PDA

View Full Version : Owner of the Spurs

Rogue
12-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Spurs is a great team who has won 4 championships during the past 10 years, but the owner of this great team is the smallest around the league in wealth. It's not his fault to be poor but he should know that this team is not his stock. Tim is still good but no one can ignore his descending during recent years, Scola could have take Tim's stake but the owner traded him just to sweeping a gabage contract, just to avoid the luxury tax.

Spurs Owner always seems cowardice in front of luxury tax, quite different from Mark Cuban who pays tens of millions of dollars every year for luxury tax. I'm afraid the spur's GM will be forced to trade Manu for a seacond round pick just to help his boss get rid of luxury tax. Shall we force the Owner of the Spurs to sell this team to Cuban? Cuban is a little bit compous but not mean, at least he'll never avoid luxury tax like a coward at the expence of a talented rookie.

PM5K
12-08-2008, 09:59 AM
lol

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Let me be the first to laugh at this thread!

Scola was never going to be a big piece in SA, a good role player yes, but nothing more. The Spurs fucked up in this trade but it's not like we traded the next Jordan. Let it go.

All teams are reluctant to go over the Lux tax, it's there for a reason. The teams which are above it and pay millions every year are teams who have messed up royally and are trying to get under the lux tax as soon as possible - glaring example : trading Camby for a 2nd round pick.

And finally, if you take your time to take a look at the stats of the total payroll of teams compared to success on the court you'll find that high payroll does not equate to champinships, smart management does and that's why the Spurs have been so successful for over a decade.

sonic21
12-08-2008, 10:04 AM
Shall we force the Owner of the Spurs to sell this team to Cuban? Cuban is a little bit compous but not mean, at least he'll never avoid luxury tax like a coward at the expence of a talented rookie.

:wow

temujin
12-08-2008, 10:05 AM
Wasn't it for the excellent English, I would bet this poster is Cuban himself.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-08-2008, 10:07 AM
lol

:lol

and double :lol at the OP of this ridiculous thread.

urunobili
12-08-2008, 10:10 AM
as TPark says... go back to SR! :devil

mathbzh
12-08-2008, 10:10 AM
My contribution to this great thread :
:lol:lol:lol:rollin:rollin:rollin:lmao:lmao:lmao

Slomo
12-08-2008, 10:12 AM
:lmao

It's a rainy and generally sad day over here. The moment I walked in my office this moment a ton of problems and clients complaints fell on me, and to make things worse half of our phone lines are dead and the telco guys are dragging their feet.

So thank you for this thread - I needed a good laugh.

Dr. Gonzo
12-08-2008, 10:12 AM
That is a brilliant post.

SmellyFeet
12-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Owner spurs coward!!!!! he no spend millions of moneys like cuban!!! coward!!!! spend moneys or coward!!!

mathbzh
12-08-2008, 10:25 AM
:cell

"Hi Rogue, James Dolan speaking... You are 100% right and you are my next GM"

mrspurs
12-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Nah not just Mark Cuban. Sell the team to both Mark Cuban and Jerry Jones. That way we can have a new team every other year. All those new jerseys under the xmas tree year in and year out. Who cares if we win it all or not. As long as we have all those jerseys coming in. Thats all that matters. Oh and the shoes, how can I forget all those nice shoes we would get to buy as well...................

Dex
12-08-2008, 10:39 AM
http://www.forbes.com/2007/12/06/nba-team-valuations-biz-07nba-cz_kb_mo_cs_1206nba_land.html

On a recent poll by Forbes, the Spurs are the only small-market team to crack the Top Ten in terms of current value and revenue.

And we've got four championships.

All without busting the luxury tax.

I'll take the Spurs formula any day.

SpursFanFirst
12-08-2008, 12:14 PM
:idiot

Blackjack
12-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Coward, huh?

It would probably be a good idea to learn a little something about Mr. Holt's past, before you start throwing the word coward around.

For instance, if I had not read this post, I would have never known you were a moron.

sandman
12-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Considering that the only non-Argie mentioned in the OP was Duncan, at it was sort of back-handed in order to get in a Scola plug, I'm going to bet this thread was started in the Southern Hemisphere...

ClingingMars
12-08-2008, 02:12 PM

DaBears
12-08-2008, 03:01 PM
While yes it is true i dont see Spurs owner P. Holt rarely takes chances on spending money it seems, he has brought the city of SA 4 rings. In the next acouple of seasons he will have no choice as Duncan and ginobli and others will be on the way out.

angelbelow
12-08-2008, 03:12 PM
ive always been quite proud of our ability to win without overpaying. i took a lot of pride in knowing that our team was so great at managing contracts/roles of players/etc.

oh and fuck mark cuban.

BOHOLANO#21
12-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Spurs is a great team who has won 4 championships during the past 10 years, but the owner of this great team is the smallest around the league in wealth. It's not his fault to be poor but he should know that this team is not his stock. Tim is still good but no one can ignore his descending during recent years, Scola could have take Tim's stake but the owner traded him just to sweeping a gabage contract, just to avoid the luxury tax.

Spurs Owner always seems cowardice in front of luxury tax, quite different from Mark Cuban who pays tens of millions of dollars every year for luxury tax. I'm afraid the spur's GM will be forced to trade Manu for a seacond round pick just to help his boss get rid of luxury tax. Shall we force the Owner of the Spurs to sell this team to Cuban? Cuban is a little bit compous but not mean, at least he'll never avoid luxury tax like a coward at the expence of a talented rookie.
LOL and fuck u and cuban

exstatic
12-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Exactly how many Championships has Cuban's wallet bought the Mavs? Speak up. Can't hear you...

m33p0
12-08-2008, 08:27 PM
Exactly how many Championships has Cuban's wallet bought the Mavs? Speak up. Can't hear you...
2006 BABEY!!! Whoa!!! wooohoooo! HAHAHAHA! HoHoHo! *gurgle* *gurgle* *gurgle* woot!

Reck
12-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Muhahahahahhahahahahhaha, sell our beloved team to Cuban..hahahahhahahahahh and lulz.

Good thread..to have a great laugh.:toast

Manufan909
12-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Coward, huh?

It would probably be a good idea to learn a little something about Mr. Holt's past, before you start throwing the word coward around.

For instance, if I had not read this post, I would have never known you were a moron.

+ 6,000,000,000

Buddy Holly
12-08-2008, 10:33 PM
http://www.forbes.com/2007/12/06/nba-team-valuations-biz-07nba-cz_kb_mo_cs_1206nba_land.html

On a recent poll by Forbes, the Spurs are the only small-market team to crack the Top Ten in terms of current value and revenue.

And we've got four championships.

All without busting the luxury tax.

I'll take the Spurs formula any day.

Don't seriously respond to what is either a TROLL or a straight up DUMBASS.

celldweller
12-08-2008, 10:42 PM
I hardly post here (although I'm here reading practically every day), let me break my silence by stating............THIS THREAD IS STUPID!!!!

SpurSupremacist
12-08-2008, 10:53 PM
I'm not sure why people are flaming this guy, other than because of Cuban ripping the city of San Antonio. He's a great owner. There's no denying that. I would much rather have him.

anakha
12-08-2008, 10:56 PM
I'm not sure why people are flaming this guy, other than because of Cuban ripping the city of San Antonio. He's a great owner. There's no denying that. I would much rather have him.

Cuban's money, sure.

Cuban himself? With his interfering style? No thanks.

Buddy Holly
12-08-2008, 10:57 PM

I'd also not like to win titles either and have inconsistent head coaches and players. Yeah!

But aside from that, there's more than asking to sell to that numnuts that makes his post FUCKING MORONIC.

SpurSupremacist
12-08-2008, 11:07 PM
I'd also not like to win titles either and have inconsistent head coaches and players. Yeah!

But aside from that, there's more than asking to sell to that numnuts that makes his post FUCKING MORONIC.

What does not winning titles have to do with Cuban? Cuban doesn't have Tim Duncan. That's not any fault of his. He didn't instruct his team to tank a season to get a great pick like Duncan. He's assembled a good team in Dallas(a team that ousted the Spurs from the playoffs), and more importantly, he's willing to spend the money to win. That's all you can ask from an owner. You, sir, are the moron.

Buddy Holly
12-08-2008, 11:24 PM
What does not winning titles have to do with Cuban? Cuban doesn't have Tim Duncan. That's not any fault of his. He didn't instruct his team to tank a season to get a great pick like Duncan. He's assembled a good team in Dallas(a team that ousted the Spurs from the playoffs), and more importantly, he's willing to spend the money to win. That's all you can ask from an owner. You, sir, are the moron.

Yeah and with him guiding the team ala Jerry Jones, there'd be no Manu or Parker and probably no Pop as he'd get fed up with his shit.

Whenever there was little success, there'd be trades for players with outrageous contracts who are hard to get of.

Quit acting like money is the solution to everything.

angelbelow
12-08-2008, 11:30 PM

i believe you are the true moron. if you want to argue that fact that cuban is willing to spend then argue why he did not resign nash, or that he let finley go to save money.

he also loves to play GM, now his team is deep in luxury tax and resigned diop to a 5 year deal. hes an idiot, hes rich, but he has no idea how to run a b-ball team.

oh and explain why he has not fired the current dallas gm, who sucks shit, and hired one that is better.

Buddy Holly
12-08-2008, 11:33 PM
Bottomline, Holt lets people who know basketball run the team. Not himself.

Holt is in every sense a better businessman when it comes to the NBA.

SequSpur
12-08-2008, 11:49 PM
I think Rogue brings up a couple of valid points.. the rest of you are a bunch of dicks.

Buddy Holly
12-08-2008, 11:51 PM
I think Rogue brings up a couple of valid points.. the rest of you are a bunch of dicks.

Moronic mental midgets sticking up for one another, how surprising...

SequSpur
12-08-2008, 11:55 PM
Moronic mental midgets sticking up for one another, how surprising...

Dick #1

Buddy Holly
12-09-2008, 12:01 AM
Dick #1

:toast

SpurSupremacist
12-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Yeah and with him guiding the team ala Jerry Jones, there'd be no Manu or Parker and probably no Pop as he'd get fed up with his shit.

Whenever there was little success, there'd be trades for players with outrageous contracts who are hard to get of.

Quit acting like money is the solution to everything.

Criticizing an owner by bringing up Jerry Jones doesn't really solidify any point you're trying to make. Just saying, for future reference.

Bottom line, Mark Cuban is a passionate owner that cares about what his team does. He will spend the money to compete. That is more than I can say for Holt.

SpurSupremacist
12-09-2008, 11:51 AM
i believe you are the true moron. if you want to argue that fact that cuban is willing to spend then argue why he did not resign nash, or that he let finley go to save money.

The contract that Nash received, at the time, was way more than ANYONE thought he should receive. Props to Phoenix for the signing in hindsight, but it isn't like Cuban was just being cheap here. The contract he signed was way over market value. Really bad example on your part. He let Finley go because there was a one time out he had in the new CBA. Simple.

he also loves to play GM

Really? So you are there for the negotiations? What makes you say this?

now his team is deep in luxury tax and resigned diop to a 5 year deal. hes an idiot, hes rich, but he has no idea how to run a b-ball team.

Clearly he is an idiot. A self-made billionaire. God, that guy is a moron!

oh and explain why he has not fired the current dallas gm, who sucks shit, and hired one that is better.

Like R.C. Buford? I'll be back, after the decibel level of my laughter has went down.

The Truth #6
12-09-2008, 03:21 PM
Everyone and their mother knows Cuban was the "mastermind" behind the Kidd trade, which is perhaps one of the worst trades in recent memory. NJN later said they would have done the trade straight up, but Cuban sweetened it with extra draft picks.

I appreciate Cuban's passion and money, and at around 2006 it would make sense to think it's greener on the other side, but now, it makes no sense at all.

BlackBellamy
12-09-2008, 03:43 PM
I really try not to bash people on this site. But, really. It is hard to write anything in response to such insane logic. If I even tried to process this thread in a rational/ logical sense, I would fry the motherboard of my brain. I would be left lobotomized, drooling, blood free-flowing from my ears and eyes, sitting in a puddle of my own excrement. And from the thought process displayed in the initial post, I assume that is exactly what the writer of this thread's state most likely is. What more can one say?
I mean...k...really?....uh...hmm...what?....k....k.. ...What!?! Ahhhhh!!!

Duncan2177
12-09-2008, 03:51 PM

Scola was never going to be a big piece in SA, a good role player yes, but nothing more. The Spurs fucked up in this trade but it's not like we traded the next Jordan. Let it go.

All teams are reluctant to go over the Lux tax, it's there for a reason. The teams which are above it and pay millions every year are teams who have messed up royally and are trying to get under the lux tax as soon as possible - glaring example : trading Camby for a 2nd round pick.

And finally, if you take your time to take a look at the stats of the total payroll of teams compared to success on the court you'll find that high payroll does not equate to champinships, smart management does and that's why the Spurs have been so successful for over a decade.

But Scola would of been a bigger upgrade than Boner.

Tully365
12-09-2008, 03:57 PM
I'm not sure why people are flaming this guy, other than because of Cuban ripping the city of San Antonio.

:lol

SpurSupremacist
12-12-2008, 03:36 AM
Everyone and their mother knows Cuban was the "mastermind" behind the Kidd trade, which is perhaps one of the worst trades in recent memory. NJN later said they would have done the trade straight up, but Cuban sweetened it with extra draft picks.

I appreciate Cuban's passion and money, and at around 2006 it would make sense to think it's greener on the other side, but now, it makes no sense at all.

Not really. It was Avery Johnson who didn't properly use Devin Harris, or like his game. He never gave him any offensive freedom. Also, the move was made in large part to rejuvenate the team, most notably Dirk. I agree that is one of the worst trades that has been made in the league recently, though. Along with Luis Scola for cap relief.

GSH
12-12-2008, 08:59 AM
Wasn't it for the excellent English, I would bet this poster is Cuban himself.

Yeah, but don't think of it as a "language barrier". Some people are fucking ignorant in their native tongue, too.

T Park
12-12-2008, 09:03 AM

I say no such thing!!!!

I say

"I wish SR would take back its posters" :lol