PDA

View Full Version : How they voted: coaches poll, final week

j-6
12-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Thanks to the DMN - http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/12/interesting-votes-from-big-12-coaches.html

Complete poll found here: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/graphics/coaches_fb_poll_2008/flash.htm

Art Briles, Baylor
1. Oklahoma
2. Florida
3. USC
4. Alabama
5. Texas

Mack Brown, Texas
1. Florida
2. Texas
3. Oklahoma
4. Alabama
5. Penn State

Mike Leach, Texas Tech
1. Oklahoma
2. Texas Tech
3. Florida
4. Alabama
5. Texas

Other noteworthy votes:

Neuheisel (UCLA) put Texas #1 and OU #4. SC's 3rd.

Chizik (Iowa St), Dodge (UNT), and Price (UTEP) were UT's other first place votes. For the non-Orangebloods in here, Chizik was the defensive coordinator on the UT title run and Dodge played QB for the Horns in the mid 80's.

In addition to Leach and Briles, Dantonio (Mich St) and Schiano (Rutgers) put UT at #5.

Twelve guys voted OU 3rd or lower. Nine did the same to Florida.

Leach's #2 vote for Tech and Mumme's (NM St) #3 were their only votes above sixth.

leemajors
12-08-2008, 10:33 AM
thanks for the links, interesting stuff.

samikeyp
12-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Not a lot of surprises.

A lot of votes down lines of personal allegiance.

degenerate_gambler
12-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Urban Meyer voting Ole Miss #12.....nice lol

Blake
12-08-2008, 10:52 AM
why the coaches even have a vote is beyond me.

leemajors
12-08-2008, 12:13 PM
why the coaches even have a vote is beyond me.

this is true. why it factors into anything is beyond reason.

K-State Spur
12-08-2008, 02:28 PM
The biases and conflicts of interest inherent with those lists should be enough to make anyone (with a brain, which i'm not sure qualifies the PTB in NCAA football) dump those polls.

chode_regulator
12-08-2008, 07:53 PM
The biases and conflicts of interest inherent with those lists should be enough to make anyone (with a brain, which i'm not sure qualifies the PTB in NCAA football) dump those polls.

yeah no kidding. i mean leach putting his team at 2. i wonder why he did that? they shouldnt get a vote at all, or if they want their own damn poll make it not count. let them have one to make themselves feel all warm and fuzzy inside

ClingingMars
12-09-2008, 09:34 PM
it's simple. don't let coaches vote for their own team.

-Mars

K-State Spur
12-10-2008, 12:18 AM
it's simple. don't let coaches vote for their own team.

-Mars

Yeah, but then you have guys like Schiano voting Penn State high because those are his roots. Chizik will vote Texas higher because he has a relationship with Mack Brown. ETC, ETC, ETC...

It's impossible to remove the biases from the lists. There are too many existing relationships, links, friendships, etc.

to21
12-10-2008, 10:43 AM
What are they smoking in Waco?

dallaskd
12-10-2008, 08:29 PM
:lmao :lmao @ Leach

j-6
12-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Leach's #2 vote for Tech and Mumme's (NM St) #3 were their only votes above sixth.

Leach was an assistant under Mumme from 1989-1998 at Iowa Wesleyan, Valdosta State and Kentucky.

chode_regulator
12-10-2008, 08:38 PM
Yeah, but then you have guys like Schiano voting Penn State high because those are his roots. Chizik will vote Texas higher because he has a relationship with Mack Brown. ETC, ETC, ETC...

It's impossible to remove the biases from the lists. There are too many existing relationships, links, friendships, etc.

exactly. but then again, i wonder if some dont vote differently bc it is shown the last week. i.e. leach voting his team number 2. i mean if everyone had voted more fairly, or less bias, whatever you want to call it, does it end up making a difference. i dotn know, neither do i care really.

:lmao :lmao @ Leach

yeah waht a tard. i mean see my above posts for possible reason why he did it but i mean he really highlights the flaw with the system with that vote. maybe that was his reason! :hat