PDA

View Full Version : help with pc usb issue

Viva Las Espuelas
12-08-2008, 12:42 PM
well i have this issue with my usb hub. i'm running a hacked version of xp pro. don't know if that is a contributing factor so i included that. well they are usb 2.0 hubs and every once in a while when i plug into the hub it gives me a "this device can perform faster if you update to usp 2.0" error message. the thing is they are updated to usb 2.0. sometimes i get that message sometimes i don't. the hub i have is a cheapie hub, so i don't know if that's the problem or something else.

TDMVPDPOY
12-08-2008, 12:53 PM
try plugging it the hub into another USB port, try the ones at the back of case....

Viva Las Espuelas
12-08-2008, 01:03 PM
try plugging it the hub into another USB port, try the ones at the back of case....
i've don't that. even if i plug device straight into the back i get the same message.

balli
12-08-2008, 01:08 PM
well i have this issue with my usb hub. i'm running a hacked version of xp pro. don't know if that is a contributing factor so i included that. well they are usb 2.0 hubs and every once in a while when i plug into the hub it gives me a "this device can perform faster if you update to usp 2.0" error message. the thing is they are updated to usb 2.0. sometimes i get that message sometimes i don't. the hub i have is a cheapie hub, so i don't know if that's the problem or something else.

I'm running a hacked copy of XP Pro 2002 on my desktop and I get this message too. I guess it doesn't tell me to update my USB's to 2.0, but it tells me that my device can perform faster if I switch it to an available USB 2.0 port, and then it will show me a list of open ports. I've never worried about it because it's sort of rare, if I get it I just disconnect/re-connect the device and it always connects as a 2.0 device the second time around.

Incidentally, I had the same problem, running the same Windows on my laptop, but I switched to Ubuntu and so far haven't encountered the problem. That makes me think it's a glitch in XP rather than a hardware malfunction.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-08-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm running a hacked copy of XP Pro 2002 on my desktop and I get this message too. I guess it doesn't tell me to update my USB's to 2.0, but it tells me that my device can perform faster if I switch it to an available USB 2.0 port, and then it will show me a list of open ports. I've never worried about it because it's sort of rare, if I get it I just disconnect/re-connect the device and it always connects as a 2.0 device the second time around.

Incidentally, I had the same problem, running the same Windows on my laptop, but I switched to Ubuntu and so far haven't encountered the problem. That makes me think it's a glitch in XP rather than a hardware malfunction.
i kinda thought that might be it. it could be. i'll just wait 'til windows 7 comes out to actually buy an OS.

TDMVPDPOY
12-08-2008, 11:25 PM
you can always dl the usb2.0 patch....