PDA

View Full Version : I don't see how this is good for our team.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-24-2005, 05:34 PM
:depressed
Malik was a well liked part fo the community and a glue guy in the locker room. He played his heart out every time he stepped on the floor and he was the longest tenured spur here. He know's pop's system better than anyone else on the planet. Why trade him for a stuggling Mohammmad.

I'm sorry I always thought the SPurs were about character, stabbing someone in the fucking back just isn't quite up to par

Also, don't you think there are going to be some irrate players, especially Duncan whom is known to have a strong friendship with Rose, that cannot help chemistry. This was a bad move.
:flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff Pop, and the whole god damned spurs front office.

Clandestino
02-24-2005, 05:38 PM
we'll soon find out... i just wonder how long before the trade was announced that malik was made aware of it..

IceColdBrewski
02-24-2005, 05:38 PM
Just one question. How was Malik "stabbed in the back"???

He has been on the trading block for years now.

JsnSA
02-24-2005, 05:39 PM
:lol

Trading Malik is not stabbing him in the back. He is a proffesional. he knows how the system works.

Think of it this way...it may be just as good for Malik as it is for the Spurs.

Face it...Malik could not earn any playing time. He hasnt been able to for quite a while now...not just this season.

With this trade...we will free up more money for the future (We had too much money locked up in a Malik that barely played) so that we can bring in guys like Scola.

And Malik may have a better chance in the East to earn more minutes than he did here in SA.

Hopefully he can step his game up to another level over there.

Malik has been a big part of SA for a long time..I doubt that will change. he still has two restaraunts here. I am sure he will continue a presence here in some way for years to come.

Spurminator
02-24-2005, 05:39 PM
A. How is trading someone a stab in the back?

B. How do you know Nazr isn't a "character guy"?

C. How do you know Duncan wasn't consulted before the move was made?

Brodels
02-24-2005, 05:43 PM
Malik was a well liked part fo the community and a glue guy in the locker room. He played his heart out every time he stepped on the floor and he was the longest tenured spur here. He know's pop's system better than anyone else on the planet. Why trade him for a stuggling Mohammmad.

Heart and tenure are important, but they couldn't compensate for Malik's greatest weakness: his size. The Spurs have been pretty thin up front. It's arguable that Duncan is that only player that has given them quality minutes up front night after night. Some size was needed, and Nazr provides it. He plays big underneath that basket and will bring some toughness that Rasho lacks.

I'm sorry I always thought the SPurs were about character, stabbing someone in the fucking back just isn't quite up to parp

I know this is an emotional outburst, but this is nothing but bullshit. NBA players sign contracts with the understanding that they can get traded. Trades happen every day in the NBA. The Spurs have high-character guys, but they are a business and they try to make money and win ballgames however they can.

If you think that trading a player is stabbing him in the back, you simply don't understand the game very well. Did the Spurs recently promise Malik that he wouldn't be traded and then backed out of the deal? That would be about the only way the Spurs could have stabbed him in the back. The Spurs had an obligation to pay him. That's about it. And although he did so much for the Spurs over the years, he knew when he signed the contract that he could be traded.

Any NBA player that signs a contract does so with the understanding that they could be moved to another team at any time. How exactly is that backstabbing?

And you're right. The Spurs are about winning games and making money. They aren't a charity or a nonprofit organization. I think you've been blinded by what you think the Spurs should be. It's a professional basketball organization that has been more than fair with Malik as far as we can tell.

Also, don't you think there are going to be some irrate players, especially Duncan whom is known to have a strong friendship with Rose, that cannot help chemistry. This was a bad move.
:flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff Pop, and the whole god damned spurs front office.

Some said the same when Antonio was traded, and things turned out O.K. Duncan knows that the NBA doesn't exist to facilitate friendships among players. It's a job. And you really have no idea what Duncan thinks. Perhaps he's happy that he's finally going to get some help up front. We just don't know.

jcrod
02-24-2005, 05:43 PM
Get over it people. Malik was too inconsistent. Horry was taking all his minutes, only reason Rose played was to showcase him. We needed a true back up/starter center.

redeye
02-24-2005, 05:45 PM
Everyone..... chill the f*ck out!!!!!! you think that the spurs made this deal behind Tims back.... Sorry that is just stupid. Go load one!!!!

Shelly
02-24-2005, 05:46 PM
I'm sure Tim was well aware of what was on the table.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-24-2005, 05:48 PM
A. How is trading someone a stab in the back?

B. How do you know Nazr isn't a "character guy"?

C. How do you know Duncan wasn't consulted before the move was made?

A. when a guy does his best for you for 8 years and never causes problems, you don't dump him just to cut salary.

B. I don't but I know Malik is and we just lost him

C. Because I know that Tim knows that Malik wants to stay here and I can not imagine him turning his back on his friend, I would never do something like that, and you would be hard pressed to find someone outside of perhaps youself that would.

ducks
02-24-2005, 05:49 PM
if duncan does not like it trade him

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-24-2005, 05:49 PM
haha they can give me 50 million dollars and stab me in the back all they want.

Shelly
02-24-2005, 05:53 PM
I don't recall Tim crying when Antonio left and they were BFF!

td4mvp21
02-24-2005, 05:54 PM
Get over it people. Malik was too inconsistent. Horry was taking all his minutes, only reason Rose played was to showcase him. We needed a true back up/starter center.

Oh, and Nazr Mohammad is gonna be that? Malik Rose was a very important part of our two championships. I don't know why we traded him. He had a good game against New Orleans and last night against Houston. He has been inconsistent this year and last year, but remember he was the Spurs spiritual leader according to David Robinson. That can't be good for the chemistry. Dumb move. At least get someone a with more experience. I hope he proves me wrong, but I dont see how this is good either.

Jimcs50
02-24-2005, 05:54 PM
Business...we are told that over and over...it is just a business.

But we as fans are supposed to be passionate about our team and players and pay money to watch these players,....so it is NOT a business, it is sports, it is a pastime, a lifestyle. Moves like this jade sports. Our fathers could count on havingthe same players for years to root for. We are lucky to keep the same players for more than 4 yrs nowadays.

timvp
02-24-2005, 05:56 PM
I don't recall Tim crying when Antonio left and they were BFF!

:rollin

Spurminator
02-24-2005, 05:57 PM
I hope BFF means "Best Friends Forever"...

Brodels
02-24-2005, 05:57 PM
A. when a guy does his best for you for 8 years and never causes problems, you don't dump him just to cut salary.

Now you're just making shit up. The fact is that you really have no idea why the Spurs made the trade. It looks like money was a factor, but Nazr is a better player on paper and he's played better this season. Perhaps that Spurs realized that Malik is limited. Perhaps the Spurs are trying to win a championship. Money may have been a factor, but you don't know that improving the team wasn't the primary motivation.

When you're running a business where it's commonly understood that contracts get moved around all the time and millions of dollars are at stake, dumping salary isn't necessarily an evil thing. It's a business. And the Spurs want to win titles. It was a good business move and may very well turn out to be a good basketball move to trade Malik. It's the NBA. These things are expected.

Yeah, well, there are several sucky NBA players with good character. Should the Spurs simply seek out the twelve best character guys, even if it means trading Duncan and losing 60 games?

C. Because I know that Tim knows that Malik wants to stay here and I can not imagine him turning his back on his friend, I would never do something like that, and you would be hard pressed to find someone outside of perhaps youself that would.

It's possible, of course, that Tim wants to win and could be happy that Malik is going to a place where he has an opportunity to play. And since you really don't know anything about the relationship between Duncan and Rose, it's impossible for you to know anything about the situation.

Again, it's not a charity. It's not a nonprofit. It's a business, and the goal is to entertain, make money, and win games. It's not to build character and nurture friendships. If that's what you think the league should be about, I suggest you start watching a different form of entertainment.

Kori Ellis
02-24-2005, 05:58 PM
And AD and Tim are still close friends. Tim and Malik were in his wedding here this summer in San Antonio.

Tim is an adult and a professional basketball player. I'm sure he'll miss Malik being around all the time, but he's smart enough to figure out what's best for the team long-term.

ducks
people pop was trying to get tp to be the locker room leader
this move was planned and
it is not like we as fans did not know rose was not on the block

Shelly
I hope BFF means "Best Friends Forever"...

yes! :drunk

Spurminator
02-24-2005, 05:59 PM
Shit how do y'all know Malik isn't happy to make a move where he'll have an opportunity to play more and, perhaps, earn a better contract when this one is up?

Kori Ellis
02-24-2005, 06:01 PM
Shit how do y'all know Malik isn't happy to make a move where he'll have an opportunity to play more and, perhaps, earn a better contract when this one is up?

Malik LOVES San Antonio. But I'm sure that in some way he's relieved and happy to have more opportunities elsewhere.

People shouldn't be dying over this trade. It's sad in some ways, but everyone will be fine.

Brodels
02-24-2005, 06:02 PM
I don't know why we traded him. He had a good game against New Orleans and last night against Houston. He has been inconsistent this year and last year, but remember he was the Spurs spiritual leader according to David Robinson.

The Spurs need help up front for the playoffs. Rasho has been a disappointment this season. The Spurs were paying Malik way too much for his talent. That's why he was traded.

That can't be good for the chemistry. Dumb move.

Since Pop and Malik didn't usually see eye to eye, it could turn out to be very, very good for chemistry. That remains to be seen.

At least get someone a with more experience. I hope he proves me wrong, but I dont see how this is good either.

How much experience do you want? Do you want the Spurs to find Jerome Kersey? Seven years and 363 games is a good bit of NBA experience.

Spurminator
02-24-2005, 06:03 PM
Right, obviously it would be bittersweet, but I've got to think he's at least a little relieved to get consistent playing time.

ShoogarBear
02-24-2005, 06:03 PM
Malik probably has mixed emotions.

Sure he'll get more PT and less Pop. But it ain't like he's in line to be the next Jermaine O'Neal. He also knows he's going from the favorites for the NBA crown to a situation where it would take a miracle to make the playoffs.

And he's leaving his family behind.

On the whole, I bet he'd rather stay.

Useruser666
02-24-2005, 06:04 PM
The Spurs had to make this trade to get SpurGal out of Malik's 500 mile restricted area.

JsnSA
02-24-2005, 06:07 PM

Man...Am I glad you are NOT the spurs GM.

We would still be playing Vinny and Avery with you around. :lol

Shelly
02-24-2005, 06:09 PM
The Spurs had to make this trade to get SpurGal out of Malik's 500 mile restricted area.

Well, there you go!

ducks
02-24-2005, 06:12 PM
I can understand why some are upset I would have been upset if spurs got webber abd david walked
but it would have been better for the spurs in the long run

Extra Stout
02-24-2005, 06:15 PM
Gawd, some Spurs fans are such whiny bitches. They're only the overwhelming favorites to win the NBA championship and they're bitching about some undersized reserve forward getting traded. Waah, waah, waah, the Spurs are different blah blah blah like they're all about hokum Mayberry small-town values or some bullshit.

Yeah, well that small-town farmboy team is the one that goes 1-29 against the city kids and just says aw shucks. Turn off the goddamned NBA and start watching Andy Griffith reruns or something and let the rest of us focus on things that matter.

Yeah the Spurs are so fucking disloyal because they signed Malik to $42 million in guaranteed money. Oh, no, he got traded, but guess what -- he still gets all that cash no matter where he plays. Hey, I'll take one-fourtieth of that contract to go live in New York for a few years. Damn.

I wasn't aware the Spurs were a church league team. I thought they played in the National Basketball Association, which is a business of professionals.

Some of you have the most bullshit priorities with regard to the Spurs.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-24-2005, 06:17 PM
wont this trade allow the spurs to resign devin brown?? im not positive... but if it does, its even sweeter

SequSpur
02-24-2005, 06:18 PM
7 years, 42 million sitting in a chair 80% of the time. You think that is good?

You my friend are blinded by your black and silver sunglasses.

Late.

SpursChampsIII
02-24-2005, 06:20 PM
[QUOTE=td4mvp21] Dumb move. At least get someone a with more experience.QUOTE]

More experience??? I don't think your brain and fingers were on the same page when you typed that idiotic remark.

Kori Ellis
02-24-2005, 06:21 PM
wont this trade allow the spurs to resign devin brown?? im not positive... but if it does, its even sweeter

It doesn't affect that at all. The Spurs didn't have cap space for the upcoming summer before the trade and they still don't have cap space.

They have the MLE to sign Scola (or whoever).

And they have Devin's early bird's rights to sign him.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-24-2005, 06:28 PM
Gawd, some Spurs fans are such whiny bitches. They're only the overwhelming favorites to win the NBA championship and they're bitching about some undersized reserve forward getting traded. Waah, waah, waah, the Spurs are different blah blah blah like they're all about hokum Mayberry small-town values or some bullshit.

Yeah, well that small-town farmboy team is the one that goes 1-29 against the city kids and just says aw shucks. Turn off the goddamned NBA and start watching Andy Griffith reruns or something and let the rest of us focus on things that matter.

Yeah the Spurs are so fucking disloyal because they signed Malik to $42 million in guaranteed money. Oh, no, he got traded, but guess what -- he still gets all that cash no matter where he plays. Hey, I'll take one-fourtieth of that contract to go live in New York for a few years. Damn.

I wasn't aware the Spurs were a church league team. I thought they played in the National Basketball Association, which is a business of professionals.

Some of you have the most bullshit priorities with regard to the Spurs.

Now you've done did it ass hole, first off the fact that I have loyalty to a team and a player who has been with a team for a long fucking time is nothing to mock, nor piss at. Second, give me one god damn reason that Nazr will be more effective than Rose in the Western confrernece, third you can STFU you arrogant prick because you aren't a basketball expert and this team has been marketing itself as a team with character since before your useless mind came into being, so i have every right as a fan to be upset that they would conduct a "buisness" arangement i consider unclassy.

Now as for you telling me that my being upset that one of my favorite players ever was just dumped from my favorite team is the equivelent of some red-neck complacency, or bitch ass tendencies are enough to make you sound not only like a prick but a very stupid one to. Next time when you feel like sticking your dick up your ass, dont do it in my direction!

STFU ASS HOLE!!!!! :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff

texbound
02-24-2005, 06:29 PM

Wasn't Tim courting Jason Kidd about a 1 1/2 years ago? I'm sure that Parker felt a little left out of that one.

kskonn
02-24-2005, 06:33 PM
wow there is so much anger these days.

You know I do not remember this much passion about sean elliot getting traded back in the 90's for Rodman. He was a much better player than Malik. Everyone just needs to relax. The trade is done, it was done correctly and nothing is going to change that. Start supporting the new guy and hope Malik does well.

T Park
02-24-2005, 06:34 PM
Nazr Mohammed won countless character awards in Atlanta and New York.

When I say peanut head, I mean by basketball wise.

BTW, trading a guy isn't backstabbing grow up people.

exstatic
Huh? Malik admitted himself that he dogged it last year just to irritate Pop.

Stop the cannonization drive. He was a nice guy who had a good run here, but frankly, the spurs picked him up off of the scrapheap and gave him the chance to earn that contract. It's not like he was cut and won't get paid!

Shelly
Has anyone checked on Spursgal today? :(

jalbre6
02-24-2005, 06:36 PM
RtD,

Malik isn't dead. He's just playing somewhere else. I don't get the hatred and character issues. Malik has been on the trading block for at least a year, maybe even longer. He might have been the least surprised person in the organization regarding this deal.

Shelly
02-24-2005, 06:39 PM
KSAT showed a recent interview with him on the 5 o'clock where he said ON TAPE that he wouldn't be surprised if he was traded and understands that this is a business.

I'm sure he knew this day was coming.

Extra Stout
02-24-2005, 06:47 PM
Now you've done did it ass hole, first off the fact that I have loyalty to a team and a player who has been with a team for a long fucking time is nothing to mock, nor piss at.Yeah it is. Loyalty in a pro sport with guaranteed contracts is bullshit. You act like he's going to end up living in a cardboard box or something. Dude still has a $42 million contract in his pocket.

Second, give me one god damn reason that Nazr will be more effective than Rose in the Western confrerneceThe Spurs swapped a reserve forward who saw spotty playing time for another one who'll see spotty playing but is four inches taller. BFD. It's only a big deal because fans have this emotional attachment to Malik for the blue-collar work ethic he once had.

third you can STFU you arrogant prick because you aren't a basketball expert and this team has been marketing itself as a team with character since before your useless mind came into being, so i have every right as a fan to be upset that they would conduct a "buisness" arangement i consider unclassy.David Robinson retired. The Spurs are just a basketball team. There is a difference between conducting the organization professionally and being a goddamned monastery. The Spurs are "classy" because their players don't get arrested or otherwise cause trouble. That's it. If you're so fucking upset, then I don't want to see your rah-rah bullshit when they go 67-15 and collect another ring. I can just see the asterisk now:

San Antonio Spurs -- 2004-05 NBA Champions*

*Certain so-called "fans" who are ridiculously spoiled by an organization that has given them more wins and championships than most sports fans will ever see in their entire lives discount this title because they traded a long-tenured tough 6'6" reserve forward in February.

Now as for you telling me that my being upset that one of my favorite players ever was just dumped from my favorite team is the equivelent of some red-neck complacency, or bitch ass tendencies are enough to make you sound not only like a prick but a very stupid one to.Getting bent out of shape and accusing the organization of classlessness because they traded a long-tenured complementary player with a big contract indeed does mean you are a bitch ass. Absolutely. You are the epitome of bitch ass. You're fucking spoiled and don't deserve to get to root for the Spurs.

I don't know whether you have redneck complacency, but you're pretty naive. Players, even popular ones, get traded. In a few years, only the same dipshits who still are pissed about the Bob Hill firing will give a shit. Malik and his millions in the bank will be just fine.

P.S. Thanks Malik. You were cool.

T Park
02-24-2005, 06:59 PM
^^^ Agree 100% except for I think Mohammed will be more effective than people think.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-24-2005, 07:02 PM
*Certain so-called "fans" who are ridiculously spoiled by an organization that has given them more wins and championships than most sports fans will ever see in their entire lives discount this title because they traded a long-tenured tough 6'6" reserve forward in February.

Getting bent out of shape and accusing the organization of classlessness because they traded a long-tenured complementary player with a big contract indeed does mean you are a bitch ass. Absolutely. You are the epitome of bitch ass. You're fucking spoiled and don't deserve to get to root for the Spurs.

I don't know whether you have redneck complacency, but you're pretty naive. Players, even popular ones, get traded. In a few years, only the same dipshits who still are pissed about the Bob Hill firing will give a shit. Malik and his millions in the bank will be just fine.

Im spoiled because I like a player on my favorite team and don't want to see him get traded? I'm a bitch ass because I dont want to see him go?

No you're the fucking loser for thinking you have the right to mock my reaction to a team I root for. That's what fans do, we're not buisness men, we don't run teams, we support them and root for them, and we get emotional about them. Without us "whiny bitch ass" fans there would be no god damn team here. WTF do you think you are dipshit? You're no one special trying to run me down for my indignation, if you think it's stupid, stfu and ignore the tread, you don't have anything valuble to add anyway.

Get a life asshole

xcoriate
02-24-2005, 07:02 PM
RtD you are making an ass of yourself.

A. Malik admitted not tring last season so obviously he didn't "do his best for you"

B. Nazr has many community awards, and you have no idea of his real character, nor Maliks, you knew Malik the pro basketball player and you will come to know Nazr the pro bball player. You dont know them.

C. Dont pretend you know what Tim thinks, he is a pro and has been through trades before. Don't forget he lost Drob to retirement, its a business it happens.

For fucks sake stop being so juvenile

Shelly
02-24-2005, 07:04 PM
Damn....

RobinsontoDuncan
02-24-2005, 07:05 PM
as for you xcoriate scroll up. Last sentence.

xcoriate
02-24-2005, 07:05 PM
Man I cant believe this reaction, I loved Malik and his energy/hustle as much as the next guy, however hius time here was up. zgive Nazr a chance you may even come to like him and even bitch at the end of the season "we better sign him to an extension... we'll never win the championship again without him".

RobinsontoDuncan
02-24-2005, 07:06 PM
I would rather win a Championship with Rose, is that so horrible?

Shelly
02-24-2005, 07:07 PM
You'd think Tim just got traded.

Yes, I'm sad to see him go, but it's not the end of the world. You can still be a Malik fan so why not wish him well on his new team?

xcoriate
Wow! "Get a life asshole"

Yep you sure are showing us some maturity today...

Its been explained to you by pretty much every poster on the board, this deal works for us it gets another backup BIG, as in he is actually tall for an undersized quasi power forward.

T Park
I agree.. ^^^^

People getting emotionally attached to players like they are there best friends is a little silly.

Its a game, and its business, give me a break.

Extra Stout
02-24-2005, 07:15 PM
Im spoiled because I like a player on my favorite team and don't want to see him get traded? I'm a bitch ass because I dont want to see him go?Do a "Malik Rose tribute" or something. Maybe you think Malik is a marginally better player than his replacement. That's at least debatable. But if you bitch out and question the integrity of the organization that brought two championships and serves as the league's model franchise for making a run-of-the-mill trade, then you are an ingrate, pure and simple.

No you're the fucking loser for thinking you have the right to mock my reaction to a team I root for. That's what fans do, we're not buisness men, we don't run teams, we support them and root for them, and we get emotional about them. Without us "whiny bitch ass" fans there would be no god damn team here.True. There wouldn't be a damn team in San Antonio if the organization didn't bust its ass putting together an elite team for its spoiled ingrate fans in spite of themselves. They'd be in a decent-sized market somewhere else while San Antonio rooted for Dallas or Houston teams, just like in football and baseball. The Spurs are doing all of you a damn favor. There's only been one other instance of a team this good in a market this small, and that's Lombardi's Packers. We are the luckiest basketball fans on the damn planet and you're bitching about Malik Rose. Malik Rose. He's a nice guy and a good player, but give the front office a little damn credit for once.

If somebody didn't like the way Lombardi did business, he would tell them to go fuck themselves. Which is what the Spurs ought to do to you. If the Spurs lose business for trading Malik while carrying out one of the best seasons of all time, then all that would show is that San Antonio is a shitty sports town with terrible fans and that the franchise is too good for the city. I guarantee pretty much every other city in America would give both testicles from every first-born child to have a franchise like the Spurs. So get off your fucking holier-than-thou high horse about how beholden the best team in the NBA is to your tobacco-spittling dumb ass.

WTF do you think you are dipshit?You're no one special trying to run me down for my indignation, if you think it's stupid, stfu and ignore the tread, you don't have anything valuble to add anyway.

Get a life assholeOr just put me on ignore. I don't give a rat's ass. In summary, fuck you.

CosmicCowboy
you guys are funny.

I will miss Malik but this was an awesome trade for the Spurs. Ultimately I think it will be a good move professionally for Malik as well as he won't always be in his shadow backup role for a hall of fame power forward or forced to play out of position to get his minutes.

I also think Nazr Mohammed will be a good fit. As soon as he learns the system I expect him to take over the starting center slot. Character is not an issue as he is a devout Muslim (unless he carries it to extremes again by fasting for Ramaden like he did in NY...and POP will kick his ass if he does that) The guy is big and isn't afraid to bang. Tim needs someone like that to watch his back. He has good hands/shooting for a big guy and with Tony/Manu/Barry/Devin slashing and dumping Mohammed will feast on that like Shaq at an "all you can eat" buffet...I expect his points per game to go up significantly as defenders are gonna try to cheat off of him to stay within double distance of Tim and this plays right into the strengths of his game. All in all a perfect fit for the Spurs system.

good job RC and Pop!

dcole50

please never try to be a basketball gm .. or in any management position in any business.

"well, this guy's salary is damaging the team and he's not playing well. but, he's already been here for almost a decade. let's keep him. in fact, extend his contract. championships aren't worth hurt feelings"

ShoogarBear
02-24-2005, 07:17 PM
People getting emotionally attached to players like they are there best friends is a little silly.

Does this mean you'll stop going postal every time someone criticizes Rasho?

Rummpd
02-24-2005, 07:20 PM
Nazr Mohammed #2 | Center | San Antonio | (Rototimes.com a fantasy board)

These are the facts!

Height: 6-10 Weight: 250 Born: September 5, 1977, Chicago, IL
Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon Tue Wed
24 25 26 27 28 01 02
MEM @CLE TOR

Statistical Profile Notes & Articles Situational Stats Game Log Player Comparison Tool

2004-05 Statistics
Year Team GP Min Pts FG FG% FT FT% 3PT 3PT% ORB TRB AST STL BLK TO PF
2004-05 NY 54 28.1 10.8 4.3 50.87 2.2 70.76 0.0 0.00 3.1 8.1 0.5 1.0 1.0 1.5 3.2

Past Years' Statistics
Year Team GP Min Pts FG FG% FT FT% 3PT 3PT% ORB TRB AST STL BLK TO PF
1998-99 Phi 26 4.7 1.7 0.6 35.71 0.5 57.14 0.0 0.00 0.7 1.4 0.1 0.2 0.2 0.5 0.8
1999-00 Phi 28 6.8 2 0.8 38.89 0.4 54.55 0.0 0.00 0.6 1.8 0.1 0.1 0.4 0.6 1.0
2000-01 Atl 27 25.4 12 4.7 47.57 2.6 75.00 0.0 0.00 3.4 8.8 0.6 0.8 1.0 2.0 2.6
2001-02 Atl 82 26.4 9.7 4.0 46.14 1.7 61.71 0.0 0.00 3.0 7.9 0.4 0.8 0.7 1.4 3.1
2002-03 Atl 35 12.7 4.5 1.9 42.14 0.7 63.41 0.0 0.00 1.3 3.7 0.2 0.5 0.6 0.7 2.3
2003-04 NY 27 24.9 9.1 4.0 56.25 1.1 52.54 0.0 0.00 2.9 7.7 0.6 1.2 0.9 1.5 3.0

Latest Notes
Feb. 24 The Knicks sent Nazr Mohammed and Jamison Brewer to the Spurs for Malik Rose and a first-round pick, according to ESPN's Chad Ford.
Feb. 22 Nazr Mohammed said yesterday that his nagging groin injury felt a lot better after the All-Star break, according to the New York Daily News.
Feb. 14 Although Nazr Mohammed was able to play through his groin injury last night, he was limited to just 15 minutes and none in the fourth quarter, according to the New York Daily News.
Feb. 13 A groin injury limited Nazr Mohammed during Friday's game, but he's not expected to miss today's contest, according to the New York Daily News.
Nov. 8 Even though Nazr Mohammed hasn't given the Knicks the type of interior presence they'd like, coach Lenny Wilkens said he's not giving up on starting Mohammed at center, according to the New York Daily News.

The guy is 610 and I am sure that is why Pop went for him - facing the Dirks of the world we need some ht at FW/Center besides Duncan.

I remember this guy was drooled over a few years back and I would not be surprised if he surprised us all! (Even though as a longtime Spurs fan and a current Drexel Professor I will miss Malik - probably catch him a couple times a years at 76 and Knicks games and root for him (but not the Knicks)

CosmicCowboy
02-24-2005, 07:29 PM
I gotta stay up to watch TNT tonight...betcha Charles, Kenny and the boys are UNANIMOUS that the Spurs just got a lot better.

T Park
02-24-2005, 07:33 PM
Does this mean you'll stop going postal every time someone criticizes Rasho?

Funny i dont remember calling anyone assholes and stuff like that.

I only disagree with people that speak false BS.

Im not emotionally attached to Rasho, if he was traded this afternoon, to make this team better? I would be all for it.

SequSpur
02-24-2005, 07:36 PM
:cry :cry :cry :cry

Call 1-800 wah and email Kori your problems.

Brodels
02-24-2005, 08:19 PM
Im spoiled because I like a player on my favorite team and don't want to see him get traded? I'm a bitch ass because I dont want to see him go?

No you're the fucking loser for thinking you have the right to mock my reaction to a team I root for. That's what fans do, we're not buisness men, we don't run teams, we support them and root for them, and we get emotional about them. Without us "whiny bitch ass" fans there would be no god damn team here. WTF do you think you are dipshit? You're no one special trying to run me down for my indignation, if you think it's stupid, stfu and ignore the tread, you don't have anything valuble to add anyway.

Get a life asshole

You're totally missing the point. Most aren't calling you out because you reacted emotionally to the Spurs trading one of your favorite players.

Personally, I don't think you're being stupid for getting sad or wanting him to stay. I just think you made a bad call for calling the Spurs classless. It reallly doesn't make any sense. The reasons why the move wasn't classless have been spelled out many times in this thread.

Face it: just because the Spurs made a move you don't like doesn't make them classless. You can dislike the trade, but you make a fool of yourself when you try to make the Spurs look like a coldhearted, classless team just because they made a trade that everyone including Malik has expected for three years.

If anything, Malik is the classless one. He's the one that didn't live up to his end of the bargain by tanking it at times last season. I don't really believe that, but it's arguable at least.

exstatic
02-24-2005, 08:33 PM
R2D - Your reaction is pretty funny for someone who quotes Gandhi in his sig. Get a grip. Malik and the Spurs will both be better for this deal.

Shelly
02-24-2005, 08:42 PM
I gotta stay up to watch TNT tonight...betcha Charles, Kenny and the boys are UNANIMOUS that the Spurs just got a lot better.

Charles approved.

ShoogarBear
02-24-2005, 08:44 PM
Funny i dont remember calling anyone assholes and stuff like that.

C'mon T Park, too easy.

How many nanoseconds would it take me to find a post?

It's all good, bro. Everybody has buttons.

Yours just happens to be 7 foot tall and won't dunk.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-24-2005, 09:05 PM
R2D - Your reaction is pretty funny for someone who quotes Gandhi in his sig. Get a grip. Malik and the Spurs will both be better for this deal.

I never said i was going to hurt any britishers and i certianly dont advocate violence.

Perhaps i ought to point out that i have had 8 teeth pulled today and my pain killers arent working. Then i come home and Rose is traded.

Look man I think this trade smells. If you guys dont think so that doesn't mean you have to have a bag on r2d session because i used the word classless. I get emotionally attached to the players i have rooted for, for years and years i see nothing wrong with that. It's ok though, this thread had thought me how to use the ignore botton.

mattyc
02-24-2005, 09:13 PM
Nazr Mohammed #2 | Center | San Antonio |
How dare they give up Jaren Jackson's number! ;) :p

Guru of Nothing
02-24-2005, 09:34 PM
We are the luckiest basketball fans on the damn planet

Very true, and second place is not even close.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-24-2005, 09:46 PM
Why are people still whining? Charles said it was a great trade for SA, what more do you all want?

Jimcs50
02-24-2005, 09:47 PM
Why are people still whining? Charles said it was a great trade for SA, what more do you all want?

Well then, I feel a whole lot better.

T Park
02-24-2005, 09:51 PM
obviously Malik went to Jim to get his teeth straightened.

No other reason to understand the man love.

look at his game by game numbers in January.

Unfreakin real.

Folks, the Spurs got a fuckin hell of a steal.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-24-2005, 09:56 PM
Well then, I feel a whole lot better.

i am iffy on the analysits projections as none of them are taking into account that Nazr is having a career year right now and it very well might not transfer to a team with a diffrent offensive philosiphy, i'm not really sure how often Newy York runs a four down (im gonna go out on a limb and say not much) and I don't know how much they run a motion offense, i was under the impression that Marbury is trying to make this team a run and gun transition team.

Jimcs50
02-24-2005, 09:57 PM
i am iffy on the analysits projections as none of them are taking into account that Nazr is having a career year right now and it very well might not transfer to a team with a diffrent offensive philosiphy, i'm not really sure how often Newy York runs a four down (im gonna go out on a limb and say not much) and I don't know how much they run a motion offense, i was under the impression that Marbury is trying to make this team a run and gun transition team.

I was being sarcastic

Shelly
02-24-2005, 09:58 PM
obviously Malik went to Jim to get his teeth straightened

Jim's an orthodEntist????

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 09:58 PM
New York only runs plays for Crawford and Marbury to break them. If Nazr gets a play run for him with the Spurs, it'll be his first this season.

Jimcs50
02-24-2005, 10:07 PM
obviously Malik went to Jim to get his teeth straightened.

No other reason to understand the man love.

look at his game by game numbers in January.

Unfreakin real.

Folks, the Spurs got a fuckin hell of a steal.

TPark, you sure are always concerned about my sexual orientation.
Just because I am loyal to my team's players, that does not mean I have man love, as you call it, for them.

You never ever hear me saying mean things about my players on my teams...I might kid around in chat and say someone sucks, but I never ask them to be cut, or say that they need to be benched, shot, etc...I stay in their corner no matter what.

Rose is one of my all time favorite players. Nobody ever tried harder to win or play hard every game than he did. Yeah, he made mistakes, but that is because he was trying too hard a lot of times, not because he was trying to be a showboat. He was always hustling, more than any Spur not named Manu.

1Parker1
02-24-2005, 10:33 PM
TParkRose is one of my all time favorite players. Nobody ever tried harder to win or play hard every game than he did. Yeah, he made mistakes, but that is because he was trying too hard a lot of times, not because he was trying to be a showboat. He was always hustling, more than any Spur not named Manu.

I feel like my Dog just got moved to the farmhouse :depressed

Seriously though, as upset as I am about the Malik trade, I understand that it's business and I can see where Jim and R2D are comming from. The thing that just has me pissed is the way Pop has treated him over the past two years. I just think that he didn't get the respect that he deserved. Who knows how the new guy will be?

But mark my words, come playoffs/finals time, the Spurs at some point will miss having Malik's energy, rebounding, and at times even scoring.

Good Luck, Malik. I hope you get lots of playing time in NY and win 6th man of the year. Prove those naysayers wrong!!!!! :)

RobinsontoDuncan
02-24-2005, 10:38 PM
I was being sarcastic

yes i know jim, i may be on vicadin but i can still get pick up on a thing or two.

BTW this stuff is working, so thnx

Jimcs50
02-24-2005, 10:51 PM
yes i know jim, i may be on vicadin but i can still get pick up on a thing or two.

BTW this stuff is working, so thnx

I am glad you are feeling better. Vicodin ES is good stuff. Also do not forget to not rinse and spit, and do not drink carbonated beverages.

GoldToe
02-24-2005, 11:02 PM
Malik....the Charlie Hustle of the NBA.

indianspur
02-24-2005, 11:05 PM
maybe he can open a philly's famous in nyc....

GoSpurs21
02-24-2005, 11:29 PM
Malik....the Charlie Hustle of the NBA.I miss Malik too. Malik = charlie hustle of NBA because Malik will never be in the HoF. Malik in no way had the numbers to be equated with Pete Roses in baseball.

Besides everyone forgets that Malik just got paid $3M today!!!!
I dont know about you, but that kind of coin is sweet. Does anyone know if this is in addition to his remaining contract?

Dalamar_the_Dark
02-24-2005, 11:51 PM
Guys guys. This move is great for a number of reasons. First. Malik isnt going to get back into pop's rotation. He played only cause he needed to be shopped.

second is that Malik's contract is bogging us down. we have 3 big contracts. Timmys, Parkers and Ginobilis. we need to get rid of roses contract if we are going to be flexible in the long run. so if dumb thomas is going to oblige and eat malik's contract let him. dont think anyone else is going to bite.

third which is the most important. think next season is the last season whereby we control scola's rights (correct me if im wrong). think they made this move so that we can sign scola to a small contract. cause no point having 2 undersized PFs on the same team.

fourth is Nazr is a pretty decent backup. he can board and score some. he will help short term. then we will see what happens after 2006. if not he leaves as free agent. he wont be a long term liability unlike malik.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-24-2005, 11:59 PM
you're wrong about Scola, as long as he is playing pro basketball somwhere else and is under contract we retain his rights, and scola isn't very bright because he stupidly signed a huge deal until like 2007 with a 2 million dollar buy-out. Bright guy if he really wants to play in the L huh?

Second league rules state that player must be worth i think at leats 85% salary wise the player they ware being swaped for, so this frees up no short term cap space at all.

travis2
02-25-2005, 08:36 AM
Second league rules state that player must be worth i think at leats 85% salary wise the player they ware being swaped for, so this frees up no short term cap space at all.

Total trade values must be within 15%...IF the team is over the cap, which both the Spurs and the Knicks are. Had either team not been over the cap, the team under could have absorbed more salary than just the 15% difference.

The trade value numbers only apply to this season...not the entire contract values. So yes, absolutely this frees up some short term salary. Mohammed is on contract the remainder of this season and then next season...and that's it. He comes off the books. Rose has two more seasons BEYOND that on his contract.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-25-2005, 10:07 AM
either way, we still will be over the cap this year.

travis2
02-25-2005, 10:13 AM
either way, we still will be over the cap this year.

This year was not a problem. It was the 3-4 years downstream that were the problem.

Kori Ellis
02-25-2005, 10:33 AM
The Spurs will be over the cap for about the next five years. This trade only effects how much they'll be over the cap.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-25-2005, 10:34 AM
will we be able to sign Jokovatas and Scola, Kori?

Kori Ellis
02-25-2005, 10:37 AM
The Spurs will have the MLE to sign Scola (but he probably won't use up all of it). They already had the MLE before trade. They also have Devin's Early Bird's Rights to sign him.

I haven't heard any talk of Javtokas lately.

maxpower
02-25-2005, 10:48 AM
Say Nazr gives us his career average...what would be a contract the spurs would give him as opposed to what he would get from others in the league.

ducks
02-25-2005, 10:51 AM
if spur fans want to be mad at spurs for trading rose
it was DUNCAN who wanted rose to get the long term deal

Kori Ellis
02-25-2005, 10:52 AM
if spur fans want to be mad at spurs for trading rose
it was DUNCAN who wanted rose to get the long term deal

No, it was the Spurs. They were trying to keep him from signing with the Lakers when they gave him that contract.

mrblonde17
02-25-2005, 10:52 AM
$21 million dollars freed up for the summer!! Who are the big free agents out there?

RobinsontoDuncan
02-25-2005, 10:53 AM
hey blondie, scroll up please.

Kori Ellis
02-25-2005, 10:53 AM
$21 million dollars freed up for the summer!! Who are the big free agents out there?

There's not 21M freed up. The Spurs still have no cap room to sign free agents. They are over the cap.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-25-2005, 10:55 AM
Kori do you know if the spurs are high on Jackovotas or not and if they plan on bringing him here at all?

Kori Ellis
02-25-2005, 10:55 AM
I don't know. I haven't heard any talk of Javtokas since last year.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-25-2005, 10:59 AM
well i dont think horry will be back next year so i would really be intersted in how the spurs are going to sign Scola, Brown, and another big with just the MLE. I have seen some footage of Jokovatas and he looks good, i think we might let brown walk.

Extra Stout
02-25-2005, 01:42 PM
I don't know. I haven't heard any talk of Javtokas since last year.He seems to have plateaued over in Vilnius. I don't think the Spurs have much use for a guy who only puts up 11 and 6 in the Lithuanian league, hasn't developed much in the way of skills, and has lost a lot of the coordination he had when he was younger.

It's a miracle the dude can walk, much less play, but that doesn't mean he's the answer for frontcourt depth long-term.