PDA

View Full Version : Why does Tony Romo Suck in December

ATRAIN
12-09-2008, 09:58 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?campaign=ec0005&videoId=09000d5d80d29448

mexicanjunior
12-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Because he presses to hard to make plays and ends up turning the ball over...

SPURS vs NBA media
12-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Wow no one is blaming Jessica for Tony sucking

tonylongoriafan
12-09-2008, 11:34 AM
becuase tony romo is an average nfl quarterback...my dallas cowboys over reacted by signing him to a crazy deal after a handfull of good games against sub par performance.

it's not just december, he also sucks against good teams because he's just not that good. when was the last time romo stepped up and actually won us a game against a quality team...i'm talking making plays down the stretch and leading this team to a victory.

even in the playoff loss last year, he didn't play horribly, but he didn't give us enough to win...AVERAGE :(

leemajors
12-09-2008, 11:37 AM
even in the playoff loss last year, he didn't play horribly, but he didn't give us enough to win...AVERAGE :(

so it's now romo's fault that crayton can't catch?

DBryant88
12-09-2008, 11:39 AM
and roy williams can't cover??

ducks
12-09-2008, 03:34 PM
because she sucks him the other months it is his turn to suck her

jack sommerset
12-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Live with Romo, Die with Romo and without Romo the entire team SUCKS. Plus he has only been starter for 2 years. Give the guy a break. Thats what you get for being Americas team. You have the best fans and the best haters.

They had a Cowboy thread for Sundays game here. Dead silence while Cowboys were winning. When Pitt went ahead the thread lit up with all the haters. It was funny. Kick em while there down.

johnsmith
12-09-2008, 05:34 PM
Live with Romo, Die with Romo and without Romo the entire team SUCKS. Plus he has only been starter for 2 years. Give the guy a break. Thats what you get for being Americas team. You have the best fans and the best haters.

They had a Cowboy thread for Sundays game here. Dead silence while Cowboys were winning. When Pitt went ahead the thread lit up with all the haters. It was funny. Kick em while there down.

Dude, that thread barely made a page by the end of the game. I'm going to say that it was silent because the haters and the fans were all watching the game and didn't want to post.

Just a thought.

samikeyp
12-09-2008, 05:49 PM

True.

Besides, what choice does Dallas have? Johnson, Bollinger?

Oh wait, they can just go get a top flight QB that won't throw picks or make mistakes because they are all a dime a dozen. :lol

tonylongoriafan
12-09-2008, 06:01 PM
so it's now romo's fault that crayton can't catch?

yes

tonylongoriafan
12-09-2008, 06:01 PM
and roy williams can't cover??

and yes

tonylongoriafan
12-09-2008, 06:03 PM
romo has automatically been thrust into this position as a top quarterback in this league by doing absolutely nothing!

jack sommerset
12-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Dude, that thread barely made a page by the end of the game. I'm going to say that it was silent because the haters and the fans were all watching the game and didn't want to post.

Just a thought.

I disagree. Look back at the thread around the 6 20 mark. Not even a page over 3 hours then Romo threw the pick and 4 pages popped up.

monosylab1k
12-10-2008, 12:54 AM
Well if you're not satisfied with Tony, I think Bledsoe is still on the market. Take him back!

Tony is one of the top QB's in the game, but I wouldn't say he's the only one sucking on his team in the clutch. He makes bad plays but nobody is trying to help him out. How about Jason Witten turn his head and look for the damn ball?

You could pick and choose random plays to make Tom Brady look like the biggest choking piece of shit QB of all time if you wanted, but it obviously isn't true. Peyton was getting the same shit thrown at him a few years ago, but the bottom line is that all the elite QB's eventually get their ring (except Marino :lol). Tony's time will come, sooner rather than later.

bostonguy
12-10-2008, 01:32 AM
romo has automatically been thrust into this position as a top quarterback in this league by doing absolutely nothing!

Go back and look at all the different qb's you have had since Aikman retired and tell me you cant stand Romo. Hell look at the 4 weeks Romo was out and tell me you were happy with Brad Johnson at qb. Thing is you are stuck with Romo as your best chance to win a superbowl. Peyton Manning/Tom Brady/Brett Favre arent going to be traded so who else is out there?
You could always deal Romo for a 1st round pick but do you really want to take a chance on an unproven qb that will cause a 2-3 year setback?

jack sommerset
12-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Keep it real. Romo is a all-pro QB that has 2 years under his belt. The guy will only get better. I want them to lose because Jerry Jones is a SOB. The prices he is asking for his new stadium is pure fucking greed. $100,000 for a SEAT license. Are you kidding me?$100,000.I am DISGUSTED with the local Dallas media for not hammering this ass fuck. They are affraid they won't get there press passes or interviews or invited to the "parties".I live a hour away and will never go to a game even if the tickets are free.

JudynTX
12-10-2008, 12:57 PM
I started this at my other board.

Trade Tony Romo now! :lol

ATRAIN
12-10-2008, 01:23 PM

Im a Romo and Cowboy hater, I dont think thats a secret but I didnt post cause I was watching the game. Sorry!!

True.

Besides, what choice does Dallas have? Johnson, Bollinger?

Oh wait, they can just go get a top flight QB that won't throw picks or make mistakes because they are all a dime a dozen. :lol

Yeah even though I hate the cowboys I aggree Romo is their best option right now.

I think maybe that pressure is getting to him but I dont understand how someone can do great in the first half of the season then drop off in a big way 3 years in a row.

Go back and look at all the different qb's you have had since Aikman retired and tell me you cant stand Romo. Hell look at the 4 weeks Romo was out and tell me you were happy with Brad Johnson at qb. Thing is you are stuck with Romo as your best chance to win a superbowl. Peyton Manning/Tom Brady/Brett Favre arent going to be traded so who else is out there?
You could always deal Romo for a 1st round pick but do you really want to take a chance on an unproven qb that will cause a 2-3 year setback?

I just dont think romo has what it takes to lead the cowboys to the promise land. With that talent on that roster there is NO reason why they shouldnt destroy the NFC. You can say its coaching but we all know Wade is a puppet. Jones is the problem and im sure even the cowboy nut huggers can aggree with that. Cowboys should maybe think about drafting a QB if only for backup purposes and maybe to help Romo out in Dec and Jan.

samikeyp
12-10-2008, 01:28 PM
I just dont think romo has what it takes to lead the cowboys to the promise land. With that talent on that roster there is NO reason why they shouldnt destroy the NFC. You can say its coaching but we all know Wade is a puppet. Jones is the problem and im sure even the cowboy nut huggers can aggree with that. Cowboys should maybe think about drafting a QB if only for backup purposes and maybe to help Romo out in Dec and Jan.

I agree. Last year, up until December they were doing just that. It can be done but something has to change.

tonylongoriafan
12-10-2008, 04:03 PM

saying romo is better than what we've previously had is the same argument i make by saying the dude sucks WHEN THE END RESULT IS THE SAME!

best case scenario the cowboys end with a 11-5 or 10-6 record, limp into wildcard spot and most likely lose in the 1st or 2nd round, thanks for coming, have a nice day.

and yes, i'll give you there are problems at least equal to romo's play that affect winning and losing, but no single player has contributed to the downfall of the dallas cowboys this season more than tony romo. :p: okay, that's a little out of hand, but:

did jerry jones over react on a unproven talent? yes

has tony romo consistentaly under preformed in critical situations? yes

was he probably the best option available at the time of his signing? yes

are there worse players that could be in his spot? yes

all of these questions and answers do not change the fact that dude had 5 BACK BREAKING turnovers in the biggest game of the season...the frustrating part is i'm always asking myself, alright, time to see what this guy is made of! and most of the time its not down right horrible, but it ain't make-me-believe-and-follow shit either. dude plays average in big situations and has gang buster numbers against poor comp. too me, thats an average qb.

look, i'm a HUGE big cowboys fan, going to the giants game this weekend because it's the biggest of the year...i just hope we see a big time performance by the quarterback :rollin

tonylongoriafan
12-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Peyton Manning/Tom Brady/Brett Favre arent going to be traded so who else is out there?

2009 NFL Free Agent Quarterbacks

Quarterbacks Who Are Considered Starters (from foxsports.com)

Kurt Warner/Arizona Cardinals/UFA - Sources indicate that contract negotiations have been slow in getting Warner an extension but the team clearly doesn't trust Matt Leinart. If Warner continues to play well, look for the team to step up their effort to get Warner signed to a three-year deal.

Kerry Collins/Tennessee Titans/UFA - Things are going so well that it wouldn't be a surprise if they signed the veteran signal caller to an extension during the regular season.

Matt Cassel/New England Patriots/UFA - He's finally getting his shot to play and is starting to play better. Cassel could garner decent interest around the league next year if he continues to progress.

Jeff Garcia/Tampa Bay Buccaneers/UFA - The team hasn't shown much interest in getting him signed to a new deal but if they continue to win, Garcia could make it hard to management not to sign him. Tampa Bay also doesn't have a younger quarterback that's really ready to emerge as the starter at the position.

Others Who Could Find Interest For Backup Purposes
Chris Simms/Tennessee Titans/UFA
J.P. Losman/Buffalo Bills/UFA
Byron Leftwich/Pittsburgh Steelers/UFA
Rex Grossman/Chicago Bears/UFA
Kyle Boller/Baltimore Ravens/UFA
Luke McCown/Tampa Bay Buccaneers/UFA
David Carr/New York Giants/UFA
Patrick Ramsey/Denver Broncos/UFA
Brooks Bollinger/Dallas Cowboys/UFA
Dan Orlovsky/Detroit Lions/UFA
Charlie Frye/Seattle Seahawks/UFA
Charlie Batch/Pittsburgh Steelers/UFA
Anthony Wright/New York Giants/UFA

samikeyp
12-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Who of those QB's you listed would you take over Romo?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
12-10-2008, 05:07 PM

Warner, but he's staying in AZ or retiring.

samikeyp
12-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Warner, but he's staying in AZ or retiring.

Exactly. Even if you could get him to Dallas, he is not a long-term solution and the short term would be just that, short, a year maybe 2. Also, what you would have to give up would hurt your future.

ClingingMars
12-10-2008, 06:45 PM

Cassell?

-Mars

samikeyp
12-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Cassell?

-Mars

Wouldn't investing in Cassell after just one season be making the same mistake that tonylongoria is saying the Cowboys made with Romo?

Obstructed_View
12-11-2008, 03:22 AM
You know that a lot of you are scared shitless of what Romo will be if he figures out how to do well in the big game. The Cowboys never had a prayer of that in the past, so I'm completely happy.

bresilhac
12-11-2008, 03:42 AM
You know that a lot of you are scared shitless of what Romo will be if he figures out how to do well in the big game. The Cowboys never had a prayer of that in the past, so I'm completely happy.

That is just wishful thinking on your part and on the part of a lot of Dallas fans. The fact is that Romo is just another ordinary QB in a league with a lot of other ordinary QB's. There is nothing special about Tony Romo and Dallas fans will learn to accept this fact in time. No I'm not particularly scared shitless. Not of Tony Romo.

Hail.

degenerate_gambler
12-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Danny White redux

samikeyp
12-11-2008, 05:37 PM
No, White actually won games in December. :lol

degenerate_gambler
12-11-2008, 05:39 PM
No, White actually won games in December. :lol

True

got my january's and december's confused

cherylsteele
12-12-2008, 02:17 AM
I think the bigger blame needs to rest on wishy-washy Wade Phillips. I was disappointed in the Cowboys hiring him as their coach when it was done. He has never been a coach to really motivate players and make them accountable.

The week before the Steelers game the Cowboys did not even practice. I don't care how good you are playing, you ALWAYS practice, even if it is just going through the paces, injuries or not, players have to stay sharp.

Spurtacus
12-14-2008, 06:53 PM
Romeo is too busy getting warm with Jessica.