PDA

View Full Version : A Day Without a Gay

Wild Cobra
12-09-2008, 01:01 PM
One thing I heard on the Mike Gallagher Show (http://mikegallagher.townhall.com/) today was the Day without a Gay (http://www.daywithoutagay.org/) planned for tomorrow. I'm surprised someone else hasn't posted anything on this.

I can just see it. People will call in gay, rather than sick, get fired, and cry discrimination. They will claim it's for being gey, but employers can easily say, not, he didn't show up for work.

Bartleby
12-09-2008, 01:04 PM
I'm surprised someone else hasn't posted anything on this.

I'm not.

clambake
12-09-2008, 01:04 PM
phone records.

just a heads up for all the stupid employers.

I Love Me Some Me
12-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Who's gonna design all the clothes that day?

BacktoBasics
12-09-2008, 02:52 PM
Too bad we'll never see a day where all men and women are treated equally based on the simple fact that their human or American rather than their personal lifestyle preferences. You biggots make me sick.

I. Hustle
12-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Who is going to complain about not being able to go to lunch at their EXACT "scheduled" time?

I. Hustle
12-09-2008, 02:56 PM
Too bad we'll never see a day where all men and women are treated equally based on the simple fact that their human or American rather than their personal lifestyle preferences. You biggots make me sick.

Who will B2B defend?

BacktoBasics
12-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Who will B2B defend?Can you make it multiple choice?

ChumpDumper
12-09-2008, 03:58 PM
I posted about this in another thread. It's a good time for volunteer work.

Anti.Hero
12-09-2008, 04:07 PM
lol at big corps putting up with this nonsense.

Anti.Hero
12-09-2008, 04:07 PM

get over it.

I Love Me Some Me
12-09-2008, 04:10 PM
When can I call in straight?

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-09-2008, 04:28 PM
It's a questionable tactic to begin with, since the actual impact on any one company or industry would be pretty minimal. You aren't going to see headlines proclaiming that entire cities were shut down because no gay people were working at that day. The impact will be felt at indiscriminantly selected places that have little, if anything to do with the political process that is being protested.

The bigger issue is the timing for such a tactic. With the economy going down the tubes any company looking at layoffs will welcome any sort of extra way to separate out who they want to keep and who they want to give the axe. Deciding not to show up to work for no good documentable reason isn't going to look good when management starts thumbing through personnel files to make their list. The other issue is that this will turn off a lot of people who are out of work who might otherwise be at worst apathetic about the issue. "I can't find a job, but people who still have one are walking out because of this?" Those are the exact sort of people that the gay community needs to win over if they are going to be able to put together the votes they need to make change.

It reminds me of a couple that my wife works with, a lesbian couple who have generally very liberal politics. When the were talking election my wife was surprised to find they were voting McCain because they felt he was better for the economy. While they liked Obama's social agenda they felt like none of that was going to go any where if the economy kept getting worse, and I think they are right. In lean times people are going to watch out for themselves first and foremost. A guy in the unemployment line isn't going to take kindly to seeing people on the evening news saying an issue that doesn't effect him is the most important one facing us when he's barely getting by.

BacktoBasics
12-09-2008, 04:29 PM
get over it.You want me to get over it or you want the biggots to get over it?

BacktoBasics
12-09-2008, 04:34 PM
By the way I don't agree with the walkout or sick out.

I. Hustle
12-09-2008, 04:34 PM
You want me to get over it or you want the biggots to get over it?

Wed huh?
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/henroe/BigGayAl.jpg

Cry Havoc
12-09-2008, 05:14 PM
I propose we have a "Bender for the Opposite Gender" day, where straight people take off and hump like rabbits.

Oh, Gee!!
12-09-2008, 09:40 PM

when you take the dick out of your mouth.

Supergirl
12-09-2008, 11:34 PM
It's a questionable tactic to begin with, since the actual impact on any one company or industry would be pretty minimal. You aren't going to see headlines proclaiming that entire cities were shut down because no gay people were working at that day. The impact will be felt at indiscriminantly selected places that have little, if anything to do with the political process that is being protested.

The bigger issue is the timing for such a tactic. With the economy going down the tubes any company looking at layoffs will welcome any sort of extra way to separate out who they want to keep and who they want to give the axe. Deciding not to show up to work for no good documentable reason isn't going to look good when management starts thumbing through personnel files to make their list. The other issue is that this will turn off a lot of people who are out of work who might otherwise be at worst apathetic about the issue. "I can't find a job, but people who still have one are walking out because of this?" Those are the exact sort of people that the gay community needs to win over if they are going to be able to put together the votes they need to make change.

It reminds me of a couple that my wife works with, a lesbian couple who have generally very liberal politics. When the were talking election my wife was surprised to find they were voting McCain because they felt he was better for the economy. While they liked Obama's social agenda they felt like none of that was going to go any where if the economy kept getting worse, and I think they are right. In lean times people are going to watch out for themselves first and foremost. A guy in the unemployment line isn't going to take kindly to seeing people on the evening news saying an issue that doesn't effect him is the most important one facing us when he's barely getting by.

I'm sorry but you're contradicting yourself. First you say this tactic could never have any real effect, and then you say it's "questionable" because the timing is bad because companies will notice.

It is an employee's right to call in sick, and if they have sick time, they have to get paid for it. You don't even need to provide and proof, although if you've called in sick before you can certainly be asked to do so.

The whole point of this action (I imagine, I actually have nothing to do with the organizing of it and do not plan to participate) is to show just how many people across the country are in fact lgbt-identified, and that it would be noticed if they all stopped contributing to the workforce and the cultural life of our country. Will it shut down the economy? Of course not. But it could certainly get people's attention.

Incidentially, since I'm bi, does that mean I should only call in for half a day? LOL.

Yonivore
12-09-2008, 11:40 PM
I'll bet I don't notice.

Spurminator
12-09-2008, 11:46 PM
Well, shit, I was thinking about calling in sick tomorrow but now that's out...

Yonivore
12-09-2008, 11:51 PM
That's fucking hilarious!

What if attendance rates are higher because no one wants to be accused of being gay? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

:lmao

Bang
12-10-2008, 03:41 AM
Is mouse gay?

Last Comic Standing
12-10-2008, 07:49 AM
Whats next, a year without a queer?

I. Hustle
12-10-2008, 08:09 AM
I hope the idiots do this. I am not talking about all gay people just the ones that think everyone is out to get them. I work with a guy now that organizes a monthly diversity calendar and it seems like every other month there is some kind of gay holiday but when it comes to Christmas he didn't want to put anything up because it was offensive to him and his beliefs. Then on the other side I have a lesbo friend (yes I call her lesbo) and she can't stand the dude. She always tells me how people like him give homosexuals a bad name.

Wild Cobra
12-10-2008, 08:48 AM
Then on the other side I have a lesbo friend (yes I call her lesbo) and she can't stand the dude. She always tells me how people like him give homosexuals a bad name.
My observation tells me that those who hate have more hatred within thier own groups than we do of them. Just an outsider looking in, but it does appear that way yo me.

How many closeted gays have been exposed by other gays as revenge or blackmail? Quite a few from what I've seen.

Oh, Gee!!
12-10-2008, 02:09 PM
My observation tells me that those who hate have more hatred within thier own groups than we do of them. Just an outsider looking in, but it does appear that way yo me.

How many closeted gays have been exposed by other gays as revenge or blackmail? Quite a few from what I've seen.

I'm betting you did some extensive undercover work to gather this valuable intel.

xrayzebra
12-10-2008, 03:08 PM
A day without a gay, is a good day.....have a nice day.

urunobili
12-10-2008, 03:49 PM

There are SO many sad stories of married guys and women that divorced after the gay lover called them ti inform of their companion's sex life... i have heard several of those... and read about it here too... fucked up is if the contact was unprotected.. that takes it to new levels...

In Auckland this year all the buses where painted with the story of a woman who got HIV because of having sex with her husband... now that takes it to new levels... start using condoms with your husband or request it may lead to a good old fashioned beat up :lol

Supergirl
12-10-2008, 04:03 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/metro/6156472.html

Pretty good story about "A Day Without Gay" in Houston...

Yonivore
12-10-2008, 04:07 PM
So, I'm halfway through my day and I haven't noticed anything...

Oh, Gee!!
12-10-2008, 04:12 PM
So, I'm halfway through my day and I haven't noticed anything...

probably you're not at work.:lol

I. Hustle
12-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Nothing happening here. The only impact I saw was driving by hair salons and they were all closed.

Yonivore
12-10-2008, 04:25 PM
probably you're not at work.:lol
Nope, I am. Traffic was the same getting here. Restaurants were open at lunch.

Nothing different about today over yesterday.

8ft.tall.tejano
12-10-2008, 06:12 PM
hey my wife didn't come home from work........oh shit she's gay...

CuckingFunt
12-10-2008, 06:16 PM
I propose we have a "Bender for the Opposite Gender" day, where straight people take off and hump like rabbits.

Isn't that everyday?

ClingingMars
12-10-2008, 07:02 PM

:tu

-Mars

Sec24Row7
12-10-2008, 07:04 PM
All of my deer guides showed up at the ranch...

Whew...

That would have been weird the next weekend in the bunk house...

clambake
12-10-2008, 07:13 PM
deer guides don't ask or tell.

Yonivore
12-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Seriously, did anyone notice the Day Without a Gay?

ClingingMars
deer guides don't ask or tell.

:lol :lol :lol

-Mars

ClingingMars

well i am done with finals and don't have classes, so there would be nothing for people at JMU to not show up for. unless they wanted to get a 0 on a final. :lol

-Mars

clambake
12-10-2008, 07:15 PM

it's so common that you can't notice.

Yonivore
12-10-2008, 07:19 PM
it's so common that you can't notice.
What, that they don't show up for work?

8ft.tall.tejano
12-10-2008, 07:20 PM
just wait til you go to a strip club and see that all the lesbo strippers are gone...
or when you get to church and there's no priest/pastor....

LnGrrrR
12-10-2008, 07:27 PM

A coworker called in sick today... we sent him numerous text messages along the lines of, "I didn't know you cared so much about the gay community" and "Way to stand up for civil rights! We're proud of you!" Things like that.

Yonivore
12-10-2008, 09:05 PM
'Day Without a Gay' participation spotty (http://apnews.myway.com/article/20081211/D9506RO81.html)

Yonivore
12-10-2008, 09:10 PM
apparently recessions are equal opportunity phenomena
How 'bout people just want gay activists to shut the fuck up and do their jobs?

clambake
12-10-2008, 09:20 PM
How 'bout people just want gay activists to shut the fuck up and do their jobs?

take it easy. i didn't go to work...............because i had nothing to wear.

Rogue
12-11-2008, 02:20 AM
Even Ian Mcallen is a Gay. What a crazy world:ihit:ihit:ihit
As long as a knight of UNITED KINGDOM can be a pansy, why the hell can't the americans love the guys who are on the same gender with us? The federal goverment should make it eligible.

I'm not a Gay, in fact I do not love either a man or a woman. I'm merciful for those who are born with no testicle but for sure I'm not one of them. As the population is exploding and aids is spreading rapidly, why not stop sexing:nope? I really hope what happened in china and india won't happen to us.

While, Gays are just doing something that is beneficial for our nation or even the whole world, as long as they can make sure that their lovers are not hiv carriers. The Gays fit their sexcial desire by kinda "useless figured sex", but I have no apetite for sex at all.