PDA

View Full Version : Josh Howard to be Traded?

monosylab1k
12-09-2008, 03:58 PM
HOOPSWORLD WARNING:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10865

Howard On The Move?

Dallas Mavericks head coach Rick Carlisle isn't talking about his starting lineup any more, and the top question being asked . . .and not answered . . .is about small forward Josh Howard. He missed a few games with an ankle sprain, but continues to sit out despite declaring himself ready to play. He's been practicing with the team, but he continues to be in streetclothes during games.

It's been suggested that they're keep Howard on the shelf because they have a deal in the works that would send him out of town. December 15th has been thrown around, which coincides with the date when Corey Maggette, for example, could be traded. The Mark Cuban/Don Nelson relationship aside, that trade solves a couple of mysteries at first glance.

First, it explains why the team traded Al Harrington for yet another shooting guard. Howard would fit in nicely at the three and Nellie already knows his game. Second, it solves the one spot the Mavericks haven't been able to fill for the past 3-4 seasons. Maggette would be the two for years to come, and he's someone the team has targeted in trade talks numerous times.

There are a couple of issues, though. First, it leaves a gaping hole at small forward for the Mavs. Since Howard has been out Carlisle has continuously lamented the impact his absence has on both ends of the court. Second, you have no one waiting in the wings to fill that three spot. At least the Mavs have some bodies to plug in at the two. Antoine Wright, Gerald Green, and JJ Barea have all played well at times, but if you trade Howard you don't have a good answer to replace him. You also have far too many twos.

In short, trading Josh Howard would seem to create more problems than it solves, even if you land the long-coveted Maggette in return. That said, if Howard continues to sit in streetclothes, the speculation that he could be on his way out will continue to grow.

mavs>spurs2
12-09-2008, 04:02 PM
id like to see howard traded, but not for maggette

pass

Findog
12-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Smokey with all of his BS is tons better than Maggette.

sribb43
12-09-2008, 04:12 PM
as many downfalls as J-Ho has...Maggette does nothing for me. Another black hole who cant pass or shoot and plays much less D than J-Ho. His one positive is getting to the free throw line. Also the idiot (just realized it was Bill Ingram, that explains it all) who wrote the articles seems to have forgotten that Maggette is a SF not SG

I dont see the mavs adding the four more years Maggette has left on his deal. They want to have $ available in 2010

urunobili
12-09-2008, 04:18 PM
I'd only trade Howard for Artest...

JamStone
12-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Maggette only improves the Mavs in free throw attempts on bench press.

Not a good idea for the Mavs. They shouldn't make another trade just for the sake of making a trade. Plus, they'd be bailing out Golden State and Nellie big time if they did that.

jack sommerset
12-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Thats a dumb trade. But since they threw in 2 first round picks along with Devon Harris for Kidd I would not put anything pass them.

Bruno
12-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Maggette isn't more a SG than Howard so all the reasoning behind that speculation makes no sense.

endrity
12-09-2008, 06:03 PM
If they somehow get to trade Stack's friendly contract and filler for Magette, I'd take that. But that's it. I think there are much better, disgrunted, wing players out there they can trade Josh for. Caron Butler and Michael Redd are the first two that come to mind. I'd love Caron on the Mavs.

Shank
12-09-2008, 06:03 PM
The column is reaching.

monosylab1k
12-09-2008, 06:05 PM
Caron Butler and Michael Redd are the first two that come to mind. I'd love Caron on the Mavs.

:tu to both of those. Actually the Wizard we traded away, Jamison, is the perfect guy for the Mavs. If he replayed his 2004 role, that's exactly what the Mavs need.

monosylab1k
12-09-2008, 06:06 PM
The column is reaching.

It's Hoopsworld but I'm desperate to see J-Ho in a different uniform. Honestly, I'd do this trade in a heartbeat. Once he gets back into the lineup and the team loses 4 out of 6, I'll have alot more people on my side.

Shank
12-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Not for Maggette, though.

To paraphrase something might say - that guy's a faggot.

monosylab1k
12-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Not for Maggette, though.

We love our team.

sook
12-09-2008, 06:17 PM
:lol

Not gonna happen, i can't wait for howard to be back in the lineup

Kobe™
12-09-2008, 06:22 PM
odom __ for howard and bass

monosylab1k
12-09-2008, 06:30 PM
odom __ for howard and bass

That actually is one Howard trade I wouldn't make. There's not many, but that's one.

Brickhouse
12-09-2008, 08:21 PM
If they somehow get to trade Stack's friendly contract and filler for Magette, I'd take that. But that's it. I think there are much better, disgrunted, wing players out there they can trade Josh for. Caron Butler and Michael Redd are the first two that come to mind. I'd love Caron on the Mavs.

Caron would be a wet dream

Darthkiller
12-09-2008, 08:29 PM
howard for kaman?