PDA

View Full Version : NWS lies

MannyIsGod
12-09-2008, 04:35 PM
IT WAS NECESSARY TO REVIEW
THE CHANCES FOR FROZEN PRECIP OVER NORTHERN COUNTIES. THE NEW DATA
STILL SUGGEST ENOUGH CLOUDS AND MOISTURE (http://forecast.weather.gov/glossary.php?word=MOISTURE) TO HOLD OFF FROZEN TEMPS
UNTIL THE PRECIP CHANCES DECREASE; HOWEVER, THERE MAY BE A SLIGHT
INCREASE IN LIGHT MIXED PRECIP FOR A FEW HOURS TOWARD DAYBREAK,
SO WILL CONSIDER ADDING MENTION OF THIS FOR NORTHERNMOST COUNTIES
IN THE ROUTINE AFTERNOON UPDATE.

balli
12-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Manny- what is the purpose of your snowflake icon? Is it tied into this thread's focus on meteorological phenomena? Are you becoming a meteorologist? Are you just moving to a cold-weather climate?

In any event, please, Kori + timvp (edit: or possibly slomo), I need that fucking icon. I'll do anything yous wants for it... and Kori, for you, I do mean anything :lol. Hell, I already have a tattoo of it. Is that enough?

samikeyp
12-09-2008, 05:04 PM
You can put your cursor over it and it tells you.

Manny is joining those of us currently residing in Southern Canada...er, uh, I mean Michigan. :)

balli
12-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Well I know that, I just didn't know what the caption meant.

Manny is joining those of us currently residing in Southern Canada...er, uh, I mean Michigan. :)
But thank you for informing me :tu

CubanMustGo
12-10-2008, 12:36 AM
Came out from rehearsal in north Austin around 10 PM - sleet.

Came out from dinner at around 11, still north Austin - light snow. It snowed all the way home. Too warm to stick of course. When we got to the house there was a light accumulation on cars in the neighborhood.

They actually got it right, which is a pleasant change.

MannyIsGod
12-10-2008, 01:02 AM
Its actually sleeting at my house right now. If the precip keeps up I wonder if it will switch over to snow.

MannyIsGod
12-10-2008, 01:07 AM
Manny- what is the purpose of your snowflake icon? Is it tied into this thread's focus on meteorological phenomena? Are you becoming a meteorologist? Are you just moving to a cold-weather climate?

In any event, please, Kori + timvp (edit: or possibly slomo), I need that fucking icon. I'll do anything yous wants for it... and Kori, for you, I do mean anything :lol. Hell, I already have a tattoo of it. Is that enough?

Mikey is right but I'm also becoming a meteorologist.

balli
12-10-2008, 01:08 AM
If y'all want snow just PM me and I'll let you come pick it up off my driveway.

MannyIsGod
12-10-2008, 01:16 AM
It must be snowing pretty damn hard right now in West Austin

balli
12-10-2008, 01:18 AM

Seriously, or are you just mocking what I thought was good intuition? If true, cool career.

MannyIsGod
12-10-2008, 01:25 AM
No I'm serious. I'm in the process of getting my degree in atomspheric sciences.

PM5K
12-10-2008, 01:37 AM
It's snowing here, but it's not sticking that well...

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-10-2008, 02:41 AM
We saw some flurries around midnight over at Flying Saucer.

DannyT
12-10-2008, 02:51 AM

had no idea it was so easy a caveman can do it...:ihit

tp2021
12-10-2008, 03:37 AM
No I'm serious. I'm in the process of getting my degree in atomspheric sciences.

:toast

desflood
12-10-2008, 07:31 AM

:lol I got a call from my parents last night. It was 27 degrees and they'd gotten six inches of snow - for the third day in a row.

wrench
12-10-2008, 07:56 AM

You mean they pay people to stick their heads out the window?