PDA

View Full Version : Yo Evan!!

dbreiden83080
12-09-2008, 08:02 PM
What's up Dawg,

check in let us know you're still alive, we miss ya..

dallaskd
12-09-2008, 08:03 PM
I never got one of these..

dbreiden83080
12-09-2008, 08:04 PM
I never got one of these..

You're a BJ Penn fan and therefore are my sworn enemy sir.. :p:

djohn14
12-09-2008, 08:16 PM
I missed you Dallas!

djohn14
12-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Its gotta be getting close to 2 weeks right. I dont remember him posting since a few days before Thanksgiving.

dbreiden83080
12-09-2008, 08:21 PM
He said to me in a PM that he was not going to be around as much for a while, but he'd check in still. Hopefully everything is okay..

dallaskd
12-09-2008, 08:37 PM
I missed you Dallas!

Well thank you. I was caught up in legal trouble and I'm trying to juggle class and work.

djohn14
12-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Well thank you. I was caught up in legal trouble and I'm trying to juggle class and work.

Only because your a Soku fan, haha jk. Well I hope you won your legal battles, got an A on your tests, and recieved a bonus and promotion at your work!

BlackSwordsMan
12-09-2008, 11:58 PM
he's training with cro cop in the mountains

desflood
12-10-2008, 10:10 AM
We gotta be honest with ourselves. We probably bored the hell out of him. He and Leonard have about twice the mma knowledge the rest of us have (which is why we also don't see Leo around anymore).

ATRAIN
12-10-2008, 11:00 AM
We gotta be honest with ourselves. We probably bored the hell out of him. He and Leonard have about twice the mma knowledge the rest of us have (which is why we also don't see Leo around anymore).

Its a shame but that means we all have to step our MMA game. Des already promised me she is going to step up :).

desflood
12-10-2008, 11:05 AM
I ain't promisin' nobody nothin.

ATRAIN
12-10-2008, 11:07 AM
I ain't promisin' nobody nothin.

You already promised me :(

desflood
12-10-2008, 11:08 AM
:p:

dbreiden83080
12-10-2008, 12:09 PM

LOL, What Leonard never talks. Has he broken down a single fight since the forum opened? Searching the web and posting stories doesn't make you a MMA god of knowledge.. Evan and Dallas wanted the forum the most, they asked for it more than anybody.. The top posters here though have been Evan, Myself, you and A-train..

desflood
12-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Nice edit. Not nearly so harsh as it first came off :lol We'll go with your argument, though, just for fun. Leonard posted stories about fighters and organizations some here had probably never even heard of. The fact that it's been so quiet here lately should tell you exactly how much those two contributed.

dbreiden83080
12-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Nice edit. Not nearly so harsh as it first came off :lol We'll go with your argument, though, just for fun. Leonard posted stories about fighters and organizations some here had probably never even heard of. The fact that it's been so quiet here lately should tell you exactly how much those two contributed.

Leonard has not been around since the place opened, that's on him and it's got nothing to do with us like you said, which i 100% disagree with BTW.. Dallas has been around more of late and i am sure Evan will be back. Again posting MMA stories doesn't make you this wizard of MMA knowledge. If he wants to come back and contribute, great otherwise who cares??

ATRAIN
12-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Leonard has not been around since the place opened, that's on him and it's got nothing to do with us like you said, which i 100% disagree with BTW.. Dallas has been around more of late and i am sure Evan will be back. Again posting MMA stories doesn't make you this wizard of MMA knowledge. If he wants to come back and contribute, great otherwise who cares??

Man someone needs a hug hahaha. DB tell us how you really feel hahahaha.

dbreiden83080
12-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Man someone needs a hug hahaha. DB tell us how you really feel hahahaha.

I got nothing against Leonard but the idea that he may be bored because we don't bring enough MMA knowledge to the party, that i find ridiculous.. I don't know if that's how he feels, but If it is, then whatever..

ATRAIN
12-10-2008, 12:55 PM
I got nothing against Leonard but the idea that he may be bored because we don't bring enough MMA knowledge to the party, that i find ridiculous.. I don't know if that's how he feels, but If it is, then whatever..

LOL I dont think that is the case, if it were they wouldnt have stayed around as long as they did. I personally would love to be at a place where I was the most knowledgeable so I can share with others. We all know some good MMA and yeah they knew a little more. More than I did at least. I dont think they were bored, I just think they are taking a vacation from the board. Ive done it before. I just hope they come back and are wanted here. Again speaking for myself here :). I cant make fun of you(DB) all the time now can I hahaha.

dbreiden83080
12-10-2008, 12:59 PM
LOL I dont think that is the case, if it were they wouldnt have stayed around as long as they did. I personally would love to be at a place where I was the most knowledgeable so I can share with others. We all know some good MMA and yeah they knew a little more.

All i'm saying in regards to Leonard is he has barely said a word since the place opened. If you were new to the forum you would not be aware of all his MMA knowledge. I think it's just because he has been busy and not what Des said. I would take offense to the idea that "i don't know enough about MMA to keep someone interested" because i know a lot and am a great fan of the sport..

dbreiden83080
12-10-2008, 01:01 PM
I cant make fun of you(DB) all the time now can I hahaha.

Running out of GSP jokes huh..

ATRAIN
12-10-2008, 01:14 PM
All i'm saying in regards to Leonard is he has barely said a word since the place opened. If you were new to the forum you would not be aware of all his MMA knowledge. I think it's just because he has been busy and not what Des said. I would take offense to the idea that "i don't know enough about MMA to keep someone interested" because i know a lot and am a great fan of the sport..

Yeah I see what your saying and you dont have to take offense, we are all family around here and everyone knows family doesnt always see eye to eye. Its all good. Everyone here knows the sport pretty well and I can see what your saying. LEO has prob been busy and posted links and what not but we all know when this MMA thread was all we had he was the one keeping it alive. He is a founding father of the MMA fight club.

ATRAIN
12-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Running out of GSP jokes huh..

LOL of course not but I would hate for you to think I was picking on you :)

desflood
12-10-2008, 01:46 PM
I didn't mean to bruise your ego, DB - accept my apologies. Just read my sig - you'll find I tend to say exactly what I'm thinking at the moment.

dbreiden83080
12-10-2008, 01:54 PM
I didn't mean to bruise your ego, DB - accept my apologies. Just read my sig - you'll find I tend to say exactly what I'm thinking at the moment.

No i'm fine and like i said i just think he's been busy and i know Evan is very busy because he told me so..

ATRAIN
12-10-2008, 01:55 PM

hahahah :) aww des your the greatest.

dbreiden83080
12-10-2008, 01:56 PM
LOL of course not but I would hate for you to think I was picking on you :)

BTW dude i just got UFC 87 on DVD and it's awesome, great backstage bonus features on both Brock/Herring and GSP/Fitch, it was just 15 bucks for me at Best-Buy, don't know if you are interested in that or not..

ATRAIN
12-10-2008, 01:59 PM
No i'm fine and like i said i just think he's been busy and i know Evan is very busy because he told me so..

LOL I think db got his feelings hurt :). Will a GSP hug cheer you up?

ATRAIN
12-10-2008, 02:00 PM
BTW dude i just got UFC 87 on DVD and it's awesome, great backstage bonus features on both Brock/Herring and GSP/Fitch, it was just 15 bucks for me at Best-Buy, don't know if you are interested in that or not..

Blu ray?? They are supposed to be releasing them on Blu Ray. What kind of features?

dbreiden83080
12-10-2008, 02:07 PM
The PPV events are not on Blue-Ray as of yet, i'm guessing that will change soon. You get the behind the scenes featurette, 45 min, the CountDown show, always love those, the Weigh ins and post fight press conferences all on Disk 2. Plus that was just a kick ass event..

dbreiden83080
12-10-2008, 02:08 PM
LOL I think db got his feelings hurt :). Will a GSP hug cheer you up?

My GSP nut-huggery will reach new heights after Jan, so you need some better material.. :lol

ATRAIN
12-10-2008, 02:12 PM
My GSP nut-huggery will reach new heights after Jan, so you need some better material.. :lol

When he loses to Penn?

ATRAIN
12-10-2008, 02:14 PM
The PPV events are not on Blue-Ray as of yet, i'm guessing that will change soon. You get the behind the scenes featurette, 45 min, the CountDown show, always love those, the Weigh ins and post fight press conferences all on Disk 2. Plus that was just a kick ass event..

Yeah I read somewhere they are going to start releasing on blu ray, I think ill wait till that happens :). Im not buying dvd's anymore.

dbreiden83080
12-10-2008, 02:34 PM
When he loses to Penn?

You don't believe that will happen, anymore than i do..

ATRAIN
12-10-2008, 02:37 PM
You don't believe that will happen, anymore than i do..

I know :( lol im busted once again.

dbreiden83080
12-10-2008, 02:40 PM
I know :( lol im busted once again.

You know what man, that fight is such a huge event, it's really one of those, legacies will be defined by who wins type of deals. GSP can't let Penn bulk up and take his crown and Penn wants to prove he is the better man, now as opposed to then. The last thing BJ wants is to go back to 155 with his tail between his legs. Dude is so socky i doubt he even wants to fight Florian, he's bored by the thought..

ATRAIN
12-10-2008, 02:43 PM
You know what man, that fight is such a huge event, it's really one of those, legacies will be defined by who wins type of deals. GSP can't let Penn bulk up and take his crown and Penn wants to prove he is the better man, now as opposed to then. The last thing BJ wants is to go back to 155 with his tail between his legs. Dude is so socky i doubt he even wants to fight Florian, he's bored by the thought..

Its going to be a great clash of champions for sure. Both have a lot to lose and your right. Its too bad there has to be a winner/loser.

desflood
12-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Penn can't add any weight without his cardio suffering.

ATRAIN
12-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Des who do you have on that fight?

dbreiden83080
12-10-2008, 02:47 PM
Penn can't add any weight without his cardio suffering.

In one of the pre-fight press conferences they are doing Penn said "He may come in as light as 165 for the fight" So that will be interesting..

desflood
12-10-2008, 02:54 PM
In one of the pre-fight press conferences they are doing Penn said "He may come in as light as 165 for the fight" So that will be interesting..
That would make it interesting. I'd take GSP, but BJ is crazy talented. If Penn could come in lighter, not slow himself down with the extra weight,it would be a much closer fight.

dbreiden83080
12-10-2008, 02:57 PM
That would make it interesting. I'd take GSP, but BJ is crazy talented. If Penn could come in lighter, not slow himself down with the extra weight,it would be a much closer fight.

Penn comes in too light, GSP will physically over-whlem Penn with his wrestling. That is the thing about GSP at 170 nobody can touch, you can't stop his take-downs i don't care who you are. He got 4 takedowns in the first fight and his wrestling is on a whole new level now.. Nothing i saw with Penn and Sherk blew me away. I sawe a guy in Sherk that refused to mix it up and just stood in front of Penn. GSP has a deadly combo of MMA tools.. He'll use them all to pound Penn out..

ATRAIN
12-10-2008, 02:58 PM

Anyone know what their weights were at their last fights? I cant get to UFC.com at work.

ATRAIN
12-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Penn comes in too light, GSP will physically over-whlem Penn with his wrestling. That is the thing about GSP at 170 nobody can touch, you can't stop his take-downs i don't care who you are. He got 4 takedowns in the first fight and his wrestling is on a whole new level now.. Nothing i saw with Penn and Sherk blew me away. I sawe a guy in Sherk that refused to mix it up and just stood in front of Penn. GSP has a deadly combo of MMA tools.. He'll use them all to pound Penn out..

yeah I agree on this. Penn too light will be disaster for him.

dbreiden83080
12-16-2008, 03:59 PM
I'm starting to think one of 2 possibilities exist with Evan

Either his computer is broke or he has left us for good :depressed

And where the hell is Leonard?? Did they both get taken hostage or something??? :lol

djohn14
12-16-2008, 04:07 PM
I'm starting to think one of 2 possibilities exist with Evan

Either his computer is broke or he has left us for good :depressed

And where the hell is Leonard?? Did they both get taken hostage or something??? :lol
They are hanging up the keyboard, now we must take over!

ATRAIN
12-17-2008, 11:35 AM
They are hanging up the keyboard, now we must take over!

Do you know this for sure? I sent him an email but I never got a response. Well it is up to us so I expect more attendence from you guys. It cant just be DB and myself talking to each other all day everyday. John you have stepped it up but we all need to bring in more members. One of us should email Kori and get another mod in place of evan. Anyone want that responsibility?

dbreiden83080
12-17-2008, 11:48 AM
I say we give Evan at least until Jan, before we ask Kori for anything drastic. About 3 weeks ago or so, he sent me this in a PM..

"Hey brother…

End of December my online time will be cut quite a bit…I'm going to tell tim/kori that you need to be mod and not me.

I'll still be here...just not as much by far."

So i'll be more than happy to take over his role as MOD if he is actually gone for good, i don't mind and probbaly post here the most but i say we wait. And if he is gone along with Leonard we need to post more threads on MMA news stories, to take up that slack. Otherwise this place will be as dead as the Kings Forum..

djohn14
12-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Is he saying until the end of December his online time will be cut down, or starting at the end of December? In any case....I wouldnt do anything major just yet, but yea....ill try to get a couple of buddies of mine to look into the site.

dbreiden83080
12-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Is he saying until the end of December his online time will be cut down, or starting at the end of December? In any case....I wouldnt do anything major just yet, but yea....ill try to get a couple of buddies of mine to look into the site.

I don't really know, but he hasn't really posted in like a month or so, so we'll see what happens. It doesn't make sense to me that he would just ditch the forum and not come back since he and Dallas were the most excited about this place opening up. If he is gone and we need a new MOD, i'll do it but I highly doubt we won't hear from him again. Just post MMA stories when you come across them. As far as getting new people to this forum, you can't do too much more than that..

djohn14
12-17-2008, 12:11 PM
I don't really know, but he hasn't really posted in like a month or so, so we'll see what happens. It doesn't make sense to me that he would just ditch the forum and not come back since he and Dallas were the most excited about this place opening up. If he is gone and we need a new MOD, i'll do it but I highly doubt we won't hear from him again. Just post MMA stories when you come across them. As far as getting new people to this forum, you can't do too much more than that..

Yea, I wouldnt figure Evan would do that....I assume he will be back when he can. Ill try to get us some good articles.

djohn14
12-17-2008, 01:40 PM
Ok...so i told a friend and he said he signed up as "project mayhem"...so im helping...take it easy on him

ATRAIN
12-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Ok...so i told a friend and he said he signed up as "project mayhem"...so im helping...take it easy on him

First rule of project mayhem is........... hahaha

Welcome John's friend.

dbreiden83080
12-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Leonard sighting he just posted something about Nascar, get your ass in here.. :lol

ATRAIN
12-17-2008, 01:54 PM
Leonard sighting he just posted something about Nascar, get your ass in here.. :lol

WTF GTFO, why would his first post back be about NAASCAR???

dbreiden83080
12-17-2008, 01:59 PM
WTF GTFO, why would his first post back be about NAASCAR???

No idea??????????

ATRAIN
12-17-2008, 02:01 PM
No idea??????????

Ok wait I read some of that thread and it was MMA vs nasscar lol I didnt see how that argument got started but it looks like I might have some reading material today.

ATRAIN
12-17-2008, 02:11 PM
NOW an EVAN SIGHTING!!!! I dont want to go in that NASSCAR thread anymore for fear of what ill see next!!

Evan
12-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Hey guys….

I work full time and I have a part time internet gig….I was spending way too much time online so I had to take a break. I'll drop in but I am trying to cut my time way back.

Hugs-n-kisses

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

ATRAIN
12-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Hey guys….

I work full time and I have a part time internet gig….I was spending way too much time online so I had to take a break. I'll drop in but I am trying to cut my time way back.

Hugs-n-kisses

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

So we are like a booty call for you. You only call when you want some.....I feel so dirty.

djohn14
12-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Im just happy to see him, I thought he died.

dbreiden83080
12-17-2008, 02:28 PM
So we are like a booty call for you. You only call when you want some.....I feel so dirty.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

That is fuckin Sig Worthy..

Hey guys….

Hugs-n-kisses

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Thank God, i was beginning to think you and Leonard were being ransomed in Afghanistan or something.. :p:

Try to give us a few thoughts on UFC 92 if you can.. :toast