PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Waive Sato

Kori Ellis
02-24-2005, 07:40 PM
SAN ANTONIO – The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they have placed guard Mike Wilks on the injured list with left patella tendinitis. Wilks has appeared in 31 games averaging 1.2 points, 0.5 assists and 0.3 rebounds in 3.7 minutes per game.

At the same time the Spurs waived guard Romain Sato. Sato, selected by the Spurs in the second round (52nd overall) of the 2004 NBA Draft, has spent all 54 games of the season on the injured list with left patella tendinitis.

timvp
02-24-2005, 07:40 PM
Damn that sucks. They need to waive Brewer and get Sato back ASAP.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 07:42 PM
It'll be interesting to see if anyone picks him up. I can see NOLA doing it again.

T Park
02-24-2005, 07:43 PM
how could they waive Sato and keep Brewer. Jamison Brewer sucks BIG time.

SequSpur
Wow, this hurts.....

who is going to tear tickets at the front door now?

timvp
I believe the Spurs had to waive someone to make room for the trade.

I refuse to believe the Spurs are dumb enough to keep Brewer on their own.

T Park
02-24-2005, 07:48 PM
So is there a certain amount of time that the Spurs have to wait to waive Brewer????

Kori Ellis
02-24-2005, 07:50 PM
I think they had to waive someone from the current roster in order for the trade to go through (because they needed room for both players). Now that the trade went through, they can waive Brewer whenever they want.

timvp
02-24-2005, 07:51 PM
Jamison Brewer is the worst player in the NBA. If the Spurs even keep him on the roster for one game, I'm going to seriously question the mental health of the management.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-24-2005, 07:52 PM
i'm suprised, as far as i knew everyone who saw this kid was uper high on him.

Spurminator
02-24-2005, 07:53 PM
I think they had to waive someone from the current roster in order for the trade to go through (because they needed room for both players).

That's how it works in the fantasy league. Not that that means anything.

Guru of Nothing
02-24-2005, 08:08 PM
I know little about Sato (except that his mug makes for a bad avatar), but I was really surprised to read he was released. Based on everyone else's hopes and expectations, I hope he is back in the Spurs' fold soon.

GrandeDavid
02-24-2005, 08:11 PM
Jamison Brewer is the worst player in the NBA. If the Spurs even keep him on the roster for one game, I'm going to seriously question the mental health of the management.

Word!

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 08:12 PM
If the Spurs kept all their swingmen, was Sato ever going to see the floor?

timvp
02-24-2005, 08:15 PM
So the Spurs lost two first round picks and their second round pick? Nazr better come up big or this trade will be a flop.

remingtonbo2001
02-24-2005, 08:16 PM
Im sad to see Malik go....but wish him all the best...hopefully he can contribute to a Knicks team in desprate need of energy....Mohommad is good...but I'm not too sure if it was worth trading Rose...speaking in short term....as for the long term...how many years are left on Mohommad's contract?...and why two first round draft picks....I would have left that out....although we might pick up pheonix's draft pick this year....but then again this year's draft is a supposed bust...And what happened with Kurt Thomas....I would have preferred having aquired him....was he traded, or injured? Anyways....best of luck Malik!

Experiment2100
02-24-2005, 08:17 PM
has spent all 54 games of the season on the injured list with left patella tendinitis.

That left patella tendonitis is a real career killer.

sungo99
02-24-2005, 08:17 PM
So the Spurs lost two first round picks and their second round pick? Nazr better come up big or this trade will be a flop.
$14.2 million.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 08:18 PM
Do you think, given their history, core of young players and projects already in the overseas pipeline, that the Spurs were going to keep all those picks? Especially if we had two first rounders this summer?

whottt
02-24-2005, 08:21 PM

Don't forget they also lost the primary back up big from their last championship team...

whottt
02-24-2005, 08:21 PM
Do you think, given their history, core of young players and projects already in the overseas pipeline, that the Spurs were going to keep all those picks? Especially if we had two first rounders this summer?

So you are happy to ditch unproven Sato for a lump of shit like Brewer?

And Mohammed?

whottt
02-24-2005, 08:23 PM
I know little about Sato (except that his mug makes for a bad avatar),

Hey enzyte boy...your avatar aint exactly a winner. I wore this avatar as a sign of solidarity with that poster from Central African Republic.

And I'm not changing it either.

So you and Nikos can both just deal with it!

SequSpur
02-24-2005, 08:24 PM
So you are happy to ditch unproven Sato for a lump of shit like Brewer?

And Mohammed?

Sato has never played a game for the Spurs, Brewer is not coming here.

Payton will be waived tonight and will sign with the Spurs this weekend, then Karl Malone will be here on Monday.

whottt
02-24-2005, 08:25 PM
Sato has never played a game for the Spurs, Brewer is not coming here..

Right...Sato hasn't been proven to suck. Unlike Brewer.

T Park
02-24-2005, 08:26 PM
lol^^^^

I wouldn't be opposed to signing Payton as a third point guard.

But I think hell go to Minnesota or Seattle

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 08:28 PM
So you are happy to ditch unproven Sato for a lump of shit like Brewer?Sato was never going to play. Ever. Maybe if two of our swingmen suddenly died, but that's about it. So that's not a real concern.
And Mohammed?Remains to be seen. If he's healthy and consistent as he was earlier this season before the injury, that's all that's needed.

sungo99
02-24-2005, 08:28 PM
Why not waive Marks instead of Sato?

whottt
02-24-2005, 08:37 PM
Sato was never going to play. Ever.

Right, and Mohammed was untouchable.

Maybe if two of our swingmen suddenly died, but that's about it.
How the hell do you know?

So that's not a real concern.Remains to be seen. If he's healthy and consistent as he was earlier this season before the injury, that's all that's needed.

Motherfuck...Mohammed plays for the fucking Knicks...someone has got to get the rebounds on that team...fuck you motherfuckers are stupid.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 08:41 PM
Right, and Mohammed was untouchable. What part of "pretty much" three months and a coach ago did you not get?
How the hell do you know?Because Sato would never beat out Barry, Manu, Bowen or Brown.

Ever.

Make an argument he would.
Mohammed plays for the fucking Knicks...someone has got to get the rebounds on that team.So your prediction for Malik was to get 10 boards a game in NY. So he'll suck too. Motherfuck, indeed.

exstatic
02-24-2005, 08:42 PM
I am SO FUCKING ANGRY that the Spurs waived Sato. He did EVERYTHING that they asked of him. HEARTLESS BASTARDS!

Shelly
02-24-2005, 08:44 PM
I am SO FUCKING ANGRY that the Spurs waived Sato. He did EVERYTHING that they asked of him. HEARTLESS BASTARDS!

:lol

Who?

exstatic
02-24-2005, 08:47 PM
;) Just holding up the mirror for a few posters to look at themselves in, Shel.

whottt
02-24-2005, 08:51 PM
What part of "pretty much" three months and a coach ago did you not get?

LOL. The part where you were right about him being untradeable.

Because Sato would never beat out Barry, Manu, Bowen or Brown.

Barry and Bowen are long in the tooth...and who knows for certain that Brown will even resign here?

Ever.

Is that the "Mohammed is untradeable" kind of "ever", or the "you are stupid for" kind of "ever"?

Make an argument he would.So your prediction for Malik was to get 10 boards a game in NY. So he'll suck too. Motherfuck, indeed.

Please shut the fuck up...this is a classic example of you getting off on some side issue...

Just like you trying to make my Barry deal about set minutes...

Who the fuck knows what Isaiah is going to do?

I can tell you that if Malik gets 35 MPG he will put up 15 and 10...but who knows if he will get those kinds of minutes?

On top of that there is only @28 games left in the season...what does it matter who averages what? It won't be an accurate sample.

Malik has proven he can be the primary back up big on an NBA champion...he has proven the Spurs can beat Shaq in a playoff series with him getting big minutes guarding Shaq...

What in the fuck has Mohammed proven?

That he can pull down 8 boards a game on a shitty team?

Who cares?

Does it help his team? Does it keep them from sucking? No.

And that's all he's got going for him.

Kinda like Charlie Ward put up good numbers for the Knicks...what happened when he went to a real team?

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 08:56 PM
Barry and Bowen are long in the tooth...and who knows for certain that Brown will even resign here? In other words -- it's a lock. Just another sure thing like Heal. We get it. You argue best in reverse.
this is a classic example of you getting off on some side issueIt's a classic example of your fucking yourself with your own words.
I can tell you that if Malik gets 35 MPG he will put up 15 and 10...but who knows if he will get those kinds of minutes? But it won't mean anything because he is on a shitty team -- according to your own words.
What in the fuck has Mohammed proven? If you can argue Sato > Barry and Bowen in some distant future and can't see anything approaching a possible upside to this trade, you're a liar and a hypocrite.

Again.

WTF did Malik do before he was a Spur?

benjirh
02-24-2005, 09:00 PM
Why not waive Marks instead of Sato?

Because there is more risk in losing a big and not having a back-up compared to losing a 2 guard and not having a back-up.

And yes, a team is restricted to 15 players under contract(unless players are out for the season). So someone had to be dropped. Here are your options.

Marks - NO PT so he was a possible drop, but with Horry hurt, Nazr new to the system, and Duncan & Nes coming off injuries, he is an obvious keep

Johnson - NO PT so he was a possible drop, but would thin our size at the SF

Sato - NO PT so he was a possible drop plus he has 4 obvious SG's in front of him on the depth chart

Wilks - Has shown solid play in his few minutes and is better than Brewer

Another thing is that Marks, Johnson, Wilks, and Brewer all have experience prior to this year in the NBA. Sato didn't. Sorry he had to go. I was hopefull he could work out. He didn't and that is too bad. But that doesn't mean he won't be back later. Maybe he could get some quality time in the NBDL and work his way up. Worked for Devin Brown and Matt Carroll.

whottt
02-24-2005, 09:08 PM
In other words -- it's a lock. Just another sure thing like Heal. We get it.

Yawn...why do you always speak for the collective? No one is a dense as you are so I think you do the rest of the forum a disservice when you speak in the collective like that.

You argue best in reverse.It's a classic example of your fucking yourself with your own words.

No it's a classic example of you getting off on some stupid tangent. Just like the set minutes thing with Barry.

But it won't mean anything because he is on a shitty team -- according to your own words.

Accoring to my own words, in a totally different discussion that has no relevance to whether or not Mohammed is better for our team than Malik, Malik is capable of 15 and 10...

If you can argue Sato > Barry and Bowen in some distant future and can't see anything approaching a possible upside to this trade, you're a liar and a hypocrite.

Again.

No, you're just a dumbass. Seriously.

Do you think Jamison is going to be better than Sato? Do you think he is more likely to get minutes?

We are basically ditching a proven championship caliber back up bigman, and unproven rookie guard, for an unproven big and a proven shitty player...not to mention we gave up two #1 picks.

The only upside to this trade is financial, and there's no doubt of the financial upside.....but every thing concerning championships is a gamble and a bad one.

WTF did Malik do before he was a Spur?

Geez what a cunt you are, either that or you are too stupid to see the difference in portion of career not with the Spurs, between Rose and Mohammed....

Whatever, live stupid.

T Park
02-24-2005, 09:12 PM
at least Whottt sticks to his guns on his Anti management Fire pop cause hes horrible stance.

whottt
02-24-2005, 09:16 PM
And at least TPark continues to make shit up...Ooh I talked back to you after you said something stupid to me...

Are you going to whine and threaten to leave now?

I'd expect no less from a guy who wanted to tank the season over a sprained ankle.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 09:20 PM
No it's a classic example of you getting off on some stupid tangent. Just like the set minutes thing with Barry. You whine louder when you're wrong.
Accoring to my own words, in a totally different discussion that has no relevance to whether or not Mohammed is better for our team than Malik, Malik is capable of 15 and 10.Of course it's relevant, unless you're saying you can't be held accountable for what you post because you constantly contradict yourself.
Do you think Jamison is going to be better than Sato? Do you think he is more likely to get minutes? 0 = 0. So there's no difference.
The only upside to this trade is financialSo you are saying right here and now Nazr will not work out.
but every thing concerning championships is a gamble and a bad one. And yet your prediction changes not one iota. Your nonargument in a nutshell.
Geez what a cunt you are, either that or you are too stupid to see the difference in portion of career not with the Spurs, between Rose and Mohammed.What is the difference? Nazr has had the misfortune of being on more shitty teams than Malik. Had Malik been on several shitty teams you'd think he was horrible too. Just like you did with Barry -- oops, wait -- you didn't. Another contradiction. Amazing.

I have my concerns about Nazr, but no more than I had about Malik. You obviously don't either, otherwise your predictions would have changed.

mattyc
02-24-2005, 09:25 PM
Shame someone had to be cut to make way for Brewer. Any chance Sato would sit around ala Marks last season after he was waived??

SequSpur
02-24-2005, 09:26 PM
Spurs got rid of Malik's contract. WTF is there to argue about?

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 09:28 PM
Spurs got rid of Malik's contract. WTF is there to argue about?If you think it won't affect the Spurs' season, PLENTY!

SequSpur
02-24-2005, 09:32 PM
If you think it won't affect the Spurs' season, PLENTY!

MAlik was not a major player for the Spurs dipshit. How many DNPs does it take for you to see the light?

Malik has been ineffective since David left. Not only did he have to make up for David's absence, he got Popbused because Rasho has no balls and that made the expectation even worse.

Malik was way in the fuck overpaid. The Spurs dumped that contract. The Spurs now have help down low.

Spurs dumped big dollars and replaced it with the exact same thing.

Obviously you don't know shit about business.

whottt
02-24-2005, 09:38 PM
You whine louder when you're wrong.

No, I whine louder when you get even stupider.

Of course it's relevant, unless you're saying you can't be held accountable for what you post because you constantly contradict yourself.

Holy shit...scroll up and read. It doesn't matter what they average, just like it didn't matter with Barry how many minutes Barry averaged.

0 = 0. So there's no difference.

No, there is difference. We know Jamison sucks. We don't know Sato sucks.

So you are saying right here and now Nazr will not work out.And yet your prediction changes not one iota.

Malik is proven Nazr is unproven, I think Malik is a better player, let me be clear on this, but then again, I don't always judge players by stats...Hedo...

I think the Spurs are a very strong team and still strong enough to win a title...but I think this makes it harder to do so.

Your nonargument in a nutshell.What is the difference? Nazr has had the misfortune of being on more shitty teams than Malik. Had Malik been on several shitty teams you'd think he was horrible too.

I might, I might not. I know for a fact the Spurs can win a title with Malik as the main back up big...can you say the same about Mohammed?

Just like you did with Barry -- oops, wait -- you didn't. Another contradiction. Amazing.

Stupid. I said the team was better with Barry getting chances to impact the game in both halves...I bitched when he was not given chances to impact the game in the second half...you made it about average minutes. Two different things, you are just too stupid to realize it.

I have my concerns about Nazr, but no more than I had about Malik. You obviously don't either, otherwise your predictions would have changed.

Malik has been a huge part of the chemistry on this team for nearly a decade...he's also proven to be able to play big in big games.

Nazr comes from a losing environment and the only reason people like him is because he put up mediocre rebounding numbers as as the starting C on a shitty team.

Malik knows the Spurs sytem, he's proven he can be the back up on a championship team...

Nazr has proven nothing of the kind. All he's proven he can pull down 8 boards a game as the starting center on a crappy Eastern team.

Stats on shitty teams are meaningless.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 09:39 PM
:lol @ sequ.

RIF.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 09:44 PM
It doesn't matter what they average So why even argue numbers then? If they don't matter, stfu about them.
No, there is difference. We know Jamison sucks. We don't know Sato sucks. We know he's not going to displace the four guys ahead of him and that Beno and Parker are going to play minutes together too. 0 = 0. Known.
I think Malik is a better player but your prediction for the Spurs season doesn't change with Nazr in Malik's place.
Two different things, you are just too stupid to realize it. Yet you bit and were severely owned. And Barry plays those minutes at those important times because he earned the right to. Just like I said he would.
Stats on shitty teams are meaningless.So you promise never to post one of Malik's lines from the Knicks then.

Thanks in advance.

whottt
02-24-2005, 09:52 PM
So why even argue numbers then?

Chump, you colossal dipshit...if it was about numbers for me, I would probably like this trade. YOUUUUUU brought up numbers. My 15 and 10 comment was a totally different discussion in a diffferent thread that had nothing to do with which player is a proven championship backup, and I wasn't even talking to you.

If they don't matter, stfu about them.

Asshole! You brought numbers into this argument!

Yet you bit and were severely owned.

Oh please...only in you and TimVP's world...you went out on a "huge" limb and predicted Barry would average over 10 mins...big fucking whoop. Your prediction was entirely based on what Pop would do and had little or nothing to do with the basketball knowledge and team performance.

BFD, you were also right about him waiving Heal and keeping Carter..what's your point? That you can predict moves by Pop better than I? BFD.

And Barry plays those minutes at those important times because he earned the right to. Just like I said he would.

Um we win more with him getting more minutes regardless of his shot...just like I said we would.

You defended losing.

Barry's numbers haven't improved really at all...and he was hitting clutch shots even when Pop was sitting him stupidly.

All you did was guess what Pop would do...like I said then...I'm glad Pop is not using Barry as stupidly as he used Kerr. He's gotten smarter on offense, congrats to him and you.

That doesn't change the fact that all those games where Barry sat in the second half were losses that you defended.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 09:56 PM
you went out on a "huge" limb and predicted Barry would average over 10 mins.LMFAO! You said he wouldn't. Dumbass!
Barry's numbers haven't improved really at all.It wasn't about numbers.
All you did was guess what Pop would do. Your prediction was entirely based on what Pop and little or nothing to do with the basketball knowledge and team performance. And believe in Barry more than you ever did, pussy. He earned his minutes without your pussy welfare.

TheWriter
02-24-2005, 09:57 PM
They had to waive someone. They'll resign as soon as they waive Brewer.

Don't freak out.

whottt
02-24-2005, 10:03 PM
LMFAO! You said he wouldn't.
Right, I thought Pop was going to rot him out on the bench stupidly...like he did with Kerr. I wonder why I thought that?

What you still fail to realize is that it was never about minutes for me. I might bitch about his usage if he gets over 15 minutes, and I might not bitch if he gets under 10. It just depends on when he is used.

And believe in Barry more than you ever did, pussy.

Yeah, that why you enjoyed losses with him on the bench more than you did wins with him off it...Nothing says "I belive in you" like saying a guy sucks, is playing scared etc...all of which you said.

What I didn't believe in was Pop's offensive IQ...and if it makes you feel any better, I'm still not sold on it.

He earned his minutes without your pussy welfare.

He's not doing anything differently now....and if he is I'd like you to show me what it is...

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 10:08 PM
I wonder why I thougth that?Because you're a dumbass. That's pretty obvious.
Yeah, that why you enjoyed losses link?
He's not doing anything differently now....and if he is I'd like you to show me what it is.One word: defense.

whottt
02-24-2005, 10:13 PM
link?

Why ask for links to discussions from 4 months ago...you always do it...and either you are too stupid to realize that those posts are next to impossible to find or...never mind. It's that you are too stupid to realize they are next to impossible to find.

But we both know what you said...

You are the ultimate frontrunning trash when it comes to players....unless they truly suck of course...in which case you'll give them carte blance for 6 billion bad games.

One word: defense.

Seven words: he's passing up too many open shots.

Deny it...you fucking joke.

spurster
02-24-2005, 10:17 PM
Because Sato would never beat out Barry, Manu, Bowen or Brown.
Indeed. Sato apparently never beat out LJ III, either, and he's got a real injury.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 10:18 PM
Why ask for links to discussions from 4 months ago.Because you are lying and being called on it.
Seven words: he's passing up too many open shots.Also true, but it began and ended with the D. I can certainly call on Barry to shoot an open shot. Or is that verboten in hootieland?

whottt
02-24-2005, 10:23 PM
Because you are lying and being called on it.

Oh really? LOL.

Next you are going to tell me you never said Malik sucked either right?

Etc...

Also true, but it began and ended with the D.

Too fucking funny. Well nothing has changed, he still gets manhandled in the post, Pop still uses him stupidly from time to time, and we are still a better offensive team with him on the floor, whether he is taking shots or not.

Kori Ellis
02-24-2005, 10:26 PM
Sorry to interrupt the pussy fight, but ChumpDumper, check your messages.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 10:27 PM
Oh really? LOL.Yes. Show me where I enjoyed a loss.
Next you are going to tell me you never said Malik sucked either right? I've said every player sucked at some point in the season. I know it's impossible for you to do so.
he still gets manhandled in the postYeah, Spur guards are supposed to be monster defenders in the paint. You really have a line on this team.

Dumbass.

MannyIsGod
02-24-2005, 10:44 PM
weird.

whottt
02-24-2005, 10:50 PM
Show me where I enjoyed a loss.

How could I find a link to my interpretation of you defending losses?

I've said every player sucked at some point in the season. I know it's impossible for you to do so.

Actually it is since I haven't seen every player play.

Yeah, Spur guards are supposed to be monster defenders in the paint. You really have a line on this team.

Dumbass.

The point is his D is no different...he's not playing better D, and his D wasn't that bad back then. He plays the passing lanes well and has trouble with guys posting him up...same as it has been all season...same as it was when he was in Seattle.

Nothing's changed...except Pop finally realized(partially) what I was saying all along...that we are a better offensive team just by Barry stepping foot on the court.

And you do realize he only took like two shots in our last game right?

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 10:55 PM
How could I find a link to my interpretation of you defending losses?That's your problem.
Actually it is since I haven't seen every player play.:lol
The point is his D is no different.Sure it is. You don't dare admit it because it might hurt your precious argument, if you even have one. You must not because your predictions for the season never changed....
And you do realize he only took like two shots in our last game right?What does that prove?

RobinsontoDuncan
02-24-2005, 10:57 PM
;) Just holding up the mirror for a few posters to look at themselves in, Shel.

ignore list

whottt
02-24-2005, 11:03 PM
That's your problem.
That's true...but I'll cure you of doing it yet...Popsucker.

You don't dare admit it because it might hurt your precious argument, if you even have one.

Um...I was saying the same things about his D then that I am now.

And I have no problem admitting when I am wrong, being wrong doesn't bother me since it happens so rarely..I acually find it kind of a refreshing change of pace the once every 3 or 4 years that it happens...

You must not because your predictions for the season never changed....What does that prove?

I don't know what it proves on PlanetChump...

But I don't see how you can argue against the fact that it is proven that we can win a title with Malik as the main back up...while Mohammed hasn't proven shit.

I don't see how you can argue against the fact that Jamison definitely sucks while Sato is an unknown...

And I never saw how you could argue that we were better with Barry on the bench for the entire second half...

That's what makes you Chump...knucklehead supreme.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 11:11 PM
But I don't see how you can argue against the fact that it is proven that we can win a title with Malik as the main back up...while Mohammed hasn't proven shit.So what? If it's unknown it's unknown. You haven't changed your predictions so you obviously can't even back up your own argument.
I don't see how you can argue against the fact that Jamison definitely sucks while Sato is an unknown...An unknown is an unknown. What is known is that 0 = 0 = the playing time either would get in the foreseeable future = not worth holding up a trade that removes any complications of a Scola signing.
And I never saw how you could argue that we were better with Barry on the bench for the entire second half...Barry had to earn his time. He did. With 60 games to spare. End of story.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-24-2005, 11:13 PM
I agree with Whottt, we lost a player who has proven his ability to make clutch plays, guard shaq in the playoffs, and be an intregal part of a championship run for a player who has enjoyed a career year sense being elevated to a starter and getting a ton of minutes in the Titanic divison.

And Everyone who saw Sato play thought he had the raw talent to be a good player in the League. Jamison has never been accused of this.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-24-2005, 11:14 PM
And the 0=0 argument is weak as you just ignore everything Whottt says and continue with your simpleton logic, where as whottt actually has a point to bring across chump, you are just repeating bad arguments and getting your ass kicked.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 11:17 PM
When would Sato play?

When would he beat out one or more of Bowen, Barry, Brown, Ginobili, LJIII and Parker when he plays shooting guard with Beno?

Give me a timetable.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 11:19 PM
Has your prediction for the season now changed, RtoD?

RobinsontoDuncan
02-24-2005, 11:19 PM
Bowen is going to retire in a few years, Barry will take a much smaller role as he gets older, we are going to lose Brown to free agency, and LJIII hasnt played either.

Sato is a project much the way SJax was, only he is younger and will develop slower.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-24-2005, 11:20 PM
Has your prediction for the season now changed, RtoD?

Im not sure i ever gave a win-loss record prediction besides 82-0 but that changed a while ago actually. I have always believed they would win 65-70 games but i dont know that i have ever put down an actual number.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 11:21 PM
How many years?

Will no one else of similar talent and potential be available in the next "few years."

Are you Devin's agent? Where is he going? How much?

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 11:22 PM
I have always believed they would win 65-70 games but i dont know that i have ever put down an actual number.Do you feel differently now?

RobinsontoDuncan
02-24-2005, 11:23 PM
And to be fair I can see where you were coming from at first with the Sato thing Chump, but you have to know when to conceed something, Whottt is right here, we lost what could turn out to be a great player for a shitty one.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-24-2005, 11:24 PM
Do you feel differently now?

That's hard to gauge, Malik did not play in every game but there are some games he played an intregal part in, I can not be sure how Nazr is going to do in that role. I still think they win at leats 60, and if Robert Horry is healthy i would stick firm to 65 at least.

CHAMPS AGAIN
02-24-2005, 11:25 PM
Did the SPURS give MALIK a huge contract because they were afraid the Lakers were going to try to sign him I recall few topics on this that summer.

bigbendbruisebrother
02-25-2005, 04:21 PM

We don't need the draft picks. Pop and RC have gotten extremely lucky the last three drafts at #28. The real value of this trade is that the Spurs will get to keep Devin Brown and sign Scola this summer. It also gives them cap space to pay Parker's bump in summer 2006. This team stays superior by being deep, and that means being able to sign veterans and free agents.

whottt
02-25-2005, 06:40 PM
The real value of this trade is that the Spurs will get to keep Devin Brown and sign Scola this summer.

We already had exceptions to allow us to sign Devin and Scola.

But the reality is that Malik is more proven than either of those guys.

Malik is better than Devin at this stage of the game...and who knows about Scola? What happens if he plays in the NBA like Duncan played in the Olympics?

Guy hasnt play a single game in the NBA yet and you guys already have him in Springfield.

milkyway21
02-25-2005, 09:38 PM
Damn that sucks. They need to waive Brewer and get Sato back ASAP.that is correct. me too!