PDA

View Full Version : Open to ideas

spursfan09
12-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Short and Sweet:

I am a poor college student, barely working any hours get paid ok but it equates to nothing with the hours I get. (PT)

So those of you in college, or who were in college how did you deal with all this Christmas crap and buying gifts with no cash. It's just kind of depressing. Any gift ideas thats are cheap but go along way?

Udokafan05
12-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Sell books back

spursfan09
12-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Sell books back

Good idea, but I bought them all online, I don't know if the bookstore will take them back.

Jekka
12-09-2008, 08:44 PM
Good idea, but I bought them all online, I don't know if the bookstore will take them back.

Most bookstores will take them back if they are being used again next semester. You can also try to sell them online on half.com or ebay.

I wish I had books to sell back this semester, that was always a nice thing to get back after finals, but 95% of my readings this semester were online in PDF form.

My family put a per person cap on spending this year for my sister and me since we're both in college. That's great, but it's still really more than what I have, so Christmas will be greatly scaled down this year (which sucks, because I really love giving gifts). I'm getting close to having Manny teach me poker :lol

tlongII
12-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Bake cookies and give them as gifts.

Udokafan05
12-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Most of my books wont sell back because they are using a new book next semester.

spursfan09
12-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Most bookstores will take them back if they are being used again next semester. You can also try to sell them online on half.com or ebay.

I wish I had books to sell back this semester, that was always a nice thing to get back after finals, but 95% of my readings this semester were online in PDF form.

My family put a per person cap on spending this year for my sister and me since we're both in college. That's great, but it's still really more than what I have, so Christmas will be greatly scaled down this year (which sucks, because I really love giving gifts). I'm getting close to having Manny teach me poker :lol

:lol There's a skill that might pay.

ploto
12-09-2008, 10:26 PM
Make gifts or do things for people as gifts--

bake cookies, make jam, make fudge

burn a CD of favorite music

mow their yard; rake their leaves; wash their car

babysit their kids

Or give them something written personally from you- especially to your parents

If someone in your family has a favorite cause, offer to volunteer for it a certain number of hours