PDA

View Full Version : Soooo Tim Legler.....

NewJerSpur
12-10-2008, 01:53 AM
This team goes from being in an iron lung and struggling to make the playoffs to being there in the Spring ready to surprise anyone who slept on them during the season? :wtf

xtremesteven33
12-10-2008, 01:57 AM
haha dont you love NBA analysts who get paid buttloads of cash to analyze?

Blackjack
12-10-2008, 01:59 AM
:lmao

Yeah, I just saw that too.

Legler is an absolute tool.:lol

NewJerSpur
12-10-2008, 02:00 AM
:lol

Absolutely, and change their minds in a lickety split without acknowledging their earlier miscalculations. It's funny how he talked about "all those people out there who thought the Spurs were done" and didn't bother to include himself in the mix. :rolleyes

Blackjack
12-10-2008, 02:09 AM
It's funny how he talked about "all those people out there who thought the Spurs were done" and didn't bother to include himself in the mix.

That's the first thing I remembered when I heard his "analysis."

These pundits are pretty pathetic now days. I mean, what the hell is the world coming to when the "worldwide leader's" go-to-guy (for all things basketball) is Stephen A. Smith.

timtonymanu
12-10-2008, 02:12 AM
fuck the espn crew especially Tim Legler. they're all so corny and bias. TNT is way better than these fucks.

NewJerSpur
12-10-2008, 02:13 AM
Basketball, BY FAR, has THE WORST analysts of the major sports IMO. I love the sport itself, but yeesh. If nothing else though, they are entertaining for reasons such as these, LOL.

NewJerSpur
12-10-2008, 02:14 AM
fuck the espn crew especially Tim Legler. they're all so corny and bias. TNT is way better than these fucks.

I do like Kenny "The Real Jet" Smith.

scanry
12-10-2008, 02:20 AM
I do like Kenny "The Real Jet" Smith.

I'm glad you mentioned that. I hate that punk a$$ Terry for stealing Kenny name.

BTW what the f@ck was Terry doing today with his lame a$$ plane impression and pumping up the crowd for a regular season game:rollin.

Blackjack
12-10-2008, 02:22 AM

Inside The N.B.A. stands on it's on.

I don't think there too much better in terms of insight, but that show is as entertaining as half the crap on t.v. nowadays.

Spur-Addict
12-10-2008, 02:38 AM

Legs usually rides with the Spurs, I guess the injuries and roster changes spelled doom in his mind. He chooses us more than the rest, I hate that lame Jon Barry.

Kori Ellis
12-10-2008, 03:20 AM
What's funny is that many Spurs fans are the same as the analysts. Remember the droves of people who were calling for the Spurs to tank just a few games into the season :lol

honestfool84
12-10-2008, 03:26 AM
What's funny is that many Spurs fans are the same as the analysts. Remember the droves of people who were calling for the Spurs to tank just a few games into the season :lol

yeah.
it's actually really lame.
lame ass spurs fans. -_-

tp2021
12-10-2008, 03:27 AM
Where are GW and Mr. Body? :lol

alchemist
12-10-2008, 03:30 AM
The Haters:
*Jon Berry
*Ric Bucher
*Ahmad Rashad (mocked the Spurs "system" when they were going through their rough stretch)

The Supporters:
*David Aldridge
*Marc Stein
*Ernie Johnson

tp2021
12-10-2008, 03:41 AM
Ernie knows whats up

raspsa
12-10-2008, 05:06 AM

ST posters eat their young..:lol

Manufan909
12-10-2008, 05:15 AM

TNT is laugh-out-loud funny. They're too funny to just put lol. Especially their chemistry, it's so real. Especially with Chuck getting pwned by everyone else. And having some good burns himself.

MarHill
12-10-2008, 10:00 AM

Thanks Kori!!!

That is so true what you wrote!!

Spoiled Spurs Fan at it again!!

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

superbigtime
12-10-2008, 10:56 AM
David Aldridge is best analyst by far. He seems reluctant to give his opinion but just makes simple observations and logical conclusions. Why can't these other jerkoffs keep it as simple as Aldridge.

Jon Barry is the new Tony Tolbert.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-10-2008, 11:07 AM

what's the traffic stats like around here during a win streak compared to a losing streak?

Id be curious as to whether more people turn up after a win or to vent after a loss :lol

tmtcsc
12-10-2008, 11:21 AM

Yeah, I do. And they were just as embarrassing and silly. The panic that ensued when we were no more than 2 or 3 games out of first, riddled with injuries and relying on new players to perform was unreal and typical.

The fans were in mid-season form. "Fire Pop", "No passion"...can we please save all that garbage for later on when the season actually gets a little interesting.

I've said before that the regular season (especially for us spoiled Spurs fans) has become nothing more than a very long preseason. It took a little while, but at least most people realize that this isn't last season and the West is not as tough.

The Lakers WILL NOT beat us this year. They are good. That's it, nothing more, nothing great. They have A great player and a bunch of guys that are doing a decent job of supporting him. Andrew Bynum ? The next GREAT big man ? Old softie Gasol ? PLEASE.

Manu is licking his chops for a chance to face that punk Vooyabitch again. Actually, I take that back. Manu is all about beating whoever is in front of him and winning rings. If he uses and abuses or embarrasses you along the way, so be it.

SIGH...wake me when the playoffs get here in the Spring.

Fingaroll44
12-10-2008, 11:54 AM

Exactly

dbreiden83080
12-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Tim Legler is a douche-bag. I remember in 2003 after the Spurs won it all, and a fan poll said Tim was the best player in the NBA, he spent like 3 min explaining how "No Kobe is the best"..

hater
12-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Doug Collins sucks a lot but he usually gets the Spurs analysis pretty well. and he LOVES Manu

z0sa
12-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Doug Collins sucks a lot but he usually gets the Spurs analysis pretty well. and he LOVES Manu

Dude ... for being "hater" how can you not hate that douchebag? The amount of Laker cocksucking this guy does is absurd. When every player takes their rest on the bench, he joyfully gets teabagged while shouting how "silky smooth" Pau Gasol's jumpshot is. I think he's got Penis Envy for PJ too, but considering how PJ took a similar Bulls team and won 6 titles with it ... :lol

hater
12-10-2008, 12:56 PM
Dude ... for being "hater" how can you not hate that douchebag? The amount of Laker cocksucking this guy does is absurd. When every player takes their rest on the bench, he joyfully gets teabagged while shouting how "silky smooth" Pau Gasol's jumpshot is. I think he's got Penis Envy for PJ too, but considering how PJ took a similar Bulls team and won 6 titles with it ... :lol

again, he LOVES Manu.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-10-2008, 12:57 PM

Legler is horrible but Stephen A. Smith is just as dumb but in addition thinks he's a genius and is extremely obnoxious. I HAVE TO TALK REALLY REALLY LOUD SO PEOPLE THINK I'M SMARTER THAN THE OTHER ANALYSTS AND MORE IMPORTANT EVEN THOUGH I'M AN IDIOT!!!!! DID I MENTION I HATE WHITE PEOPLE!!!!!

z0sa
12-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Legler is horrible but Stephen A. Smith is just as dumb but in addition thinks he's a genius and is extremely obnoxious. I HAVE TO TALK REALLY REALLY LOUD SO PEOPLE THINK I'M SMARTER THAN THE OTHER ANALYSTS AND MORE IMPORTANT EVEN THOUGH I'M AN IDIOT!!!!! DID I MENTION I HATE WHITE PEOPLE!!!!!

SAS is so stupid its not even funny ... anymore :lol

z0sa
12-10-2008, 01:00 PM
again, he LOVES Manu.

I will agree there, but I remember during last season's WCF, whenever the Spurs had the ball OR scored OR made a defensive play, he would be silent. AS SOON as LA did any of these things, he would not shut up for at least 2-3 minutes about some little story or tidbit he had gathered on them, some franchise history, a little teabagging for good measure, etc.

It was incredibly annoying to have a broadcaster that biased for the other team, just saying.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-10-2008, 01:04 PM
I like when Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayliss are on the show first and ten, it's like a perfect storm of negativity. Skip Bayliss is really negative and flamboyant but he's really funny and actually knows what he's talking about.

vander
12-10-2008, 03:11 PM
I stand by my analysis that the spurs can not win it this year, and might as well shop Manu and tank. :wakeup

edit: though I also said our one hope was Matt Bonner, that might be working out.

tmtcsc
12-10-2008, 04:43 PM
I stand by my analysis that the spurs can not win it this year, and might as well shop Manu and tank. :wakeup

edit: though I also said our one hope was Matt Bonner, that might be working out.

I stand by my reaction that your shopping Manu and "tanking" theory is idiotic. Not you, just your theory. It's also sad. Why even be a fan ? No 4 time Champ tanks a season that isn't even a quarter of the way through.

We are going to win it all again.

phxspurfan
12-10-2008, 04:48 PM
I won't lie that I said the Spurs wouldn't make the playoffs this year after starting 1-4 and losing Parker to injury. I mean even Popvich joked that if another of the Big Three were to go down to injury, he wouldn't even bother going to the games. Something like checking the standings in the morning, lol. I wonder how he felt after Parker got hurt and he remembered what he said...

But I'm glad this team showed heart. That's one thing I wasn't so sure about after the last couple years and trading away players who show emotion like SJax, Malik, Nazr.

Whether or not we'll make the playoffs, I think we will but we'll still be in the low-middle of the pack. If we can somehow get to the 4 seed (I'm sure this has been mentioned before), we can have HCA in the 1st round and avoid the Lakers, Hornets and whoever else (Rockets, Mavs, Suns or Jazz). I think that 4 seed gives us our best realistic option of winning a 5th.

vander
12-10-2008, 08:58 PM
I stand by my reaction that your shopping Manu and "tanking" theory is idiotic. Not you, just your theory. It's also sad. Why even be a fan ? No 4 time Champ tanks a season that isn't even a quarter of the way through.

We are going to win it all again.

what's wrong with sacrificing one year to re-tool and make your team a contender for the next 5 years? It's how we got Duncan :king

tmtcsc
12-11-2008, 12:59 AM
what's wrong with sacrificing one year to re-tool and make your team a contender for the next 5 years? It's how we got Duncan :king

We got Duncan out of pure luck. Boston had the best shot of getting him, not us. Besides, David was really hurt and I think Sean was too.

I really believe that we have a team that can win it all this year. We've gotten younger, hungrier and and now we're getting healthier.

As to the other poster who said it was sad to think that we could win it all just because we were > .500:

That's not why I think we can win it all. We are going to improve and we now have a deeper bench. Our record doesn't mean much at this point. We are going to have 4 months or so to improve our play and chemistry. That's more important. The wins will follow.