PDA

View Full Version : hey Graham, I like you buddy.....

Blake
12-10-2008, 12:51 PM
.....but you need to keep your trap shut. Sheez.

Harrell runs reverse, claims Leach likely to stay
December 10, 2008 · Print This Article

Associated Press

NEW YORK - Texas Tech quarterback Graham Harrell isn’t so sure now that coach Mike Leach will be leaving Lubbock.

Harrell, who last week said there was a “great chance” Leach would leave the Red Raiders, reversed his opinion Tuesday because his coach didn’t fill the vacancy at Washington.

“I really thought a few weeks ago he might go,” Harrell said in a brief interview with the AP. “I thought the Washington job would be a great job for him. He loves the West Coast. He likes the Pac-10 conference.

“When he didn’t take that one, I figured, I think he’ll be back.”

Harrell was in New York for the National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame awards banquet. The record-breaking passer and Heisman Trophy contender was one of 15 finalists for the Draddy Trophy, which goes to the nation’s top scholar-athlete. California center Alex Mack won the Draddy Trophy, but as a finalist, Harrell received an $18,000 postgraduate scholarship.

Harrell and teammate Mike Crabtree will be in Orlando on Thursday for the ESPNU College Football Awards Show. Harrell is a candidate for both the Maxwell and Davey O’Brien Awards, while Crabtree is a candidate to repeat as the Biletnikoff Award winner. Harrell, who will receive the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award in Baltimore on Friday, will find out today if he’ll be headed back to New York for Saturday’s Heisman Trophy presentation.

Leach met with Washington officials, but USC offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian was hired to replace Tyrone Willingham.

Leach has been offered a five-year contract extension and what athletic director Gerald Myers called a “substantial” raise by the university.

Leach has also been mentioned as a possible candidate to replace Tommy Tuberville at Auburn.

“They’re going to have to pay him a lot of money, as anyone will at this point,” Harrell said of Leach.

“He does more with less than anyone in the country. He can’t go hand-choose his recruits like the USCs, the Oklahomas and the Texases. He has to really work at recruiting, get some less-talented players and develop them.”

Leach is 76-38 in nine seasons with Texas Tech and his offenses have set numerous passing records. The Red Raiders (11-1) matched a school record for victories this season.

samikeyp
12-10-2008, 01:31 PM
:lol

cash459
12-11-2008, 10:24 AM
yeah, he shouldve just kept quiet. :lol now he's the one with egg on his face, trying to take back what he said like that MORON jerry jones. :lol

stretch
12-11-2008, 11:33 AM
lol, harrell

cash459
12-11-2008, 02:47 PM
LOL, ut fans still obsessed w/ Tech when they say they dont care. :lol