PDA

View Full Version : Pacman Jones' season might be over

mexicanjunior
12-10-2008, 03:18 PM
Pacman Jones' season might be over
12:22 PM Wed, Dec 10, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
By Todd Archer and Calvin Watkins

Adam Jones will miss Sunday's game with the Giants due to a neck injury that could keep him out the rest of the season, sources said.

Jones is awaiting results of medical tests to determine the extent of the injury.

The cornerback suffered a neck injury against Pittsburgh and while he was able to return further tests revealed more damage.

It has been a turbulent first season with the Cowboys. He started the first six games before an altercation at a Dallas hotel with a team-issued bodyguard led to a six-game suspension. He returned last week at Pittsburgh and played in the sub defensive packages in addition to returning punts and kicks.

Despite missing the games, Jones leads the Cowboys with 13 pass deflection. He also has 28 tackles to go with a forced fumble and fumble recovery.

This season is over...

ATRAIN
12-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Does that mean you guys get your pick back?

monosylab1k
12-10-2008, 03:40 PM
More time for the titty bars!

jack sommerset
12-10-2008, 04:13 PM
People will forget all the injuries to all the Cowboys this season and call them chokers,blame the coaching staff,the owner,the players,etc..... Thats the NFL. Hell thats every sport. No excuses. Really stupid if you think about that. Look what happened to the Chargers with Merriman out, Patriots Brady, Greenbay without Farve, a injuried Peyton at the begining of season plus Bob Sanders,Bears took steps back without Orton, Seahawks sucked ASS without Hasselback....Injuries,players not playing are not an excuse not to win, its reality and the Cowboys lost alot of players and are sitting at 8-5, thats a pretty good record considering and they win 2 out of three that should put them in playoffs.

samikeyp
12-10-2008, 04:37 PM
People will forget all the injuries to all the Cowboys this season and call them chokers,blame the coaching staff,the owner,the players,etc..... Thats the NFL. Hell thats every sport. No excuses. Really stupid if you think about that. Look what happened to the Chargers with Merriman out, Patriots Brady, Greenbay without Farve, a injuried Peyton at the begining of season plus Bob Sanders,Bears took steps back without Orton, Seahawks sucked ASS without Hasselback....Injuries,players not playing are not an excuse not to win, its reality and the Cowboys lost alot of players and are sitting at 8-5, thats a pretty good record considering and they win 2 out of three that should put them in playoffs.

I think you are partially right. Injuries have played a part of this but so has underachievement.

leemajors
12-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Does that mean you guys get your pick back?

he got suspended already, we already did.

mexicanjunior
12-10-2008, 04:59 PM
the Cowboys lost alot of players and are sitting at 8-5, thats a pretty good record considering and they win 2 out of three that should put them in playoffs.

I think it would take winning all 3 to get them in...

jack sommerset
12-10-2008, 09:49 PM
I think it would take winning all 3 to get them in...

Maybe but Falcons and Bucs play next week. If Bucs win Atlanta is in a world of hurt to make playoffs. If Atlanta wins the Bucs are even with the Cowboys (thats guessing the Giants will lose to the Cowboys in Dallas, I think Jacobs and I know Plax is out) record wise and head to head Dallas has that tie breaker.

The Boys beat Giants this week I think they are in. Puts them at 9-5, Ravens at home and Philly on the road, they will win one of those two. To me it all about the Giants game.