PDA

View Full Version : Big 3 car ad

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Funny but true...

http://buffalobeast.com/133/bigthree.jpg

8ft.tall.tejano
12-10-2008, 08:01 PM
but i had a jeep, so do i get some sort of tax rebate? jk.........

Rogue
12-11-2008, 02:03 AM
I'm gonna buy their cars if they are a little bit cheaper. In fact, I can afford their cars but I just can hardly afford the gas their cars will need. I would rather buy a toyota car that will save me a lot of money from gas cost, though I've no favour in Japan and Japanese.

Wild Cobra
12-11-2008, 11:10 AM
I'm gonna buy their cars if they are a little bit cheaper. In fact, I can afford their cars but I just can hardly afford the gas their cars will need. I would rather buy a toyota car that will save me a lot of money from gas cost, though I've no favour in Japan and Japanese.

I won't try to pursuade you to buy USA, but please consider something if you plan to keep the vehicle past the warranty.

What is the cost difference between spare parts like rotors, alternators, etc. My experience is that foriegn cars cost much more when they do need work on them.

What is the gas difference? We're talking about what. Maybe 24 MPG city compared to 26 MPG? If you drive 1000 miles/month, that's a savings of $154 at a gas price of $4.00 per gallon, annually. Less than $13 per month.

What's the difference in insurance costs? Did you know that many American cars are made just a little better when it comes to crash test standards and insurance companies reflect that in the cost? That extra 2 MPG is often at the expense of safety. Accidents are more costly. Insurance is more. This is not always the rule, but just know what you are getting first.

Extra Stout
12-11-2008, 11:35 AM
I won't try to pursuade you to buy USA, but please consider something if you plan to keep the vehicle past the warranty...
Rogue is in the PRC, not the USA. He's thinking in terms of those Chinese Buicks.

Das Texan
12-11-2008, 06:23 PM
the irony is that they use a ford auto when they are far and away in the best financial shape of any of the big 3.

DarkReign
12-12-2008, 01:28 PM
Rogue is in the PRC, not the USA. He's thinking in terms of those Chinese Buicks.

Who knew Buicks were in such high regard in Chinese culture? I remember hearing about how one the Chairman?/Emperors? drove one a loooooong time ago and it has been held in such high regard since.