PDA

View Full Version : Mavs commentators - biggest homer douches in the NBA?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Just watching a replay of yesterday's game and these guys have to qualify as the biggest homer douchebags I've heard thus far this year.

After the cheapshot Terry flagrant:

"He was going up top, after the ball... no-one feels as bad about that as Jason Terry right now."

What, you mean Terry the noted cheapshot artist and all-round biatch?

:lmao

Commentary like that was littered throughout the game.

So, who have you appreciated and despised in terms of commentary this year?

PS While Sean is a homer, he and Land are usually reasonably balanced and not unable to appreciate great play by the other team.

hater
12-10-2008, 09:41 PM
the guy that calls the plays is aight. the analyst is a fuckin bitch. He pretty much said Bowen is the dirties mofo in history and should be killed.

But they are not even close as being most homer. Houston, NO commentators now those are some fuckin homer bitches

m33p0
12-10-2008, 09:44 PM
no. Boston takes the cake.

hater
12-10-2008, 09:44 PM
oh shit. forgot boston. ur right Boston #1 by far

urunobili
12-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Houston, New Orleans, Boston, Denver and GSW in that order are the biggest homer douches in that order...

duncan228
12-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Boston is the worst, have been for years.

SPURS21
12-10-2008, 09:48 PM
The whole broadcast was painful...

Anyone see the segment they did at the beginning called the "rivalry continues." The segment was all the cheap shots the Mavs have taken at the Spurs over the years sans Juwon Howard taking out DA and a bunch of clips showing frustrated Spurs players plus some big Maverick baskets...

You can tell the whole Mavs organization despises the Spurs. Jealousy is a bitch I guess.

Shank
12-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Whine more.

m33p0
12-10-2008, 09:55 PM
i know why most of you forgot boston. you press the mute button.

honestfool84
12-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Whine more.

you mean we win more?

dirk4mvp
12-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Whine more.

You'd figure with how irrelevant spurfans say the Mavericks are, they sure are on their minds alot.

ShoogarBear
12-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Tommy Heinsohn is in a class of his own. But I guess he has some entertainment value to homeristic Celtic fans.

I have no idea why anyone, even Rocket fans, would listen to Rocket announcers.

pawe
12-10-2008, 10:02 PM
The analyst kept on bitching about Bowen being dirty and like he's the most despicable human being in the whole world. That's Bowen, He's the Spurs' resident a-hole and besides you cant spell class without a-s-s.

ShoogarBear
12-10-2008, 10:02 PM
You'd figure with how irrelevant spurfans say the Mavericks are, they sure are on their minds alot.

As evidenced by our numerous posts on Mav boards.

lurker
12-10-2008, 10:04 PM
I gotta go with Houston on this one. The Mavs announcers usually aren't as bad as they were during the Spurs game. I think the Spurs just bring out the worst in them. I was even annoyed with them.

m33p0
12-10-2008, 10:04 PM
Tommy Heinsohn is in a class of his own. But I guess he has some entertainment value to homeristic Celtic fans.

I have no idea why anyone, even Rocket fans, would listen to Rocket announcers.
i can take his homeristic stand. but not that voice that sounds like an infuriated cat scratching a slate board. when cousy was in there with him... it feels like your soul was being torn to shreds just hearing them speak.

ShoogarBear
12-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Oh, yeah. Heinsohn and Cousy together was the All-Marble Mouth team.

dirk4mvp
12-10-2008, 10:06 PM

How many times does Spurfan have to pull this card?

As evidenced by spurfan creating a thread whining about Mavericks announcers.

ShoogarBear
12-10-2008, 10:15 PM
As evidence by all the Rocket and Celtic fans who are complaining in this thread that they are being mentioned.

Findog
12-10-2008, 10:18 PM
Just watching a replay of yesterday's game and these guys have to qualify as the biggest homer douchebags I've heard thus far this year.

After the cheapshot Terry flagrant:

"He was going up top, after the ball... no-one feels as bad about that as Jason Terry right now."

What, you mean Terry the noted cheapshot artist and all-round biatch?

Commentary like that was littered throughout the game.

So, who have you appreciated and despised in terms of commentary this year?

PS While Sean is a homer, he and Land are usually reasonably balanced and not unable to appreciate great play by the other team.

God you post some gay-ass shit. Bob Ortegel is the fuckin' Man!

http://www.nba.com/media/mavericks/biobob.jpg

He can do that!

Avitus1
12-10-2008, 10:44 PM
The Maverick announcers were terrible last night they seemed to be reading from a play by play book written by Mark Cuban.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-10-2008, 11:13 PM
Whine more.

Actually, that was my point - those announcers whined about every freakin play the Spurs made. Call the game as it's played, not to satisfy your fucking owner.

Anyway, yeah, Houston announcers suck, as do NO.

Last year, some of the best included Sacto and the Knicks, although I don't know if they are the same guys this year. Clyde Frasier is hilarious! :)

hater
12-10-2008, 11:13 PM

:owned

dav4463
12-11-2008, 12:51 AM
They probably know that cuban will fire them if they don't tow the company line.

Ghazi
12-11-2008, 03:06 AM
I find the Mavs announcers to be pretty objective.

Allanon
12-11-2008, 03:36 AM
The Mav announcers are one of the least homeristic in my opinion. You gotta give 'em a break, they were calling a huge game with a division rival.

But they sure sucked off Tim and Manu as being great, great players.

Boston, Houston are the worst. They'll see a bad ref call and still say it was a good call when it's pretty clear. I think I only once did I hear them argue and then finally laugh and finally said, ok, it was a bad call.

benefactor
12-11-2008, 07:00 AM
Actually, that was my point - those announcers whined about every freakin play the Spurs made. Call the game as it's played, not to satisfy your fucking owner.

Anyway, yeah, Houston announcers suck, as do NO.

Last year, some of the best included Sacto and the Knicks, although I don't know if they are the same guys this year. Clyde Frasier is hilarious! :)
I don't know...after a while Clyde's high pitched voice starts to wear on me...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-11-2008, 07:53 AM
I don't know...after a while Clyde's high pitched voice starts to wear on me...

High-pitched? Don't you mean shmoooooooove? Are we thinking about the same guy?

And his vocab is hilarious!

mrspurs
12-11-2008, 08:49 AM
RuffnReady.............Your a homer..........

scanry
12-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Clyde is my favorite. He has that smoothness in him that makes it fun to watch Knicks games.

BTW this guy (who by the way is a Robert Sarver clone) is a joke.

http://www.nba.com/media/mavericks/biobob.jpg

Why would Jason Terry feel bad for fouling Parker (might i add a Flagrant II).

He was all over Bruce Bowen that game.

Biggems
12-11-2008, 10:24 AM
dont forget those clowns from the desert.....Eddie Johnson is so blinded by the kool-aid out there, everything is purple and orange to him.....EVERYTHING

jack sommerset
12-11-2008, 10:27 AM
They are not as bad as the Spurs (lived there 10 years) but I have to say they are BAD. Overall Dallas media is objectional, radio and newspaper except for the Jerry Jones new stadium. They will be the first to knock the hell out of Mavericks,Cowboys,Star and Rangers. The team covering the Mavericks games are homers and pretty bad. The girl has to be drinking. Harper is ok but the two clowns on durning game need to go.

I have lived in California,New York,Ohio and Texas and without question Spurs have the worse homer media of them all. So all you Spew fans don't get pissed perhaps it because thats all the city has and nobody wants to live there. I sure the hell didn't. Actually commuted in to SA last part of my stay.

Indazone
12-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Houston, New Orleans, Boston, Denver and GSW in that order are the biggest homer douches in that order...

I actually agree. I'd rather have Calvin Murphy at the mic. At least that guy was funny.

leemajors
12-11-2008, 10:47 AM
Whine more.

that avatar is the shit.

mexicanjunior
12-11-2008, 11:32 AM
The play by play guy for the Mavs (Mark Followill) is actually a really cool guy. I used to hang out and drink with him when he was doing tickers on 1310 The Ticket in Dallas...good times.

But yeah, he was a Mavs homer then and is a Mavs homer now...

stretch
12-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Boston is BY FAR the worst. Honestly, Ortegel and Followill are pretty good about not being too much of homers. I was really shocked that Ortegel went off about Bowen the way he did. He seemed really ticked about something.

Double-Up
12-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Yea I know Houston isn't the greatest but their not worst than Boston.