YHdHh_NnFiI

CuckingFunt
12-10-2008, 09:57 PM
This looks soooo bad. :lol

Shocking.

phyzik
12-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Shocking.

Well, I have to admit, I was hoping it would be OK since I was such a big fan as a kid. Ohh well, guess I'll have to hold out hope for G.I. Joe but that will probably suck just as bad.

Slydragon
12-10-2008, 10:20 PM
This kid will kick everyone in this movie's ass

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/2965/ralphmacchiolb0.jpg

Cant_Be_Faded
12-10-2008, 11:35 PM
I still do not understand what causes overrated ivy league grads to add unnecessary words to movie titles, nor what causes overrated fat cat executives to agree to them.

It should just be called Dragonball. Well, since I am always going to be a douche for watching Spiderman 1 at the theatre, I owe it on principle to go and see this one. But this looks extremely bad. The guy playing Goku looks like a total snizz. Hopefully, if it has enough Piccolo to be decent, he seems like a dark evil early Piccolo, so that's cool. Maybe the fight scenes will come out okay too.

But no Vegeta = lame

lefty
12-11-2008, 12:21 AM
I still do not understand what causes overrated ivy league grads to add unnecessary words to movie titles,

Dragonball: regression

Trainwreck2100
12-11-2008, 12:32 AM
I still do not understand what causes overrated ivy league grads to add unnecessary words to movie titles, nor what causes overrated fat cat executives to agree to them.

It should just be called Dragonball. Well, since I am always going to be a douche for watching Spiderman 1 at the theatre, I owe it on principle to go and see this one. But this looks extremely bad. The guy playing Goku looks like a total snizz. Hopefully, if it has enough Piccolo to be decent, he seems like a dark evil early Piccolo, so that's cool. Maybe the fight scenes will come out okay too.

But no Vegeta = lame

Vegeta wasn't in Dragpnball

Cant_Be_Faded
12-11-2008, 01:00 AM

But the movie isn't called dragonball

it's called Dragonball Evolution

What I'm saying is that if they're gonna make a movie of the DB mythos you gotta go for the kill and include Vegeta. He's yin to Goku's yang.

jcrod
12-11-2008, 01:00 AM

Yeah, but wasn't Goku like a kid in Dragon ball? Never watched it, just Z.

Regardless, you knew it was going to fail.

tp2021
12-11-2008, 01:27 AM
Some stuff just needs to stay animated. It doesn't work in live-action movies. Otherwise, it ends up looking like a Spy Kids movie (as this one does).

Piccolo was always my favorite.

Anti.Hero
12-11-2008, 01:29 AM
lmao That looks like a 3rd rate Saturday Night Sci-fi Channel movie.

Dragonball could be done without animation in a SinCity/TheSpirit/300 type of way. Hollywood rapes good brands though.

IronMexican
12-11-2008, 01:35 AM
I'd rather watch some of the old movies they had. DBZ was so kick fucking ass growing up. If they still showed it, I would watch it. It started getting gay towards the end of the Majin Boo stuff, though.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-11-2008, 01:36 AM
nah dah, Majiin Vegeta was one probably Vegeta at his peak badassness.

DBGT was when it got flat.

IronMexican
12-11-2008, 01:39 AM
The Majin Boo stuff was gay. I forgot what even happened in the end, that's how gay it was. Frieza series tops anything that anyone could ever come up with. The Cell series was great too. And I don't give a fuck what anyone says, Budokai 1,2 and 3 all kicked ass.

dirk4mvp
12-11-2008, 01:43 AM
Great. 30 years from now people will look back and associate DBZ with this ghey shit.

nah dah, Majiin Vegeta was one probably Vegeta at his peak badassness.

Nobody was fucking with Majiin Vegeta. He owned Goku.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-11-2008, 01:47 AM
The Majin Boo stuff was gay. I forgot what even happened in the end, that's how gay it was. Frieza series tops anything that anyone could ever come up with. The Cell series was great too. And I don't give a fuck what anyone says, Budokai 1,2 and 3 all kicked ass.

Without the Majiin saga the DBZ fan was never truly exposed to the depths of the hatred which Vegeta possesed towards Goku, and never understood exactly why he hated him the way he did. At first glance it was jealousy but then when Vegeta flips out you understand what it means to him to be a saiya-jin.

I think Boo as a character was pretty weak, but the saga helped advance the interplay of personalities between goku and vegeta, which i always found most interesting as DBZ progressed.

IronMexican
12-11-2008, 01:49 AM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n28/MikeD202/gokublast.jpg

:lmao:lmao:lmao

IronMexican
12-11-2008, 01:51 AM
Without the Majiin saga the DBZ fan was never truly exposed to the depths of the hatred which Vegeta possesed towards Goku, and never understood exactly why he hated him the way he did. At first glance it was jealousy but then when Vegeta flips out you understand what it means to him to be a saiya-jin.

I think Boo as a character was pretty weak, but the saga helped advance the interplay of personalities between goku and vegeta, which i always found most interesting as DBZ progressed.

Boo was just a weak character all around. If they had a great bad guy, it would have made the series much better. What was the point of making him "cute"

Cant_Be_Faded
12-11-2008, 01:52 AM
yeah he did suck. and in many ways the show was downhill after freiza, and got repetitive. But my favorite episodes of all time were when Majiin Vegeta goes awol and calls out Goku's goody two shoes cherubic ass

BruceBowenFan
12-11-2008, 02:27 AM
only bulma looks legit. other than that goku and roshi dont even remotely look like the cartoon.

Anti.Hero
12-11-2008, 02:44 AM
DBZ was the shit growing up.

I remember getting pissed that they did not air GT on T.V. and the only movies I could find were in Japanese. I saw pics of red Goku and some freak named Broli and could never find the fucking shows.

MiamiHeat
12-11-2008, 03:56 AM
wow they ruined it. this crap reminds of SUPER MARIO BROS THE MOVIE and how they ruined that too.

i still like to watch DBZ sometimes when i can and i am 25.

they should have skipped right to the DragonBall Z VEGETA saga. that would have made an amazing action movie. the whole saga in 95 minutes.

this looks horrible. and goku should have been played by an asian man.

CuckingFunt
12-11-2008, 04:28 AM

But no Vegeta = lame

So, let me get this straight... you went out of your way to avoid seeing The Dark Knight, and to attempt to discredit anyone who praised it as a legitimately good movie, but you some how "owe it on principle" to go see this crap in the movie theater?

Lulz.

Big time.

mexicanjunior
12-11-2008, 11:17 AM
they should have skipped right to the DragonBall Z VEGETA saga. that would have made an amazing action movie. the whole saga in 95 minutes.

Agreed...the original Dragonball series really didn't do much for me and was kind of boring. The Z saga is where alot of the great storylines and action episodes kicked in. Not having Vegeta in the movie kills it for me...although I will probably still see it because I'm dumb like that... :bang

The Reckoning
12-11-2008, 11:26 AM

But no Vegeta = lame

LOL

cbf is a dragonball fan.
i was in like the 4th grade...until the characters became so ridiculously powerful that the animators ran out of ways to showcase them.

I. Hustle
12-11-2008, 11:38 AM
ghey 10 year old forum

Dex
12-11-2008, 12:41 PM
They managed to fuck up something that was destined to fail in the first place.

Seriously? Goku+Roshi+Bulma vs Picollo? Weak.

DBZ was where it was at. Both the Cell series and the Frieza series were badass, but painfully stretched out. They could've fit both of those into a feature film, or even the Saiyan series would've been sweet.

This means that either A) the storyliners are complete retards or B) they're saving these tricks for sequels which, if they even come to fruition, will only fail harder than the original.

No Super Saiyan = not worth the money.

And for the record, Boo was the lamest villain ever and it was bunk to see Gohan turn into a little priss.

mexicanjunior
12-11-2008, 01:33 PM
And for the record, Boo was the lamest villain ever and it was bunk to see Gohan turn into a little priss.

Fat Buu was dumb...Buu after absorbing Gohan was pretty good...Kid Buu was lame.

The best DBZ villians (not including movies) were...

1.) Vegeta (regular)
2.) Cell
3.) Majin Vegeta
4) Freeza
5.) The twin Androids (16 and 17 I think)

I. Hustle
12-11-2008, 01:38 PM
This is getting nerdier and nerdier.

Someone needs to post some b00bs in here QUICK

tp2021
12-11-2008, 02:47 PM
http://data.tumblr.com/cDAXeEyLi9pyiwz4jPV3cs7t_400.jpg

IronMexican
12-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Fat Buu was dumb...Buu after absorbing Gohan was pretty good...Kid Buu was lame.

The best DBZ villians (not including movies) were...

1.) Vegeta (regular)
2.) Cell
3.) Majin Vegeta
4) Freeza
5.) The twin Androids (16 and 17 I think)

Freeza was kick ass. The Androids were so retarded. How the fuck does Krillin have sex with a robot? Cell is my second also, but Freeza is #1

dirk4mvp
12-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Janemba would own pretty much any villian.

Perfect Cell was the most badass main storyline villian though.

mexicanjunior
12-11-2008, 03:02 PM
How the fuck does Krillin have sex with a robot?

Dude...it's a cartoon! :lol

I thought the fact that Androids were so cold and emotionless when they went around causing havoc made them good villians. When they switched sides, they lost their luster...although Android 18 still had her moments.

mexicanjunior
12-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Janemba would own pretty much any villian.

Meh, if you are going to count movies, Brolli was by far the best villian...

Trainwreck2100
12-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Freeza was kick ass. The Androids were so retarded. How the fuck does Krillin have sex with a robot? Cell is my second also, but Freeza is #1

After Goku declines being brought back to life they use that wish to turn her human. And the only reason Majin Vegeta was able to beat up on Goku was because he wouldn't go SS level 3. One of the best scenes of the series was his suicide though. Till those fuckers at CN made us wait almost a year to see what happened after that.

mexicanjunior
12-11-2008, 03:23 PM
After Goku declines being brought back to life they use that wish to turn her human. And the only reason Majin Vegeta was able to beat up on Goku was because he wouldn't go SS level 3. One of the best scenes of the series was his suicide though. Till those fuckers at CN made us wait almost a year to see what happened after that.

I watched the japanese versions...good ol Morpheus and iMesh... :toast

Trainwreck2100
12-11-2008, 03:25 PM
I watched the japanese versions...good ol Morpheus and iMesh... :toast

back then i didnt have a computer

Trainwreck2100
12-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Its easy to see why CN held off ending it, they had absolute crap for toonami's lineup after that, cept for reruns of Batman superman and justice league. A little after the last DBZ they had to move toonami to saturday night, and last year got rid of it all together.

IronMexican
12-11-2008, 03:50 PM

You didn't like Sailor Moon!?:lol jk. I remember waiting forever for the Majin Boo stuff to happen.

mexicanjunior
12-11-2008, 04:11 PM
You didn't like Sailor Moon!?:lol jk. I remember waiting forever for the Majin Boo stuff to happen.

LOL...Tenchi Muyo and Gundam Wing 4 Lyfe! :ihit

E20
12-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Fudge mayne. They are going to mess up my all time favorite thing.

I liked the Buu saga because Majin Vejita was sick, Super Buu w/Gotenks and Gohan was a ridiculously strong villian which led to Vejitto who was pretty badass oh yeah and SSJ3 Goku was badass part of the Buu saga as well, same thing Dabura/Doubler. Yeah but I think the evilest villian was Freeza, that guy fucked up so many people over. I can go on and on about DBZ, but the interent doesn't have enough space.

IronMexican
12-11-2008, 04:32 PM
I have to ask this cause I never saw it, but which series does Goku turn into SS4? I've played with him on budokai 3, and he has it, but I never saw one episode where he was SS4.

E20
12-11-2008, 04:36 PM
I have to ask this cause I never saw it, but which series does Goku turn into SS4? I've played with him on budokai 3, and he has it, but I never saw one episode where he was SS4.

Episode 35 it was called Final Strength, Son Goku Becomes Super Saiyajin 4

Yeah he became a Golden Ape after looking at the Earth which took the place of the moon and after controlling his Golden Ape form he converted to SSJ4, when he was fighting Bebi Vejita.

Oh yeah and play Budokai Tenkaichi 3 way better than the Budokai series. It accuartely depicts the fighting system.

IronMexican
12-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Sounds nice. I will pick it up down the line for 360(If it's on 360)

mexicanjunior
12-11-2008, 05:16 PM

It was in Dragonball GT...not Z.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-11-2008, 09:22 PM
So, let me get this straight... you went out of your way to avoid seeing The Dark Knight, and to attempt to discredit anyone who praised it as a legitimately good movie, but you some how "owe it on principle" to go see this crap in the movie theater?

Lulz.

Big time.

Believe me, I'm not going to see it at the regular theatre. I'll wait for the dollar theatre. And I'm still waiting for the right time to bump my Heath Ledger will get an award thread that everyone laughed at when I created.

I will never see TDK as long as I live. I don't watch suicidal primadonna hype.
And I actually was and still am a big DBZ fan. So there's the principle. I never really watched or read anything of Batman's except the first three 90's movies.

so lulz that.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-11-2008, 09:23 PM

She was turned into a human, they used a dragonball wish for it i think.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-11-2008, 09:24 PM
LOL...Tenchi Muyo and Gundam Wing 4 Lyfe! :ihit

Gundam Wing was pretty sick. I can't get into Mobile Suit Gundam though, they show it on SciFi animondays.

Dex
12-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Ninja Scroll ftw.

I don't care if it's not a series.

atxrocker
12-11-2008, 11:29 PM
Ninja Scroll ftw.

fuck yeah. part 2 sucked, but the original fucking owned.

Anti.Hero
12-11-2008, 11:30 PM
I don't really think it is too nerdy. Most of us were in middle school when DBZ was popular. Our generation had some pretty sweet cartoons/comics/etc while growing up. Now we are beginning to have money and technology is at the point where this stuff can make decent movies.

25+ yr olds still playing console games. 10 years ago that was considered really nerdy...now it is normal.

For many, DBZ was the gateway drug to that anime shit though. That stuff is pretty nerdy :lol J/K

E20
12-12-2008, 01:32 AM
Oh yeah Nail was pretty badass. Even though his power level was only 42,000 and had to fight Freeza with a battle power of 530,000 he still was badass. He was stronger than most of the Ginyu Speacial forces. Tapion was pretty cool and future Trunks with the long hair was sweet.

mexicanjunior
12-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Ninja Scroll ftw.

That was a great movie...it comes on Sci-Fi channel every once in awhile.

Trainwreck2100
12-12-2008, 11:12 AM

how do they get away with the rape scene?

Dex
12-12-2008, 11:22 AM

Yeah, if you're watching it on SciFi, I suggest you find a copy of the original. I'm sure they had to edit out a good amount of mature content to make it suitable for television, and that's one of the things that separates it from the kiddy flicks.

mexicanjunior
12-12-2008, 11:43 AM
how do they get away with the rape scene?

They pretty much cut from the time he knocks her down to him looking up and seeing Jubei in the window...the uncensored version is definitely the way to go but, if you don't have the DVD, seeing it on cable would be the next best thing...

SmellyFeet
12-14-2008, 12:50 AM
Ninja scroll also has a series.

It's alright. Got nothing on the movie though.

phyzik
12-14-2008, 01:42 AM
Majin Vegita vs. Goku was definately the baddest shit in DBZ! I had waited forever for that rematch!

3vBU3VFd5Ic

As far as people calling this shit nerdy.... yeah it is, but its still a childhood memory. It was almost 15 years ago when I first watched this stuff. Good times.

IronMexican
12-25-2008, 02:47 PM
I bought DragonBall Z: Burst Limit today. Fun. Only 30 bucks, too.

Luke Skywalker
12-25-2008, 03:48 PM
Nice to see Hollywood slapping DBZ in the face on its 20 year anniversary.

The comics still own any subsequent film version of the series, including the anime.

dimsah
12-25-2008, 08:13 PM
fuck yeah. part 2 sucked, but the original fucking owned.

What part 2?

Edit: Never mind. I actually own part 2.:lol I was thinking what I owned was a short series. You're right, it did suck.

There is a live-action Ninja Scroll in the works that's supposed to be out in 2011.

TDMVPDPOY
12-25-2008, 10:41 PM
i thought goku and shit were meant to be japanese chars...why they get some western actors though.....beats me.....the producer of thsi movie was meant to star and produce the green hornet also, but there was a clash of ideas between him and company or someshit, so he pulled out.

Duff McCartney
12-25-2008, 10:49 PM
The movie looks terrible. I won't waste my time watching it. They don't even have serious actors in the movie. Chichi is played by the Jaime chick from the Real World San Diego...give me a break.

Regardles...the trailer alone makes it horrible. The story has nothing to do with Dragonball. At all.