PDA

View Full Version : Did Parker get hurt again or what?

Cant_Be_Faded
12-10-2008, 10:48 PM
He sure doesn't look too happy on the bench in these final minutes :lol

alchemist
12-10-2008, 10:55 PM
he's been like that all game, don't know what's up with him tonight.

ShoogarBear
12-10-2008, 11:00 PM
I'm guessing either just really exhausted, or he picked up a bug. I don't think there's an injury. Other than those two jumpers to start the fourth, he was awful. He's only credited with 3 turnovers, but there were at least four others that teammates bailed him out of.

duncan228
12-10-2008, 11:00 PM
He left the court for the locker room early in the game, maybe he caught the stomach flu that's been going around.

Lady M
12-10-2008, 11:02 PM
he looks ill

LakerHater
12-10-2008, 11:03 PM
Or maybe exhausted!!

HarlemHeat37
12-10-2008, 11:03 PM
definitely isn't injured, he looked fine physically..it was probably a sickness or being tired from last night, like others have said..

Cant_Be_Faded
12-10-2008, 11:04 PM
Ze li'l frenchman looked ill tempered on the bench there, watching like a scrub as Ginobili ran point and Hill played off the ball.

:rollin

:stirpot:

exstatic
12-10-2008, 11:06 PM
Anyone remember Manu's first B2B after his return? He fucking stunk.

Same thing.

timvp
12-10-2008, 11:25 PM
The last time Parker played after a double overtime game, he sprained his ankle and missed three weeks. I'll taking sucking over an injury.

Parker had no legs. I actually wanted Pop to go with Hill earlier and not risk Parker turning an ankle due to fatigue again.

T Park
12-10-2008, 11:31 PM
Ginobili really stunk until that 4th quarter, he was in the same boat darn near.

You could tell from the outset though that Parker had nothing. He just looked gassed.

scanry
12-10-2008, 11:41 PM
It's amazing how consistent Tim is. I mean he played over 50 minutes last night, and he still had a 19/11 game today.

I think that separates a franchise player like Tim from a role player (albeit a very good one) like Tony.

nkdlunch
12-10-2008, 11:47 PM
Duncan is one in a million.

Manu, Parker, etc are inconsistent by defiinition. Duncan on the other hand, is like chuck says "Mr. Groundhog Day"

duncan228
12-10-2008, 11:50 PM
Duncan is one in a million.

Yes he is. :toast

spursfan09
12-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Well at least Tony finally gets to take breaks. The past few years he's been the only go to PG. Now Hill can come in and let TP rest and put less pressure on him. Keeps him healther and saves him for the playoffs. :tu

AFBlue
12-11-2008, 12:07 AM
Ginobili really stunk until that 4th quarter, he was in the same boat darn near.

You could tell from the outset though that Parker had nothing. He just looked gassed.

Ginobili actually looked solid all game....but he sucked yesterday, so I guess he was just saving up for tonight! :lol

T Park
12-11-2008, 12:08 AM
Ginobili actually looked solid all game....but he sucked yesterday, so I guess he was just saving up for tonight! :lol

Uh no, Ginobili was turning the ball over at will to the point where Pop gave him a "are you fucking kidding me" look after a turnover then a stupid foul and1.

Ginobili up till that 4th was bad.

nkdlunch
12-11-2008, 12:09 AM
lets just say manu had 2 forgettable games but 2 "bad ass" ass usual 4th quarters. Manu is a 4th quarter player. that's all

AFBlue
12-11-2008, 12:11 AM
Uh no, Ginobili was turning the ball over at will to the point where Pop gave him a "are you fucking kidding me" look after a turnover then a stupid foul and1.

Ginobili up till that 4th was bad.

I'll give you that his passing was off....but he was driving with force and nailing his outside shots.

His legs weren't tired, in fact he had enough energy to hoist up a step-back fadeaway three pointer in the last few minutes of the game.

Ginobili was fine.

SenorSpur
12-11-2008, 12:13 AM
Spurs had about 6 or 7 turnovers in the 4th quarter alone. Those, along with other bad decisions (ill-advised passes, airballs) are indicative of either a team that is poorly coached or one that is fatigued. Since it's obvious it's not the former, I'd opt to say most of the vets were a bit gassed.

Parker was gassed. Ginobili could've used some rest as well. Like others have mentioned, I would've wanted to see Pop go more with Hill and Mason tonight. However, because the Spurs allowed the Hawks to get back in the game and make it close toward the end, it was "all hands on deck".

cnyc3
12-11-2008, 12:16 AM
this one looks like it hurts.. timmy's left arm/wrist

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20081211/capt.92a2083addc04013a9027175a241d06b.hawks_spurs_ basketball_txeg108.jpg

Kori Ellis
12-11-2008, 12:23 AM
The Spurs players have had both the stomach flu and a respiratory thing/cold going around. I don't know if Tony was sick or not (I know he had the cold part of it in Denver), but he looked worn out from the tip.

I'm glad Manu had a good game. Some fans were starting to get worried about him.

jcrod
12-11-2008, 12:32 AM
It's amazing how consistent Tim is. I mean he played over 50 minutes last night, and he still had a 19/11 game today.

I think that separates a franchise player like Tim from a role player (albeit a very good one) like Tony.

Role player? Are you shitting me. :lol

HarlemHeat37
12-11-2008, 12:37 AM
it feels good to have a solid backup PG though, doesn't it?..

peskypesky
12-11-2008, 12:40 AM

:toast

ShoogarBear
12-11-2008, 12:41 AM

This was a game where all those minutes Hill got when TP was out paid off.

dav4463
12-11-2008, 12:49 AM
Anybody that was building a perfect basketball team would have to start with Tim Duncan or they just don't know basketball.

DannyT
12-11-2008, 01:49 AM
The Spurs players have had both the stomach flu and a respiratory thing/cold going around. I don't know if Tony was sick or not (I know he had the cold part of it in Denver), but he looked worn out from the tip.

I'm glad Manu had a good game. Some fans were starting to get worried about him.

right at the starting tip manu went to the locker room...came back shortly and then when tony checked out in the first he to went to the locker room....I just thought ea was down there "cooking" or some shit....but I was worried in the fourth and kept asking where the fuck is Tony P?

spurastic
12-11-2008, 02:21 AM
I have wondered if Tony suffers from cedar fever. The timing has been right for cedar pollen release and his "flu like" symptoms that he has each year. Voice of experience here.

DannyT
12-11-2008, 02:38 AM
i was thinking it was heroin....

Brazil
12-11-2008, 06:42 AM
Good to have a back up PG ! :)

Tim is really out of commun, he is a machine. My big concern who is the back up of Tim ?

mrspurs
12-11-2008, 07:55 AM
ankle injury.

mrspurs
12-11-2008, 08:44 AM
Good to have a back up PG ! :)

Tim is really out of commun, he is a machine. My big concern who is the back up of Tim ?

Tim

mrspurs
12-11-2008, 08:47 AM

Yes it finally does. It took a few years but it finally has happened. Then again I think most of us knew it a month ago. All we need is someone next to Tim and we will be up there next to the Lakers and Celtics.

my2sons
12-11-2008, 10:56 AM
Plus cia taking advantage of getting the backup some invaluable experience closing out a tight game, and resting parker without having to worry about ego's and still hanging on for the win. It's the attention to details like these that pay off at the end of the season or if tony gets hurt or in foul trouble. Hills minutes have been inconsistent since tony returned while pop still tinkers with the team and this just shows the young rook confidence in his abilities and that he is not forgotten.

Dr. Gonzo
12-11-2008, 10:58 AM
my chode! my chode! my chode! my chode! my chode! my chode! my chode! my chode! my chode! PIZZA TIME! my chode! my chode! my chode! my chode! my chode! my chode! my chode! my chode! my chode! my chode!

I agree with this point.

ducks
12-11-2008, 12:47 PM
ankle injury.

not
he was sick
I called him

:wow:lol:downspin:

2centsworth
12-11-2008, 12:52 PM
tony had the runs or something, because about 1 or 2 minutes into the 1st qtr he asked pop to take him out of the game. Then Tony ran to the restroom.

polandprzem
12-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Duncan is one in a zilion !

polandprzem
12-11-2008, 12:54 PM
btw. yea it looked like Tony was hurt or something. The game was on the line and Pop decided to bench his starting playmaker.

YoMamaIsCallin
12-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Parker was just out of it completely. He depends on his energy and speed and he just didn't have it last night. Who knows if he was sick, tired, or both. But Popovich had the right move ... bench him and let G. Hill have a taste of closing out a game. Good for both of them! Parker will be full of piss and vinegar on Friday night, and Hill has that experience and learning under his belt.

Manu-of-steel
12-11-2008, 08:32 PM
this one looks like it hurts.. timmy's left arm/wrist

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20081211/capt.92a2083addc04013a9027175a241d06b.hawks_spurs_ basketball_txeg108.jpg
not only tim's left wrist may have been hurt, it looks like horford is crotching the "man-region" of tim. :lol

Darkwaters
12-11-2008, 09:33 PM
Role player? Are you shitting me. :lol

When you're sharing the court with Matt Bonner everyone else is just a role player.

kace
12-12-2008, 03:09 AM
parker wasn't sick or hurted. his last interview:

http://www.tp9.net/fr/itw.php?id=293

Tony, your bad season start seems finished.

We play better and better since we won against Denver. It gave us confidence. Because before, we had a tough loss against Detroit. We led all the game to let it slip away in the last quarter. We were really frustrated.... it actually gave us some boost. We were good against Golden State at home, we won against dallas after two OT and we kept it on against Atlanta yesterday. We're in good shape right now.

Legs should have been exhausted yesterday against Atlanta

It's the NBA calendar. You play two OT, you get home in the night and few hours later, you're playing again. I won't bring any excuse, i didn't find my rythm against Atlanta. Nothing worked. It was simply a bad game. I've already played two good games being on the court 40 minutes. I don't have any excuse about it, i wasn't good. But it's what is good with the NBA, there's no time to complain. We already have a new game (against Minnesota)

When you look at the west, it's very close.

Oh yes, it will be hard. You lose two games in a row and you're in trouble. We need to be consistent all season long to not have any bad surprise at the end of the regular season. One or two more loss and the ninth rank is for you.

How do you react to Boris (Diaw) trade to Charlotte ?

It's weird. I feel it's a step back for him. He began at Atlanta and five years later, he's again in the East in an average team. I can't imagine him in a Bobcats uniform. To know he will be in hollidays in April whereas he was fighting for the title with the Suns, it's a pain.

SpurSupremacist
12-12-2008, 03:48 AM
Anybody that was building a perfect basketball team would have to start with Tim Duncan or they just don't know basketball.

I love Tim, but you're nuts if you don't take LeBron.

silverblackfan
12-12-2008, 05:12 AM
When you're sharing the court with Matt Bonner everyone else is just a role player.

:lmao:lmao If he keeps this kind of play up, look for a Bonner fan section to spring up!

Brazil
12-12-2008, 07:17 AM

We play better and better since we won against Denver. It gave us confidence. Because before, we had a tough loss against Detroit. We led all the game to let it slip away in the last quarter. We were really frustrated.... it actually gave us some boost. We were good against Golden State at home, we won against dallas after two OT and we kept it on against Atlanta yesterday. We're in good shape right now.

It's the NBA calendar. You play two OT, you get home in the night and few hours later, you're playing again. I won't bring any excuse, i didn't find my rythm against Atlanta. Nothing worked. It was simply a bad game. I've already played two good games being on the court 40 minutes. I don't have any excuse about it, i wasn't good. But it's what is good with the NBA, there's no time to complain. We already have a new game (against Minnesota)

Oh yes, it will be hard. You lose two games in a row and you're in trouble. We need to be consistent all season long to not have any bad surprise at the end of the regular season. One or two more loss and the ninth rank is for you.

It's weird. I feel it's a step back for him. He began at Atlanta and five years later, he's again in the East in an average team. I can't imagine him in a Bobcats uniform. To know he will be in hollidays in April whereas he was fighting for the title with the Suns, it's a pain.

Thanks Kace for the update.
Nice to hear that he isn't sick or injuried. I appreciate also the fact that he makes no excuse: "I played horrible period", he will ready for the next game. TP is human after all.

TD is not human. I think he has played the most min of all the spurs cast since the beginning of the season and after a 2 OTs game at 50 mn, he played Atlanta in good shape. TD at this level = :lobt2:

silk
12-12-2008, 07:19 AM
TD is a monster, i wish he could be more noted by the media but well....

Being able to really appreciate his game seems kind of aristocratic sometimes

sonic21
12-12-2008, 07:21 AM

:tu