PDA

View Full Version : Future seasoned vet's looking to win a title

SPURS21
12-10-2008, 11:11 PM
The spurs have made a consistent play at veterans looking to win a title in their latter years over the Tim Duncan era. ie. Michael Finley, Robert Horry, Nick Van Excel, Glenn Robinson heck they even made a play at Karl Malone . Who do you think are future considerations for the "forget money I want to win a title" type role.

I'd love to see Rasheed Wallace in a Spurs uni in the near future for a marginal amount, in a limimted role.

ShoogarBear
12-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Fifteen-to-twenty minutes a night of Marcus Camby would be a nice pickup for cheap.

scanry
12-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Fifteen-to-twenty minutes a night of Marcus Camby would be a nice pickup for cheap.

He's exactly what we need and that is rebounds.

pad300
12-10-2008, 11:29 PM
The spurs have made a consistent play at veterans looking to win a title in their latter years over the Tim Duncan era. ie. Michael Finley, Robert Horry, Nick Van Excel, Glenn Robinson heck they even made a play at Karl Malone . Who do you think are future considerations for the "forget money I want to win a title" type role.

I'd love to see Rasheed Wallace in a Spurs uni in the near future for a marginal amount, in a limimted role.

I can see Dirk moving down the road in 2010, if Bosh doesn't pan out... Seriously, he's already made his money and then some, and say 3 years with TD, Manu and Tony, there's no better shot to take. He'd fit really nicely in the Spurs schemes, as the perimeter big to pair with Duncan down low.

hater
12-10-2008, 11:31 PM
Iverson, Bell

Spur-Addict
12-10-2008, 11:34 PM
I can see Dirk moving down the road in 2010, if Bosh doesn't pan out... Seriously, he's already made his money and then some, and say 3 years with TD, Manu and Tony, there's no better shot to take. He'd fit really nicely in the Spurs schemes, as the perimeter big to pair with Duncan down low.

I really hope your eyes are better than mine, I really do. :toast

Sean Cagney

Yes I would too, but Sheed got his title in 04, so he is not looking to win a title in later years he got one! Lets hope he wants more and comes here! I would love to see him next to Tim.

SenorSpur
The spurs have made a consistent play at veterans looking to win a title in their latter years over the Tim Duncan era. ie. Michael Finley, Robert Horry, Nick Van Excel, Glenn Robinson heck they even made a play at Karl Malone.

The problem is the Spurs don't have many assets to work with. They already burned a 1st round draft choice last year. Frankly, I'm out on the annual "sign the old, washed-up, vet" strategy. Especially after seeing what little KT has left in his tank.

Manufan909
12-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Kaman, Camby, Lee. Hell, try for Bell or Diaw. Getting Boozer next year would be the shit, though I know the Spurs wouldn't have a 1/10th of the money required to bait him.

I always wondered if I was a Boozer level player, would I go to a championship team like the Spurs for significantly less money.

spurs1990
12-10-2008, 11:41 PM
I'd play along, but what makes you think SA is still the destination when LA has youth and Bryant and Bynum as anchors.

HarlemHeat37
12-10-2008, 11:41 PM
Manufan..you're naming players that make way too much money, bro..

there isn't really anybody that jumps out at me that doesn't have a title and would be interested in joining our team..

I'm not interested anyways..let's get Gist here, try to eventually get Splitter when we can actually offer him some real money, hope Mahinmi develops..deal with Manu's contract..we'll eventually have some cap to sign a younger big man or swingman once some of our older guys are gone..

nkdlunch
12-10-2008, 11:46 PM
I'll take Rudy Fernandez. he is a Euro vet

SenorSpur
12-10-2008, 11:47 PM
Manufan..you're naming players that make way too much money, bro..

there isn't really anybody that jumps out at me that doesn't have a title and would be interested in joining our team..

I'm not interested anyways..let's get Gist here, try to eventually get Splitter when we can actually offer him some real money, hope Mahinmi develops..deal with Manu's contract..we'll eventually have some cap to sign a younger big man or swingman once some of our older guys are gone..

Amen, brother. At this point, the Spurs need to mine some of the younger assets they have access to. Along with adding and developing another piece via D-League and the draft. After all, the Spurs are supposedly saving most of their coin for 2010, aren't they?

kaji157
12-10-2008, 11:55 PM
i think something like that is what we are going to add in 2010, not a glaring all star, but a still all star player barely on his decline that comes here relatively cheap 6-7 millions and still has game.

Not a next finley but more of what Jason Kidd is now a days. Just not paying him 20 millions.

TDMVPDPOY
12-11-2008, 12:27 AM
sign gist, splitter

whatever is left? fkn find that long sf....

raja bell, james jones, fred jones....who else? these 3 clowns we have monitored them for a few seasons now only to bolt to enemy teams