PDA

View Full Version : What was up with that double technical?

tlongII
12-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Questionable call. Bibby and Horford both said they didn't say anything that warranted a "T". Turned a 3 point game into a 7 point game in the 4th quarter. Questionable.

GSH
12-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Questionable call. Bibby and Horford both said they didn't say anything that warranted a "T". Turned a 3 point game into a 7 point game in the 4th quarter. Questionable.

The whole thing is a setup to make the Spurs win. It's because the league really loves seeing defensive-minded teams from small media markets do well.

Idiot.

FromWayDowntown
12-11-2008, 11:19 AM
The official who assessed the T's, Pat Fraher (I think), was getting it from all sides last night and on the possession before the double-t, had made no call on some contact on the Hawks' end. When he blew his whistle for the contact on Ginobili, I saw Bibby get pretty animated and say something to the official. I thought the Horford T came in response to the Bibby T, too. I haven't seen a replay, but that's what seemed to happen in the moment.

Not saying that it wasn't questionable, but it might well have been the aggregation of lots of complaining focused on that official, and his being fed up with it.

Oh, and from a Portland perspective -- that's right: the 800 pound gorilla is in your rearview mirror and closing . . . . .

z0sa
12-11-2008, 11:21 AM
The whole thing is a setup to make the Spurs win. It's because the league really loves seeing defensive-minded teams from small media markets do well.

Idiot.

I love this argument. If anything, it's been 8 on 5 quite a few times over the years, and the Spurs STILL have won 4 titles. That'd be like 13 in LA.

Duncanoypi
12-11-2008, 11:36 AM
TLONG is afraid.....very afraid!

2centsworth
12-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Horford was complaining for the previous two minutes. I think he was just getting on the officials nerves. Horford deserved the T for sure, but I don't know about bibby.

Rynospursfan
12-11-2008, 01:42 PM
The only problem the Hawks announcers had with it was that Bibby and Horford were dumb enough to spout off to the ref at that point in the game.

TampaDude
12-11-2008, 01:55 PM

Idiot.

:lol

koriwhat
12-11-2008, 02:37 PM
well i was at the game and horford threw his arms up and was voicing his displeasure towards that official and wouldn't stop until that T was issued and even then he kept on a bit. he definitely deserved that T but i didn't even notice bibby cause i was seeing what was up with horford.

ps: portland ain't shit! ba-lee dat.

HarlemHeat37
12-11-2008, 03:03 PM
LOL..wait?! they both didn't think they deserved a T?! wow, that's unexpected..

Manufan909
12-11-2008, 03:57 PM
LOL..wait?! they both didn't think they deserved a T?! wow, that's unexpected..

At least Rasheed always mans up.

Don't feed the troll!!!

BlackBellamy
12-11-2008, 06:26 PM

Horford should have taken a page from Duncan's book, stay stoic. It looked like he thought the initial Bibby T was against him so he protested and was called himself. If that was the case then it was a young man's mistake, but he obviously could have avoided that T by not being a titty-baby.

T Park
12-11-2008, 06:39 PM
The official who assessed the T's, Pat Fraher (I think), was getting it from all sides last night and on the possession before the double-t, had made no call on some contact on the Hawks' end. When he blew his whistle for the contact on Ginobili, I saw Bibby get pretty animated and say something to the official. I thought the Horford T came in response to the Bibby T, too. I haven't seen a replay, but that's what seemed to happen in the moment.

Not saying that it wasn't questionable, but it might well have been the aggregation of lots of complaining focused on that official, and his being fed up with it.

Oh, and from a Portland perspective -- that's right: the 800 pound gorilla is in your rearview mirror and closing . . . . .

:lol

Thats exactly how it went down from where I was sitting at least.

superbigtime
12-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Hey man, ain't nothin wrong with bein a titty baby.

Biernutz
12-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Early in the game Horford got called for a travel. He stopped and did a stare down on one of the ref's. He didn't give the ball to the ref, he turned his back on him and set the ball down and walked away. Horford was being a ass all night. He finally pushed the right button and "payback". Bibby was defending Horford and the ref's were not having any of that either.

mrspurs
12-12-2008, 01:06 AM

The F word? It is a distasteful word.