PDA

View Full Version : Andy Everett is a huge doof

Blake
12-11-2008, 12:51 PM
I couldn't take any more of his C3P0 ass playing down Graham Harrell or Crabtree not going to NYC for the Heisman trophy ceremony.

The show absolutely stunk this morning. Had to turn it over to the Christmas music.

I Love Me Some Me
12-11-2008, 12:58 PM
It stunk because it was bad, or it stunk because you disagreed with him?

Blake
12-11-2008, 01:19 PM
I don't know if it I'd call it a disagreement. It wasn't that he was saying Harrell didn't deserve to go........he was just basically saying "Too bad. Tech should have won all their games then if he wanted to go."

I think I'm done trying to listen to the show. I'd rather listen to Clay Aiken sing o holy night.

Sausage
12-11-2008, 02:06 PM
I think they only invite the top 3 players in the country anyway. I can't remember the last time 4 people were up for the Heisman, maybe last year, I just remember in 2005 that Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart, and Vince Young were only invited.

I think the Heisman committee got it right, those are the best three players in the country.

PeterBurns
12-11-2008, 02:56 PM
I couldn't take any more of his C3P0 ass playing down Graham Harrell or Crabtree not going to NYC for the Heisman trophy ceremony.

No SH**.

I mean seriously. How in the world can you justify them not getting at least invited. Is it that big of a deal to have 5 instead of 4.

To me, Leach is dead on. It's all about politics.

Here's the Deal.....

If I asked what the best conference is in NCAA Football.
I think the consensus would be the BigXII

So here's the agruements.

3 QB's in the Best Conference in Football.
All with 1 Loss on their Schedule

QB 1
77% Completion
3445 Yards
32 Td's 7 Int's

QB2
71% Completion
4700 Yards
41 Td's 7 Int's

QB3
68.3% Completion
4400 Yards
44 TD's 6 Int's

All in the same conference, same division, all with 1 loss.

And he doesn't get a F'n invite. A joke.

T Park
12-11-2008, 03:04 PM
You disagree with the guy and your not gonna listen anymore?

Uh ok.

tonylongoriafan
12-11-2008, 03:09 PM
my favorite part of today's show was the 3 minute interview with UTSA coach Brooks Thompson...old school, "thumbs up!"

T Park
12-11-2008, 03:23 PM
The head coach of Northwestern and old school was pretty damn good too.

Still won't go to that worthless bowl game though.

Taco
12-11-2008, 03:29 PM
PETER'S LIST OF MOVIES ANDY NEEDS TO SEE

Old School -SUCKED (I THINK IT'S BECAUSE I'M NOT MUCH OF A WILL FERRELL FAN)

Wedding Crashers - FUNNY

Knocked Up - FUNNY

Office Space - HAVE NOT SEEN IT

Blake
12-11-2008, 03:36 PM
You disagree with the guy and your not gonna listen anymore?

Uh ok.

naw. agree or disagree..... just tired of Everett.

I seriously need satellite radio.

Blake
12-11-2008, 03:41 PM
No SH**.

I mean seriously. How in the world can you justify them not getting at least invited. Is it that big of a deal to have 5 instead of 4.

Here's the Deal.....

QB 1
77% Completion
3445 Yards
32 Td's 7 Int's

QB2
71% Completion
4700 Yards
41 Td's 7 Int's

QB3
68.3% Completion
4400 Yards
44 TD's 6 Int's

it's basically the same 'what have you done for me lately' votes that the BCS has become accustom to.

Had Tech gotten smoked by OU in late September or even early October, I think Harrell easily goes.

He was the leader as late as three weeks ago and now he's off the charts completely?

Good God, is it really that big a deal to buy him a friggin airline ticket and let him sit in the audience while one of the other guys gets the trophy?

MoSpur
12-11-2008, 03:44 PM
I switch back and forth from them and Mike and Mike depending on what they are discussing. If its something I am not into, I switch to Mike and Mike.

tonylongoriafan
12-11-2008, 03:47 PM

you have lost any and all credibility for every point you have ever made. next thing you're gonna tell me is that blades of glory wasn't awesome.

I Love Me Some Me
No SH**.

Here's the Deal.....

QB 1
77% Completion
3445 Yards
32 Td's 7 Int's

QB2
71% Completion
4700 Yards
41 Td's 7 Int's

QB3
68.3% Completion
4400 Yards
44 TD's 6 Int's

QB1 also had 576 rushing yards, and 10 rushing TDs.

T Park
PETER'S LIST OF MOVIES ANDY NEEDS TO SEE

Wedding Crashers - FUNNY

Knocked Up - FUNNY

Office Space - HAVE NOT SEEN IT

All of those movies are fantastic.

Taco
12-11-2008, 03:49 PM
you have lost any and all credibility for every point you have ever made. next thing you're gonna tell me is that blades of glory wasn't awesome.

:lmao

NOW I DID KINDA LIKED BLADES OF GLORY :lol

tonylongoriafan
All of those movies are fantastic.

+1

PeterBurns
The head coach of Northwestern and old school was pretty damn good too.

Still won't go to that worthless bowl game though.

Yes...having Pat Fitzgerald yelling..."You're my Boy Blue!"
Was pretty good.

Much better interview than Wade Phillips

Blake
12-11-2008, 03:50 PM
You could hear the anger in Texas Tech coach Mike Leach's voice.

His star quarterback, Graham Harrell, was not invited to New York for Saturday's Heisman Trophy ceremony. And Leach just couldn't retain his venom.

Who can blame him? It is a shameful oversight.

Texas Tech's Graham Harrell not getting invited to New York is a slap to the face for coach Mike Leach.
"If it's not based on numbers, then it must be based on politics and agenda," Leach said by phone Thursday morning from New York's LaGuardia Airport. "For him to not be there cheapens the award. It obviously isn't made out of bronze. It must be made out of aluminum."

That Harrell won't be sitting there with Oklahoma's Sam Bradford, Florida's Tim Tebow and Texas' Colt McCoy is a joke. Harrell's numbers speak volumes. He has been nothing short of spectacular in compiling arguably the best package of statistics of any quarterback in America. At the least, Harrell's numbers are on par with the three players who will be in New York.

Harrell has competed 71.5 percent of his passes (406-of-568) for 4,747 yards and 41 touchdowns, with only seven interceptions. His passer rating of 163.03 ranks ninth in the nation.

Even more impressive than his statistics is that Harrell has elevated the Red Raiders' program – which has less of almost everything than Oklahoma, Texas and Florida – to tremendous heights. Texas Tech jetted out to a 10-0 start, reaching as high as No. 2 in the polls before a loss at Oklahoma. The Red Raiders finished the regular season 11-1 and were co-Big 12 South champions.

It's enough to make you wonder why more people didn't fuss about Texas Tech being left out of the Big 12 title game as much as they did about Texas' exclusion. Was the Red Raiders' resume really that much different than OU's or Texas'? Of course not. But Tech has been shuffled off to the Cotton Bowl to play Ole Miss, while Texas and OU will play in marquee BCS bowls.

To top it all off, Harrell enjoyed an unrivaled "Heisman moment" this fall. Facing a second-and-10 from Texas' 28 and trailing the then-No. 1 Longhorns 33-32, Harrell tossed a game-winning touchdown pass to Michael Crabtree with one second left to give Tech a 39-33 triumph.

"There was nothing left for him to do," Leach said. "There obviously is more to the selection process than performance."

The Heisman winner is determined by a vote of 925 media members, as well as former winners. Each voter lists their top three choices, with the No. 1 pick getting three points, the No. 2 selection two points and the No. 3 pick one point. The points are totaled to determine the winner. The point totals also are used to decide who gets invited to New York for the Heisman ceremony. According to Heisman coordinator Tim Henning, the Heisman finalists are determined by the "natural breaking point in the voting."

Thus, it has to be presumed that Harrell finished fourth in the balloting.

Why not break from whatever protocol the Heisman honchos have in place to determine the finalists to invite four or five players? It's a way to reward players such as Harrell for outstanding seasons. And in this case, it would have been great to see a program such as Texas Tech get more national exposure.

Instead, we will have three quarterbacks from "blue blood" schools. It's yet another example of the class system that permeates college football, which has created the most unlevel playing field in all of team sports.

Harrell has won the Unitas Award, which goes to the best senior quarterback. But he deserves much more. At the least, he deserved to be invited to the Heisman ceremony.

Tom Dienhart is a national senior writer for Rivals.com. He can be reached at [email protected].

PeterBurns
12-11-2008, 03:50 PM

"I'm a sex addict. It's my cross to bear.
It's a real disease you know....real doctors....real medicines...."

PeterBurns
12-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Blake....That is dead on.

The more I think about it, the bigger of a joke it is.
Unreal.

Common Sense and Sports don't go hand in hand

Blake
12-11-2008, 03:54 PM
QB1 also had 576 rushing yards, and 10 rushing TDs.

QB 2 also had 6 rushing TDs.

*********hint: QB 2 is not Bradford, Griffin or McGee

tonylongoriafan
12-11-2008, 03:59 PM
"I'm a sex addict. It's my cross to bear.
It's a real disease you know....real doctors....real medicines...."

"you've bagged yourself a wild lex"

T Park
12-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Yes...having Pat Fitzgerald yelling..."You're my Boy Blue!"
Was pretty good.

Much better interview than Wade Phillips

Wade Phillips is the bleeping doofus......

I Love Me Some Me
12-11-2008, 04:49 PM
QB 2 also had 6 rushing TDs.

*********hint: QB 2 is not Bradford, Griffin or McGee

And (60) rushing yards.

Seriously...negative yards.

AlamoSpursFan
12-11-2008, 05:05 PM
naw. agree or disagree..... just tired of Everett.

I seriously need satellite radio.

Yes you do.

And that show needs Dawn Murphy.

(Of course, EVERY show needs Dawn Murphy, but that one REALLY needs her!)

:blah

Blake
12-11-2008, 05:25 PM
And (60) rushing yards.

Seriously...negative yards.

yeah and the sun looks yellow. whoop dee doo.

nobody is saying that Harrell is better than McCoy. In fact, I think McCoy deserves the Heisman more than the other two.

Just don't try to tell me that Harrell doesn't deserve to go. He does and his numbers are comparable to any of the 3 that are going.

S_A_Longhorn
12-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Everyone believes the Tech offense is what brings those gawdy stats. Its been there for every other QB under Leach at Tech. And then factor in this: the Baylor game. Sure he gets "man" points for playing with a mangled hand, but the Tech offense went south when Crabtree went down. Crabtree's numbers are special b/c no other WR at Tech has had those numbers, but Graham's numbers are the same as any other Tech QB. In Lubbock, its the system, not the players.

Also, is everyone upset that Graham wasn't invited to make the trip (even tho he was far from winning the trophy), or mad at the voters? The Heisman committee didn't purposefully not invite Graham out of spite - they did not invite him since he was probably a distant 4th in the voting.

I've never liked any show with Everett, except maybe the Spurs broadcast. Seems like he is always in "golf calm" mode.

T Park
12-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Andy Everett alongside Burns are the best personalities on that station.

Mike Taylor's retarded hatred of Matt Bonner is beyond illogical, and the gamenight react show hasn't been half as good since Mr. Andrew Buck Everett hosted it.

Blake
12-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Everyone believes the Tech offense is what brings those gawdy stats. Its been there for every other QB under Leach at Tech. And then factor in this: the Baylor game. Sure he gets "man" points for playing with a mangled hand, but the Tech offense went south when Crabtree went down. Crabtree's numbers are special b/c no other WR at Tech has had those numbers, but Graham's numbers are the same as any other Tech QB. In Lubbock, its the system, not the players.

Also, is everyone upset that Graham wasn't invited to make the trip (even tho he was far from winning the trophy), or mad at the voters? The Heisman committee didn't purposefully not invite Graham out of spite - they did not invite him since he was probably a distant 4th in the voting.

I've never liked any show with Everett, except maybe the Spurs broadcast. Seems like he is always in "golf calm" mode.

yeah, this post being from "S A Longhorn" says everything I need to know.

Check around buddy, practically everyone in the Big XII is running a version of the spread......just like Tech.

Bradford and McCoy are system QBs too.......the difference is that they are surrounded by 4 and 5 star athletes while Harrell is surrounded by 2-3 star athletes sprinkled with a few 4 star athletes.

Be sure to factor that into your lame "system" equation

Blake
12-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Andy Everett alongside Burns are the best personalities on that station.

Mike Taylor's retarded hatred of Matt Bonner is beyond illogical, and the gamenight react show hasn't been half as good since Mr. Andrew Buck Everett hosted it.

Taylor just gave big props to Bonner today, fwiw

see, I don't always agree with him, but Taylor's entertaining as hell.

I lmao whenever he does his Wade Phillip's impersonation

Biernutz
12-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Andy: Please no more talking about golf as the get mad when I fall asleep at work.

Logan
12-11-2008, 10:47 PM
I don't listen to that piece of crap radio station.

I sold my ticket and became a member of The Zone.

T Park
12-11-2008, 11:52 PM
Andy: Please no more talking about golf as the get mad when I fall asleep at work.

No more posts as yours has the same effect.

Blake
12-12-2008, 09:24 AM
No more posts as yours has the same effect.

so......you can type while you sleep? cool trick

Desert Plains
12-12-2008, 09:39 AM
I don't listen to that piece of crap radio station.

I sold my ticket and became a member of The Zone.

You said the same thing about KTSA when Chris Duel worked for WOAI! :lmao

S_A_Longhorn
12-12-2008, 10:15 AM

Check around buddy, practically everyone in the Big XII is running a version of the spread......just like Tech.

Bradford and McCoy are system QBs too.......the difference is that they are surrounded by 4 and 5 star athletes while Harrell is surrounded by 2-3 star athletes sprinkled with a few 4 star athletes.

So what....Michael Crabtree is a 2-3 star recruit? Shannon Woods? Give me a fuckin' break. DO you even watch college football?

The fact that every other Tech QB under Leach has put the same types of numbers as Harrell proves the "system". Harrell is just the first time that Leach has had a QB for more than 1 year, so I expect his Senior numbers to be the best of the bunch.

McCoy a "system" QB? Really? Go back to the Applewhite/Simms/Mock days and try to bullshit me that UT is running the same system now as then. Yeah, that was still under Mack Brown and O-coordinator Greg Davis. The "system" changed when Vince showed up, and has even changed now with McCoy.

Tech is still running the same system, with bubble screens, slants, and <10 yds crossing patterns all the while keepign their o-linemen spread out by 3-4 yards. Only difference now those "2-3 star" recruits you like to claim are now 4-5 star recruits under Leach. Tech doesn't get the leftovers anymore. A&M does.

Feel free to list the stats of Kingsbury, Symons, Cumbie, Hodges, and Harrell. Symons had the best of the bunch I believe with 5,800 passing yards and 52 TDs (yeah, that is better than Graham this year). Here I'll make it easy for you:
http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/11070145

Did Graham make Tech 11-1 or did Crabtree & the other "2-3" star recruits make Tech 11-1?

T Park
12-12-2008, 10:16 AM
so......you can type while you sleep? cool trick

One of many talents.

PeterBurns
12-12-2008, 10:59 AM

Point Blake.

PeterBurns
12-12-2008, 11:02 AM
You said the same thing about KTSA when Chris Duel worked for WOAI! :lmao

Are you implying that there might be a connection between the two?
WTF?

I just internet gasped.

T Park
12-12-2008, 11:23 AM
This coming from a guy who throws a teddy bear like rasho nesterovic dunks..

PeterBurns
12-12-2008, 11:39 AM
This coming from a guy who throws a teddy bear like rasho nesterovic dunks..

I was going to say more like Becky Hammon.

But it was a load of crap. The Bears when I got them were really light, and you couldn't throw them far....but by the time they had slid on the ice, they were heavy and easier to throw.

Not happy about it at all....and I'm sure I'll hear about it today on his show.

Blake
12-12-2008, 12:21 PM
So what....Michael Crabtree is a 2-3 star recruit? Shannon Woods? Give me a fuckin' break. DO you even watch college football?

Naw, I don't watch college football......which is funny since I still know more than you about it.

Crabtree was a 4 star recruit, Woods was a 2 star recruit. Crabtree wasn't even recruited by UT.

ever heard of Rivals? obviously not.

The fact that every other Tech QB under Leach has put the same types of numbers as Harrell proves the "system". Harrell is just the first time that Leach has had a QB for more than 1 year, so I expect his Senior numbers to be the best of the bunch.

McCoy a "system" QB? Really? Go back to the Applewhite/Simms/Mock days and try to bullshit me that UT is running the same system now as then. Yeah, that was still under Mack Brown and O-coordinator Greg Davis. The "system" changed when Vince showed up, and has even changed now with McCoy.

You'd make a great BCS/Heisman voter with that logic.

Newsflash: unless you call up the plays yourself like you are playing sandlot football, you are playing in a system........no matter how long the system is in place....

and McCoy led the Horns in rushing out of a shotgun formation right? Seems pretty V Youngish too me...

but it's not a system....

Tech is still running the same system, with bubble screens, slants, and <10 yds crossing patterns all the while keepign their o-linemen spread out by 3-4 yards. Only difference now those "2-3 star" recruits you like to claim are now 4-5 star recruits under Leach. Tech doesn't get the leftovers anymore. A&M does.

pfft. I always wonder why people try to spout off facts without even bothering to look them up. Please gimme your list of 5 star recruits that are on Tech's roster. I'd love to know who they are because I don't even know.

As for Tech vs A&M in recruiting rankings from Rivals.com:

2009: A&M #20 Tech #27
2008: A&M #16 Tech #45
2007: A&M #43 Tech #52
2006: Tech #25 A&M #27
2005: A&M #8 Tech #37

I could keep going, but I think the point is made that Tech hasn't even cracked the recruiting top 20 in the last 5 years, and A&M clearly has brought in the better talent.

http://texastech.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?Year=2005&Page=2&Type=0&Sort=0

Feel free to list the stats of Kingsbury, Symons, Cumbie, Hodges, and Harrell. Symons had the best of the bunch I believe with 5,800 passing yards and 52 TDs (yeah, that is better than Graham this year). Here I'll make it easy for you:
http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/11070145

wow, is it really that hard to figure out why the other 11 teams run shotgun spread formations?

If Tech can level the playing field using it, then a 5 star laden team should be able to dominate the field using it.

And based on the scoring record OU just broke this year, they apparently did.

Did Graham make Tech 11-1 or did Crabtree & the other "2-3" star recruits make Tech 11-1?

It's odd, in the same post you say that Tech is successful simply because of the system, yet you are also under the impression that Tech has 5 star recruits.

I'll tell you why Tech is 11-1 and constantly leading the nation in offense:

....."That's the basis of this offense, the vertical passing game," Harrell said. "That's a vertical we threw blind. And we do that time and time again. We practice that every day in practice. We practice going over the top on the fade [throwing over the receiver's head] and the throw-behind. On that one, the corner wasn't looking. If he's not looking, throw it behind his head and let the receiver make a play."

You have to understand the relationship between Harrell and Crabtree. Texas Tech defensive coordinator Ruffin McNeill recalled spending an hour on the StairMaster this past summer while Harrell and Crabtree practiced in the stifling West Texas heat.

"I saw them do it for over an hour," McNeill said. "I don't know how many routes you can run in a hour, but that's a lot of routes."....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=3677902

T Park
12-12-2008, 01:32 PM
I was going to say more like Becky Hammon.

But it was a load of crap. The Bears when I got them were really light, and you couldn't throw them far....but by the time they had slid on the ice, they were heavy and easier to throw.

Not happy about it at all....and I'm sure I'll hear about it today on his show.

:lol

Yeah and they hadn't resurfaced the ice yet so all the ice shaving and chunks were getting picked up by the bears.