PDA

View Full Version : pop says team plans to waive brewer

ducks
02-24-2005, 11:35 PM
San Antonio put guard Mike Wilks on the injured list Thursday to open a roster spot, but Popovich said the team plans to waive Brewer.

exstatic
02-24-2005, 11:36 PM
Good. Pooh's namesake has no business on the Spurs roster. I wonder if they will attempt to re-sign Sato if he clears waivers?

ducks
02-24-2005, 11:48 PM
For the Spurs, the acquisition of Mohammed provides an additional option at center behind Rasho Nesterovic. Mohammed, in his seventh NBA season, also could be used as the backup to Tim Duncan at power forward -- the role Rose had for the last 7 1/2 seasons.

It also allowed San Antonio to position itself for deals down the road by unloading the last five-plus years of Roses' seven-year, $42 million contract.

``Contract-wise and basketball-wise, we think it will be good for the franchise,'' Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said late Thursday. ``If you have an opportunity to trade somebody and you think it makes your team and organization better in the long run, the responsibility is there to do it.''

In the short run, he said Muhammed's size will help the Spurs down the stretch and into the postseason.

``What we're doing is preparing for playoff time,'' Popovich said. ``He gives us the size that we're going to need.''

RobinsontoDuncan
02-24-2005, 11:49 PM
``Contract-wise and basketball-wise, we think it will be good for the franchise,'' Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said late Thursday. ``If you have an opportunity to trade somebody and you think it makes your team and organization better in the long run, the responsibility is there to do it.''

yeah right pop this was all about the $$$

Kori Ellis
02-24-2005, 11:49 PM
Link?

ducks
02-24-2005, 11:50 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpYTg2ZTBwBF9TAzk1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYwN0 bQ--?slug=ap-knickstrades&prov=ap&type=lgns

ducks
02-24-2005, 11:52 PM
yeah right pop this was all about the $$$

:rolleyes

xcoriate
02-25-2005, 12:34 AM
and the $$$ effects how the spurs play basketball wise later down the track.

Maliks play was effected by his contract, Pops coaching was effected by Maliks contract.

Parkers play at the beginning of the season was effected by his contract.

Not to mention we just shed $20M , its about the $$$'s but they directly influence the way players play, and teams produce.

Ginofan
02-25-2005, 12:39 AM
Do you think Malik leaving is going to have any kind of mental effect on the other guys on the team in the way that they play in the next few games?

pooh
02-25-2005, 12:54 AM
I don't know how long it's been since Jamison has played during the regular season, he's easy to find in those fancy suits and "preditor" like hair. I'm sure he'll be waived quickly.

mattyc
02-25-2005, 01:16 AM
Suprise....

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-25-2005, 01:26 AM
"Jamison, welcome to San Antonio. No, that's quite alright, don't unpack your bags."

Timothy Dunkan
02-25-2005, 02:36 AM
Brewer is garbage! I hope they waive him right away. And PLEASE bring back Sato.

T Park
02-25-2005, 02:38 AM
Keep your Bob Marley ass in New York Jamison.