PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick

Nobody
12-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Just got back from Michael Vick's new home. He's at club summer camp. Leavenworth Prison Camp... the real prison is behind it and pretty freaky looking. The folks say Vick spends his time walking around the yard all day. They pretty much can do whatever they want there. He even plays for the prison football teams. He's the quarterback for both teams. Once in a while he has to walk around the outside of the prison picking up trash. Hard knock life.

Fillmoe
12-12-2008, 01:56 AM
He doesnt deserve to be there anyway.... Let the man live.

K-State Spur
12-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Let the man live.

And the dogs too.

monosylab1k
12-12-2008, 03:22 PM
Save the Whales!

J.T.
12-13-2008, 12:54 AM
Dude me and my roommate were just talking about how Michael Vick is probably living the real life version of "The Longest Yard" the other day.

:lmao

jack sommerset
12-14-2008, 12:02 PM
He doesnt deserve to be there anyway.... Let the man live.

+1 Killing fucking dogs and/or fighting them puts a man in jail. Pathetic. Anyones who thinks he belongs in jail, go fuck yourself.

chode_regulator
12-14-2008, 04:48 PM
dogs is dogs

once we stop rapes and murders, then let's talk about saving dogs

yeah i said from teh beginning who cares. i remember there being a story about all the other players who beat their wives and shit and dont even get suspended. one dude was dragging his wife down the street by her hair. nfl didnt even do anything about that. wtf?

The Franchise
12-14-2008, 11:36 PM
The man has lost more than any of us will in our lifetime. He has paid for his crime so leave him the fuck alone.

dirk4mvp
12-15-2008, 12:02 AM
The man has lost more than any of us will in our lifetime. He has paid for his crime so leave him the fuck alone.

He also used to earn more than in a lifetime in a few games. He was a role model to a lot of people, and shouldn't have been such a stupid fuck.

mFFL03
12-15-2008, 12:48 AM
you know he did intentionally torture these animals too, electrocution, strangulation, drowning, hanging....

sounds like he should open up a day care business when he gets done with football.

romad_20
12-16-2008, 11:37 AM
+1 Killing fucking dogs and/or fighting them puts a man in jail. Pathetic. Anyones who thinks he belongs in jail, go fuck yourself.

You're a fucking dumbass.

I think people should leave him along after he's out, especially if he tries to do some good. On the Falcons side of things, it looks like it may have worked out best for my team. Tough price to pay, but that trading Schab and Matt Ryan pick looks like it was the best choice.

K-State Spur
12-16-2008, 12:12 PM

You could make the same argument for OJ...

monosylab1k
12-16-2008, 12:57 PM

He slashed the throats of two human beings and saw no jail time for it.

Michael Vick was killing dogs. Is it a sick thing? Yes. But it's still a far cry from taking human lives. He deserved to see some jail time, but to compare him to OJ is just stupid.

bostonguy
12-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Dog fighting or not, Vick isnt good enough to be a qb in the nfl. He sucks. A running qb with a crappy arm.

monosylab1k
12-16-2008, 01:09 PM
Dog fighting or not, Vick isnt good enough to be a qb in the nfl. He sucks. A running qb with a crappy arm.

Vick's arm is phenomenal. I just don't think he's has the IQ to play QB.

gaKNOW!blee
12-16-2008, 01:18 PM
Leonard Little kills a fucking human and no one ever says a word.

Mike Vick kills some dogs and everyone wants him to rot in prision for life. Fucking bullshit.

And the problem was never Vicks arm....just his accuarcy and sometimes decision making.

mrspurs
12-20-2008, 12:30 AM
Well regardless of his time spent. Im sure Pacman will be able to show Vick the ropes in Dallas's New Stadium. We all know Jerry cant wait for Mike to get out. With Jerry running the show we may have the Longest Yard team in a season or two.

EarlBoykinsDynasty
12-20-2008, 06:28 PM
he still got game

K-State Spur
12-20-2008, 07:18 PM
He slashed the throats of two human beings and saw no jail time for it.

Michael Vick was killing dogs. Is it a sick thing? Yes. But it's still a far cry from taking human lives. He deserved to see some jail time, but to compare him to OJ is just stupid.

Just pointing out the fallacy of the logic that because a guy has lost a lot, that is punishment enough.

K-State Spur
12-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Leonard Little kills a fucking human and no one ever says a word.

Mike Vick kills some dogs and everyone wants him to rot in prision for life. Fucking bullshit.

And the problem was never Vicks arm....just his accuarcy and sometimes decision making.

a lot of people said a lot of words about leonard little. the justice system failed there - no argument.

but just because he got away with it doesn't mean that vick should be allowed to walk.

txallstar
12-21-2008, 12:01 AM
vick is just a dumb ass, should serve all that time for dogs probably not.

as far as the money lost, again dumbass, he lost most of that shit before the dog scandal.

johngateswhiteley
01-30-2009, 03:26 PM
dogs is dogs

once we stop rapes and murders, then let's talk about saving dogs

no kidding. plenty of people don't even go to jail for rape and drunk driving. do any of these fucking nut jobs realize what they've done to Michael Vick?

i'd like to take this opportunity to tell those responsible for Vick's current situation, and those who supported it, to go fuck themselves. stupid motherfuckers. and no, its not Vick's fault...community service, tops.

MosesGuthrie
01-30-2009, 04:52 PM
no kidding. plenty of people don't even go to jail for rape and drunk driving. do any of these fucking nut jobs realize what they've done to Michael Vick?

i'd like to take this opportunity to tell those responsible for Vick's current situation, and those who supported it, to go fuck themselves. stupid motherfuckers. and no, its not Vick's fault...community service, tops.

Hmm, judging by this post, apparently you can type with a dick in your mouth.

samikeyp
01-30-2009, 05:38 PM
I am curious to see if an NFL team takes a chance on him.

If they do, would they owe Atlanta compensation or was he outright released?

johngateswhiteley
02-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Hmm, judging by this post, apparently you can type with a dick in your mouth.

hmm, judging by this post, you don't have much perspective in this life. i wish you some in the next.

gaKNOW!blee
02-02-2009, 08:50 PM

How is it not Vicks fault exactly? People FORCED him to act illegaly?

johngateswhiteley
02-03-2009, 02:10 AM
How is it not Vicks fault exactly? People FORCED him to act illegaly?

you're missing the point. is he to blame for his actions? yes. is he to blame for the current severity of his situation? no.

its one of the most ridiculous things i have seen in quite some time...and so many don't even realize.

i wonder if people know the word...disproportionate.

The Franchise
02-08-2009, 11:36 AM

How?

The Franchise
02-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Just pointing out the fallacy of the logic that because a guy has lost a lot, that is punishment enough.

No it's punishment enough because his punishment grossly outweighed his crime.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-08-2009, 01:34 PM
You trashy Southern pieces of shit advocating dog fighting/killing saying it's ok are really fuckin retarded.......and you fucks wonder why it's called "The dirty South", it's because every other part of the country views dog fighting as sick and inhumane.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-08-2009, 01:36 PM

Yeah executing innocent dogs by means of drowning, electrocuting, choking, and strangling doesn't deserve 2 years in jail.....southern idiot.

The Franchise
02-08-2009, 11:45 PM
Yeah executing innocent dogs by means of drowning, electrocuting, choking, and strangling doesn't deserve 2 years in jail.....southern idiot.
You forgot about losing 100 million dollars. For that kind of money he should have killed 1000 more of the filthy mongrels.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-09-2009, 05:37 PM
You forgot about losing 100 million dollars. For that kind of money he should have killed 1000 more of the filthy mongrels.

You act like there some sort of joy in killing helpless animals.....you are one filthy Southern piece of trash.

The Franchise
02-10-2009, 03:45 PM
You act like there some sort of joy in killing helpless animals.....you are one filthy Southern piece of trash. You don't have to get so emotional about it madam. Nobody said what he did was a ok. I also agree he should have been punished, but the mans life was pretty much ruined behind killing two dogs. The guys that were actually doing most of the killing didn't even get the punishment Vick received because they made him the scapegoat. I think the message could have been sent without the man having to go to jail and possibly losing his career in football. If you can't understand what I'm trying to say, then you are obviously putting the dogs life ahead of the humans.

peewee's lovechild
02-10-2009, 04:50 PM
you're missing the point. is he to blame for his actions? yes. is he to blame for the current severity of his situation? no.

its one of the most ridiculous things i have seen in quite some time...and so many don't even realize.

i wonder if people know the word...disproportionate.

So, if you own a dog, I can go and kill the shit out of it and you'd be okay with it as long as I get a municipal slap on the wrist?

samikeyp
02-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Michael Vick put himself in position to get all that he received. I don't feel sorry for the dude. He had money, fame and an NFL career and he chose to piss it all away. It's not about loving or not loving dogs, its about one man's judgement and choices.

mardigan
02-10-2009, 05:01 PM
So, if you own a dog, I can go and kill the shit out of it and you'd be okay with it as long as I get a municipal slap on the wrist?

:lol
Slap on the wrist? Seriously?
You guys should all start a club to bring down cock-fighting in America if saving animals is so important to all of you. Or maybe go and try and save the greyhounds, they get fucked just as hard.That shit is everywhere. I don't agree with what Vick did either, but if that had been Kerry Collins he wouldn't have gotten near the same punishment. He grew up in an enviroment where it was deemed acceptable. Yes he should have realized his stature and gotten rid of all traces of his past, but he fucked up. I don't really mind him losing all his money, but 2 years is wayyyy to long. I can't wait to see him back in the NFL.

peewee's lovechild
02-10-2009, 05:05 PM
You guys should all start a club to bring down cock-fighting in America if saving animals is so important to all of you. Or maybe go and try and save the greyhounds, they get fucked just as hard.That shit is everywhere. I don't agree with what Vick did either, but if that had been Kerry Collins he wouldn't have gotten near the same punishment. He grew up in an enviroment where it was deemed acceptable. Yes he should have realized his stature and gotten rid of all traces of his past, but he fucked up. I don't really mind him losing all his money, but 2 years is wayyyy to long. I can't wait to see him back in the NFL.

You obviously didn't understand my post. So, I'll just leave it at that.

peewee's lovechild
02-10-2009, 05:07 PM
By the way, Kerry Collins lost his starting job because of alcohol related incidents and what not. So, you're comparison is retarded.

If you're trying to make this a racial argument, you should've gone with Phil Simms. That boy is snow white.

samikeyp

I disagree that its a race thing. People have soft spots for animals. Combine that with a desire to make an example out of an athlete for doing wrong...it was a perfect storm working against him.

peewee's lovechild
But, then again, Phil Simms killing dogs would've shocked everyone. So, you wouldn't have a point there either.

mardigan
02-10-2009, 05:11 PM
By the way, Kerry Collins lost his starting job because of alcohol related incidents and what not. So, you're comparison is retarded.

If you're trying to make this a racial argument, you should've gone with Phil Simms. That boy is snow white.

Cedric Benson got cut before he was even found guilty for his dui. Collins just lost his starting job. Yea, he sure got punished.

peewee's lovechild
02-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Bottom line, he killed dogs.

Killing dogs is against the law. Fighting dogs until they die to make a buck is against the law.

Sure, athletes have beat the shit out of thier women before, and there's laws to protect these women, but none of those athletes forced their women to fight other women so they could make money out of it. And, they didn't torture said women if they were to lose a fight.

Actually, that proposition sounds pretty interesting, but that's neither here nor there.

Vick provided the house for his peeps to do the dog fighting. He attended these dog fights. He approved of the killing of these dogs. He took part in these killings.

There is a law about that. And, he chose to ignore it.

He landed in jail because he was a dumbass and he deserves every bit of it. I don't feel sorry for him at all.

samikeyp
02-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Cedric Benson got cut before he was even found guilty for his dui. Collins just lost his starting job. Yea, he sure got punished.

That's not a black/white thing. That's a quarterback thing. QB's almost always get better treatment.

peewee's lovechild
02-10-2009, 05:14 PM

I'm sure the NFL hates black people. That's why they're under represented in the NFL. NFL execs try to makes sure black folk never have any success at all.

As a matter of fact, America hates black people. That's why they make laws about killing dogs. America wants to keep black people down. That's why we'll never see a black President because America hates black folk so much.

peewee's lovechild
02-10-2009, 05:15 PM
And, Cedric Benson is a no talent piece of shit.

Meanwhile, pot head Ricky Williams has gotten chance after chance and is doing pretty good the last we saw.

So, your point is well made.

mardigan
02-10-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm sure the NFL hates black people. That's why they're under represented in the NFL. NFL execs try to makes sure black folk never have any success at all.

As a matter of fact, America hates black people. That's why they make laws about killing dogs. America wants to keep black people down. That's why we'll never see a black President because America hates black folk so much.

Glad to see you make that jump. That was quite epic.

mardigan
02-10-2009, 05:16 PM
And, Cedric Benson is a no talent piece of shit.

Meanwhile, pot head Ricky Williams has gotten chance after chance and is doing pretty good the last we saw.

So, your point is well made.

Lost all his money, owes the Phins like 8 mil still, and got to spend a lovely season in Canada. The American dream!

peewee's lovechild
02-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Glad to see you make that jump. That was quite epic.

Your logic is priceless.

It should be taught alongside Greek Logic.

There should be Greek Philosophy/Logic 101 and Mardigan Logic 101 in every 4 year University in the U.S.

peewee's lovechild
02-10-2009, 05:18 PM
Lost all his money, owes the Phins like 8 mil still, and got to spend a lovely season in Canada. The American dream!

Is he still playing in the NFL?

Did he get any warnings as to what would happen to him if he were to get caught again? Is he still getting paid?

Last anyone heard, the answer is "yes" to all those questions.

peewee's lovechild
02-10-2009, 05:19 PM
LT snorted up a country's worth of cocaine and what not . . . the fucker is a Hall of Famer.

Yea, the NFL hates him.

peewee's lovechild
02-10-2009, 05:19 PM
Ray Lewis probably killed someone, now he's set to become one of the highest paid linebackers in the league.

mardigan
02-10-2009, 05:20 PM
Your logic is priceless.

It should be taught alongside Greek Logic.

There should be Greek Philosophy/Logic 101 and Mardigan Logic 101 in every 4 year University in the U.S.
I have been up for 36 straight hours, not all of the lines on the map are leading me back home at the moment.

peewee's lovechild
02-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Pacman got chance after chance and the Cowboys even picked him up. He only got a 1 year suspension for his possible involvement in the someone's DEATH, and that was after the fact that he went to a titty bar AFTER the Comish told him not to do any of that shit.

Matter of fact, he can still play ball with any team this coming season.

Yea, the NFL hates black folk.

peewee's lovechild
02-10-2009, 05:22 PM
I could go on, but I'm bored now.

K-State Spur
02-13-2009, 12:09 PM

terrible comparison. if benson had ever averaged 4 yards per carry in chicago, he'd have kept his job.

there's a sliding scale of how good a player is vs. how much the organization is willing to put up with.

forget football, that's true at EVERY company. you're top salesman can get away with a lot more than the janitor.

K-State Spur
02-13-2009, 12:18 PM

If they gave him a punishment that you would have been happy with, it wouldn't have served as any kind of a deterrent for the crime. Yes, he was made an example of - because somebody needed to be made an example of. This crap has gone on for too long unpunished.

Nobody's saying that anyone has to love dogs. Nobody is saying that anyone has to own dogs. The only thing here is that you're not allowed to torture and fight them for your own sick amusement.

And there is a HIGH correlation between those who abuse animals and those who will abuse people. So if you need a better reason than the welfare of the animals to enforce this law - there you go. People who use creativity to torture and kill dogs (you dogs were screaming during some of these executions) are displaying high levels of sociopathy and an inability to feel empathy for others.

Our society values canines as workers, guards, even life-savers, and companions. You got a problem with that, try to change the rules - but you're in a vast minority.

johngateswhiteley
02-17-2009, 03:38 AM

at least.

johngateswhiteley
02-17-2009, 03:43 AM

thats not what was happening...it can't be compared. that being said, i'll go ahead and answer that stupid question.

i would want to know the entire situation, all the variables if you will. but, if i had a dog and you killed it randomly...i would kick the crap out of you and be upset. after that...i'd probably get a new one. but no way you deserve jail time...an ass kicking and perhaps a fine at most. another thing i just have to say, there isn't much risk of someone killing another person's dog if the owner is properly taking care of it...period.

horrible comparison.

johngateswhiteley
02-17-2009, 03:46 AM
And there is a HIGH correlation between those who abuse animals and those who will abuse people. So if you need a better reason than the welfare of the animals to enforce this law - there you go. People who use creativity to torture and kill dogs (you dogs were screaming during some of these executions) are displaying high levels of sociopathy and an inability to feel empathy for others.

no. its not difficult to differentiate between humans and other animals.

K-State Spur
02-17-2009, 02:35 PM
thats not what was happening...it can't be compared. that being said, i'll go ahead and answer that stupid question.

these rings steal household pets to use as "bait" dogs. how is that not comparable?

as for your 'ass kicking and a fine' punishment - i agree wholeheartedly - and that's what Vick got. an ass raping and a million dollar fine.

when i was younger, we had a puppy who was killed because some asshole tossed a piece of poisoned meat in the backyard. would you say that we didn't take care of that dog? i'll tell you this, if i ever found out who that asshole was, i'd be the one going to prison.

K-State Spur
02-17-2009, 02:47 PM
no. its not difficult to differentiate between humans and other animals.

who said anything about an inability to differentiate? it's not about an inability to differentiate.

people who can torture animals show a lack of empathy - a sign of a sociopath. people who enjoy watching animals suffer are much less likely to have any level of compassion for their fellow man. that doesn't mean that they'll automatically become murderers, but they don't possess some of the psychological barriers towards taking a life that most of us were born with.

there are literally hundreds of psychological studies that back this up. an unsettling large percentage of murderers, rapists, and serial killers began with animal cruelty. but whatever, you're smarter.

johngateswhiteley
02-17-2009, 03:54 PM
these rings steal household pets to use as "bait" dogs. how is that not comparable?

as for your 'ass kicking and a fine' punishment - i agree wholeheartedly - and that's what Vick got. an ass raping and a million dollar fine.

when i was younger, we had a puppy who was killed because some asshole tossed a piece of poisoned meat in the backyard. would you say that we didn't take care of that dog? i'll tell you this, if i ever found out who that asshole was, i'd be the one going to prison.

1) i have yet to see any evidence that Michael Vick's dog fighting ring stole household pets. though, i heard they picked up some loose dogs...thats hardly taking care of your animal

* on a side - has there been any other case where people got so many facts wrong. further, what the hell are the facts of the case? lol, nobody seems to have taken the time to read the full report

2) you picked, perhaps, the one example that defies the logic, "if you take care of your pet and are responsible...harm will not follow." but to be fair, i still don't know all the variables of that case and its still highly unlikely

3) what happened to vick was not just

johngateswhiteley
02-17-2009, 04:10 PM
who said anything about an inability to differentiate? it's not about an inability to differentiate.

people who can torture animals show a lack of empathy - a sign of a sociopath. people who enjoy watching animals suffer are much less likely to have any level of compassion for their fellow man. that doesn't mean that they'll automatically become murderers, but they don't possess some of the psychological barriers towards taking a life that most of us were born with.

first of all, we are talking about Michael Vick and his case and punishment. second, any case involving this type of situation would have to be dealt with on an individual basis. that being said, sure, i could see how some might graduate from animal cruelty to lack of human compassion and i know what type of studies and cases you are referring. but, i can also see how there would be no connection whatsoever and bringing that into michael vick's situation is irrelevant. what criminal background does he have? michael vick isn't hurting other people. he fought and tortured some dogs...dogs...not humans. dogs. a man's freedom is worth much more than some dogs livelihood.

are you getting too caught up in the sentimental side of things?

FromWayDowntown
02-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Vick's punishment is on the low end of the punishments available for the crime to which he pled guilty. And his sentence was increased by his own unwillingness to cooperate with investigators insofar as he at least misrepresented his participation in some of the activities and may have overtly lied to investigators -- he did, after all, fail a lie detector test after his plea and before his sentencing. He also didn't help his cause by lying about drug use -- a fact corroborated by a failed drug test.

For a crime -- and the law defines Vick's conduct as a crime -- that carries a 60 month maximum sentence, Vick was in line to get a very light sentence. He has himself -- and only himself -- to blame for the fact that he's been in prison for as long as this.

I happen to think the punishment fits the crime. I'm inclined to think that instead of arguing that Vick should have gotten less time because of the punishments in cases involving harm to humans, the better argument is that those who are convicted of causing harm to humans should get stiffer sentences.

Frankly, I think our civilized society is becoming more and more desensitized to barbarism and needless violence. The indifference to Vick's conduct strikes me as a manifestation of that -- as does the indifference to the violence that humans visit upon each other. Vick's sentence won't change it, but it did at least slow the erosion for a moment in time.

K-State Spur
02-17-2009, 06:00 PM
he fought and tortured some dogs...dogs...not humans. dogs. a man's freedom is worth much more than some dogs livelihood.

that's a fucking ridiculous argument. i could say that a man's freedom is worth more than $10,000. but if i break into your house and steal $10,000 from you, I'm going to jail for a long time.

let's not pretend that this case has put dogs on the same level as people. if michael vick and tortured and killed human beings, he never would have seen the light of day again. as it is, he lost one year of his life and a boatload of money.

as i said, we live in a society where dogs are revered as workers, helpers, and friends. many people depend on dogs for their livelihood and you don't have to search too hard to find a story of a dog saving a person's life. the average dog treats people better than the average person does.

nobody's saying that anyone has to have a dog. nobody's saying that you have to love dogs. the only thing the law says is that you can't torture and/or kill them for your own sick amusement. Evidently, that was just too hard for Michael Vick not to do. he put himself in this situation. he WILLFULLY broke the law. bad things happen when you do that.

if you want to argue a case that's unjust, let's talk about Marcus Dixon or Timothy Cole. Michael Vick got off easy.

FromWayDowntown
02-17-2009, 06:02 PM
if you want to argue a case that's unjust, let's talk about Marcus Dixon or Timothy Cole. Michael Vick got off easy.

That's exactly right.

johngateswhiteley
02-17-2009, 07:43 PM
Vick's punishment is on the low end of the punishments available for the crime to which he pled guilty. And his sentence was increased by his own unwillingness to cooperate with investigators insofar as he at least misrepresented his participation in some of the activities and may have overtly lied to investigators -- he did, after all, fail a lie detector test after his plea and before his sentencing. He also didn't help his cause by lying about drug use -- a fact corroborated by a failed drug test.

For a crime -- and the law defines Vick's conduct as a crime -- that carries a 60 month maximum sentence, Vick was in line to get a very light sentence. He has himself -- and only himself -- to blame for the fact that he's been in prison for as long as this.

I happen to think the punishment fits the crime. I'm inclined to think that instead of arguing that Vick should have gotten less time because of the punishments in cases involving harm to humans, the better argument is that those who are convicted of causing harm to humans should get stiffer sentences.

Frankly, I think our civilized society is becoming more and more desensitized to barbarism and needless violence. The indifference to Vick's conduct strikes me as a manifestation of that -- as does the indifference to the violence that humans visit upon each other. Vick's sentence won't change it, but it did at least slow the erosion for a moment in time.

i'm aware it could have been much worse, that doesn't mean it should have been or that he got off light. any system that causes a man to lose significant amounts of money (proportionately speaking) and get 2 years in prison for fighting and maybe torturing some dogs is fucked. thats how i feel and its never going to change.

are you referring to him lying about marijuana use?

actually, i tend to agree with your last sentiments, but thats b/c men in this country have become huge babies and the news is completely depressing.

BUMP
02-17-2009, 07:47 PM
Adolf Vick?

johngateswhiteley
02-17-2009, 07:48 PM
that's a fucking ridiculous argument. i could say that a man's freedom is worth more than $10,000. but if i break into your house and steal $10,000 from you, I'm going to jail for a long time.

let's not pretend that this case has put dogs on the same level as people. if michael vick and tortured and killed human beings, he never would have seen the light of day again. as it is, he lost one year of his life and a boatload of money.

as i said, we live in a society where dogs are revered as workers, helpers, and friends. many people depend on dogs for their livelihood and you don't have to search too hard to find a story of a dog saving a person's life. the average dog treats people better than the average person does.

nobody's saying that anyone has to have a dog. nobody's saying that you have to love dogs. the only thing the law says is that you can't torture and/or kill them for your own sick amusement. Evidently, that was just too hard for Michael Vick not to do. he put himself in this situation. he WILLFULLY broke the law. bad things happen when you do that.

1) i like animals, i like dogs, i like cats even more...but i also know their place in this life

2) your counter argument was ridiculous and completely different. you are breaking into someones house, possibly encountering them, possibly putting them or yourself in danger, and robbing them...much worse, imo

K-State Spur
02-17-2009, 07:58 PM
2) your counter argument was ridiculous and completely different. you are breaking into someones house, possibly encountering them, possibly putting them or yourself in danger, and robbing them...much worse, imo

how about raiding pension funds then? no risk of bodily danger in that. still talking about $ vs. a man's freedom.

while it is true that some people got off too easily for that, there are many others than are serving long sentences. which is obviously ridiculous according to you - a man's freedom is worth more than a few thousand dollars a year...

that argument sucks. pick another one.

K-State Spur
02-17-2009, 08:02 PM
1) i like animals, i like dogs, i like cats even more...but i also know their place in this life

which you could argue is to serve mankind. what it's not is to suffer for the sick enjoyment of a few twisted individuals. ANYBODY who enjoys that sort of thing has a few wires crossed upstairs.

i'm not the bleeding heart that i'm probably coming across as - but dogfighting is COMPLETELY unnecessary (let alone the creative executions that Vick and his cronies participated in). it is very very very easy not to engage in this activity.

jack sommerset
02-17-2009, 08:03 PM
Saw today the 49ers might give him a shot. Good fit,Vick is used to cock now.

johngateswhiteley
02-17-2009, 08:30 PM
how about raiding pension funds then? no risk of bodily danger in that. still talking about $ vs. a man's freedom.

while it is true that some people got off too easily for that, there are many others than are serving long sentences. which is obviously ridiculous according to you - a man's freedom is worth more than a few thousand dollars a year...

that argument sucks. pick another one.

you're the one who put a price tag on it and used a poor example...not me. as for raiding pension funds, again, that is much different. you're robbing humans of their hard earned money. for the most part, money is needed to live.

johngateswhiteley
02-17-2009, 08:31 PM
which you could argue is to serve mankind. what it's not is to suffer for the sick enjoyment of a few twisted individuals. ANYBODY who enjoys that sort of thing has a few wires crossed upstairs.

i'm not the bleeding heart that i'm probably coming across as - but dogfighting is COMPLETELY unnecessary (let alone the creative executions that Vick and his cronies participated in). it is very very very easy not to engage in this activity.

1) not necessarily

2) i could enjoy a good dog fight, ever watched a bear fight a puma?

FromWayDowntown
02-17-2009, 09:22 PM
are you referring to him lying about marijuana use?

Yes, and between his refusal to admit to having participated in the killing and his overt lying about drug use between the time of his plea and the time of his sentencing, he could well have doubled the sentence.

It's not like Mike Vick is some saint whose been wrongly persecuted here. He's a guy who broke a law -- and knew he was breaking a law, given the lengths he and his colleagues went to in order to keep their conduct surreptitious -- and then compounded his own mistake by lying at least twice to federal agents.

The length of his sentence is directly proportional to his own stupidity.

johngateswhiteley
02-17-2009, 09:33 PM
Yes, and between his refusal to admit to having participated in the killing and his overt lying about drug use between the time of his plea and the time of his sentencing, he could well have doubled the sentence.

It's not like Mike Vick is some saint whose been wrongly persecuted here. He's a guy who broke a law -- and knew he was breaking a law, given the lengths he and his colleagues went to in order to keep their conduct surreptitious -- and then compounded his own mistake by lying at least twice to federal agents.

The length of his sentence is directly proportional to his own stupidity.

1) i thought so, just making sure. personally, i don't give a shit about the weed...everyone's grandma does pot. as for the lying, i understand it b/c weed is treated wrongly in this country. further, you know how i feel about the dog fighting, so though i think its wrong he lied, but, again, i understand

2) vick is not a saint, he broke the law and he deserves to be punished...but not like this

K-State Spur
02-17-2009, 09:35 PM
1) not necessarily

2) i could enjoy a good dog fight, ever watched a bear fight a puma?

nah, i stand fully behind that statement. people who enjoy dogfights have a some mental deficiencies that most people weren't born with.

Baseline
02-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Michael Vick is in prison, and Kobe Bryant is a hero to millions of kids around the world.

Okay, whatever you say, Mr. Stern.

johngateswhiteley
02-18-2009, 05:09 AM
Michael Vick is in prison, and Kobe Bryant is a hero to millions of kids around the world.

Okay, whatever you say, Mr. Stern.

thats another thing that kills me. not that kobe actually raped anyone (i have no idea), but we can't get actual rapists behind bars...bank robbers, shit you name it. i'd rather every dog in the world be wiped off the face of the earth than the next girl get raped/rapist get away...provided it wasn't prevented.