PDA

View Full Version : Plop, Plop, Fizz, Fizz, oh what a relief it is!

balli
12-12-2008, 01:10 AM
Favorite OTC painkiller?

In spite of the Jazz win I got a splitting headache. I think I'll go with the Alka-Seltzer tonight. And some late night coffee. Nothing kicks a headache's ass like caffeine.

Anti.Hero
12-12-2008, 01:16 AM
Tylenol, Extra Strength Adult Rapid Blast Cherry flavor liquid lmao

Take a couple swigs and give it 5 minutes. I guarantee it will completely knock out your headache.

balli
12-12-2008, 01:21 AM
Take a couple swigs and give it 5 minutes. I guarantee it will completely knock out your headache.
Any medicine with Rapid Blast in the name has to be good. :lol

I really don't know wtf I was thinking posting this poll in such a hardcore Tussin fiend forum. Consider the "other" option to count as Tussin abuse.

ShoogarBear
12-12-2008, 02:05 AM
Do people actually know what the title of this thread means?

ShoogarBear
12-12-2008, 02:06 AM
I used to use the occasional ibuprofen for creaky old-man knees, but it started giving me wicked heartburn. Got a script for Celebrex and now I'm good to go. Except for the upcoming heart attack, of course.

Capt Bringdown
12-12-2008, 02:23 AM
Nothing kicks a headache's ass like caffeine.

Try a BC powder. Combination caffeine and aspirin. I read somewhere that caffeine enhances aspirin's pain relieving effects and is therefore in a lot of aspirin preparations.

Here in Thailand, I take Norgesic, which is available OTC. Combination aspirin/caffeine and orphenadrine, a muscle relaxant. Very nice.

balli
12-12-2008, 02:54 AM
Combination aspirin/caffeine and orphenadrine, a muscle relaxant. Very nice.
Coincidental you say that because I happened to pop a couple Flexeril (muscle relaxers) along with my alka-seltzer and it's working nicely. :smokin

Doubt it.
rxYRhnBzp8U

CuckingFunt
12-12-2008, 04:13 AM
This jingle will be in my head for days now.

Oh, and ibuprofen for me.

SpursWoman
12-12-2008, 08:19 AM
Advil Liqui-Gels work pretty quickly ...

I haven't seen that yet ... I'll have to try that. :)

stretch
12-12-2008, 09:15 AM

:lmao @ your sig. i totally had a typo in that quote. i believe i meant to say insecure. oh well.

mexicanjunior
12-12-2008, 10:46 AM
Advil Migraine...

AlamoSpursFan
12-12-2008, 11:54 AM

"I can't believe I ate the WHOLE thing!"

:lol

[/dating myself]

AlamoSpursFan
12-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Try a BC powder. Combination caffeine and aspirin. I read somewhere that caffeine enhances aspirin's pain relieving effects and is therefore in a lot of aspirin preparations.

Or these:

http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/10166/200.jpg

Aspirin, Acetominaphin (or however you spell it), and caffeine. Murder on the kidneys, but headache? What headache?

The orange ones kick ass, IMO.

tlongII
12-12-2008, 03:20 PM
I used to use the occasional ibuprofen for creaky old-man knees, but it started giving me wicked heartburn. Got a script for Celebrex and now I'm good to go. Except for the upcoming heart attack, of course.

Let me know if you hear about any correlation between Celebrex and heart attacks. I take one every morning. Best invention ever! With the exception of the heart attack of course.

E20
12-12-2008, 03:33 PM
I don't take anything. I'm too badass.

_so eMo i'm dEAd_:(
12-12-2008, 03:58 PM
http://www.stopmotionworks.com/articles/exacto.jpg

ShoogarBear
12-12-2008, 11:46 PM
:lmao @ your sig. i totally had a typo in that quote. i believe i meant to say insecure. oh well.

:lol Dude, I've only had that in my sig since about 25 seconds after you typed it, and you're just now noticing it?

Anyway, with the typo, it stands as about the emo-est thing ever put on this board.

ShoogarBear
12-12-2008, 11:50 PM
Let me know if you hear about any correlation between Celebrex and heart attacks. I take one every morning. Best invention ever! With the exception of the heart attack of course.

Oh, I'm pretty sure they will eventually find it increases coronary risk, if just slightly. Just like I'm sure that the data for frequent chronic use of ibuprofen and naproxen will also eventually show slight increased risk. All of the medications work in about the same mechanism, so there no apparent physiological reason why one should increase risk and not the others.

I only use about 1-2 a week, though.

stretch
12-15-2008, 02:24 PM
:lol Dude, I've only had that in my sig since about 25 seconds after you typed it, and you're just now noticing it?

lol i usually dont pay much attention to sigs, unless its a picture.

Anyway, with the typo, it stands as about the emo-est thing ever put on this board.

:lol

I Love Me Some Me
12-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Tylenol is worthless for me. I might as well swallow two plain M&Ms for the same effect.

Motrin...

lefty
12-15-2008, 11:57 PM
The thread title is misleading.

I thought it was thread about masturbation.