PDA

View Full Version : Tonight, 8 PM, ESPN2/ESPN360.com

ClingingMars
12-12-2008, 02:02 PM
be sure to catch the JMU DUKES in action in the REAL College Football playoffs as they take on the Montana Grizzlies in the FCS Semi-finals tonight at Bridgeforth Stadium.

Hell, who knows, you might see me on TV ;)

-Mars

johngateswhiteley
12-12-2008, 07:51 PM
i was going to post about this...watching it with some friends. should be a great game.

ClingingMars
12-13-2008, 12:36 AM
Well, Landers got hurt...and more mistakes than I've seen all year. It just wasn't our night :( oh well. the way Dudzik played, the future looks bright.

-Mars

johngateswhiteley
12-13-2008, 12:45 AM
Well, Landers got hurt...and more mistakes than I've seen all year. It just wasn't our night :( oh well. the way Dudzik played, the future looks bright.

-Mars

two things:

1) Montana never should have given up that big lead

2) it was a sloppy game for JMU, but Montana does that to everyone. i've never seen a more scrappy team in my entire life...i've seen them win so many games against teams where they were outclassed

...but, good for the Missoula team. good on them.

ClingingMars
12-13-2008, 12:58 AM
two things:

1) Montana never should have given up that big lead

2) it was a sloppy game for JMU, but Montana does that to everyone. i've never seen a more scrappy team in my entire life...i've seen them win so many games against teams where they were outclassed

...but, good for the Missoula team. good on them.

yeah it almost looked like ANOTHER JMU comeback.

we've been scrappy too this season, but i don't think we outclassed them. I personally think we were even if we had Rodney.

-Mars

johngateswhiteley
12-13-2008, 06:21 AM
we've been scrappy too this season, but i don't think we outclassed them. I personally think we were even if we had Rodney.

-Mars

i was speaking in generalities. i've seen the Griz win so many games they should have lost or were outclassed in its nuts. but, it was a fun game to watch and Missoula is going nuts. i think Richmond wins tomorrow.

ClingingMars
12-13-2008, 11:28 AM
i was speaking in generalities. i've seen the Griz win so many games they should have lost or were outclassed in its nuts. but, it was a fun game to watch and Missoula is going nuts. i think Richmond wins tomorrow.

yeah, let's say we manage to come back AND win it in overtime? If we don't have Landers against Richmond, we get blown out of Chattanooga.

-Mars

j-6
12-13-2008, 11:46 AM
Montana played 12 regular season games and will play in their fourth playoff game on December 20th for the lower-tier subdivision national championship.

OU played 12 regular season games, and if you include the Big 12 title game as a playoff, will have their second postseason game on January 8th for the upper-tier subdivision championship.

Montana also started their season a week later than OU.

Granted, the playoffs started Thanksgiving weekend and that was still in the regular season for the Big 12, but basically the point remains that the entire FCS playoff is finished the same day the very first FBS horseshit.com bowl game is played.

(Interesting: the FCS/I-AA plays their title game in Chattanooga, TN. OU started their season playing Chattanooga and Montana is finishing their season there.)

johngateswhiteley
12-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Montana played 12 regular season games and will play in their fourth playoff game on December 20th for the lower-tier subdivision national championship.

OU played 12 regular season games, and if you include the Big 12 title game as a playoff, will have their second postseason game on January 8th for the upper-tier subdivision championship.

Montana also started their season a week later than OU.

Granted, the playoffs started Thanksgiving weekend and that was still in the regular season for the Big 12, but basically the point remains that the entire FCS playoff is finished the same day the very first FBS horseshit.com bowl game is played.

(Interesting: the FCS/I-AA plays their title game in Chattanooga, TN. OU started their season playing Chattanooga and Montana is finishing their season there.)

you are just all over it my friend.

ClingingMars
12-13-2008, 11:11 PM
rumor has it that Montana purposely tried to injure Landers...if this is true...i hope those fuckers get blown outta 'nooga

-Mars

johngateswhiteley
12-14-2008, 12:06 AM
rumor has it that Montana purposely tried to injure Landers...if this is true...i hope those fuckers get blown outta 'nooga

-MArs

i seriously doubt that. as it looks right now, i think Montana will beat richmond...but the spiders are tough.