PDA

View Full Version : Mock Sucks, but Young is Black Jesus

Patrick Davis
08-31-2003, 11:39 PM
After watching the UT game. I must say. Vince Young should be the starter and Mock should never be allowed to play quarterback again. Young lead the team in rushing and had 2 touchdowns and his only pass was complete for around 50 yards. Young is scary good. If Mock is still the starter after this showing, Brown really is crazy. Loyalty is good, but winning is better.

TheCat5
08-31-2003, 11:47 PM
Mock played well too - he overthrew a couple of guys early on, but he really got it going late. That pass to Roy in the second half was outstanding, and he didn't make any mistakes.

that being said, Vincent Young is the greatest freak of nature I've seen since Michael Vick. It's insane. There's no way he can be kept on the bench.

Patrick Davis
09-01-2003, 04:38 AM
mocks recievers made him look good, both touchdown passes to williams were horrible.

SAmikeyp
09-01-2003, 01:01 PM
Mock started the season....I can really see Young finishing it.

KoriEllis
09-01-2003, 03:20 PM
Texas Football :sleep

Longhorn E
09-01-2003, 08:09 PM
"Vince Young should be the starter and Mock should never be allowed to play quarterback again."
With the exception of the part about VYoung being the starter, this comment has to be the most ludicrous I've EVER read in ANY sports forum, newspaper, magazine, etc. !!!!!:drunk
Taking into consideration that this was the initial game of the infantile season, CMock played sufficient enough to "GUIDE" his team to a victory, and when you look back at the three National Championships that THE UNIVERSITY of TEXAS LONGHORNS have won, they accomplished their missions with nothing less than an average QB !!!:sleepy
The majority of their accomplishments, during those campaigns were completed, now listen closely, so that I DON'T have to repeat myself ...
AS A T-E-A-M !!!!!!!!:shock
In 1963, TEXAS was guided by Duke Carlisle to their first National Championship.
In 1969, James Street was the "Field General" to lead TEXAS to their second trophy .
And, in 1970, the signal-caller was Eddie Phillips, and of these three, neither went on to gain ANY kind of post-season awards !!!:wtf
ALL they can "Lay Claim" to was the glory of being able to "Lead Their Team To The Promised Land !!!"
They simply did what they were supposed to do, and that was to get the ball into the hands of the young men that completed the task at hand, or in other words ...
GET THE BALL OVER THE GOAL LINE !!!:next3

Patrick Davis
09-01-2003, 09:42 PM
ok, I'm a longhorns fan. have been my whole life. Mock was horrible. I expect great quartebacks. We are always a top 10 school. I expect at least a top 20 qb, Young is. Mock isn't top 50. The guy has no vision in the pocket. He can't run, and he has no accuracy. first quarter we had NO POINTS against NEW MEXICO STATE. His first actual gain came from a pass interference where he threw a bad pass into triple coverage. Both of his touchdowns were underthrown to Williams and Roy is a big enough bad ass to make up for it. Mock is the NCAA Quincy Carter. No vision, poor decision making, and can only run for a few yards.

Longhorn E
09-01-2003, 10:45 PM
PDavis ...
So am I, a Longhorn Fans ALL my existence on this planet, but, in ALL honesty, what do you expect for the first game, COMPLETE & TOTAL PERFECTION ?!?!??!:Q
I, would MUCH RATHER have them start off the way they did, and then realize that there are areas where they need to work on, than have them start off the season "Clicking On All Cylinders", and maybe somewhere towards then end of this campaign, realize that there are problems that cannot be "Worked On" with the amount of time remaining in the season !!!
What I liked hearing this morning (on the sports talk shows in Austin) was that, even though they won "Convincingly", there STILL needs to be an enourmous amount of work involved to "Get Where They Want To Be !!!!":music
What is encouraging, though is that all phases of the game, i.e. offense, defense & special teams had an impressive contribution to the outcome of this first game of the 2003-2004 football season, and when there comes that time, and beleive me, IT WILL PRESENT ITSELF, either the offense, defense or the special teams has that "Bad Game", I beleive that the other teams can, AND WILL make up for the deficiency !!!!!!8)

Patrick Davis
09-02-2003, 12:00 AM
UT looked great. Special teams was awesome. Defense was awesome. Offense was awesome. quarterback was crap. I didn't expect perfection, But i expected Mock to be decent. He threw about 2 good passes all game. He also made lots of bad decisions. If you have to work with inexperience, put in the far superior physically qb.

Longhorn E
09-02-2003, 02:13 AM
I'll agree with one of your views ...
Special teams WAS awesome, however, defense NEEDS work, more specifically, RUN defense !!!
Pass defense played extremely well, considering this was the first game, but for the run defense to give up 150 yards, on 55 carries, well that simply is entirely TOO MUCH !!!
Now, for the pass defense to ONLY allow 75 yards, on 8 completions of 15 attempts, with 3 picks, and this being the 1st game, NOW, that's nothing short of ...
IMPRESSIVE !!!!:shock
And as far as your criticism of Mock, come on now !!!:wtf
For him to complete 7 of 15 passes, for 156 yards, with 2 TDs, and NO INTs, and this is the 1st game of the new season, how many "BAD" decisions are we talking about, here ?!?!?!?!:rolleyes
As I said before, this IS the first game, and there IS some considerable room for improvement, so come on, cut the guy some slack, now !!!!!
At least he's showing some mobility, by rolling out of the pocket, and that's far from what the previous QB was able to exhibit !!!!:shootme
ALL I'm asking is to give the guy some time !!!
Vince Young's time WILL come, and when the right time presents itself, I'm sure the coaches will make the correct decision !!!
After all, that's why they're down there, on the sidelines, and WE'RE in the stands, or watching the game on "The Idiot Box" !!!!:wink
They're getting compensated, and rather handsomely, I might add, to make these decisions !!!!:spin

travis2
09-02-2003, 08:28 AM
Texas Football :sleep

Awwww, Kori...you're just jealous because you don't have a real team to follow...:lol

Patrick Davis
09-02-2003, 02:27 PM
Mock has no vision, he throws to the reciever he picked in the huddle every time

Mock has limited mobility, he can evade rushes coming at him from the front to avoid losing yards, but not gain any

Mock has poor accuracy, all his recievers have to hange direction off the pattern to catch the ball

Mock can't read defenses, a good quarterback needs to be able to audible at the line

Mock does have an arm, he can throw it far, but who knows to where.

on the other hand

Young's vision made sure he didn't get sacked, granted he only threw one pass.

Young has better mobility than most rb's, he got a first down almost every time he got rushed.

Young underthrew his one pass. Need more pases to be sure.

Young needs to learn how to read defenses. He ran many pass plays when the defense oppened up to come with an outside blitz.

Young has a cannon and he has the build to put more distance in the off-season.

Judging by this breakdown, all mock can do is launch a ball, works for Roy Williams, but I'd like to see more.

Young has more weapons, although he does have his faults.

Mock has around 2 quarters more experience than Young in NCAA playing time. Now is the time to switch QB's. With Mock, we have a huge disadvantage going into the k state and oklahoma games. with Mock defenses can focus in on stopping Benson. With Young they have to worry about Benson, Young throwing, Young running and even a deadly option.

Longhorn E
09-02-2003, 07:47 PM
ALL I can say to this most recent post is it's people like this & the media, OF COURSE that create the term,
"QUARTERBACK CONTROVERSY" !?!?!??!?!
It's the people that sit in their recliners, and watch the game on TV, instead of actually going to, NOT ONLY THE GAMES, BUT THE PRACTICES that are the most critical, and the most obnoxious, when it comes to assessing the blame for whatever goes wrong during the course of the contest !!!
But, when EVERYTHING goes right, and the end result is, not only A victory, but several "Quality" Ws, boy, do they need a rubber lower lip, as they have a tendency to want to chew right throught it !?!?!??!?!:lol

Patrick Davis
09-02-2003, 08:16 PM
I have a day job and can't go to practices, and I watch all the games, and try to go to as many as I can. I didn't say contreversy because there shouldn't be one. We have the top highschool recruit, and were wasting his eligibility on this very substandard QB. I don't know why you love Mock so much. He didn't show anything to me. He came out against a very bad team and did nothing all game. He played at Simms choke level the entire game. All I heard was good things about Mock coming into the season, and now I feel everyone is not willing to go back on their assesment of him after one game. We have three more games to get everything together. Both QB's have no real experience. Give Young the experience, he is the weapon we need to actually win something this year. Mock is just another average QB. Simms was good and he couldn't beat OK, we need something new.

Longhorn E
09-02-2003, 09:54 PM
I have a "Day Job" as well, but when time permits, I "Make" the time to travel the 75 miles to watch a work-out, or two, or three, etc.
What WE see, during these practices are two VERY competent, highly talented, and contrary to your opinions, HIGHLY INTELLIGENT QBs, that complement each other, and support each other, as "TEAM MATES" SHOULD !!!!:)
They don't point fingers at each other, when one makes a mistake, and start running to Coach Brown crying that he should be playing !!!
It's very evident, that when they're on the sidelines, either during breaks, or during the game, Saturday, they're talking with each other, and giving each other advice on what they're seeing during the course of the game !!!
I don't know about you, or ANY other "Fan" looking for one QB's errors, or the other, but what I see when these two athletes are between plays, reps, etc., I VERY MUCH APPRECIATE, AS TEAM MEMBERS !!!!:shootme
As far as "Loving" CMock, I find that comment highly to the , not necessarily contrary, but maybe about 90 degrees to the opposite, and by that I mean that I see what Mock "Brings To The Table", and even though I agree that VYoung WILL be the much more superior athlete playing at that position, I don't think that Young should be thrown into "The DEEP End", so soon !!!
Let him increase his PT, with each game, and however the cards may fall, then let them fall !!!!
P.S. I'll make you an "Offer You Can't Refuse"
If your schedule permits, and your interested (also if I can get my schedule re-arranged) for the next home game, against U of Arkansas, on Saturday, 13 Sept, I'll either let you know where we "Tail-Gate" for the game, and you can either follow me up there, meet us there, and then we'll find the tickets right before the game (usually right in front of either Schulz's Beer Garden, or in front of D.K.R. Memorial Stadium, and after this second game, if you STILL believe that CMock is such a bad QB, then I'll refund you price of the ticket !!!!:shock
Let me know if it's do-able !!!!8)

Patrick Davis
09-03-2003, 01:31 AM
I'm not doubting your knowledge, I know you know your football. I am trying to get tickets to the next game, but if I can't, I will still watch Mock play. I will let you know if I see any improvement. I am not hating on him for any reason except from what I saw, his substandard play. Practice is much easier to read defenses, because you see the same players everyday, and you know the defense. I'm just saying, we have 3 games to get ready for K State. Mock gives us no edge, Young does. Neither guy has any experience really, so play Young. I will report to you how Mock looks next Sunday.

Rabel 13
09-03-2003, 08:56 PM
Young is not ready to be the full time starter yet.

Maybe later this season....

or next year....

or the year after...

But not yet. Remember he did all of his damage when the game was already decided.

Patrick Davis
09-04-2003, 02:15 PM
The whole point is Mock isn't any better. And Mock has no ingame experience either. I agree we sit Young for Simms, but Mock is just another white boy. We need Young to have an edge.

MissAllThat
09-06-2003, 01:58 AM
I don't like Mock. I hope Mack benches his ugly ass.

Patrick Davis
09-13-2003, 04:38 PM
after game 2. I fully stand with my statement. We suck. Our defense needs a LOT of work. BUT, at quarterback we don't stand a chance with that piece of crap starting.

Longhorn E
09-13-2003, 09:50 PM
G**DAMN, PDavis ?!?!?!?
ALL CMock did today was throw 21 completions, out of 40 attempts, for 265 YDs, with 3TDs, and NO INTs ?!?!?!??!?!?!
Whatever the name is of last year's QB, I think it was Chris, I forgot, already, anyway, he would ...
GIVE BOTH HIS RIGHT & LEFT NUTS to have gone 2 games w/o a single pick !!!!!
H*LL, after last week, in the N.F.L., BFavre, TBrady, and DMcNabb, probabyl wish they were in Mock's shoes, and had thrown for Z-E-R-O INTs, after two games !!!!
NO, the real blame for today's debacle SHOULD go to one ...
CARL REESE, DEFENSIVE? COORDINATOR !!!!
ALL Arkansas did today was rush 60X, for 265 YDs, while TEXAS RBs accumulated a GRAND TOTAL of 62 YDs on 29 carries !?!?!?!?
The total offense for both squads was as follows :
Arkansas ..... 438 YDs
TEXAS ........ 326 YDs ?!?!?!??!?!?
And allow me to throw this in to throw salt on the wound, TEXAS fumbled 3 times, losing all three, while The Razorbacks never fumbled, NOT ONCE !!!!!
NO, you need to re-evaluate today's game, and assess the blame to those responsible !

IcemanCometh
09-13-2003, 09:53 PM
I'm hoping the Legislature will defer proceedings on redistricting and instead take up legislation to make it a felony for the University of Texas to EVER run the following fucking plays again:

- The handoff to TJ

- That abortion of a play that we apparently call an "option." (Is that the worst option play you've ever seen in your life?)

- Any zone play - inside or stretch. I have never seen a team **** up zone blocking to a greater degree than us. It's really quite impressive.

- Any tunnel, throwback, or bubble screen or hitch or flare or whatever dink play we run when we want gain minimal or negative yardage.

Patrick Davis
09-13-2003, 11:38 PM
Why do you like this guy. His inability to read defenses and throw good passes lets defenses play man. that leaves a lot of men to stop Benson. Yes the coaching sucks, Yes the Defense sucks. But it all starts when the opposing team doesn't fear your qb. He sucks, we will continue to have a horrible season with this punk playing. Bench him before we become a joke.

travis2
09-14-2003, 10:12 AM
:rolleyes

Super B2000
09-15-2003, 11:58 AM
"Mock Sucks, but Young is Black Jesus"

That's an overreaction if I've ever heard one. What does Jesus have to do with Football?

SAmikeyp
09-15-2003, 01:35 PM
never heard of Notre Dame, eh? :p