PDA

View Full Version : Bradford will win the Heisman

word
12-13-2008, 11:02 AM
He was 1 vote behind McCoy with about 90% of the votes caste yesterday. My guess is he'll make up the difference. Tebow was a close 3rd but they didn't say how close. What's his name was a distant 4th...

J.T.
12-13-2008, 12:08 PM
Good, let that indian bitch get the Heisman curse. He's going to be a bigger NFL failure than Colt McCoy. A Heisman will just seal the deal for him.

dirk4mvp
12-13-2008, 12:11 PM
I'd rather they give the award to ducks than Tim Tebow's overrated ass.

j-6
12-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Good, let that indian bitch get the Heisman curse. He's going to be a bigger NFL failure than Colt McCoy. A Heisman will just seal the deal for him.

If he wins, Bradford's mom better send a huge bouquet to both Rhett Bomar and Big Red Sports and Imports. Without Bomar's hasty departure, Bradford's captaining the Sooner golf team.

Texas Chili Dog
12-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Matt Stafford is a better NFL caliber QB than any of them. That is a fact.

leemajors
12-13-2008, 01:16 PM

good, he can win the best future NFL QB award then. he has no shot at the heisman.

word
12-13-2008, 01:34 PM
This is where it stands. You can also see why Harrell wasn't invited.

Looks like Bradford.

http://www.stiffarmtrophy.com/

Cant_Be_Faded
12-13-2008, 01:34 PM
If he wins, Bradford's mom better send a huge bouquet to both Rhett Bomar and Big Red Sports and Imports. Without Bomar's hasty departure, Bradford's captaining the Sooner golf team.

Isn't it funny how OU actually benefitted from cheating, and their fortunes pretty much improved in every way? Reason no. 21321 that fucking God seems to be an OU fan.

Texas Chili Dog
12-13-2008, 01:35 PM
good, he can win the best future NFL QB award then. he has no shot at the heisman.

hey, I never said he had a shot at the Heisman. He doesn't put up the kind of stats the others do. But he'll be the one making the big bucks with the kind of arm he has. :toast

johngateswhiteley
12-13-2008, 02:23 PM
1. i would give the heisman to Bradford this year, with McCoy a close second

2. imo, Bradford has the best NFL potential of all the QBs in CFB

...so i think it worked out the way it should have.

doobs
12-13-2008, 02:23 PM

Are you a victim of the "Stafford Effect"?

doobs
12-13-2008, 02:25 PM
1. i would give the heisman to Bradford this year, with McCoy a close second

2. imo, Bradford has the best NFL potential of all the QBs in CFB

...so i think it worked out the way it should have.

What about Mark "Therapist" Sachez?

johngateswhiteley
12-13-2008, 02:32 PM
What about Mark "Therapist" Sachez?

nah, i'm real disappointed in his play this year. he's been pretty good at times, but way to inconsistent. when he is playing well i believe SC is the best team in the nation, when he isn't they are probably around 5-7th.

i think penn state will give SC all they can handle if Sanchez isn't sharp...otherwise the Trojans roll.

pkbpkb81
12-13-2008, 02:33 PM

wow you hit a new low with that one.

johngateswhiteley
12-13-2008, 02:38 PM
hey, I never said he had a shot at the Heisman. He doesn't put up the kind of stats the others do. But he'll be the one making the big bucks with the kind of arm he has. :toast

Bradford has a great arm.

IronMexican
12-13-2008, 03:01 PM
Bradford will be selected over Stafford. Staff can't hit a touch pass.

J.T.
12-13-2008, 03:14 PM
wow you hit a new low with that one.

You're right, I should've said Native American. Either way, I don't really care what you say about me. You calling me low is the equivalent of a beggar calling me an asshole because I refused to give him a dollar.

word
12-13-2008, 03:15 PM
And dats da' name a dat tune.

j-6
12-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Isn't it funny how OU actually benefitted from cheating, and their fortunes pretty much improved in every way? Reason no. 21321 that fucking God seems to be an OU fan.

Due to the divisional logjam, I watched way more OU football this year than I ever have before. Bradford makes that offense better. He dances around a bit like Romo does but he can make all the tough throws, a pretty quick release, he's smart, and he has great field vision. There's no way Bomar could have done the job Bradford has. If I had one knock against him, besides his choice of university, it's that he needs to bulk up. He's already no threat to run. I don't know what he is listed at but I'm guessing he is about 6'4" and weighs about 205.

johngateswhiteley
12-13-2008, 03:23 PM
Due to the divisional logjam, I watched way more OU football this year than I ever have before. Bradford makes that offense better. He dances around a bit like Romo does but he can make all the tough throws, a pretty quick release, he's smart, and he has great field vision. There's no way Bomar could have done the job Bradford has. If I had one knock against him, besides his choice of university, it's that he needs to bulk up. He's already no threat to run. I don't know what he is listed at but I'm guessing he is about 6'4" and weighs about 205.

he's the best QB in CFB, imo.

pkbpkb81
12-13-2008, 04:13 PM
You're right, I should've said Native American. Either way, I don't really care what you say about me. You calling me low is the equivalent of a beggar calling me an asshole because I refused to give him a dollar.

Thats good cause i thaink your a pice of shit, I would love to see you one time in the real worls i would bet anything you dont run your mounth like that when your face to face with someone.

j-6
12-13-2008, 04:29 PM
Thats good cause i thaink your a pice of shit, I would love to see you one time in the real worls i would bet anything you dont run your mounth like that when your face to face with someone.

Ever been in a sports bar?

J.T.
12-13-2008, 05:03 PM

I bet you I would talk massive amounts of shit to your face when it comes to UT and OU. You want to talk politics, music, weather, news... maybe I'll back off and be civil but when it comes to sports rivalries I take no prisoners.

MajorMike
12-13-2008, 08:04 PM
7 of 8 of the writers at SI who had a vote voted McCoy over Bradford.

DMX7
12-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Yeah, none of them are going to be great NFL QBs but that's not what the Heisman is about.

samikeyp
12-13-2008, 10:19 PM
nah, i'm real disappointed in his play this year. he's been pretty good at times, but way to inconsistent. when he is playing well i believe SC is the best team in the nation, when he isn't they are probably around 5-7th.

i think penn state will give SC all they can handle if Sanchez isn't sharp...otherwise the Trojans roll.

Bingo. SC might hang 50 on the Joepa's.

K-State Spur
12-14-2008, 01:15 AM
Most interesting part of the whole ceremony - Billy Sims embarrassing himself

Texas Chili Dog
12-14-2008, 04:13 AM
Are you a victim of the "Stafford Effect"?

Nope, I have been a fan of Georgia since way before Stafford came around to Highland Park, and then UGA. Him going there was just icing on the cake since I had seen him play some in high school. And no, I did not go to HP, but I did attend the state championship game he won. I just think he has the most NFL upside to him, that is all.

That being said, this thread is not about Stafford, so I will leave it at that. All hate for OU aside, Bradford was the most deserving of the Heisman, IMO. Congrats to him!

J.T.
12-14-2008, 02:51 PM
Bradford won the Heisman so if I were a betting man now would be the time to bet your 401K on Florida.

Spurtacus
12-14-2008, 07:00 PM
Welcome to NFL bust!

BCS and Heisman are both a joke now.

stretch
12-14-2008, 07:58 PM
personally, i like bradford. i think he will be a very good NFL QB. he has great vision and reads defenses very well.

im glad tebow didnt win it. that guy just has an aura of a douchey meathead.

IronMexican
12-14-2008, 08:08 PM
I can guarantee you that Bradford will be better than McCoy, Dynasty. I wonder who will draft him. If the Lions pass on him, the Rams and Bengals both have QB's as do the Raiders. Chiefs look content with Thigpen, so he would slip even further in the draft. I would love Oakland to trade down and get some picks if anyone wants Bradford in the top 5.

Spurtacus
12-14-2008, 09:04 PM
I can guarantee you that Bradford will be better than McCoy, Dynasty. I wonder who will draft him. If the Lions pass on him, the Rams and Bengals both have QB's as do the Raiders. Chiefs look content with Thigpen, so he would slip even further in the draft. I would love Oakland to trade down and get some picks if anyone wants Bradford in the top 5.

Are you sure Bradford will even come out? If he has a great championship game (Vince Young) it will be more likely that he does. Right now, I don't see it.

P.S. I'll try to remember your guarantee! :)

IronMexican
12-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Are you sure Bradford will even come out? If he has a great championship game (Vince Young) it will be more likely that he does. Right now, I don't see it.

P.S. I'll try to remember your guarantee! :)

Yeah, this isn't a thread we can bump in one, or evem two years. I will see if I remember like 3 years from now:toast. Hopefully USC will be finishing off a 3 peat by then:hat Bradford would be the #1 QB taken, so it would be smart. Next year he is likely to compete with Mark Sanchez and other QB's.

pkbpkb81
12-14-2008, 10:18 PM
Bradford won the Heisman so if I were a betting man now would be the time to bet your 401K on Florida.

recent history says your right about that, but ou's d-line is very underated and i think they can stop uf's run and make tebow beat us with his arm which i dont believe he can. The other thing is can uf's d stop ou enough to keep up with them point wise i know they have a good d but they havent seen a team with this many weapons.