PDA

View Full Version : Hawks 97, Cavs 92

SpursDynasty
12-13-2008, 09:47 PM
Good job Atlanta for just going out there and proving to the league that Cleveland can't beat anyone other than cupcake teams. Their 4 losses: Detroit, Boston, New Orleans, and now Atlanta. No surprise that the 4 losses were to competitive teams.

Look at their recent win streak and that is probably the least impressive 11 game win streak in NBA history. It must have been so hard to beat the 76ers twice, Raptors, Bobcats, Pacers, Knicks, Bucks, Warriors, Thunder, and Knicks. The only quality win in that streak was Atlanta, but they beat you guys tonight and prevented you from setting a franchise record. Haha, what now LeBron? Aren't you the MVP this year?

Reck
12-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Rare good post by SD.:toast

DrHouse
12-13-2008, 09:52 PM
The most alarming thing I saw was Lebron James refusing to take the last shot tie the game. He kept passing it out.

Jordan and Kobe would never do such a thing.

Armando
12-13-2008, 09:52 PM
:toast

Armando
12-13-2008, 09:54 PM
The most alarming thing I saw was Lebron James refusing to take the last shot tie the game. He kept passing it out.

He played right into the Hawk's hands. Anyteam would love to see West take a last shot then James.

Reck
12-13-2008, 09:56 PM

I bet you that now teams will take notice of this. They'll make Lebron's head explode with the pressure. lol

balli
12-13-2008, 09:58 PM

He was probably shook from when Smith swatted the shit out of him during the previous Cav's possession.

Armando
12-13-2008, 09:58 PM
I bet you that now teams will take notice of this. They'll make Lebron's head explode with the pressure. lol

Is like watching Game 7 in Boston all over again where he missed critical freethrows.

Armando
12-13-2008, 09:59 PM
He was probably shook from when Smith swatted the shit out of him during the previous Cav's possession.

That was great and by the way it was West who had his shot swatted all the way to Macon.

pawe
12-13-2008, 10:01 PM
Lebron doesnt have Kobe's killer instincts. Not only is he black marking his reputation but he's shooting down his team's confidence. Lebron is the leader in Cleveland but he fails to deliver.

Thunder Dan
12-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Cavs beat the Hawks already this year....they beat the cavs and now they are good, but if the cavs win they suck. Gotta love spursdynastys goggles

balli
12-13-2008, 10:10 PM
That was great and by the way it was West who had his shot swatted all the way to Macon.
Didn't he get LeBron on the same possession, right before swatting West?
Shit, I guess not. I just checked the play by play chart and I guess I thought LeBron's kickout was a blocked shot. What game was I watching? :smokin

But yeah, West got tossed up.

Armando
12-13-2008, 10:10 PM
Didn't he get LeBron on the same possession, right before swatting West?
Shit, I guess not. I just checked the play by play chart and I guess I thought LeBron's kickout was a blocked shot. What game was I watching? :smokin

But yeah, West got tossed up.

He did? I must have missed that play.

balli
12-13-2008, 10:11 PM
He did? I must have missed that play.
Nah. I was just mistaken somehow.

bostonguy
12-13-2008, 10:15 PM
Eh streaks are made to be broken. Celts will probably end Monday or Wed. The Cavs showed they are literally 1 more scoring bigman away from being true elites. If Z is still their only scoring bigman after the deadline, Ferry deserves to get fired. Big Ben and Sideshow Bob just arent enough. The Cavs are just 1 move away and they have the pieces to do something.

Armando
12-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Eh streaks are made to be broken. Celts will probably end Monday or Wed. The Cavs showed they are literally 1 more scoring bigman away from being true elites. If Z is still their only scoring bigman after the deadline, Ferry deserves to get fired. Big Ben and Sideshow Bob just arent enough. The Cavs are just 1 move away and they have the pieces to do something.

It will be great to see the Celtics still have thier streak going into the Hawks game. That arena is going to be crazy.

balli
12-13-2008, 10:19 PM

Too bad it's Boozer who would make the most sense for them. :lmao

Armando
12-13-2008, 10:20 PM

Brad Miller will be a good fit I would think for them. You saw tonight Ben Wallace on 2 possessions either blew a wide open layup or pass out when he had an easy dunk.

bostonguy
12-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Brad Miller will be a good fit I would think for them. You saw tonight Ben Wallace on 2 possessions either blew a wide open layup or pass out when he had an easy dunk.

Brad Miller could work. They will have some options. A washed up Ben Wallace as their starting 4 isnt exactly a good thing. I expect them to fix that issue before the deadline.

bostonguy
12-13-2008, 10:25 PM
It will be great to see the Celtics still have thier streak going into the Hawks game. That arena is going to be crazy.

If we get past Utah Monday, the Hawks are going to end the streak for sure. They will come out wanting that game more especially since it is against the defending champions in their own house. Hell id be shocked if it wasnt playoff like atmosphere at that arena.

Lp26
12-13-2008, 10:26 PM
When the Cavs beat the Hawks earlier this year, weren't they w/o JSmith ?

If we get past Utah Monday, the Hawks are going to end the streak for sure. They will come out wanting that game more especially since it is against the defending champions in their own house. Hell id be shocked if it wasnt playoff like atmosphere at that arena.

Considering they almost beat you at home w/o Smith, i have to agree. They get up for BOS.

Armando
12-13-2008, 10:27 PM

I believe so but still the game was in Cleveland chances are the Hawks still would have had an L.

Armando
12-13-2008, 10:29 PM

Considering they almost beat you at home w/o Smith, i have to agree. They get up for BOS.

Every team should get up for Boston they are the Champs hell even OKC played one of thier best games vs the Celtics.

Chieflion
12-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Talking about OKC, they are tied with the Mavs at 91 now with 4 min+ in the 4th remaining.

balli
12-13-2008, 10:37 PM
Talking about OKC, they are tied with the Mavs at 91 now with 4 min+ in the 4th remaining.

Considering I'm too pissed to watch the Jazz right now, thanks for the heads-up.

dirk4mvp
12-13-2008, 10:39 PM
Kobe would never do such a thing.

Are you fucking crazy?

Obstructed_View
12-13-2008, 10:40 PM
Second thread by the OP about the Cavs today? Methinks thou dost protest too much.

dirk4mvp
12-13-2008, 10:40 PM

Myself, nor any other mavfans are surprised.

mystargtr34
12-13-2008, 10:41 PM
Cavs were missing their 15-8 Center.

resistanze
12-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Are you fucking crazy?
Must have became a fan AFTER that Game 7 against the Suns back in 2005.

Armando
12-13-2008, 10:48 PM

1st round Memphis
2nd Dallas
WCF- San Antonio

balli
12-13-2008, 10:50 PM

People love to slam Kobe with that, but his teammates deserved it. They just didn't even come close to showing up after Kobe killed himself for the first 6 games. I mean, I vividly remember being literally shocked by how shitty the Lakers supporting cast was through the first two quarters of that game. If I were Kobe, I'd of quit too. His teammates, all of them, didn't even want to compete. In a game 7? Fuck em'.

resistanze
12-13-2008, 10:53 PM
People love to slam Kobe with that, but his teammates deserved it. They just didn't even come close to showing up after Kobe killed himself for the first 6 games. I mean, I vividly remember being literally shocked by how shitty the Lakers supporting cast was through the first two quarters of that game. If I were Kobe, I'd of quit too. His teammates, all of them, didn't even want to compete. In a game 7? Fuck em'.
I think it was because they simply sucked balls. Why would they decide to stop competing after 6 games? They sucked and were playing over their heads for most of that series. I felt it was unfair to criticize Kobe during those years. But to criticize LeBron and say "Kobe would never do that" is dumb IMO.

Armando
12-13-2008, 10:55 PM

Is says alot of Kobe's will that he took that Lakers team to the playoffs and a Game 7 in Phoenix. How many teams can go 7 games with that Suns team with Smush Parker as your starting point guard?

balli
12-13-2008, 10:55 PM
But to criticize LeBron and say "Kobe would never do that" is dumb IMO.
+1

Is says alot of Kobe's will that he took that Lakers team to the playoffs and a Game 7 in Phoenix. How many teams can go 7 games with that Suns team with Smush Parker as your starting point guard?
Yeah. What I remember from that series is what happened in games 1-6, which were amazing, not game 7.

DrHouse
12-13-2008, 11:17 PM
They were literally a Tim Thomas 3pt shot away from the 2nd round, which they could have won against the Clipps. It would have been a bloodbath at the WCF though...

All I'm saying is that Kobe has never in his life been scared of taking the last shot. He will take the criticism if he screws up because he can handle it. Jordan was the same way.

Kobe™
12-13-2008, 11:43 PM
That game 6 game is up there with game 4 from last year