PDA

View Full Version : Now that the Malik is traded...

usckk
02-25-2005, 06:33 AM
who's going to be the first bigman off the bench. Mohammed most definently will not be the first, since he has no clue what our offense and defense is like. Further, Horry is still quite banged up. Does this mean T Mass is our only Bigman off the bench?

Brodels
02-25-2005, 06:42 AM
No, it probably means that Nazr will come in and be thrown to the Wolves early. He's going to have to play to learn the offense and defense, and I expect for him to get minutes right away.

If Horry is really hurt, there is no question that Nazr will be first off the bench. He's more useful than Massenburg. If he can get out there and rebound and defend a little, he shouldn't hurt the team too much and he'll be well on his way.

GrandeDavid
02-25-2005, 07:12 AM
Nazr will get minutes almost immediately, I think. He's not a rookie, not a point guard and is not coming over from a foreign league. He needs to learn how to block shots and fast, which hopefully Tim and Rasho can teach him to do. He's also a smart enough player, what with his UK collegiate roots and having been in the L for 8 years.

ShoogarBear
02-25-2005, 09:17 AM
I thought you were going to ask "Who do AHF and Walton have left to blame everything on"?

Jdspur20
02-25-2005, 09:54 AM
this is one negitive about mid season trades, how well will nazr respond to our system? i mean how good of a D player is he? i hope things work out fast, one things for sure is that pop will make sure he understands everything.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-25-2005, 10:24 AM
he has been int he league 8 years? Then wtf is everyone talking about him in terms of the amazing potential they say he has? after 8 years you get what you pay for.

Hook Dem
02-25-2005, 10:25 AM
You know, if everyone would think about their upbringing, I'm sure they didn't think their parents were very smart in making decisions. With a little hind sight, we can all see that we didn't know as much as we thought we did. A family is not exactly a democracy either. Right or wrong, someone has to make the decisions for the good of the family and not everyone is going to agree with them. Some decisions are made for financial reasons and others are made for whatever reasons but it usually turns out for the good of the family. I don't think anyone respected Malik more than I but I will reserve judgement until I see the results. I think there is an awful lot of knee jerking reaction going on in this forum by self made experts and they need to settle down if they are indeed
"true fans". It is okay to have an opinion but to proclaim this as the end of the world is far fetched. I know there will be those that do not agree with me but thats okay too. The sun will rise tomorrow by popular demand and life will go on.

T Park
02-25-2005, 10:31 AM
after 8 years you get what you pay for.

uh he was 19 when he came in.

Get rid of your hate R2D.