PDA

View Full Version : How is Kurt Thomas Looking?

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-14-2008, 12:10 PM
How is he looking this season? I know he was injured earlier, is he back and contributing?

Will he stick around with the rise of new superstar Bonner? :lol

Juanobili
12-14-2008, 12:28 PM
He's doing aight

SenorSpur
12-14-2008, 12:43 PM
At the start of the season, he looked DONE. I understand he was slowed due to a preseason injury. Now healthy, he's taken one leg out of the grave and has started to play a bit better in a limited role. He's proven he can still bang around and get some boards on occasion. However, he's lost much of his lateral quickness and isn't the superb post defender he once was. Also, his signature baseline jumper has been inconsistent, at best.

At this point, I'm afraid this is about as good as it will get for him. It's a far cry in production from what one would've expected, having given up a 1st round pick for him. Personally, I would have rather had the pick, but that's just me.

NFGIII
12-14-2008, 02:03 PM
At the start of the season, he looked DONE. I understand he was slowed due to a preseason injury. Now healthy, he's taken one leg out of the grave and has started to play a bit better in a limited role. He's proven he can still bang around and get some boards on occasion. However, he's lost much of his lateral quickness and isn't the superb post defender he once was. Also, his signature baseline jumper has been inconsistent, at best.

At this point, I'm afraid this is about as good as it will get for him. It's a far cry in production from what one would've expected, having given up a 1st round pick for him. Personally, I would have rather had the pick, but that's just me.

I concur - especailly the 1st round pick that it took to get him. He wont be playing against teams that go small but seems to be contributing to the team lately. If he primarily rebounds and plays good post D I'd be happy with him. He can hit that 12 -15 foot J at times but I woiuld consider that an added bonus.

tmtcsc
12-14-2008, 10:05 PM
He's not made an impact whatsoever to this point. Perhaps he'll get it together soon.

12-14-2008, 10:11 PM
he'll get it together by the playoffs. popovich is monitoring his minutes to make sure thomas is ready. i'm pretty confident thomas is just pulling a horry, taking the regular season slow to save energy for the playoffs.

MarHill
12-14-2008, 10:17 PM
He has looked decent in the last couple games. I hope he can helps us later in the season and definitely in the playoffs.

raspsa
12-15-2008, 12:30 AM
Gotta cut him some slack.. changing diapers in the middle of the night can throw him off his game..

DROB4EVER
12-15-2008, 12:31 AM
He looks like a pile of crap! Has done nothing but steal money with his buddy Oberto this year!

T Park
12-15-2008, 01:12 AM
I'd say its still too early to say that he will be worthless for the playoffs.

But thats the Spurstalk way...

peskypesky
12-15-2008, 02:32 AM
Kurt Thomas was my favorite Knick for years and I had high hopes for him as a Spur. But honestly, he looks like dog crap.

timtonymanu
12-15-2008, 02:40 AM
i honestly had high hopes for him coming into the season since he did well for us last year in the playoffs. but i forgot he was old and he's showing it this year. i agree that he has improved after looking like a rotten corpse at the beginning of the season, but he's also been inconsistent.

Austin_Toros
12-15-2008, 02:42 AM
he's slowing down badly and hardly playing any minutes at times
hopefully he'll go to make way for mahinmi in the future

Capt Bringdown
12-15-2008, 07:17 AM
He is the "perfect Spur" because he has "gotten over HIMSELF" ...

He is also over in the Talent, department as well.. Nine months from now...he wont be on the roster...and the spurs would have lost a first round draft pick...

Ouch...yup, that wasn't a bright move. But I don't think he's going anywhere. What's our options, unless we give up a quality player?

timvp
12-15-2008, 07:19 AM
Thomas has looked a lot better recently. Started off the season really slow but now he's pretty useful.

Luckily it looks like this year's draft sucks so that first round pick might not hurt too badly.

mrspurs
12-15-2008, 09:53 AM
He looks like when we signed him. Like total crap. Like Ian a waste of time and space.

I Love Me Some Me
12-15-2008, 09:54 AM
Cross-eyed?

Capt Bringdown
12-16-2008, 04:32 AM
I don't the Celtics would've won the title last year without PJ Brown going crazy in a coupla games. I hope Thomas can have a similar impact, but I just don't see it. I feel like when he's on the floor the Spurs are playing 4 on 5. He just doesn't make basketball plays.

mrspurs
12-16-2008, 09:52 AM
I don't the Celtics would've won the title last year without PJ Brown going crazy in a coupla games. I hope Thomas can have a similar impact, but I just don't see it. I feel like when he's on the floor the Spurs are playing 4 on 5. He just doesn't make basketball plays.

4 on 5 is just about right. And its like that when Fab is on the floor as well. At least Matt even though he should be playing Small Forward, can score points with his big body. With Matt on the floor its at least 5 on 5.

wildbill2u
12-16-2008, 12:12 PM
Since the 2005-06 season his stats have dropped like a rock, from mildly OK double digit points to about half that. He only has one year (2004-05) with double digit rebounds (10) and since coming to SA in 2007-08 his rebound average is about 4pg.

Another 'wily' veteran that Pop rescued to prolong his career.

superbigtime
12-16-2008, 02:42 PM
He is the "perfect Spur" because he has "gotten over HIMSELF" ...

He is also over in the Talent, department as well.. Nine months from now...he wont be on the roster...and the spurs would have lost a first round draft pick...

probably in the top five worst moves in Pop's Tenure with the spurs...

Right up there with nick van exel. Oh, and the Spurs are on the hook for next year as well. Awesome.

Yuixafun
12-16-2008, 03:11 PM
He looks like a pile of crap! Has done nothing but steal money with his buddy Oberto this year!

Tell us how you really feel :lol

hater
12-16-2008, 03:30 PM
He looks like El Diablo

Solid D
12-16-2008, 03:31 PM
Obviously, according to some fans, scoring points is the most important aspect of every role player.

I agree that Thomas has improved his play since he's gotten healthier. The last 3 games, he's been real solid. He wasn't very good in his matchups against Dallas (Brandon Bass and Dirk). Kurt is there to defend, rebound and set screens....and defend. He's also there to defend, in case I didn't say that with my outside voice.

benefactor
12-16-2008, 05:48 PM
He looks like when we signed him. Like total crap. Like Ian a waste of time and space.
You must be right, because you are the undisputed authority on this.

Allanon
12-16-2008, 07:00 PM
this year's draft sucks