PDA

View Full Version : and the Rockets injuries continue

Indazone
12-14-2008, 12:39 PM
latest word Alston is out for two weeks with a tweaked hamstring. Will it never end????!!! Freaking this is what it's like being a Rockets fan. :depressed

Lets see now that makes the injuries to the Rockets look like this

Artest - slightly torn ligaments foot - injury requiring offseason surgery
T-Mac - Knee - not fully recovered
Alston - Hamstring - out two weeks
Francis - Recovering knee - not yet ready to play
Barry - Torn calf - other leg from last year
Yao - he's ok for now (keeping fingers crossed)

Oh and nice little story in the chron about Barry

Barry exhibits rare expertise

Few know about
plantaris injuries
quite like Rocket

By JONATHAN FEIGEN Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle

LOS ANGELES — Rockets guard Brent Barry did not want to become an expert on the plantaris muscle. Few do.

For most NBA players, like the majority of people of any profession, it would be like a weatherman specializing in snowstorms working in Hawaii.
Then Barry picked up a small tear in the plantaris of his right leg. Doctors began to explain the injury. And Barry unhappily was reminded of his expertise.
“They started to tell me about the plantaris,” he said. “ ‘Well, the muscle runs through...’ ”
Barry interrupted.
“I know what the muscle runs through,” he told his doctors. “I know what it connects to. I know the plantaris is only in 40 percent of the human population. Sixty percent don’t have it. It’s a muscle that is rarely used. Most common injuries occur in beach volleyball and tennis.
“They’re like, ‘So you know about it?’ ‘Yeah, I did it last year on the other leg.’ ”
Barry’s hard-earned expertise, however, could come in handy. Last season, he tried to play with the injury and picked up a much more severe tear. This season, he knew what he had done and how to avoid greater damage. He missed his seventh game Saturday and likely will be out one or two more. But he began practicing last week, joined the Rockets for their two-game road trip and believed he has made significant progress.
“Well, it’s no fun to be hurt, no matter what injury it is,” Barry said. “I just know the process it was last year to get back the first time, and then to tear the calf. That’s something I want to avoid at all costs.
“From the information I got last year and from talking to Keith (Jones, the Rockets trainer), it is a very, very common injury, mostly for tennis players. To do one, then both legs, happens quite a bit. To have it happen in one calendar year, to both legs, I guess there’s something to be said for symmetry. I’ll be balanced out.”
Barry was predisposed to the injury, and like so many things, it runs in the family. His brother Jon also tore the muscle when playing for the Rockets.
Barry has struggled most of the season, twice picking up injuries (he sprained his right thumb Nov. 12) just when he appeared to be finding his touch.

Indazone
12-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Battier finally makes it back - and now Alston goes out. NBA 2K 09 is wayyyyyy to realistic. The Rockets suck major camel A$$.

Thanks for Brent Barry guys!

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-14-2008, 12:47 PM
sorry mate. It sucks to see injuries and i know how you feel coz the Nuggets have had some horrible injuries over the years.

The Rockets will be ok though, as long as they don't beat the Nuggets :lol

NFGIII
12-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Better to have them now than later. Especially for the Spurs. Hopefully Brent can get back to his old self and contribute agianst every one but the Spurs. :smokin

As for Artest - ligaments in his foot and offseason surgery? Dude could
he blow up on you guys at anytime? Hope not but we'll see.

Seriously it really sucks to go through periods like this. Earlier in the year I was concerned with Manu and TP being out but they came back sooner than ecxpected and we are in good shape - healthwise for now.

Contending for a title is always dependent upon the health of the team - see Manu '08 playoffs. I've always thought the trainers are under appreciated. As far as I'm concerned the Spurs trainers probably don't make enough.

Timmy!
12-14-2008, 03:57 PM
For a minute there i thought I logged onto the Rockets' forum by mistake...

Buddy Holly
12-14-2008, 04:10 PM
WTF? Why is this crap here?

ducks
12-14-2008, 04:11 PM
For a minute there i thought I logged onto the Rockets' forum by mistake...

no because they are lots of want to be mods here
many here post post like this
thinking they own this site and think it should be in the other nba forum not spurs forum

ducks
12-14-2008, 04:11 PM
WTF? Why is this crap here?

another want to be mod

Buddy Holly
12-14-2008, 04:23 PM
another want to be mod

:lol I wish I could understand that.

ducks
12-14-2008, 04:32 PM
do you not know english?

Buddy Holly
12-14-2008, 04:33 PM
do you not know english?

Yeah. That's not the shit you typed. :lol

ducks
12-14-2008, 04:35 PM
another want to be mod is english

or
another person who thinks he is in charge

same thing
kids....

Behrooz24
12-14-2008, 04:36 PM
And the sky is blue.

Buddy Holly
12-14-2008, 04:37 PM
another want to be mod is english

or
another person who thinks he is in charge

same thing
kids....

Oh god.

Your parents should had never changed their minds to abort.

ducks
12-14-2008, 04:39 PM
Oh god.

Your parents should had never changed their minds to abort.

that was never an option

only stupid people kill innocent babies
my folks are smart

ClingingMars
12-14-2008, 04:50 PM
that was never an option

my folks are smart

:tu

-Mars

jag
12-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Francis might be back soon...there's a huge plus :lol

Buddy Holly
12-14-2008, 04:54 PM
that was never an option

my folks are smart

Well yeah, because a baby isn't a fetus. But why would ducks know this.

But back to the point at hand, me trying to be MOD because I point out the obvious, why is this crap posted here?

ClingingMars
12-14-2008, 05:00 PM
Francis might be back soon...there's a huge plus :lol

:lmao

hurray!!

-Mars

Indazone
12-14-2008, 05:36 PM
I posted this in the wrong forum? :huh

Well then crap, please move this into the other one where it belongs. Sorry...wasnt watching when I posted it.

Spurtacus
12-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Rockets have bad karma. Really sucks for them.