PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: The Skins suck.

MannyIsGod
12-14-2008, 04:13 PM
The 6-2 start was the mother of all head fakes and we all went flying by.

Bigzax
12-14-2008, 06:36 PM
inexcusable to lose to the bengals and the rams...

until vinny is gone. all hope is lost. http://www.extremeskins.com/images/smilies/doh.gif

K-State Spur
12-14-2008, 06:42 PM
confirmed.

we'll see on Vinny. if they stay with the plan started last offseason - he does excel at scouting young players. but if they panic and bring in every free agent they can find - it'll just be more of the same.

get an OL & LB in free agency (but don't overspend) - load up on DLs, OLs, and DBs in the draft. Getting a young RB might not be the worst idea either.

Spurtacus
12-14-2008, 06:48 PM
Say bye bye to the playoffs!

Don't worry, Cowboys and Eagles wont make it either.

Bigzax
12-14-2008, 06:56 PM
dude...watching dallas in the playoffs makes my season in times like these...

ClingingMars
12-14-2008, 08:14 PM
ROFLMAO

epic fail

-Mars

bresilhac
12-15-2008, 07:46 AM
Horrible disappointment.

Chris
12-15-2008, 07:48 AM
lol Porkskins

DannyT
12-15-2008, 12:20 PM
I relish this bitter sweet sadness...see ya next year deadskins.....we might not make it as well but atleast we are still in some sort of hunt and our defense as really stepped the fuck up as of late...sorry to say but williams at the safety was really killing us I think he is done for his career

bostonguy
12-15-2008, 01:29 PM
This was inevitable once they started 6-2. It is either start off bad and finish strong or the opposite.

MannyIsGod
12-15-2008, 01:36 PM
This year wasn't supposed to be a good year for the Skins to begin with. Everyone was surprised to see that start so I'm ok with not making the playoffs if they make improvements. They basically got carried by Portis early on, but when he got hurt they completely fell apart.

florige
12-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Jason Campbell is what is killing the Skins. What happened last year when he was injured and Todd Collins was at QB? Campbell is not the answer at QB. Take it from someone who had to sit through 5 seasons of Kyle Boller to know.

Bigzax
12-15-2008, 02:20 PM
i'm all for open qb competition, but bottom line is they are light in the ass and old on the oline and need some talent on the dline that hasn't been on dancing with the stars...

MUST KILL VINNY!!!

DBryant88
12-15-2008, 02:24 PM
I am not a 'skins fan but you guys need to cut Campbell some slack he isn't doing htat bad of a job. granted he's not playing to his full potential, but i think its because Zorn doesn't want him to make any errors. And as you can tell its not working

K-State Spur
12-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Jason Campbell is what is killing the Skins. What happened last year when he was injured and Todd Collins was at QB? Campbell is not the answer at QB. Take it from someone who had to sit through 5 seasons of Kyle Boller to know.

campbell was pretty damn good during the 6-2 start. the difference is that the line has gone to shit.

the bumps, bruises, and age have built up on the line (especially with Kendall & Jansen), and Campbell can't even get a 5 step drop without being hit (which takes its toll on his play then).

Collins is great as a back-up, but he's not starting caliber. Even last year during the winning streak, he wasn't really making plays. He was doing just enough to keep the opponent's honest, then letting Portis & the D win the game. But - thanks to injuries and other factors - Portis and the D are not capable of doing that right now.

florige
12-15-2008, 03:05 PM
campbell was pretty damn good during the 6-2 start. the difference is that the line has gone to shit.

the bumps, bruises, and age have built up on the line (especially with Kendall & Jansen), and Campbell can't even get a 5 step drop without being hit (which takes its toll on his play then).

Collins is great as a back-up, but he's not starting caliber. Even last year during the winning streak, he wasn't really making plays. He was doing just enough to keep the opponent's honest, then letting Portis & the D win the game. But - thanks to injuries and other factors - Portis and the D are not capable of doing that right now.

IDK. Campbell to me just seems too erratic on his deep throws. He does great when they have him rolling out in the pocket, but from what I've seen from him doesn't seem to be that good of a pocket passer. But I'm sure you have had more time to evaulate him than I have. I think you let him finish out the year no doubt, but I think next year you guys should have an open mini-camp/preseason including Brennen. I'm sorry, I have just never liked Campbell as a QB.

K-State Spur
12-15-2008, 05:06 PM
IDK. Campbell to me just seems too erratic on his deep throws. He does great when they have him rolling out in the pocket, but from what I've seen from him doesn't seem to be that good of a pocket passer. But I'm sure you have had more time to evaulate him than I have. I think you let him finish out the year no doubt, but I think next year you guys should have an open mini-camp/preseason including Brennen. I'm sorry, I have just never liked Campbell as a QB.

One thing that should be noted on his deep ball is that he has to make the perfect throw in order for it to be a completion (hit the guy in stride). With our midget receivers, he can't underthrow the ball and have Moss or Randle-El come back and make a play on it.

Outside of Peyton, no QB is perfect downfield. Hell, Eli consistently underthrows the deep ball, but he's got multiple WRs with the size to use their bodies to make a play.

Ideally, Thomas and Kelly will solve that problem if they come into camp healthy next year.

ClingingMars
12-15-2008, 05:22 PM
sorry to say but williams at the safety was really killing us I think he is done for his career

:depressed

he was my favorite player. those hits...some of the hardest I've ever seen

-Mars

samikeyp
12-15-2008, 05:39 PM
Skins fans, you would know this better than I would...is Colt Brennan in consideration for the QB job or is he sitting 3rd string behind Collins?

ClingingMars
12-15-2008, 06:39 PM
LOL, looking at the numbers, the skins just lost to the team who is projected to get the 4th pick in the draft :lmao

-Mars

K-State Spur
12-15-2008, 07:08 PM
Skins fans, you would know this better than I would...is Colt Brennan in consideration for the QB job or is he sitting 3rd string behind Collins?

3rd string.

although he is under consideration for the Pre-Season Hall of Fame.

florige
12-15-2008, 10:56 PM
One thing that should be noted on his deep ball is that he has to make the perfect throw in order for it to be a completion (hit the guy in stride). With our midget receivers, he can't underthrow the ball and have Moss or Randle-El come back and make a play on it.

Outside of Peyton, no QB is perfect downfield. Hell, Eli consistently underthrows the deep ball, but he's got multiple WRs with the size to use their bodies to make a play.

Ideally, Thomas and Kelly will solve that problem if they come into camp healthy next year.

Yeah you have a point about the small receivers on your team. Unfortunately the we have the same problem with Mason and Clayton. I don't know, he just doesn't show the poise in the pocket imo. But like I said, you have seen him play more than I have. I would like to see Zorn just let him go and see what happens in these last two game.

LOL, looking at the numbers, the skins just lost to the team who is projected to get the 4th pick in the draft :lmao

-Mars

True, but the Bengals have played the NFC East better than the Ravens to be honest. They nearly beat the Giants in NY. They tied Philly, and they played Dallas tough, and beat Washington with their backup QB. That team reminds me if the Ravens last season. They seem to play when they want to. How do you explain the Ravens having a 6-10 record last season , but damn near beating NE? Bottom line the Bengals are no Lions or Chiefs. They just don't have the personnel to play in the AFC North this year.