View Full Version : Curious Case of Benjamin Button

SA210
12-14-2008, 10:42 PM
Opens Christmas Day

Brad Pitt nominated for Golden Globe.

d-fll7mIkyg

atxrocker
12-15-2008, 01:55 AM
not sure where i'm at with this one. it doesn't help i've never been a cate blanchett fan. JUST found out julia ormond is also starring....

CuckingFunt
12-15-2008, 02:19 AM
After Se7en and Fight Club, it's pretty much guaranteed that a Pitt/Fincher pairing is going to get me into the theater.

SA210
12-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Opened Today! Going to see this tonight. ;)

T Park
12-25-2008, 08:46 PM
Agreed with cucking, I'm gonna see this tommarow. It looks pretty interesting.

ashbeeigh
12-25-2008, 09:05 PM
I'll wait. I saw Marley and Me instead today.

Twisted_Dawg
12-25-2008, 09:20 PM
I'll wait. I saw Marley and Me instead today.

Was it a dog.....the movie that is????

lefty
12-25-2008, 09:27 PM
I saw Brad Pitt in a little street in the Old Montreal when they were shooting the movie.

It was pretty cool

ashbeeigh
12-25-2008, 10:32 PM
Was it a dog.....the movie that is????

Marley and Me is the movie based on the book by John Grogran with Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson.

SA210
12-27-2008, 07:40 PM
I loved the film. Kinda long, but a different film in a good way. Really sad movie. :tu:tu

Fabbs
12-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Can we get a guy to weigh in?

Chick Flick?

JoeChalupa
12-28-2008, 10:12 AM
Can we get a guy to weigh in?

Chick Flick?

I don't care. I like a good movie...even chick flicks.

SA210
12-28-2008, 01:06 PM
I don't care. I like a good movie...even chick flicks.

:tu

jman3000
12-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Saw it opening night... pretty good film. Bradd Pitt has improved as an actor over the last few years and I think as he gets older and older and is no longer able to portray the "pretty boy" as well, he's going to be really extending his range.

B+

dickface
12-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Imagine Forrest Gump, except instead of being retarded he ages backwards, and instead of doing interesting things in history he does nothing interesting whatsoever for his entire life.

That's this movie.

Fabbs
12-31-2008, 09:52 AM
anyone besides Dickface?

DF you are male, correct?

TheProfessor
12-31-2008, 09:59 AM
Imagine Forrest Gump, except instead of being retarded he ages backwards, and instead of doing interesting things in history he does nothing interesting whatsoever for his entire life.

That's this movie.
Yup. Total Oscar-bait. The first five minutes were far more interesting and emotionally invested than the rest of the movie. And Pitt just does his sleepwalker's acting job from Interview with a Vampire, Meet Joe Black, etc. Much better off in eccentric character roles. Rest of the cast is pretty damn good though.

xtremesteven33
01-06-2009, 01:10 PM
the movie sucked......

so stupid. :td

G-Nob
01-06-2009, 02:37 PM
I thought it was great. The only bad part was the slow lulls the movie hit every once in a while. But I liked the story. Pitt will be nominated for an oscar for this one.

koriwhat
01-06-2009, 02:40 PM
not bad. sad movie. interesting to see pitt as a teenager though which was a bit creepy in its own digital way.

i am still perplexed as to what the message of the film was.

ClingingMars
01-06-2009, 03:09 PM

That's this movie.

xtremesteven33
01-06-2009, 03:58 PM
the movie was so stupid. I can deal with illogical movies. (Spiderman,King Kong,Cloverfield,Ironman) movies that you know couldnt be true but stay within that realm of comic book.

This movie was potrayed as a real life story of a man who turns into a baby!!! this movie was so stupid. The beginning was good but then it really got boring and was dragging on a lot of parts.

Brad Pitt did a good job but the storyline and ending was horrible. Forrest Gump was such a better movie. and thats the movie many people compare it to.

Fabbs
01-19-2009, 08:23 PM

That's this movie.

The Proffessor
Yup. Total Oscar-bait. The first five minutes were far more interesting and emotionally invested than the rest of the movie. And Pitt just does his sleepwalker's acting job from Interview with a Vampire, Meet Joe Black, etc.
Yep. Attempts to be a Forrest Gump-Fried Green Tomatoes clone. Failed miserably.

How can any of you be down with how the relationships conclude in the movie? After plodding thru an hour of boredom, finally Benjy and She are about the same age. He had been pining for her since he was 7 years old. They finally get together, frolic day and night for a couple years. Finally she gets pregnant, a year later they have a beautiful baby girl. When the girl hits one year old, Pitt says he is leaving. Bub bye. No emotion, nothing. "I'm leaving" said in worse fake Southern Retard accent then Tom Hanks as Forest. "Why" She asks!!??

"Because i dont want her to see me get young."
Oh okay, even tho you could spend about 20 more years with her, certainly parent her thru childhood, as it will be about 20 more years before you age backwards to about 20 years old, you want to abandon your baby and wife now. Real loving.

Oh but then Pitt has to come back when the girl is 12, after She (Mom Daisy) is remarried and have an adulterous night with her. Who wrote this bullshit, Anjie Joline? Oh and the baby girl never was told Benjy was her father until she was about 45 yrs old sitting at her Mom Daisys deathbed. Real openess.

I cant see how any of you, male/female loved this movie. It was a stinker.
Average at best, thats being kind.

If you do think this was so great, you would probably really like Fried Green and/or Forest Gump.

Twisted_Dawg
01-19-2009, 09:51 PM
the movie was so stupid. I can deal with illogical movies. (Spiderman,King Kong,Cloverfield,Ironman) movies that you know couldnt be true but stay within that realm of comic book.

This movie was potrayed as a real life story of a man who turns into a baby!!! this movie was so stupid. The beginning was good but then it really got boring and was dragging on a lot of parts.

Brad Pitt did a good job but the storyline and ending was horrible. Forrest Gump was such a better movie. and thats the movie many people compare it to.

I second that.