PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I am the leader of the Matt Bonner bandwagon.

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 01:22 PM
First, let me start by saying I dedicate this post to "z0sa". Actually, let me rephrase. I dedicate this post to textually obliterating "z0sa".

I was formerly known as "TheAuthority" on this board awhile ago, before I got banned for... wait, I'm not sure why I was banned. I guess the moderators had an inferiority complex.

Anyway, let the record show z0sa was on Horry's nuts along with the rest of the board. Let the record also show I was calling for Bonner to get Horry's minutes, early.

In a reply dated 09-09-2007, I wrote the following regarding Bonner:

Again, all opinions. Stats are fact. You cannot debate them. Horry was a dog all season long. Bonner was way more effective when he got his chance on the floor. Popovich was just going with reputation, clearly.

I'm not trying to discount shots he has made, but all of last season and most of the season before he's been complete garbage. It's time to move on, homers. I've seen better shooters at the YMCA.In a reply dated 9-11-2007, I wrote the following regarding Bonner:

Precisely, but... what we really should have done is rid ourselves of Horry. Bonner does the same things Horry does besides position defense/shot block, and he does them all better. Much better offensive player, and works his ass off on defense.In a reply dated 12-13-2007, I wrote the following regarding Bonner:

What I've said all along: Horry sure as hell better not take this guy's minutes. He's done.In a reply dated 12-16-2007, I wrote the following regarding Bonner:

Yeah, that Bonner guy sucks. Guy can only grab 17 rebounds. Not to mention he only got 25 points. Just terrible.In a post I wrote entitled "Duncan sits, Bonner shines, Manu plays like trash" I wrote:

I love the Matt Bonner haters. He has a game Kevin Garnett would aspire to have... and yet, people still manage to complain about something he does wrong. Excellent. Maybe it's because he has red hair? I don't know. What I do know is that I was right about him. I was particularly right about him being 10x better than Horry. Last night only confirms that. Yeah, you really believe Horry could put up 25 and 17, on 3-4 from 3? Riiight. Oh wait, Horry can block a shot every now and then! He's clearly more valuable to the team than Bonner!I will conclude with this, a post made by z0sa, the self-proclaimed 'only Bonner fan who is not a bandwagoner':

The Red Rocket: when he first arrived in San Antonio, many (including myself) were excited about the Horryish role he could bring to the team, and he proved multiple times he has the hustle to be a solid contributor, especially if he is knocking down 3pters. I will also admit I was glad they gave him a contract, although it might be biting us in the ass now, because it seemed like he had finally gotten a modicum of what our system is about.

Here's what I ask Spurfan: is this guy going to find a way back into the rotation behind Tim/Ian/KT if we resign him? Or do the spurs bring a vet like Horry back for one last swing while he and his $3 million contract rot on the end of the bench as the 5th big?

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd love to see Pop give this guy another chance.Jump back on that bandwagon, bro!

Can we say, fairweather fan? Can we say... owned?? GG -- NNEXT!

PS: Off topic, but looking back at my old posts, it's amazing how right I was most of the time and how wrong everyone else was. Ime Udoka, Matt Bonner, Robert Horry. Spot on.

SpursFanFirst
12-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Wow. There are some people on this forum desperately need love.

sandman
12-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Dude, I would tell you to get off Bonner's nutsack if it weren't so obvious that you're on your own...

z0sa
12-15-2008, 01:26 PM
someone took my homer comment to heart.

I'm sorry, it was both of us, are you happy? (even though you were NOWHERE to be seen during his doghouse days earlier this season)

Manufan909
12-15-2008, 01:28 PM
I love you, SpursFanFirst, give me a hug!!!

z0sa
Oh and, btw, all those "coulds" and "were's" had more to do with proper grammar and sentence structure.

I think the post you quoted (where I was wrong about his contract) is taken out of context. I DID think his contract fucked us up financially, it didn't, my bad. It never had anything to do with me jumping off his bandwagon, his contract's worth it by far. I just thought it messed with our ability to sign FAs.

Again, where were you when he was playing 42 seconds in 3 games? Just because you pimped Bonner this offseason means shit, I was supporting him getting signed years ago. Shouldn't you have just PM'd me or something?

duncan228
I'm not sure why I was banned.

Let's hope you've refreshed everyone's memory and history repeats itself.

hater
12-15-2008, 01:31 PM
picture of spursupremacist:

http://cornnutz.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/redneck.jpg

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 01:31 PM
someone took my homer comment to heart.

I'm sorry, it was both of us, are you happy? (even though you were NOWHERE to be seen during his doghouse days earlier this season)

Homer? How can I be a homer when I live in Ohio? That makes sense, I guess. Ohio = Texas. They are pretty close together geographically, I'll let that one slide.

And I was nowhere to be seen during his doghouse days earlier this season? I didn't know he was in any doghouse to start this year. I had no idea what the rotation was going to be. Moreover, what exactly do you call his days when Horry was taking all of his minutes? Were those 'the good days'?

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 01:32 PM

Let's hope you get a life and stop the stalker-status with Tim Duncan.

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 01:33 PM
picture of spursupremacist:

When you start posting pictures, you've already lost.

anakha
12-15-2008, 01:33 PM
I was formerly known as "TheAuthority" on this board awhile ago, before I got banned for... wait, I'm not sure why I was banned. I guess the moderators had an inferiority complex.

Getting banned from an obscure forum on the internet really isn't any sweat off my balls. This is just something I go to when I'm insanely bored. If I was banned and I cared about being banned, I'd just access the site via proxy and continue to post.

You have just been slapped with my dick on your forehead.

With gems like these, it's an absolute mystery why you got banned.

hater
12-15-2008, 01:34 PM
When you start posting pictures, you've already lost.

http://yvonnet.org/fun/arguing_on_the_internet.jpg

SpurSupremacist
With gems like these, it's an absolute mystery why you got banned.

Thanks, I laughed. Hard.

anakha
Let's hope you get a life and stop the stalker-status with Tim Duncan.

Ah, is this how you got banned in the first place?

td4mvp21
12-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Speaking of inferiority complex....

Tully365
12-15-2008, 01:36 PM
I'm not sure why I was banned.

You clearly are knowledgeable about basketball, but it might be your extremely aggressive approach that is the problem. We're not your enemies... we're just other fans of the Spurs. It might help things if you tried to be just a bit friendlier. None of us, afterall, are actually competing for jobs in the Front Office.

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Ah, is this how you got banned in the first place?

For defending myself? Perhaps.

z0sa
12-15-2008, 01:38 PM
Homer? How can I be a homer when I live in Ohio? That makes sense, I guess. Ohio = Texas. They are pretty close together geographically, I'll let that one slide.

Homer = someone who's got blinders on when it comes to his team or in this case, a certain player's potential on the team. I've been a Bonner homer forever, no one but you is denying it, and no one said you weren't one, just that I was the only one who was present during what looked like his last few minutes as a spur.

And I was nowhere to be seen during his doghouse days earlier this season? I didn't know he was in any doghouse to start this year. I had no idea what the rotation was going to be. Moreover, what exactly do you call his days when Horry was taking all of his minutes? Were those 'the good days'?

What?? He went from playing 20 minutes to not even playing in 3 games. Did you watch the games I speak of? That's the time period I was referring to as the only Bonner homer.

Again, sorry I cut you this deep, but I don't call a bunch of quotes from you and one pro-Bonner post by me as "textual obiliteration."

PS: Off topic, but looking back at my old posts, it's amazing how right I was most of the time and how wrong everyone else was. Ime Udoka, Matt Bonner, Robert Horry. Spot on.

Give yourself credit since no one else is doing it :sleep seriously, do you need a hug?

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 01:40 PM
You clearly are knowledgeable about basketball, but it might be your extremely aggressive approach that is the problem. We're not your enemies... we're just other fans of the Spurs. It might help things if you tried to be just a bit friendlier. None of us, afterall, are actually competing for jobs in the Front Office.

Is anyone really here to make friends? Honestly? Is that the theme of the board? I was assuming it was all right to be contentious here. I was assuming a message board was a good place to let your views be known.

anakha
12-15-2008, 01:40 PM
For defending myself? Perhaps.

Attacking other posters = defending yourself?

Mad Bonner
12-15-2008, 01:42 PM
First, let me start by saying I dedicate this post to "z0sa". Actually, let me rephrase. I dedicate this post to textually obliterating "z0sa".

Anyway, let the record show z0sa was on Horry's nuts along with the rest of the board. Let the record also show I was calling for Bonner to get Horry's minutes, early.

In a reply dated 09-09-2007, I wrote the following regarding Bonner:
In a reply dated 9-11-2007, I wrote the following regarding Bonner:

In a reply dated 12-13-2007, I wrote the following regarding Bonner:
In a reply dated 12-16-2007, I wrote the following regarding Bonner:
In a post I wrote entitled "Duncan sits, Bonner shines, Manu plays like trash" I wrote:
I will conclude with this, a post made by z0sa, the self-proclaimed 'only Bonner fan who is not a bandwagoner':

Jump back on that bandwagon, bro!

Can we say, fairweather fan? Can we say... owned?? GG -- NNEXT!

AAWWW SHIT! Everyone wants to ride my "red rocket" now that I am getting some minutes and putting up numbers. Getthefukkouttahere with that shit! Bitches want to lurk when I'm not doing so good and then show up once I get some PT and start showing what I have. You were banned because you are a douch you douche.

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 01:43 PM
What?? He went from playing 20 minutes to not even playing in 3 games. Did you watch the games I speak of? That's the time period I was referring to as the only Bonner homer.

And how is that any different from previous seasons? When did he ever get a chance? Was I supposed to update weekly on my disdain for Bonner not getting enough consistent playing time?

Give yourself credit since no one else is doing it :sleep seriously, do you need a hug?Why tell me to do something I've already done?

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 01:44 PM
AAWWW SHIT! Everyone wants to ride my "red rocket" now that I am getting some minutes and putting up numbers. Getthefukkouttahere with that shit! Bitches want to lurk when I'm not doing so good and then show up once I get some PT and start showing what I have. You were banned because you are a douch you douche.

The bold highlighted text sums it up for me.

Tully365
12-15-2008, 01:44 PM
Is anyone really here to make friends? Honestly? Is that the theme of the board? I was assuming it was all right to be contentious here. I was assuming a message board was a good place to let your views be known.

It's perfectly fine to be as contentious as you like. It's a free country. I just think that insulting people on a basketball forum is for the most part totally unnecessary. "Letting views be known" is not synonymous with "being contentious."

BonnerDynasty
12-15-2008, 01:45 PM
ehhhhh you need some work on your name

z0sa
12-15-2008, 01:45 PM

I was honestly hoping this guy would show up, Mad Bonner knows about the z0sa love :toast

Mad Bonner
12-15-2008, 01:48 PM
Fukk it z0sa lets go get some hookers

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 01:48 PM
It's perfectly fine to be as contentious as you like. It's a free country. I just think that insulting people on a basketball forum is for the most part totally unnecessary. "Letting views be known" is not synonymous with "being contentious."

Not only is it not a free country in America anymore. It is no longer a free country on message boards. There is no such thing as free speech in America anymore, even as well as on message boards. Moderators are worse than government half of the time. You can't say what you want to, or else you'll be banned. I'm sure I will be banned again at some point. Maybe even after this thread. But again, I don't really care, because I don't really devote that much time to this, like a lot of other people do.

z0sa
12-15-2008, 01:49 PM
And how is that any different from previous seasons? When did he ever get a chance? Was I supposed to update weekly on my disdain for Bonner not getting enough consistent playing time?

A season is a fresh start ... Bonner not getting PT suddenly for 3 games spelled doom and everyone knew it. Hell, he didn't even get into the Rockets game til late.

I think I was actively defending him far more than you ever have. Do another post search and post all the times I came to his defense, you'll see a different animal.

BTW, a message board is never considered 'free speech,' because it is an owned medium. AKA, has owners who can do whatever the hell they want. The fact Kori and Timvp let people have that right is out of their own heart and mind for intellectual conversation.

Warlord23
12-15-2008, 01:50 PM
Not only is it not a free country in America anymore. It is no longer a free country on message boards. There is no such thing as free speech in America anymore, even as well as on message boards. Moderators are worse than government half of the time. You can't say what you want to, or else you'll be banned. I'm sure I will be banned again at some point. Maybe even after this thread. But again, I don't really care, because I don't really devote that much time to this, like a lot of other people do.

Of course it is a free country. You're a retard, and everyone is free to call you that.

Tully365
12-15-2008, 01:50 PM

Again, maybe it has something to do with your approach to things. I have to say-- I feel pretty free.

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 01:51 PM
A season is a fresh start ... Bonner not getting PT suddenly for 3 games spelled doom and everyone knew it. Hell, he didn't even get into the Rockets game til late.

I think I was actively defending him far more than you ever have. Do another post search and post all the times I came to his defense, you'll see a different animal.

I never said that you didn't defend him. But, what I did see was you jumping off of the bandwagon, and hopping back on.

Tully365
12-15-2008, 01:54 PM
Look at your own vocabulary:

I am The Leader of the Bonner bandwagon.
I am a Spursupremacist.
I am TheAuthority.

It doesn't seem like freedom is your obsession. It seems like your obsession is control.

SpurSupremacist
Of course it is a free country. You're a retard, and everyone is free to call you that.

I started to respond to this, but I'd rather leave politics for another time.

anakha
I'm sure I will be banned again at some point. Maybe even after this thread. But again, I don't really care, because I don't really devote that much time to this, like a lot of other people do.

Says the poster who created a new username just so he could keep posting. :lmao

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Look at your own vocabulary:

I am The Leader of the Bonner bandwagon.
I am a Spursupremacist.
I am TheAuthority.

It doesn't seem like freedom is your obsession. It seems like your obsession is control.

I like your psychoanalysis. Insightful stuff. I'm not obsessed with anything, in actuality, I have little I care about.

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Says the poster who created a new username just so he could keep posting. :lmao

How long was it before I created another username? A year?

Tully365
12-15-2008, 01:57 PM
I have little I care about.

z0sa
12-15-2008, 01:58 PM
I never said that you didn't defend him. But, what I did see was you jumping off of the bandwagon, and hopping back on.

Never happened, how does asking for Pop to give this guy another chance jumping off?

You are contorting my only semi-quasi-quasi-Bonnerfencesitting post to your own direction, when it was put out there at a time when the chips looked like they had already fell into place.

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm not seeing your point, Tully. Is there one?

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 02:00 PM
Never happened, how does asking for Pop to give this guy another chance jumping off?

The text is in bold, red letters.

Tully365
12-15-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm not seeing your point, Tully. Is there one?

Nope. I hope you are as happy as you'd like to be.

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Nope. I hope you are as happy as you'd like to be.

Happiness is an illusion, my friend. What people should be searching for is not happiness, but enlightenment. But that's a conversation for another message board.

anakha
12-15-2008, 02:03 PM
How long was it before I created another username? A year?

:lol at you trying to take the 'I never cared much for this place' road when your very actions say the exact opposite.

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 02:04 PM
:lol at you trying to take the 'I never cared much for this place' road when your very actions say the exact opposite.

Really? What actions? Like making all of these friends I have?

Tully365
12-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Happiness is an illusion, my friend. What people should be searching for is not happiness, but enlightenment. But that's a conversation for another message board.

Some would say enlightenment is an illusion too. Happiness is not an illusion. If someone I love is diagnosed with cancer, and then cured of that cancer, I am very happy. There's no illusion. If someone sits in their house feeling superior to everybody else and goes on to internet forums to tell everybody how stupid they are, then their enlightenment is an illusion.

anakha
12-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Really? What actions? Like making all of these friends I have?

No, continuing to frequent this forum you claim to be so ambivalent about.

Manufan909
12-15-2008, 02:06 PM
:corn::corn::corn:

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 02:08 PM
If someone sits in their house feeling superior to everybody else and goes on to internet forums to tell everybody how stupid they are, then their enlightenment is an illusion.

I disagree with the first part of your post, but this I agree with. However, if you are speaking of me, which I assume you are, then you would be incorrect. I don't feel I am enlightened. Not yet.

z0sa
12-15-2008, 02:08 PM
The text is in bold, red letters.

Where you during this thread: http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109818 (look at the low amount of replies despite it being the only Bonner thread at that point, and the actual replies themselves)

Waiting for Bonner to fail again so you could lurk some more? If Bonner hadn't of had this stretch of games, you'd be nowhere to be found (or banned) and I'd be alone fighting for Bonner while he rode the end of the bench.

The fact you started a thread for this is pretty sad. You could have "experessed your view point" in one of the many other Bonner threads I reply to.

And I still be riding the bandwagon since the beginning, regardless of what you say :smokin

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 02:09 PM
No, continuing to frequent this forum you claim to be so ambivalent about.

I come here when I am bored and there's nothing else to do -- as I explained before, but apparently your reading comprehension has let you down.

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 02:11 PM
And I still be riding the bandwagon since the beginning, regardless of what you say :smokin

Whatever you want to think. Logical people will make their own conclusions based on my OP.

m33p0
what is this that i stumbled upon? Suck-my-own-cock thread?

SpurSupremacist
Yes

Tully365
12-15-2008, 02:13 PM
I disagree with the first part of your post, but this I agree with. However, if you are speaking of me, which I assume you are, then you would be incorrect. I don't feel I am enlightened. Not yet.

Have you ever read Montaigne? He's one of my favorites... you might like it. I'd recommend the essay titled "Of the inconsistency of our actions." One of my favorite essays of all time. Good stuff.

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 02:14 PM
what is this that i stumbled upon? Suck-my-own-cock thread?

And believe me, I would if I could. Women are the devil. That's no homo right there. That's the only thing women can offer me, is sexual relations. Maybe they could also cook and clean for me. I can't think of anything else they would be good for. Just being honest.

z0sa
12-15-2008, 02:15 PM
Whatever you want to think. Logical people will make their own conclusions based on my OP.

You sound like someone you can't play Halo or Call of Duty with because they are so competitive and have to screenpeek in order to win. Or gets a triple meat sandwich at a fast food joint if their buddy gets a double meat. Or someone who's the leader of the Bonner bandwagon because another Bonner homer said they were the only one during a short span of the time when the former homer was lurking.

anakha
12-15-2008, 02:15 PM
I come here when I am bored and there's nothing else to do -- as I explained before, but apparently your reading comprehension has let you down.

Again, your words say one thing, but your activity over the past few months say otherwise. Or has your life really been that dull recently? :lol

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Have you ever read Montaigne? He's one of my favorites... you might like it. I'd recommend the essay titled "Of the inconsistency of our actions." One of my favorite essays of all time. Good stuff.

I don't enjoy reading books. I prefer to have my own life experiences, and have my own thoughts.

Tully365
12-15-2008, 02:17 PM
And believe me, I would if I could. Women are the devil. That's no homo right there. That's the only thing women can offer me, is sexual relations. Maybe they could also cook and clean for me. I can't think of anything else they would be good for. Just being honest.

:lol Stirring the pot with a dozen sticks of dynamite! You been reading Nietzche lately?

m33p0
12-15-2008, 02:18 PM
i ain't biting. you're on your own.

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Again, your words say one thing, but your activity over the past few months say otherwise. Or has your life really been that dull recently? :lol

That's fairly accurate to say. There are a lot less things to do in the Winter in Ohio. I am an outdoors person. I don't enjoy going to bars, and that is all Ohio has.

Tully365
12-15-2008, 02:20 PM
This is where the thread officially goes off the rails of the crazy train, to quote Ozzy.

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 02:20 PM
:lol Stirring the pot with a dozen sticks of dynamite! You been reading Nietzche lately?

As I mentioned before, I don't read. But, I do love Germans.

Tully365
12-15-2008, 02:21 PM
You don't enjoy women, reading, or bars? Whoa.

We live very different life styles.

Tully365
12-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Germans? Ah, I see where we're headed...

Tully365
12-15-2008, 02:23 PM
And, of course, Matt Bonner is white, right?

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 02:24 PM
And, of course, Matt Bonner is white, right?

Has absolutely nothing to do with that. Duncan is my favorite player.

z0sa
12-15-2008, 02:24 PM

No wonder this guy got banned.

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 02:25 PM
No wonder this guy got banned.

For having an opinion. Opinions are dangerous.

BAAAAAAAAAAA

</sheep>

Obstructed_View
12-15-2008, 02:26 PM
Funny that the guy would link to a post where he said that "Manu cannot be a franchise player" a night after Manu put up back to back 37 point games. :lol

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 02:27 PM
Funny that the guy would link to a post where he said that "Manu cannot be a franchise player" a night after Manu put up back to back 37 point games. :lol

So you believe Manu could be a franchise player?

benefactor
12-15-2008, 02:31 PM
I know she hurt you man. Your girl...the mailman..it sucks. Just let it go. Not all women are fascinated by the adventure of sleeping with postal workers.

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 02:36 PM
I know she hurt you man. Your girl...the mailman..it sucks. Just let it go. Not all women are fascinated by the adventure of sleeping with postal workers.

My girlfriend would never fuck Karl Malone. She has a little more class than that.

z0sa
12-15-2008, 02:36 PM
For having an opinion. Opinions are dangerous.

BAAAAAAAAAAA

</sheep>

Respecting women is not a matter of choice nor opinion.

nkdlunch
12-15-2008, 02:37 PM
My girlfriend left me crying forum...

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Respecting women is not a matter of opinion.

You're right, it's an option. I don't have to do anything I don't want to do.

z0sa
12-15-2008, 02:43 PM
You're right, it's an option. I don't have to do anything I don't want to do.

like support Bonner through his hard times and not just his good.

Still think its funny you took my thread's OP about Bonner getting another chance and used it against me :lol

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 02:46 PM
like support Bonner through his hard times and not just his good.

No, that is what you did, not me.

z0sa
12-15-2008, 02:47 PM
No, that is what you did, not me.

How does creating a thread to give Bonner another chance from the posters here and Pop ,should he ever stop by, equate to "jumping off the bandwagon"? Again, where were you, beating your woman?

Obstructed_View
12-15-2008, 02:48 PM
So you believe Manu could be a franchise player?
Of course he could, but that's not the point. You were clearly shitting all over him after a loss just like all the other knee-jerks on this message board, completely ignoring the heroic performance he'd put up less than 24 hours beforehand, not considering that maybe he was tired after flying to Oakland from San Antonio to play the second night of a back to back with Timmy out injured. Timmy puts up clunker games from time to time, and you aren't out there calling him scared. How ignorant do you have to be to claim to be a Spurs fan and suggest that Manu is intimidated by the pressure of the Golden State Warriors in a December game? :lol

Up to that game against the Warriors, the Spurs had won several games in a row and Manu was by far the best player, including carrying the team when Duncan was hurt. What you said that was funny is that Manu's 37 point performances were meaningless because he shot the ball too much, and anybody could do that. :lol

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 02:54 PM
Of course he could, but that's not the point.

No, he couldn't. He has never demonstrated he has the ability to take over games on a consistent basis. And the biggest part, he never faces double teams. So no, he is not capable of it.

You were clearly shitting all over him after a loss just like all the other knee-jerks on this message board, completely ignoring the heroic performance he'd put up less than 24 hours beforehand, not considering that maybe he was tired after flying to Oakland from San Antonio to play the second night of a back to back with Timmy out injured.

I don't have time for excuses like these.

Timmy puts up clunker games from time to time, and you aren't out there calling him scared. How ignorant do you have to be to claim to be a Spurs fan and suggest that Manu is intimidated by the pressure of the Golden State Warriors in a December game? :lol

The difference is, no matter how bad Tim's numbers are, he impacts the game positively. You can't even compare the 2 players. Manu can't hold Duncan's jock on his best day.

Up to that game against the Warriors, the Spurs had won several games in a row and Manu was by far the best player, including carrying the team when Duncan was hurt. What you said that was funny is that Manu's 37 point performances were meaningless because he shot the ball too much, and anybody could do that. :lol

I believe you're referring to the game where he went to the line about 20 times. Maybe not, it's hard to recall individual games. And yes, almost all guards in the league can shoot free throws well.

SpursFanFirst
12-15-2008, 03:00 PM
I love you, SpursFanFirst, give me a hug!!!

:makeout

SpursFanFirst
12-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Fukk it z0sa lets go get some hookers

MadBonner~
Where have you been? We've been missing you in the chat room on game nights!

Obstructed_View
12-15-2008, 03:04 PM
No, he couldn't. He has never demonstrated he has the ability to take over games on a consistent basis.
Again, you can't be a Spurs fan and say that he doesn't consistently take over games. That's just stupid.

And the biggest part, he never faces double teams. So no, he is not capable of it.
Skip to the end for this one. I love how you just keep giving me rope. I'm not even using my own arguments to beat up yours at this point.

I don't have time for excuses like these.
Translation: You don't have the ability to refute the facts. Thanks.

The difference is, no matter how bad Tim's numbers are, he impacts the game positively.
That's pretty much true, because he doesn't have to initiate the offense. In addition, he can get rebounds, block and alter shots, etc. When you are a 4 or 5 there are a number of ways to contribute without touching the ball. Manu is a 2. A SHOOTING guard. He also brings the ball up a lot of the time. Much easier to negatively affect the game when you're playing that position.

You can't even compare the 2 players. Manu can't hold Duncan's jock on his best day.
What's odd is that you say that you can't compare the two players, yet that's all you've been doing. There are a lot of franchise players in this league that are not arguably the best in history at their position.

I believe you're referring to the game where he went to the line about 20 times. Maybe not, it's hard to recall individual games. And yes, almost all guards in the league can shoot free throws well.
He went to the line because he was being fouled. Because Timmy was out, the other teams were trying to stop him. I bet they threw some double teams in there. He carried the team and won. That's what franchise players do.

benefactor
12-15-2008, 03:40 PM
SpursSupremacist on SpursTalk:

http://i18.ebayimg.com/04/c/05/88/6c/43_7.JPG

SpursSupremacist at home with his woman:

http://z.about.com/d/top40/1/0/8/W/joshgroban.jpg

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 03:45 PM
SpursSupremacist on SpursTalk:

http://i18.ebayimg.com/04/c/05/88/6c/43_7.JPG

SpursSupremacist at home with his woman:

http://z.about.com/d/top40/1/0/8/W/joshgroban.jpg

That might be the first funny post I've seen involving pictures.

Tully365
12-15-2008, 03:48 PM
As I mentioned before, I don't read. But, I do love Germans.

OK... I'm back from lunch and ready to stir the pot: what exactly do you love about Germans? I assume it's not the work of Goethe, Mann, or Rilke...

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 03:59 PM
OK... I'm back from lunch and ready to stir the pot: what exactly do you love about Germans? I assume it's not the work of Goethe, Mann, or Rilke...

Purity, Intelligence, Engineering. :toast

concken
12-15-2008, 04:09 PM
ha this is funny. first off, to you spursepremacist, who really cares? Honestly, attention is all you want. We are giving you negative attention, but you're still replying which is humorous. If I were put in the same position as you, I would have deleted the thread a long time ago. That being said, we ARE all friends on here. Supposed to be anyway. I'm pretty sure this site was created for spurs fans alike. Disagreements will occur, but we all have common ground and that's what you don't understand.

Tully365
12-15-2008, 04:43 PM
Purity, Intelligence, Engineering. :toast

Though there were a couple of times in the 20th century when their actions as a whole were not so pure or intelligent...

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Though there were a couple of times in the 20th century when their actions as a whole were not so pure or intelligent...

I would say that the darkest times came when they applied their intelligence and engineering capability in pursuit of "purity", but I digress.

To get to the topic at hand, seriously guys, I think Matt Bonner has proven that his balls are big enough that there's room for everyone. No need for this "Me first! Me first!" nonsense.

Tully365
12-15-2008, 04:53 PM
To get to the topic at hand, seriously guys, I think Matt Bonner has proven that his balls are big enough that there's room for everyone. No need for this "Me first! Me first!" nonsense.

What a pathetic brown-nosing attempt to jump first in line for the position of Holder de la Balls de Bonner. Matt ain't gonna fall for that crap!

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-15-2008, 04:58 PM
What a pathetic brown-nosing attempt to jump first in line for the position of Holder de la Balls de Bonner. Matt ain't gonna fall for that crap!

If you think that Bonner's balls are of such a small size and density that any one person could hold them with out the use of heavy machinery or at the very least a considerable system of ropes and pulleys then you have no right to call yourself a Matt Bonner fan!

z0sa
12-15-2008, 05:01 PM
it would be funny if Matt Bonner actually read this thread.

Tully365
12-15-2008, 05:04 PM
If you think that Bonner's balls are of such a small size and density that any one person could hold them with out the use of heavy machinery or at the very least a considerable system of ropes and pulleys then you have no right to call yourself a Matt Bonner fan!

If you understood the pure genius of German engineering, you'd realize that ropes have been obsolete since the time of Captain Ahab and Moby Dick! Although I am told that hemp rope is stronger than any of the synthetic stuff available at Home Depot. Please try to stay on topic.

ClingingMars
12-15-2008, 05:44 PM

j-money24
12-15-2008, 06:13 PM
aw man, i love spurs fans ..
best fans in the league !!

SpurSupremacist
12-15-2008, 06:40 PM
aw man, i love spurs fans ..
best fans in the league !!

hahahahaha

Kori Ellis
12-15-2008, 07:33 PM

:lol

Free speech doesn't apply to message boards. Message boards are privately owned.

Kori Ellis
12-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Oh and as for the original poster, he has been on the board with a lot more names than "The Authority." He's been getting banned under a variety of user names for years. So for someone who "doesn't care" about posting here, he certainly keeps coming back again and again and again.

anakha
12-15-2008, 07:57 PM
Oh and as for the original poster, he has been on the board with a lot more names than "The Authority." He's been getting banned under a variety of user names for years. So for someone who "doesn't care" about posting here, he certainly keeps coming back again and again and again.

:lmao

I knew it. So much for being 'just bored'.

Yorae
12-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Uh who is that guy....

ILoveOranges
12-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Well I was a fan of Bonner back in his Toronto days, and stayed with him. But I don't really care what anyone else thinks about... what I think. I'd rather just be content with the thought that more realize his talent and potential now.

m33p0
12-15-2008, 09:56 PM
your bonner bandwagon
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/184/481973047_38f1ebf6a4.jpg?v=0

the real bonner bandwagon
http://allsystemsgo.capmetro.org/images/rotating/red_bus.jpg

see the diff?

SpurSupremacist
12-16-2008, 01:54 PM

That's a complete fabrication. I've been banned under one name the entire time I've came to this site. Don't flatter yourself.

hater
12-16-2008, 02:16 PM
:lol

Free speech doesn't apply to message boards. Message boards are privately owned.

:lmao

free speech :lol

duncan228
12-16-2008, 02:57 PM
That's a complete fabrication. I've been banned under one name the entire time I've came to this site. Don't flatter yourself.

And of course we're all going to believe you over the person that can see the IP addresses. Don't flatter yourself.

SpurSupremacist
12-17-2008, 12:03 AM
And of course we're all going to believe you over the person that can see the IP addresses. Don't flatter yourself.

I don't really care. That's what you fail to understand. I don't have 12 thousand posts on this message board. If I was constantly banned before, I would just tell you -- trust me. I thought it was hilarious when I got banned, to be honest with you.

Tully365
12-17-2008, 12:20 AM
Seems like there might be even more hilarity ahead.