PDA

View Full Version : Something i wanna get off my chest.

xtremesteven33
12-15-2008, 01:36 PM
So, i work here in the Emergency room and i come in this morning around 10 as usual and i see a family crying together holding each other. I see a mother hitting her head against a wall outside in 30 degree weather while pounding her foot on the ground in a very angry manner. What happened? Thier 23 year old son died of heroin overdose.

This family never knew this kid was on such drugs this young. The kid looks like a normal guy. No obvious appearance of someone who is taking such a deadly drug. They are crying and wailing as i type this right now. I see a father with a blank look on his face and i can tell he has a lot of regrets. His eyes tell a story of guilt. What could i have done? What i should i have said? Should i have been there?

People, life is short. Nobody knows when a family member will die. Tell them you love them. Make sure they know it. Know what your kids are doing with thier friends. Dont make the same mistake this family made.

englishspursfan
12-15-2008, 01:58 PM
there was a nasty car crash in the city where i am from.

thrill seeker says mum
7:21am Monday 15th December 2008

Exclusive By Will Kilner »

The youngest victim of a crash that killed four friends had developed a thirst for the “buzz” of stealing and racing fast cars, his mother said.

She revealed that on the night of the accident she had warned them all not to take chances.

Tom Tilleard, aged just 15, was among four people killed when a stolen Subaru Impreza ploughed into a fish and chip shop and burst into flames in Killinghall Road, Laisterdyke, Bradford, last Thursday.

The other three victims have been named by police as Craig James, 17, James McLuskey, 21 and Robert Lynn, 16, all from Bradford.

Today Tom’s mother Linda Tilleard, of Lapwing Close, Lower Grange, Bradford, described how her son had “gone off the rails” in the weeks leading up to the tragedy.

She said: “My son was known to the police, but he went through the last eight months keeping himself out of trouble.

“Then he basically went off the rails again and they got into pinching cars. The four of them got together and were getting a buzz out of racing cars.”

Mrs Tilleard said her son and his friends would “brag” about their exploits on the computer through the MSN chatroom.

Recently, she saw Tom write a message that said: “Got a bizzy [police] chase – they couldn’t catch us!”.

She said: “It just shows they had no fear.”

On the evening before the early-morning collision, Mrs Tilleard issued a warning to her son – but her words went unheeded with tragic consequences. She said: “They were all round here on the night it happened and I told them to keep out of cars after something was mentioned about a Subaru they had got their hands on.

“Then when I saw the news and it was four lads in a Subaru who had crashed, I knew straight away that it was them.

“The news didn’t give out any names at that stage so I rang the police and said I believed it was my son in the car. They wouldn’t give me any information and I was left all day because it was under investigation and they couldn’t tell me anything.

“They told me to file a missing person’s report. I haven’t slept since it happened.”

Mrs Tilleard said she had been told her son was not driving at the time of the crash, but she added: “It’s irrelevant who was driving because they were all taking it in turns.”

Tom, who had Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), had not attended mainstream school since he was nine and was not in the habit of attending his pupil referral unit, according to his mother.

She said: “He was a little beggar but he was well-liked. He won’t be forgotten. He was motorbike mad really. Everyone knew him and he knew everyone all over the place – hundreds of people. He was popular.

“Tom didn’t go to mainstream school because he couldn’t cope with the classroom environment. He lived here with me and his little brother Joshua, who is 11.”

Mrs Tilleard said she had come to know one of the other victims, James McLuskey, once of Harrier Close, Lower Grange, quite well. She said: “James was pretty quiet. He was a likeable lad who would help you out.”

Police have not revealed the exact addresses of the four victims, but all of them have strong links to Lower Grange, while two were thought to be living in Holme Wood at the time of their deaths.

Daniel Dean, 30, of Eskdale Rise, Lower Grange, said: “I knew James quite well and I knew two of the others as well.

“He was an all right lad, not a bad lad at all – but easily led. He liked cars and was a bit of a jack the lad. I think he used to be into bikes as well.

“James was more of a follower rather than a leader. ”

The Independent Police Complaints Commission absolved police of any blame for the tragedy.

Police would like anyone who witnessed the collision to contact Bradford South Roads Policing Team on 0845 60 60 606.

Print article » Email to a friend » Share
What's this? »
Digg Reddit Facebook Furl Yahoo

Editor's choice
Man hit as armed raiders enter home
A man was punched in the face by a gang of armed raiders who forced their way into his home.

Death crash boy, 15, was a thrill seeker says mum
The youngest victim of a crash that killed four friends had developed a thirst for the “buzz” of stealing and racing fast cars, his mother said.
Junior band

jman3000
12-15-2008, 02:04 PM
hard drugs have to be the stupidest thing one can get themselves in. i just dont see the point... if youre suffering from stress or depression, fucking be a man and handle it. dont just hide behind a needle or a pile of powder.

this is gonna sound insensitive to the family... but im glad that fucker died.

Bigzax
12-15-2008, 02:13 PM
the point is to get high.

but heroin? don't start.

balli
12-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Not cool. Fuck drugs.

Dr. Gonzo
12-15-2008, 02:21 PM
the point is to get high.

but heroin? don't start.

I hear heroin is an incredible high. I'm guessing that some people either don't realize or don't care about the addictive or deadly nature of this drug. It sucks to hear about that. I met a lot of kick ass people that were heroin addicts in rehab and I feel for all the ones that don't get the help necessary.

balli
12-15-2008, 02:28 PM
Heroin seems seductive as fuck. I'd love to do that drug one time, but it ain't going to happen.

CuckingFunt
12-15-2008, 02:33 PM
I'm a pretty big prude when it comes to drugs in general (just in my own use, not in my attitudes), but I absolutely draw a line at anything that needs to be injected or snorted. WAY too hardcore for me.

byrontx
12-15-2008, 02:43 PM
Saying that you are happy a kid died says a lot about you and none of it good. You may feel superior but you are an insufferable ass that I doubt many people want to be close to.

The kids this happens to often are not very rational when they hit that stage of decadence. They want to see how fk'd up they can get and, yes, often they think they have special powers that will keep them from getting hooked (their point of reference will be someone they look down upon). The high is supposed to be far better than sex; at least for some people, I did not think that much of it.

I am one of the lucky ones that do not easily develop habits. Between that, crank (or crystal) and huffing a lot of kids in my neighborhood went down. It can happen even with "good " kids. Coke complicated some lives but it was when they upgraded to higher forms of speed that they really crashed and burned. The best way to keep a kid out of that kind of trouble is to help them develop hobbies/interests that they can be passionate about. The old saw about idleness being the devil's workshop is on the mark. Sports, especially, is a good direction for kids because of the emphasis on health.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Kicking an addiction of any type is tough...trust me on that. I'm sorry for the family of this kid. While some people might blame a lack of parenting, it is totally possible for someone to completely hide an addiction from their loved ones...for awhile at least...sometimes for a long while.

No one deserves to die from an overdose.

All people do stupid things at some point in their lives. Some folks just do stupid things a lot better than others.

PakiDan
12-15-2008, 04:47 PM
Wow, thanks for this story. Such a sad, sad thing to happen.

tlongII
12-15-2008, 09:07 PM
It's up to the individual. Either you get it, or you don't.

PakiDan
12-15-2008, 09:26 PM
er, uh,, er, stay off the powdah, pd!

Thanks 4cc... I'll try!

manufor3
12-15-2008, 09:39 PM
i feel bad for his family

SequSpur
12-15-2008, 10:40 PM
yeah, that sucks balls

LuvBones
12-16-2008, 12:46 AM
this is gonna sound insensitive to the family... but im glad that fucker died.

Wow that is horrible.

I can't even imagine the pain that family is going through. To lose anyone in the family.. especially at such a young age... :(

LuvBones
12-16-2008, 12:52 AM
jman, you don't even know the story behind this tragedy. Maybe this kid is not an addict.. he could have just tried it for the first time. Who knows the circumstances but whatever it was, everyone has done some stupid stuff especially at a young age. We're lucky to be alive at the end of it.. and to be happy this kid died for his troubles/mistakes? I can't even believe it.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-16-2008, 02:15 AM
One of the coolest things pimpo has ever said is that when he's really old and about to die, he'd inject a heinously massive overdose of heroin into his veins. That way he wouldn't get addicted, and he'd try the best drug ever.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-16-2008, 05:16 AM
Sad story. I've had friends who got deeply into drugs of dependence (heroin, crystal meth), but they both came out of it eventually, after nearly losing everything. They are the lucky ones.

Saying that you are happy a kid died says a lot about you and none of it good. You may feel superior but you are an insufferable ass that I doubt many people want to be close to.

The kids this happens to often are not very rational when they hit that stage of decadence. They want to see how fk'd up they can get and, yes, often they think they have special powers that will keep them from getting hooked (their point of reference will be someone they look down upon). The high is supposed to be far better than sex; at least for some people, I did not think that much of it.

I am one of the lucky ones that do not easily develop habits. Between that, crank (or crystal) and huffing a lot of kids in my neighborhood went down. It can happen even with "good " kids. Coke complicated some lives but it was when they upgraded to higher forms of speed that they really crashed and burned. The best way to keep a kid out of that kind of trouble is to help them develop hobbies/interests that they can be passionate about. The old saw about idleness being the devil's workshop is on the mark. Sports, especially, is a good direction for kids because of the emphasis on health.

Now that is a good post.

One of the coolest things pimpo has ever said is that when he's really old and about to die, he'd inject a heinously massive overdose of heroin into his veins. That way he wouldn't get addicted, and he'd try the best drug ever.

I had the same idea. Pimpo and I agree on something... WTF???

MiamiHeat
12-16-2008, 05:33 AM
enough sad stories. we get them too many times. HAPPY TIME PLS