PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever see Mohammad play?

SuperSpur
02-25-2005, 10:52 AM
I'm interested to know more about the new guy. I've never even heard of him. Can anyone tell me more about this guy? Is he athletic, a good rebounder, tough? Thanks

Kori Ellis
02-25-2005, 10:54 AM
He's athletic, good rebounder. Not tough or a shot blocker.

SuperSpur
02-25-2005, 11:00 AM
Do you think he will be starting in place of Rasho by playoff time?

whottt
02-25-2005, 11:01 AM
He's alright, we could have done worse. He can play physical, but nowhere near as physical as Malik could be...and he brings inconsistent effort like just about every other bigman in the NBA.

IOW, you'll soon be saying he sucks too. What you won't be able to say is that it is because he is trying as hard as Malik was....

The thing you guys don't get about the consistency of Rasho, Malik and Horry...they are no different than most NBA bigs...and actually Malik and Horry are more consistent than most of them...Malik consistently brings effort(for better or worse) and Horry consistently brings intelligent style of play...even Rasho is pretty consistent on the defensive side of the ball.

There just aren't a lot of David Robinson's and Tim Duncan's running around the NBA, and we shouldn't confuse our enormous good fortune at having both of them, with some kind of divine birthright. We were lucky to have two back up bigs the caliber of Malik and Horry.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-25-2005, 11:02 AM
what are you talking about, i though god annointed all texans spicifically?

RobinsontoDuncan
02-25-2005, 11:04 AM
Hold the press, Kori what do you mean he isn't tough, thats the one thing i have like about this guy is that everyone is caliming he will be physical in the post, wtf trade malik a ruff and ready paint warrior for some putx who wont even bring it?

Kori Ellis
02-25-2005, 11:05 AM
I'm not saying he won't play physical at times. I just meant he's not an enforcer/bruiser type.