PDA

View Full Version : Need Liquor suggestions...

fraga
12-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Well after the Thanksgiving Holidays...my Liquor supply has run dry...as in all my free loading in-laws drank all my shit...so now...I need to buy some new stuff...can you chime in with your favorite Liquors...hopefully somebody will chime in with some new stuff that I haven't tried yet...thanks...more then one suggestion per category would be good too..

Bourbon -
Scotch -
Vodka -
Rum -
Tequila -

jack sommerset
12-15-2008, 09:07 PM
In-Laws? Get the cheap stuff and break it out when they are over.

MrChug
12-15-2008, 10:33 PM
Need Liquor suggestions...

You came to the right place my friend!!!! (*rubbing his hands to warm them for a rant*)

Nah, but if you're going to refill your bar with good shit that you'll enjoy-you don't wanna completely deplete your bank account, I like some of 4cc's list.

Bourbon- Can't go wrong with plain old Jack Black. You wanna spend a little more? Even Gentleman Jack is a far better choice tastewise than Makers'.

Scotch- Really not a good economical scotch AT ALL, although Johnnie Walker red is the best you can do (there's also JWBlack, JWGreen, JWGold, & JWBlue<<<don't even think about it if you're not rich-not worth it). REAL SCOTCH (Glenfiddich, Glenlivet, or McAllan) is pricey but very worth it. FYI-if you really want to throw some risk in there, try Laphroig but don't be shocked if you don't like it...very suited for serious scotch drinkers. A bit rough if you're not a true scotch man-very "oak"-y. If not, just as well off with other blends such as Dewars, Buchanan's, Chivas, or the aforementioned JW.

Vodka- A great 2 picks by 4cc. I was shocked how good Tito's was. Won't cost much, great taste award winning vodkas. If you want to spend more than that I recommend you buy Grey Goose. You might not know the difference (no vodkas seem different if mixed with anything, i.e. 7up, cranberry, etc.) between it and Tito's.

Rum- Too many out there...stick with what's solid- Bacardi. Also a kindof impressive list of the variations of Bacardi Rum available. 151 baby!! If you wanna get fucked up of course. My favorite Bacardi flavor if I'm drinking it is Bacardi Anejo (hint of tequila essence-nice with coke and a little lime juice/rox).

Tequila...well HERE'S where you'll want to spend your money if you love tequila. I've spent TONS of money trying new tequilas, none hold a candle to simple old Patron (try all 3 "main types-silver, anejo, reposado I think, before picking your favorite) but I like Cabo Wabo alot.

Ultimately, it's about what you like. Enjoying the finer things in life always is. Don't let anyone tell you different. You like a cheap beer? Drink a cheap beer. Wanna drink a glass of warm white zinfandel :lol with your cheeseburger at an expensive restaurant? Do it. Smoke a philly blunt when everyone else is puffin on a cuban? Fuck them.. Enjoy life...it's too fuckin short. :D

fraga
12-15-2008, 10:59 PM
Oooh...great suggestions so far...keep em coming...

SequSpur
12-15-2008, 11:05 PM
Bourbon - Crown Royal
Scotch - Crown Royal
Vodka - Crown Royal
Rum - Crown Royal
Tequila - Crown Royal

WTF else is there?

oh and a 12 pack of Bud Light.

Fo.

atxrocker
12-15-2008, 11:07 PM
your omission of gin is very dissapointing.

MrChug
12-15-2008, 11:38 PM

I have to agree.

Jekka
12-16-2008, 12:24 AM
I have to agree.

Ditto. Hendrick's FTW.

mrsmaalox
12-16-2008, 12:44 AM

Tanqueray Rangpur/Tanqueray No. Ten

It's always nice to have a bottle of Bailey's around especially at the holidays

MrChug
12-16-2008, 01:01 AM
In agreement with almost any Tanqueray.

#10 is just smooth and special.

Tanq Rox/Splash o' tonic & a lime

http://anabubula.com/files/gintonic_preview.png

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wait, damnit...10 more hours until the liquor store opens!!!:bang

baseline bum
12-16-2008, 01:02 AM
Herradura is the best tequila for the price IMO.

http://www.tequila.net/images/stories/tequila/herradura_tequila.jpg

The Reckoning
12-16-2008, 01:42 AM
cazadores

FUCK YEAH!

CuckingFunt
12-16-2008, 02:11 AM

Agreed. Gin is not usually my liquor of choice, but it's always great to have a bottle handy.

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/6498/bombay01sc7.jpg

As for the others: Maker's Mark, Stoli or Ketel One, Bacardi, Herradura. And Scotch is yucky.

pkbpkb81
12-16-2008, 02:14 AM
Bourbon- try the jim beam black it is veary good for the money

fraga
12-16-2008, 08:35 AM
Well I'm not a big Gin drinker...but hey feel free to add that to the list...

florige
12-16-2008, 09:14 AM
Two words, Patron Platinum. Really good!

Blake
12-16-2008, 09:18 AM
this is for the inlaws?

go to Costco for all the following at roughly $10-11 per bottle:

Bourbon - Texas Gold
Scotch - Texas Gold
Vodka -Texas Gold
Rum -Texas Gold
Tequila -Texas Gold

then instead of throwing out your old bottles of the good stuff, fill em up with this stuff...

florige
12-16-2008, 09:21 AM
off the top of my head
bourbon -- bulleit bourbon
scotch -- johnnie walker
vodka -- titos, svedka
rum -- appletons
tequila -- corralejo, olmeca, cazadores, herradua

I keep meaning to try that.

Blake
12-16-2008, 09:38 AM
seriously though, my cabinet mostly would consist of the following:

bourbon - makers mark (good stuff, but I think I just like the wax on top more...I dunno)

scotch - glenlivitt

vodka - my interest is peaked....will have to try the Tito's....for now, I got the Grey Goose

rum - yeah, Im with Mr Chug, too many to choose from and since chances are, youre gonna mix it, I'd say get El Cheapo. If not, Bacardi.

tequila - Don Julio, Patron, herradura.....

tlongII
12-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Easily the best vodka I've ever had...

http://www.getsuminc.com/images/bottle_clv_lrg.jpg

I. Hustle
12-16-2008, 10:01 AM
this is for the inlaws?

Bourbon - Texas Gold
Scotch - Texas Gold
Vodka -Texas Gold
Rum -Texas Gold
Tequila -Texas Gold

then instead of throwing out your old bottles of the good stuff, fill em up with this stuff...

I always have this stuff handy for company and it really isn't bad.

leemajors
12-16-2008, 10:22 AM
Bourbon - Don't drink it, but all my friends like Bulleit
Scotch - Highland Park when i have the cash, Glenmorangie when i don't. Don't generally drink blends unless they're given to me.
Vodka - Chopin or Belvedere.
Rum - Meyers Legend Dark, Appleton's Estate. Don't really care for pale rum.
Gin - Brokers

Blake
12-16-2008, 10:39 AM
I always have this stuff handy for company and it really isn't bad.

:lol it gets the job done

fraga
12-16-2008, 12:00 PM
Wow...I'm glad all you dirty drunks are chiming in...these are great...I'll probably swing by Costco for all these...and they will be going to my private stash...no in-laws...all mines.....I said mines...

j-6
12-16-2008, 01:06 PM
this is for the inlaws?

Bourbon - Texas Gold
Scotch - Texas Gold
Vodka -Texas Gold
Rum -Texas Gold
Tequila -Texas Gold

My father-in-law's been drinking Rich and Rare out of my Crown handle for three years.

chode_regulator
12-16-2008, 07:31 PM
i usually just drink black velvet, a canadian whisky as its pretty good especially for like 8.50 a bottle. a handle is only like 15 bucks. if you really want to splurge get the "reserve" its like 2 bucks more. :lol

decent stuff though

rum:appletons or i reallly like capt morgan private stock, pretty good for 20 bcuks

scotch:dont drink it but i hear glenlivet is pretty good.

vodka:who cares, it all tastes like shit. just mix it with anything and no one will know the difference. seems like everyone has a hard on though for grey goose

bourbon: gentleman jack

tequila:1800 reposado or el jimador is pretty good as well

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-16-2008, 08:58 PM
* Grey Goose

* Bacardi Anejo

* Any Patron

* Crown or Canadian Club

* Tanqueray

Should cover it.

Side note, anyone tried the Bacardi 100 proof?