PDA

View Full Version : would you trade rasho to get rose back

ducks
02-25-2005, 11:53 AM
:angel :lol

Jimcs50
02-25-2005, 12:00 PM
I'd trade TPark and Sequ to get Rose back.

:)

RobinsontoDuncan
02-25-2005, 12:04 PM
i'll throw in ducks just to cut cap and gain flexibility to sign Scola long term.

GoSpurs21
02-25-2005, 12:29 PM
not in a million years, Malik to small to start at center

whottt
02-25-2005, 12:45 PM
not in a million years, Malik to small to start at center

Yet amazingly he did just that in 2003 when we went on our legendary road trip...

He started at Center as we knocked off the Kings, Lakers, and Blazers, the most impressive trifecta of that season, all on the road, in a row...

He also started at Center against LA for the first two games of the 2002 playoff series...including a game we won thanks to his clutch rebounding...

SpursFanInAustin
02-25-2005, 12:53 PM
Yet amazingly he did just that in 2003 when we went on our legendary road trip...

He started at Center as we knocked off the Kings, Lakers, and Blazers, the most impressive trifecta of that season, all on the road, in a row...

He also started at Center against LA for the first two games of the 2002 playoff series...including a game we won thanks to his clutch rebounding...

Technically, Kevin willis started in those two games vs. the Kings and Lakers, and Mark Bryant started in the two Laker games in 02 when Admiral was out, but Rose definitely got the bulk of the minutes (the defacto starter) and played huge. Here's what Malik did in 2003 on the rodeo road trip after the all-star break.

2/11/03 at Blazers 21 pts 15 rebs
2/14/03 at Lakers 7 pts 6 rebs (combined with Willis' 9 pts and 10 rebs)
2/16/03 at Kings 15 pts 6 rebs

Also, one of my favorite games of that season was at Milwaukee when Rose scored a career high 34 pts, helping the Spurs defeat the Bucks for the first time in 5 years.

whottt
02-25-2005, 12:59 PM
Technically, Kevin willis started in those two games vs. the Kings and Lakers, and Mark Bryant started in the two Laker games in 02 when Admiral was out, but Rose definitely got the bulk of the minutes (the defacto starter) and played huge. Here's what Malik did in 2003 on the rodeo road trip after the all-star break.

I could have sworn Malik started...but now that you mention it I do remember Willis coming out strong to start the LA game...

I absolutely do not remember Mark Bryant starting against the Lakers in 02...

But yeah, the point still remains, Malik was the defacto starter in deed if not name, much like Horry was for the Lakers Threepeat.

2/11/03 at Blazers 21 pts 15 rebs
2/14/03 at Lakers 7 pts 6 rebs (combined with Willis' 9 pts and 10 rebs)
2/16/03 at Kings 15 pts 6 rebs

Willis was killer against the Lakers that season also...especially in the playoffs.

Also, one of my favorite games of that season was at Milwaukee when Rose scored a career high 34 pts, helping the Spurs defeat the Bucks for the first time in 5 years.

S'what I am saying...Malik has started maybe 50 games in his entire career yet the little PF has had a 20 20 game...his career scoring best of 34 is better than Mohammed or Rasho...and his career rebounding best of 22(I think)...is way better than either of them.

Yet Malik is the guy that has never been a regular starter and he is ALWAYS matched up against a guy taller than he is...

Desire sets him apart...and he is an exceptional 6'5 bigman while they are typical big bigmen.

Gummi
02-25-2005, 01:02 PM
Definatly not. I'm sad to see Malik leave but it's part of professional sports. Players get traded. Malik's a nice guy and I'm sure the Spurs organization is sad to see him leave but we're getting two players and one (Nazr) of them could be a great addition for the team, kinda like the Rasheed Wallace trade. Nazr's going to be a very valuable member of the Spurs this season and next one as well.

Having three "centers" in Rasho, Duncan, and Nazr is great. A team can never have too many big man especially when we could end up playing the Pistons or the Heat in the Finals if we make it there.

johnny00
02-25-2005, 08:12 PM

I always called Rose the human cockroach for his ability to come away with the rebound, and it was never more evident than in that series against the Lakers. The way Rose out hustled the great Shaq ONeal was priceless. The looks on his face when Rose would come away with those rocks were classic.

johnny00
02-25-2005, 08:16 PM
I Desire sets him apart...and he is an exceptional 6'5 bigman while they are typical big bigmen.

Amen brother, let that be how Malik will always be rembered as a player for S.A.

2pac
02-25-2005, 08:23 PM
I wouldnt trade Rasho, cause then we may never get that Solvenian resturant I have always wanted. Seriously - can we count on Beno?

milkyway21
02-25-2005, 09:31 PM
i love Malik but NO.

RASHO also means Beno.

caŽlo
02-25-2005, 10:56 PM
im fine with the trade.. hate to see malik go but.. i think this is overall.. a very good move by the spurs.

Spurs_rock05
02-26-2005, 12:46 AM
Hell-fucking- Yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

maxpower
02-26-2005, 09:24 AM
Not if it comes at the expense of a solid 5 spot.