PDA

View Full Version : What Dirk Nowitzki does on his own time

Sausage
12-16-2008, 01:41 PM
http://cdn.withleather.uproxx.com-s1.simplecdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/dirk.jpg

It would be a great story if Dirk Nowitzki always used the Mavericks’ off nights to go to Amazing Jake’s and play Laser Tag with a bunch lonely young men who live with their parents. You know, the kids in high school who wore all black and combat boots, didn’t wash their hair, tortured small animals, and got voted “Most Likely to Start a Militia.”

Unfortunately, this was snapped at the Mavs’ annual holiday party, and the team played a bunch of games with 150 kids from the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Jason Terry got hooked on Ms Pac-Man, Josh Howard played a NASCAR driving game, and all the kids with horrible diseases got to experience joy for a day. So it’s actually all heartwarming or whatever.

But I still like the idea of Dirk hanging out with the angry dudes who make pipe bombs.

[Full report at friends.mavs.com, via Ball Don't Lie and the Mavs' blog community]

http://withleather.uproxx.com/?p=12868

I Love Me Some Me
12-16-2008, 02:04 PM
http://cdn.withleather.uproxx.com-s1.simplecdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/dirk.jpg

Some 6 year-old probably brushed up against Dirk right before this. I wasn't there, but I can promise you Bavetta gave him the call.

monosylab1k
12-16-2008, 02:05 PM
I wonder how those games went? If the score was close at the end, did all the Mavs players start missing wildly and just try to shoot guys that were 50 feet away while fading back?

Shank
12-16-2008, 02:09 PM
Some 6 year-old probably brushed up against Dirk right before this. I wasn't there, but I can promise you Bavetta gave him the call.

That same 6-year old whose dying wish was probably to meet Dirk and the Mavs. But if you want to be motherfuckers about something like this, then so be it. Burn in hell.

I Love Me Some Me
12-16-2008, 02:10 PM
That same 6-year old whose dying wish was probably to meet Dirk and the Mavs. But if you want to be motherfuckers about something like this, then so be it. Burn in hell.

I'm glad his dying wish came true....at least his wish wasn't to see the Mavs win a title.

mavs>spurs2
12-16-2008, 02:12 PM
I wonder how those games went? If the score was close at the end, did all the Mavs players start missing wildly and just try to shoot guys that were 50 feet away while fading back?

:lmao this might be your best post ever

Armando
12-16-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm glad his dying wish came true....at least his wish wasn't to see the Mavs win a title.

Cold :lol

mavs>spurs2
12-16-2008, 02:19 PM

too bad his dream wasn't to watch tim duncan brick 2 footers all day and get the late whistle off some pussy non contact every time, at least he could have died happy right?

hater
12-16-2008, 02:19 PM

hahahahahahahaha

Findog
12-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Dirk is good peoples.

IronMexican
12-16-2008, 02:25 PM
It's funny how all these Spur fans can despise a damn city or team, but cheer for that same teams city in football.

hater
12-16-2008, 02:26 PM
It's funny how all these Spur fans can despise a damn city or team, but cheer for that same teams city in football.

grow up. a lil trashtalkin between fans never hurt noone.

I don't despise any mav except the owner, Terry and Stackhouse

I Love Me Some Me
12-16-2008, 02:27 PM

Why is that funny?

What football team do Laker fans cheer for?

Shank
12-16-2008, 02:29 PM

I have a wish, too.

That your family leaves the Christmas lights plugged in on Christmas Eve, the dog chews the wires and everyone burns to death in their own beds.

IronMexican
12-16-2008, 02:30 PM
Why is that funny?

What football team do Laker fans cheer for?

Since we don't have a team, it's mixed. Mostly Raiders and Cowboys, though. There are some Ram fans.

resistanze
12-16-2008, 02:31 PM
:lobt:Champion.

Ghazi
12-16-2008, 02:32 PM
I <3 my Dirky.

I Love Me Some Me
12-16-2008, 02:33 PM
I have a wish, too.

That your family leaves the Christmas lights plugged in on Christmas Eve, the dog chews the wires and everyone burns to death in their own beds.
:rollin

Why so angry?

:lmao

Since we don't have a team, it's mixed. Mostly Raiders and Cowboys, though. There are some Ram fans.

Then how is that different from a Spurs fan cheering for the Cowboys?

Anti.Hero
12-16-2008, 02:35 PM
It would be a great story if Dirk Nowitzki always used the Mavericks’ off nights to go to Amazing Jake’s and play Laser Tag with a bunch lonely young men who live with their parents. You know, the kids in high school who wore all black and combat boots, didn’t wash their hair, tortured small animals, and got voted “Most Likely to Start a Militia.”

llllol horrible stereotype.

Lazertag is the poor kids airsoft.

Which is the poor kids paintball.

I wonder how many kids got bloodied up from Jason Stackhouse.

IronMexican
12-16-2008, 02:39 PM
:rollin

Why so angry?

Then how is that different from a Spurs fan cheering for the Cowboys?

We don't dish shit out on the city of Dallas or Oakland. You guys act like Dallas is some shit hole, but you all cheer for their team. It's pretty funny, cause I would imagine some of you guys go to games in Dallas.

I Love Me Some Me
12-16-2008, 02:42 PM
We don't dish shit out on the city of Dallas or Oakland. You guys act like Dallas is some shit hole, but you all cheer for their team. It's pretty funny, cause I would imagine some of you guys go to games in Dallas.

We cheer for their team because (just like you) there's not a team where we live. It has nothing to do with the quality of their city, or their basketball team.

I don't see what makes it impossible to love the Cowboys and hate the Mavericks. It's pretty easy, actually.

dirk4mvp
12-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Dirk is good peoples.

:tu

IronMexican
12-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Maybe not you in particular, but i've seen plenty Spur fans just say shit like "Thank god we don't live on some shit hole like Dallas" but cheer for the Cowboys, and it just seems dumb. It's like me being a Laker fan and Cardinal fan, but talking shit about the city of Arizona. It makes no sense to me. If you are such a better city, why don't you have an NFL team?

Armando
12-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Maybe not you in particular, but i've seen plenty Spur fans just say shit like "Thank god we don't live on some shit hole like Dallas" but cheer for the Cowboys, and it just seems dumb. It's like me being a Laker fan and Cardinal fan, but talking shit about the city of Arizona. It makes no sense to me. If you are such a better city, why don't you have an NFL team?

Where is this City of Arizona of which you speak?

I Love Me Some Me
12-16-2008, 02:50 PM

I can agree with that, kind of.

I don't really have a lot to say about the city of Dallas, because it doesn't really matter much to me. I don't live there, so I don't care if it's nice or shitty.

Sports is sports...I usually don't get involved in the MY CITY CAN BEAT UP YOUR CITY nonsense, altough I know there are a lot of people who do.

resistanze
12-16-2008, 03:01 PM

In the country of Africa.

Findog
12-16-2008, 03:10 PM
Sports is sports...I usually don't get involved in the MY CITY CAN BEAT UP YOUR CITY nonsense, altough I know there are a lot of people who do.

LOLZ U GUYS ARE FATS. SPURS FANS ARE FATTIES. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

hater
12-16-2008, 03:22 PM
4 rings biatch!

koriwhat
12-16-2008, 04:04 PM
fuck dalls! fuck the mavs! and fuck the cowboys too!

ClingingMars
12-16-2008, 08:30 PM

-Mars

Allanon
12-16-2008, 08:46 PM
Some good comedy in this thread. Always a good time when Texan fans get together

:lol

Reck
12-16-2008, 09:36 PM
I have a wish, too.

Your comebacks are lame as fuck.

Reggie Miller
12-16-2008, 09:44 PM
Dirk is good peoples.

He may be a big German dork, but he is good people. I hope for his sake he gets a ring before it's all over, if just to silence the groundlings.

Kobe™
12-16-2008, 10:16 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/al3wg4.png

METALMiKE
12-16-2008, 10:27 PM
Cowboys play in Irving and soon to be Arlington, not Dallas. :-p

Dallas sucks

dirk4mvp
12-16-2008, 10:59 PM
I don't live in either Dallas nor San Antonio, but I think I'd throw up in my mouth every morning if I knew I woke up in the same town as that shitty water everyday.

timvp
12-16-2008, 11:03 PM
I don't live in either Dallas nor San Antonio, but I think I'd throw up in my mouth every morning if I knew I woke up in the same town as that shitty water everyday.
FR, F.

Shank
12-17-2008, 12:00 AM
Your comebacks are lame as fuck.

All of them or just this one in particular? Because you seem to think you know everything for some poser fuck that signed up 40 days ago.

Reck
12-17-2008, 12:14 AM
All of them or just this one in particular? Because you seem to think you know everything for some poser fuck that signed up 40 days ago.

Why so serious?

Juanobili
12-17-2008, 12:20 AM

got an example? link

urunobili
12-17-2008, 07:34 AM
grow up. a lil trashtalkin between fans never hurt noone.

I don't despise any mav except the owner, Terry and Stackhouse

J-Ho anyone? :cell:

Shank
12-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Why so serious?

Sweet. Movie quotes now. You, sir, are a badass.