PDA

View Full Version : LOL crazy phone call I got...

CosmicCowboy
12-16-2008, 02:41 PM
First, some background...I own the property my business sits on (with my partner) which is right off of I35 in downtown San Antonio. We have a billboard location that is leased by Clear Channel Communication. I negotiated the long term contract years ago and instead of going with a flat monthly fee I negotiated it as a percentage of gross revenue...It's certainly nothing to retire on but it's a nice little check every month...

Anyway...I got a call recently from a very nice lady at Clear Channel. She told me that her boss had asked her to make a courtesy call to me notifying us that our rent was about to be reduced.

I was like...uhhh...what do you mean you are reducing our rent? We have a contract...

She was like...*sigh*...I know but my boss wanted me to call you and explain that it was "hard times" and we need you to agree to voluntarily reduce your rent...

LOL...I was like...uhhhh...we have a contract...why should I do that? Clear Channel is like a bazillion dollar a year company and we are just little guys...Why should I cut the rent?...I only make money if you guys make money...(my location is rented 24/7/365)

LOL she was like...*sigh*

I know. But my boss still made me call and ask. *sigh*

BacktoBasics
12-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Deperate times for Clear Channel.

How can I get a job working along side CosmicCowboy so I can handle calls like this for him.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Deperate times for Clear Channel.

How can I get a job working along side CosmicCowboy so I can handle calls like this for him.

ask him for it?

Viva Las Espuelas
12-16-2008, 02:50 PM
i'd tell them to piss off and thanks for ruining music.

I Love Me Some Me
12-16-2008, 02:53 PM
Tell them you'll reduce their rent if they fire Taylor.

Slydragon
12-16-2008, 05:03 PM
This will be better when the her boss makes the actual call.

fatsack
12-16-2008, 05:22 PM
from: http://www.clearchanneloutdoor.com/corporate/investor_relations.htm
Clear Channel Outdoor’s net income and diluted earnings per share were $9.1 million and $0.03, respectively, during the third quarter of 2008.

You can be damn sure they won't be calling you raising their rent when their net income is back up tp $50+ million a qtr. A contract is a contract only when it benefits <b>them</b>.

Fuck them.

Perhaps their competitor would like to make a bid?

http://www.cbsoutdoor.com/