PDA

View Full Version : Javtokas So Far = Best Dynamo Player

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Robertas Javtokas has I think so far been best player of Dynamo Moscow in Eurocup (second level of Europe). This is same team that have these players that have play in NBA. He is having best year can be argue of all these players.

Travis Hansen
Jannero Pargo
Sergey Monya
Yaroslav Korolev
Bostjan Nachbar

Also he is in same league as Jorge Garbajosa and Carlos Delfino and he is so far also perform better than them in Eurocup league.

Javtokas is ready for NBA level and to be Spurs starting center.

Stump
12-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the update. Do you have any of his stats?

MaNuMaNiAc
12-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Robertas Javtokas has I think so far been best player of Dynamo Moscow in Eurocup (second level of Europe). This is same team that have these players that have play in NBA. He is having best year can be argue of all these players.

Travis Hansen
Jannero Pargo
Sergey Monya
Yaroslav Korolev
Bostjan Nachbar

Also he is in same league as Jorge Garbajosa and Carlos Delfino and he is so far also perform better than them in Eurocup league.

Javtokas is ready for NBA level and to be Spurs starting center.

:lol You honestly believe someone here has the power to make that happen, don't you? :rollin

CubanMustGo
12-16-2008, 03:44 PM

Travis Hansen
Jannero Pargo
Sergey Monya
Yaroslav Korolev
Bostjan Nachbar

This is kind of like saying dog poop is the best smelling kind, isn't it ?

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-16-2008, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the update. Do you have any of his stats?

78.6 FG%
61.1 FT%

13.8 points
4.8 rebounds
0.8 assists
0.8 steals
0.3 blocks
1.5 turnovers
17.0 player rating

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-16-2008, 03:46 PM
This is kind of like saying dog poop is the best smelling kind, isn't it ?

He is ready to start at center for Spurs. Kurt Thomas or Oberto could never have such stats in same league.

TheProfessor
12-16-2008, 03:51 PM
He is ready to start at center for Spurs. Kurt Thomas or Oberto could never have such stats in same league.
You do realize Matt Bonner currently starts at center for the Spurs, right?

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-16-2008, 03:54 PM
You do realize Matt Bonner currently starts at center for the Spurs, right?

You do realize he should be on bench and is really PF?

TheProfessor
12-16-2008, 03:57 PM
You do realize he should be on bench and is really PF?
Yeah, God knows he's playing so poorly in his current role.

Tully365
12-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Javtokas looks pretty good, as does Gist. Here are their euroleague stats so far:

Javtokas
13.8 ppg
4.8 rpg
78.6 FG%
0.8 spg
0.3 bpg

Gist
12.8 ppg
5.8 rpg
58.7 FG%
1.2 spg
1.3 bpg

Of course, these stats come from a small sample of games.... but it's nice to see two potential future Spurs playing so well.

TheProfessor
12-16-2008, 04:01 PM
I am surprised Javtokas is not blocking shots at a higher rate, maybe it's just the small sample size. The Spurs will never bring him over, so whatever. His window of opportunity for better or for worse has passed.

tav1
12-16-2008, 04:07 PM
I am surprised Javtokas is not blocking shots at a higher rate, maybe it's just the small sample size. The Spurs will never bring him over, so whatever. His window of opportunity for better or for worse has passed.

I've heard from a source close to the situation that the Spurs do have a qualified interest in signing Javtokas next summer, when his Dynamo contract expires. They continue to see him as a rotation big, but not a starter. If Javtokas ever wants to play in the NBA--yes, he would probably take a pay cut--it would have to be on his next contract. Whether or not they can agree on a contract is another issue. I agree that it probably won't happen, but I don't think it's a completely dead scenario.

Tully365
12-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Javtokas looks pretty good, as does Gist. Here are their euroleague stats so far:

Javtokas
13.8 ppg
4.8 rpg
78.6 FG%
0.8 spg
0.3 bpg

Gist
12.8 ppg
5.8 rpg
58.7 FG%
1.2 spg
1.3 bpg

Of course, these stats come from a small sample of games.... but it's nice to see two potential future Spurs playing so well.

Also, here are Tiago Splitter's numbers so far:

14.8 ppg
4.3 rpg
76.7 FG%
0.3 spg
1.2 bpg

It's interesting to see that Gist is listed as a Small Forward on his team's site rather than a PF.

TheProfessor
12-16-2008, 04:12 PM
I've heard from a source close to the situation that the Spurs do have a qualified interest in signing Javtokas next summer, when his Dynamo contract expires. They continue to see him as a rotation big, but not a starter. If Javtokas ever wants to play in the NBA--yes, he would probably take a pay cut--it would have to be on his next contract. Whether or not they can agree on a contract is another issue. I agree that it probably won't happen, but I don't think it's a completely dead scenario.
That makes some sense, but I see it being much like the last time - low-ball offer from the Spurs, much more lucrative ones where he's already proven productive. An easy decision for Javtokas. I was actually hoping he would play well and garner interest from a team willing to pay him more, making him a trade commodity.

hater
12-16-2008, 04:12 PM
Javtokas > Thomas

not sure about Oberto

no way Javtokas > Bonner at this point

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-16-2008, 04:14 PM

Javtokas
13.8 ppg
4.8 rpg
78.6 FG%
0.8 spg
0.3 bpg

Gist
12.8 ppg
5.8 rpg
58.7 FG%
1.2 spg
1.3 bpg

They do NOT play in Euroleague. Those is Eurocup stats for Javtokas which is level below Euroleague and Italy League stats for Gist which is several levels below Euroleague.

TheProfessor
12-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Also, here are Tiago Splitter's numbers so far:

14.8 ppg
4.3 rpg
76.7 FG%
0.3 spg
1.2 bpg

It's interesting to see that Gist is listed as a Small Forward on his team's site rather than a PF.
I still hold out hope for Tiago, maybe '10.

In terms of size and athleticism, Gist seems ideal for that combo forward role. It was just a matter of making that transition on the perimeter.

Tully365
12-16-2008, 04:15 PM

I have to agree with you. The Spurs are a smart organization and will keep multiple options open. If there is (as it seems) a plan to sign a big free agent in 2010, there will be a need to bring in some lower cost role players to play alongside them. I'd bet on Mason and Hill being extended, but there's a good chance that Thomas, Oberto, and Bowen will not. If the Spurs were lucky enough to land Bosh or Dirk and add Splitter and/or Javtokas as bigs and Gist as a combo forward (or possibly new starting SF), they would be looking very strong for a few more runs at titles before Timmy decides to hang up his adidas for good.

tav1
12-16-2008, 04:16 PM
That makes some sense, but I see it being much like the last time - low-ball offer from the Spurs, much more lucrative ones where he's already proven productive. An easy decision for Javtokas. I was actually hoping he would play well and garner interest from a team willing to pay him more, making him a trade commodity.

The trade commodity thing is a good thought. There is also the fact that the Spurs don't have roster space.

Duncan
Bonner
Oberto
Thomas
Mahinmi
Tolliver

Javtokas
Gist

Oberto contract is not fully guaranteed through next season; Thomas could be moved with 3.8 million dollar expiring deal next summer; Tolliver might not make it through the season. Still, one would bet that Oberto and Thomas remain and that Tolliver has even odds.

Tully365
12-16-2008, 04:17 PM
They do NOT play in Euroleague. Those is Eurocup stats for Javtokas which is level below Euroleague and Italy League stats for Gist which is several levels below Euroleague.

You're right-- I was just using the only available stats so far on Gist.

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-16-2008, 04:20 PM
You're right-- I was just using the only available stats so far on Gist.

Gist stats for level like Italy League is solid but not good. But when consider how poor his team is those stats are not so good at all.

But

Javtokas stats = very good for Eurocup level and for team he play on

Splitter stats = very, very good for Euroleague level and team he play on

TheProfessor
12-16-2008, 04:20 PM
The trade commodity thing is a good thought. There is also the fact that the Spurs don't have roster space.

Duncan
Bonner
Oberto
Thomas
Mahinmi
Tolliver

Javtokas
Gist

Oberto contract is not fully guaranteed through next season; Thomas could be moved with 3.8 million dollar expiring deal next summer; Tolliver might not make it through the season. Still, one would bet that Oberto and Thomas remain and that Tolliver has even odds.
I suspect if Gist is brought over, he'll take Tolliver's slot, if he does survive the season. Bonner has played so well that Tolliver's perimeter insurance isn't necessary, and Gist has much greater potential defensively. Of course, if he does not show marked improvement, the Spurs could decide to leave him overseas and look elsewhere.

Indazone
12-16-2008, 04:23 PM
did you know that Pargo's agent is sending out feelers for him? Apparently, he might opt out using "Breach of Contract" because Dynamo isn't paying him.

Tully365
12-16-2008, 04:24 PM
Gist stats for level like Italy League is solid but not good. But when consider how poor his team is those stats are not so good at all.

But

Javtokas stats = very good for Eurocup level and for team he play on

Splitter stats = very, very good for Euroleague level and team he play on

Agreed. Though you've got to like Gist's steals and blocks averages. If nothing else, they are good indicators of his defensive-minded tendencies.

TheProfessor
12-16-2008, 04:26 PM
Agreed. Though you've got to like Gist's steals and blocks averages. If nothing else, they are good indicators of his defensive-minded tendencies.
His numbers may not be mind-blowing on their face, but if he's playing out on the perimeter more at SF, that's still pretty positive. And yes, the hustle indicators are always nice.

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-16-2008, 04:27 PM
did you know that Pargo's agent is sending out feelers for him? Apparently, he might opt out using "Breach of Contract" because Dynamo isn't paying him.

It's same BS as Delfino. If you notice Pargo is play like shit for level of league he is in. This is standard in all Europe. As soon as "big name" players plays poorly and is severely overpay he say he is not pay by club and demands out of contract.

Almost EVERY such instance in history of basketball in Europe is this same way. Has nothing to do with team he is on. There is many teams where he might not be get pay but is not so in team like Dynamo.

Pargo is expose as POS player so far this year. He is not even good enough for lead Eurocup level team to so far.

Tully365
12-16-2008, 04:27 PM
Gist has an insane 7'4" wingspan-- better than some starting centers in the NBA, which would be a tremendous weapon if he was able to make the transition to Bowen-type small forward. Imagine having Duncan, Splitter, Gist, and Hill on the floor defending in the closing minutes of a quarter or a game.... that would be some incredible defensive length.

angelbelow
12-16-2008, 04:29 PM
well im sure he cant be worst than oberto.

TheProfessor
12-16-2008, 04:35 PM
well im sure he cant be worst than oberto.
Depends what you're talking about. He's more athletic and will probably rebound at a higher rate. But Oberto has a 2/1 A/TO ratio this year; Javtokas is the reverse in eurocup. I also like him off the bench with Ginobili, they read each other well.

Tully365
12-16-2008, 04:48 PM
Depends what you're talking about. He's more athletic and will probably rebound at a higher rate. But Oberto has a 2/1 A/TO ratio this year; Javtokas is the reverse in eurocup. I also like him off the bench with Ginobili, they read each other well.

I still think Oberto has value, and he definitely plays better when he's sharing the court with Manu. Another interesting stat: Oberto averages the same amount of assists per game (1.8) as Corey Maggette, despite playing the fact that Maggette averages 34.8 mpg while Oberto gets only 17.5 mpg.

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-16-2008, 04:49 PM

How many time does it have to be explain that in Europe assists are count different? Jose Calderon career average for assist in Euroleague was 2 per game.

TheProfessor
12-16-2008, 04:55 PM
How many time does it have to be explain that in Europe assists are count different? Jose Calderon career average for assist in Euroleague was 2 per game.
This doesn't change the fact that he has more turnovers than assists at an inferior level of competition. Are his assists going to increase and his turnovers decrease if he comes over? All the comparison shows is that Oberto is likely more of a facilitator, that's it.

Bruno
12-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Dynamo Moscow played 4 Eurocup games. Drawing some kind of conclusions on a that small sample is plain stupid.

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Yes ESPN Hollinger has state many times Euroleague players will average more rebounds and assists in NBA than in Euroleague. That is why Calderon only has 2 assist per game in Euroleague.

mountainballer
12-16-2008, 06:27 PM
jesus, is there any kind of award for most stupid claims in the history of internet?
absolutely none in Europe is interested in the Eurocup, especially not in the group phase.
every major domestic league in Europe offers much tougher competition. numbers from a few Eurocup games mean as much as numbers from NBA pre season games. only totally clueless fools try to read this numbers to jugde the quality of a player.
the Russian league is currently a much tougher competition for Javtokas than the Eurocup.
why don't you write that there isn't exactly impressing? (9 games, 9.1 PPG, 5.2 RPG, 0.9 BPG, 23 MPG)
or that Javtokas was totally outplayed this weekend by a player named Nenad Krstic!
overall javtokas is doing decent for this level, much like last year. to claim he would be a starter for the Spurs is as ridiculous as calling Sergei Karaulov the perfect back up center for that scenario.

and why do you lie about Pargo? he is doing quite well in the Russian league (14.6 PPG, 5.2 APG in 27 MPG).
and the by far best player of Dynamo currently is Bostjan Nachbar. (16.8 PPG, 6.1 RPG)
people here know that you don't have the slightest idea about the NBA, but some seem to think you have some kind of knowledge about Euro basketball. that's about as accurate as a statement that Greek players are dominating the NBA.

CubanMustGo
12-16-2008, 06:30 PM
jesus, is there any kind of award for most stupid claims in the history of internet?
absolutely none in Europe is interested in the Eurocup, especially not in the group phase.
every major domestic league in Europe offers much tougher competition. numbers from a few Eurocup games mean as much as numbers from NBA pre season games. only totally clueless fools try to read this numbers to jugde the quality of a player.
the Russian league is currently a much tougher competition for Javtokas than the Eurocup.
why don't you write that there isn't exactly impressing? (9 games, 9.1 PPG, 5.2 RPG, 0.9 BPG, 23 MPG)
or that Javtokas was totally outplayed this weekend by a player named Nenad Krstic!
overall javtokas is doing decent for this level, much like last year. to claim he would be a starter for the Spurs is as ridiculous as calling Sergei Karaulov the perfect back up center for that scenario.

and why do you lie about Pargo? he is doing quite well in the Russian league (14.6 PPG, 5.2 APG in 27 MPG).
and the by far best player of Dynamo currently is Bostjan Nachbar. (16.8 PPG, 6.1 RPG)
people here know that you don't have the slightest idea about the NBA, but some seem to think you have some kind of knowledge about Euro basketball. that's about as accurate as a statement that Greek players are dominating the NBA.

KBP just got :owned

benefactor
12-16-2008, 06:31 PM
and why do you lie about Pargo?
Why not? It's not like he is being totally forthcoming about some other things too.....

objective
12-16-2008, 06:34 PM

How is that some kind of horrible thing? Nenad was a legit NBA starting center. He's not some mystery man. I would expect Javtokas to get outplayed by Nenad.

mountainballer
12-16-2008, 06:41 PM
How is that some kind of horrible thing? Nenad was a legit NBA starting center. He's not some mystery man. I would expect Javtokas to get outplayed by Nenad.

you got me wrong. this should display the ability of Javtokas to defend a NBA level player, even if this player is a shadow of the player he was two years ago, before his injury. (Krstic would currently be an average back up center in the NBA at best)

ClingingMars
12-16-2008, 07:10 PM

I've never seen KBP get owned so badly.

-Mars

mrspurs
12-17-2008, 07:16 AM

Never seen your boy play. But Ill have to agree with ya on this one. I dont think it would be to hard to outplay Fab and Kurt. If Matt can do it, anyone with some talent can.

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-17-2008, 02:03 PM

You are idiot.

Manufan909
12-17-2008, 04:45 PM
You are idiot.

Counter owned!!!:downspin:

T Park
12-17-2008, 04:56 PM
Ah the fake greek spreading more BS lies in here I see.

Hows the weather in Houston?

tp2021
12-17-2008, 05:04 PM
You are idiot.

I like your witty retort in my sig better.

ClingingMars
12-17-2008, 05:30 PM
I like your witty retort in my sig better.

:lmao

-Mars