PDA

View Full Version : Paul Pierce scared of the Hawks or up to his old Wheelchair antics?

Allanon
12-16-2008, 05:52 PM
I remember Paul Pierce going out in a wheelchair last year in the Finals only to come back as the hero to save the game.

BOSTON -- Paul Pierce plans to test his injured left knee at the Boston Celtics' shootaround before the game in Atlanta on Wednesday.

Pierce was helped off the court after scrambling for a defensive rebound with 31 seconds left in the Celtics' 100-91 victory over the Utah Jazz on Monday night. He was examined Tuesday before the team left for Atlanta.

Boston, the defending NBA champions, has won 15 straight games. The Celtics have a 23-2 record and are led by Pierce and Ray Allen, who each are averaging 18.6 points a game.

Coach Doc Rivers said Monday night that trainer Ed Lacerte thought Pierce would be fine.

DrHouse
12-16-2008, 06:00 PM
He will play, the Celtics are gunning for the 72-10 record.

Dex
12-16-2008, 06:02 PM
He will play, the Celtics are gunning for the 72-10 record.

Let them.

Less gas left for the real season.

Boston Pancake
12-16-2008, 06:04 PM
I remember Paul Pierce going out in a wheelchair last year in the Finals only to come back as the hero to save the game.

Looks like there's still some fucksticks here that are bitter about 131-92.

sonic21
12-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Less gas left for the real season.

that's what everybody thought last year

Allanon
12-16-2008, 06:05 PM

There will always be fucksticks in Boston and it starts with Tommy and pours down to the fans.

Celtics will be the latest in the recent Boston tradition of one hit wonders.

Spur-Addict
12-16-2008, 06:11 PM
Yeah i'm sure he planned for some guy to roll into his leg.

resistanze
12-16-2008, 06:12 PM
There will always be fucksticks in Boston and it starts with Tommy and pours down to the fans.

Celtics will be the latest in the recent Boston tradition of one hit wonders.
Do you still think the Lakers are winning 75 games?

Allanon
12-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Do you still think the Lakers are winning 75 games?

Last year, with Pau Gasol playing, they won 85% of their games, good for 70 wins.

This year, I think they will win 70 or more, 75 will be difficult but not impossible.

At 87% wins Lakers right now are on pace for 72/73 wins.

DrHouse
12-16-2008, 06:21 PM
If the Lakers played D like they did the 1st 7 games they could go for 70+, but they have shown they are incapable of that.

I honestly don't care. All I care about is that Phil has this team ready to go come playoff team. Pop and Phil both know how to get their teams peaking at the right time.

Spur-Addict
12-16-2008, 06:24 PM
If the Lakers played D like they did the 1st 7 games they could go for 70+, but they have shown they are incapable of that.

I honestly don't care. All I care about is that Phil has this team ready to go come playoff team. Pop and Phil both know how to get their teams peaking at the right time.

Very true, Phil is good at that.

Ghazi
12-16-2008, 06:27 PM
Shut the fuck up people, nobody's winning 75 games this year. Or 70.

Kobe™
12-16-2008, 06:27 PM
68* barring injuries

Allanon
12-16-2008, 06:28 PM

I understand your take on that. It'd be cool if they're a history making team but not at the expense of the Playoffs.

However, I think the 70 wins is necessary and likely due to the Boston and Cleveland records. Cleveland will drop off the pace in these next two weeks but I don't see Boston with anything short of 70 wins this year.

So if the Lakers want HCA, which they desperately need, they will have to get at least 70 as well.

Boston last year could have easily won 70 games, they didn't because there was no need to. Celtics locked up HCA early and rested their starters.

This year both teams will propel each other to 70 to get HCA.

Bob Lanier
12-16-2008, 06:58 PM
I can't seem to find a picture of Pierce with his head bandaged up during the ('05? '06?) playoff series against the Pacers. Too bad.

TheMACHINE
12-16-2008, 07:04 PM

What exactly did Allanon say that wasnt true? A bit defensive are we?

Spur-Addict
12-16-2008, 07:32 PM
What exactly did Allanon say that wasnt true? A bit defensive are we?

I thought that shit was hilarious. I mean seeing as how you had an investment in that series I can see how it wasn't funny, but damn, I almost cried. They had to carry him out, then he came jogging back....:lol

naico
12-16-2008, 07:41 PM
Fuck, he barely got touched on the play. If he comes back playing the next game at full strength, he lost all credibility in my eyes. It's sad. Really sad. He's the real reason Boston got a championship. He should act like one.

lefty
12-16-2008, 07:53 PM
that's what everybody thought last year

And everybody thought they would destroy Hawks and Cavs in the playoffs; those series were close