PDA

View Full Version : WEC fighter in a coma!

djohn14
12-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Luiz Alves, manager of WEC fighter Will Ribeiro, has confirmed to Tatame.com that Ribeiro wrecked his motorcycle earlier today in Rio de Janeiro and is now in a coma at Andaraí's Hospital:

"Things are really bad… The accident happened around 1a.m.. He was riding a bike without a helmet and, when he tried to brake, skided and crashed"

Ribeiro just fought at WEC 37 on December 3 and lost to Brian Bowles via third-round submission.

Im prayin for ya!

BlackSwordsMan
12-16-2008, 08:59 PM
Luiz Alves, manager of WEC fighter Will Ribeiro, has confirmed to Tatame.com that Ribeiro wrecked his motorcycle earlier today in Rio de Janeiro and is now in a coma at Andaraí's Hospital:

"Things are really bad… The accident happened around 1a.m.. He was riding a bike without a helmet and, when he tried to brake, skided and crashed"

Ribeiro just fought at WEC 37 on December 3 and lost to Brian Bowles via third-round submission.

Im prayin for ya!
where's the shrug emoticon?

BlackSwordsMan
12-16-2008, 09:00 PM
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l236/Leland10/shrug.gif

oligarchy
12-16-2008, 09:02 PM
In one sense, you feel bad for the guy. In the other, you wonder why he just didn't put on a helmet.

djohn14
12-16-2008, 09:13 PM
I know...obviously you dont want it to ever happen, but still. Wearing a helmet hurts you in no way...not wearing one...well it can.

dbreiden83080
12-16-2008, 09:19 PM
Anyone who rides a motorcycle without a helmet is just completely nuts. Remember when Ben Roethlisberger crashed on his bike without a helmet and when asked about why he didn't wear one, he said some crap about "It was just more of a freeing experience without one" Yeah right up until you crashed into a car..

djohn14
12-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Anyone who rides a motorcycle without a helmet is just completely nuts. Remember when Ben Roethlisberger crashed on his bike without a helmet and when asked about why he didn't wear one, he said some crap about "It was just more of a freeing experience without one" Yeah right up until you crashed into a car..

I know...thats what this reminded me of.

dallaskd
12-17-2008, 10:47 PM
whats the update?

djohn14
12-17-2008, 10:48 PM
No knew updates...I suppose he is still in the coma.