PDA

View Full Version : Wooooo Hornets v Spurs

Nolazach
12-16-2008, 08:12 PM
Yeah.

You all put us out last year, but its a new season.

I forgot how much I liked this place and the coolest admin ever.

GEAUX Hornets!!!!

Look forward to a good season and hope to see you guys in the playoffs.

Reck
12-16-2008, 08:28 PM
NOH is about to become our new bitch. Just like PHX.

Dex
12-16-2008, 08:45 PM
Welcome back.

Spurs were fortunate to get past the Hornets last spring. I'm pretty sure that feat alone emptied what we had in the tank, and we didn't put up much resistance for the Lakers.

Should be a good game tomorrow. Posey is obviously a solid pickup, and I still don't like to think about the fits that Paul/West give us.

But now you have to deal with the Rocket.

Good luck, but here's hoping for a Spurs win.

duncan228
12-16-2008, 08:50 PM
But now you have to deal with the Rocket.

:)

Dex
12-16-2008, 08:54 PM
:)

fifm. :lol

Be afraid, NBA. Be very afraid.

raspsa
12-16-2008, 09:01 PM
If the Spurs played with the same intensity they displayed against Dallas it should be a terrific game. Really looking forward to Booner continuing his breakout season and Hill getting some minutes against Paul.

pawe
12-16-2008, 09:03 PM
Remember when George Hill played quite well against CP3 during the pre season game? you 'member..'member?

Manu-of-steel
12-16-2008, 09:57 PM
cp3 is having a not-so-good game against the memphis right now. 1 for 7 from the field. but still hornets leads, 60-61 entering the 4th quarter

Anti.Hero
12-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Spurs should go all out against NO and not even worry about Orlando imo.

mfanatic
12-16-2008, 10:09 PM

I totally agree, I want to see a W tomorrow night, how awesome would that feel?

superbigtime
12-16-2008, 10:16 PM
Peja has been pretty bad this year...I have him on one of my fantasy leagues. I want to see what Bonner can do against West and how Hill and Tony will play against chris paul. I'm thinkin win here.

pawe
12-16-2008, 10:19 PM

Yes. A division win is better than a win against an eastern team. cement the first place and secure the homecourt.

Anti.Hero
12-16-2008, 10:23 PM
FUCK ESPNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

I am so sick of these bitches. They spend 10 minutes on the Haws/Celtics preview then keep putting off the Spurs/Hornets preview, they finally get to it and spend 2 mins talking about the Hornets and don't say shit about the Spurs.

And before that when they are showing the videos of the playoff series from last year, the Hornets get multiple plays by Paul in it and the Spurs only get ONE. The Horry back hit on West. LOL

Yorae
12-16-2008, 10:30 PM
Hey the Hornets are actually playing back to back and the Grizzlies really pushed them. That should be an advantage.

phyzik
12-16-2008, 10:55 PM

I am so sick of these bitches. They spend 10 minutes on the Haws/Celtics preview then keep putting off the Spurs/Hornets preview, they finally get to it and spend 2 mins talking about the Hornets and don't say shit about the Spurs.

And before that when they are showing the videos of the playoff series from last year, the Hornets get multiple plays by Paul in it and the Spurs only get ONE. The Horry back hit on West. LOL

The Win will make it so much sweeter. I like The Spurs being the team everyone loves to hate on, it makes it soooo much more fun watching the analysts put their fucking feet in their mouth when they are forced to talk about them.

Chieflion
12-16-2008, 11:49 PM
Hey the Hornets are actually playing back to back and the Grizzlies really pushed them. That should be an advantage.

Don't forget that the Grizzlies were on a four game winning streak before playing the Hornets. They had momentum.

Paul tied Alvin Robertson's most consecutive games with at least a steal record. Let's hope it snaps against the Spurs. We do not want Paul to create a new record against us. Maybe I am just dreaming.

Jmehra1
12-17-2008, 12:21 AM
Both teams are diff. than last year
will be nice to see how bonner, mason, and hill give the spurs that needed advantage
Go Spurs!

DROB4EVER
12-17-2008, 12:26 AM
This will be a good test for us, NO will be fired up for this one. I cant wait to see Hill on Paul. Hope Ian can make a cameo!

Nolazach
12-17-2008, 12:34 AM
spend 2 mins talking about the Hornets and don't say shit about the Spurs.

That is what being a sleeper is, the Spurs have been the definition of a "sleeper" team the last ten years.

I don't think it is a bad thing, I would trade these :lobt: for attention anyday.

Still it will be a great game.

wijayas
12-17-2008, 12:38 AM

Back hit? ==> Back pick. Fixed.:king

xellos88330
12-17-2008, 12:45 AM
Spurs back to back W's will be huge. That should wake up the NBA.

tp2021
12-17-2008, 01:05 AM
Spurs back to back W's will be huge. That should wake up the NBA.

The Spurs are on a 6-game winning streak.

T Park
12-17-2008, 01:25 AM
Spurs drop a close one.

Hornets will be fired up for it, Spurs will be semi fired up.

Cry Havoc
12-17-2008, 03:16 AM
Spurs drop a close one.

Hornets will be fired up for it, Spurs will be semi fired up.

:lmao

I have a very, very good feeling about this game. I'm calling a big statement game for the Spurs. 107-91.

Reck
12-17-2008, 03:26 AM

Isn't it always like that? Spurs get no love from ESPN.

That's why I like to listen to and sometimes watch the Mike & Mike show. They always go into details when talking about which ever team. Too bad its too damn early. lol

urunobili
12-17-2008, 06:35 AM
Hornets on back to back after a tight win yesterday over the Grizz... Spurs vets with 4 days rest and ready to face this team that has become a pain... Conference meaningful game... Spurs by 10 or more... Mason lights up the Horns from downtown with 6 treys...

mrspurs
12-17-2008, 06:51 AM
Cant believe what Im reading. Beat NO and forget about Orlando? Oh heck no. Beat the heck out of both of them. That would make a statement to LA and Boston. I could careless what kind of statement it would make for ESPN. People shouldnt take what ESPN talks about so personal. Its like taking advice from a bunch of clowns in a car. Just not worth it.

gingerwave
12-17-2008, 09:30 AM
The hornets aren't really playing all that great right now.

BRHornet45
12-17-2008, 10:00 AM
sons sure the Hornets played like ass last night, but they still got the W and are just coming off of a 3 game road trip. They will be fired up tonight. should be a good close game.

oh and as far as Peja goes .... I don't expect anything better than a 30% shooting night and 8-10 points from him as usual (especially with Bowen guarding him tonight). he has been a non factor for us this entire season. Most Hornets fans have been making excuses for Peja (simply because he is a fan favorite) and trying to justify his shitty playing. A lot of fans are blaming it on coaching and that he is not being utilized the right way ... I say bullshit to that. Coaching isn't making Peja miss wide open shots or not allowing him to get open. He really needs to get his shit together because we need his 15-20 point average.

urunobili
12-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Can't wait for pop to put Bowen on Chris Punk 3 again... :stirpot:

Red Hawk #21
12-17-2008, 10:39 AM
Good luck to the Spurs, I hate Chris Paul and David west so much.

cjjr72984
12-17-2008, 10:55 AM
sons sure the Hornets played like ass last night, but they still got the W and are just coming off of a 3 game road trip. They will be fired up tonight. should be a good close game.

oh and as far as Peja goes .... I don't expect anything better than a 30% shooting night and 8-10 points from him as usual (especially with Bowen guarding him tonight). he has been a non factor for us this entire season. Most Hornets fans have been making excuses for Peja (simply because he is a fan favorite) and trying to justify his shitty playing. A lot of fans are blaming it on coaching and that he is not being utilized the right way ... I say bullshit to that. Coaching isn't making Peja miss wide open shots or not allowing him to get open. He really needs to get his shit together because we need his 15-20 point average.

I'm a Hornets fan and I dont make excuses for Peja. He is not shooting well at all this year. Posey and Rasual Butler have been our key shooters this year and they're the guys the Spurs have to worry about.

BRHornet45
12-17-2008, 11:02 AM
I'm a Hornets fan and I dont make excuses for Peja. He is not shooting well at all this year. Posey and Rasual Butler have been our key shooters this year and they're the guys the Spurs have to worry about.

son your are right. Its funny how most of the fans on the Hornets message board are blaming the coaching for Peja's poor play. The problem is that Peja is such a big fan favorite that most fans refuse to put the blame on him so they attempt to justify his pathetic playing by making excuses like "well he is not being utilized the right way!". WTF .... at least 60% of the shots that Peja has taken this season he has been WIDE ASS open. He just isn't putting them down.

hater
12-17-2008, 11:04 AM
I predict we will see more of Chris Pauls gems tonight:
3TaRdBpxfrw

BRHornet45
12-17-2008, 11:08 AM
I predict we will see more of Chris Pauls gems tonight:
3TaRdBpxfrw

yea son kinda like this one too ...

fEef1T_lqwA

urunobili
12-17-2008, 11:13 AM
yea son kinda like this one too ...

fEef1T_lqwA

a blow to his face similar to the Oscar award winner of flopping of last season? :lol you'll have to research something better than that... :lmao

nkdlunch
12-17-2008, 12:21 PM
Oscar winning???

that was the most pathetic attempt at a flop ever

Blake
12-17-2008, 12:29 PM
I think the hornets and crowd are gonna really be fired up for this one.

A double digit Spur loss wouldn't surprise me.

Nolazach
12-17-2008, 02:44 PM
Most Hornets fans have been making excuses for Peja (simply because he is a fan favorite) and trying to justify his shitty playing.

My theory on that is the same reason why Bowen has fans.

Some people just want to support "the white guy"

NIH
12-17-2008, 02:55 PM
The hornets aren't really playing all that great right now.

They're just a mere 9-2 over the past 11 games. :lol

BRHornet45
12-17-2008, 03:26 PM

Some people just want to support "the white guy"

LMAO such truth

BRHornet45
12-17-2008, 03:28 PM
I think the hornets and crowd are gonna really be fired up for this one.

A double digit Spur loss wouldn't surprise me.

no doubt son. expect the boos to come out every time the Spurs touch the ball. that is turning into a routine thing whenever the Spurs come to town. boo

ClingingMars
12-17-2008, 03:35 PM

because he's been one of the best defenders in the NBA for years? :lol

-Mars

nkdlunch
12-17-2008, 03:38 PM
no doubt son. expect the boos to come out every time the Spurs touch the ball. that is turning into a routine thing whenever the Spurs come to town. boo

yup, this is routine for Spurs. They get booed coming into any town, expecially whenever Spurs return to a town where they broke hearts the previous playoffs.

Dallas, Seattle, LA, Phoenix, Detroit, etc, etc.....

:hat

Nolazach
12-17-2008, 04:00 PM
LMAO such truth

Oh now I remember you from last May, son.

:downspin::downspin:

I've been on Tigerdroppings, but need to spend more time at the Asylum, there is definetly a need for a big Hornets board.

Anyway cheers, and I too expect to stick around this place throught the season.

BRHornet45
12-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Oh now I remember you from last May, son.

:downspin::downspin:

I've been on Tigerdroppings, but need to spend more time at the Asylum, there is definetly a need for a big Hornets board.

Anyway cheers, and I too expect to stick around this place throught the season.

Hornets Asylum is decent ... but still a lot of clueless "new" fans all over that board. It has potential, but I think they average about 5 post per day over there lol .... however with that said, Hornets Asylum is still 1000000 times better than that Nazi owned Hornets Report bullshit.

Kori please make us a HornetsTalk here! I mean dear God, if the fucking Kings still have a section, then we should too LOL

NIH
12-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Hornets Asylum is decent ... but still a lot of clueless "new" fans all over that board. It has potential, but I think they average about 5 post per day over there lol .... however with that said, Hornets Asylum is still 1000000 times better than that Nazi owned Hornets Report bullshit.

Kori please make us a HornetsTalk here! I mean dear God, if the fucking Kings still have a section, then we should too LOL

Well, we've only been around since April since we split with HR. Things will get better as the site gets older and more established on the interwebz.

Reck
12-17-2008, 04:29 PM

True that. No offense to the Kings fans here but I think the Kings board has ran its course. It should be replaced with another board that would generate posts daily.

BRHornet45
12-17-2008, 04:31 PM
True that. No offense to the Kings fans here but I think the Kings board has ran its course. It should be replaced with another board that would generate posts daily.

and since the Hornets and Spurs have started a nice little rivalry .... what better choice?? :)

cjjr72984
12-17-2008, 04:37 PM
They're just a mere 9-2 over the past 11 games. :lol

Lol, yea I laughed when I saw that. Idk how they think we're not playing well.

Nolazach
12-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Well, we've only been around since April since we split with HR. Things will get better as the site gets older and more established on the interwebz.

I haven't came across problems at Hornets report yet. I know SaintsReport was/is ran by Nazi's. I joined the Asylum last May and just made my first post today.

Report actually has less people on it right now, and Asylum is highly reccomended by the people at Tigerdroppings. Everytime someone asks to add the Hornets to TD people link to Hornets Asylum.

I think it will grow, only a slight problem, the text to background doesn't have enough contrast, but other than that its a great site, I plan to spend a lot more time there.

There is just too many forums for me to keep track of with the NFL and College still going on, next month I can put all my attention on the Hornets.\

I did notice on HR whenever you make a complaint people jump on you.

I complained about the Cox deal and got many "well really it is a good deal for a small market"

BS I have DirecTV and can't watch any away games that aren't national even though I have league pass.

Anyway, NIH you have a cool site, I really hope it grows along with the Hornets.