PDA

View Full Version : McDonald: Bonner Not A Fan Of Cajun Cooking

duncan228
12-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Bonner not a fan of Cajun cooking (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Bonner_not_a_fan_of_Cajun_cooking.html)
By Jeff McDonald

NEW ORLEANS — Among the more underrated side benefits of the Hornets' full-time return to New Orleans last season: The food.

Among NBA foodies, the Big Easy unofficially ranks as the culinary capital of the league.

Unless you ask Spurs center Matt Bonner. As the league's reigning Earl of sandwiches, Bonner prefers ... Minneapolis?

“Might be the best sandwich city in the country,” Bonner gushed recently. “They've got everything: Subway, Quizno's, Potbelly's, Jimmy John's, Cozy, Panera. You name it, it's there.”

Reminded that one of New Orleans' most famous gastronomic creations is the po' boy sandwich, Bonner engaged in a game of semantics.

“I grew up in New England,” said Bonner, a native of Concord, N.H., “We call them grinders. My dad, on Friday nights, it was ‘roast beef or turkey grinders?'”

By any name, however, Bonner is no fan of the po' boy.

“Being from New England, I don't like spices or Cajun food,” he said. “I've tried it. It's just not for me.”

The Spurs play at New Orleans tonight. Here's guessing Bonner sticks with Subway for his pregame lunch.

Game 7 revisited: Spurs guard Manu Ginobili still recalls the last 12 minutes his team spent in New Orleans Arena.

The Spurs held off a fourth-quarter Hornets charge to win Game 7 of last season's Western Conference semifinals. It is the only Game 7 road victory in club history.

“We kept our composure at all times and moved the ball and made a lot of shots,” said Ginobili, who had 26 points in the clincher. “I remember in the fourth quarter, when they saw the game going away, we kept our cool. We kept playing, and they couldn't get it.”

Michael Finley said he thinks the Hornets' playoff inexperience got to them in Game 7.

“I think they were more or less trying to play a perfect game instead of the freelance-type program they're accustomed to,” Finley said. “The teams that do well in the playoffs are the teams that continue to do what they do well and don't let other teams dictate the way they want to play.”

A month (or so) of milestones: Spurs forward Tim Duncan is five rebounds away from posting 10,000 for his career. Already this season, Duncan scored his 18,000th point and blocked his 2,000th shot.

Only six players in NBA history have accomplished all of the above, a list that includes former Spurs center David Robinson.

SenorSpur
12-17-2008, 01:26 PM
Pay no attention to Bonner's choice of cuisine. He grew up in New England, for goshsakes!

tp2021
12-17-2008, 01:31 PM
Pay no attention to Bonner's choice of cuisine. He grew up in New England, for goshsakes!

aRn5-LQCg2s

SenorSpur
12-17-2008, 01:34 PM
:lmao

Too damn funny

z0sa
12-17-2008, 01:44 PM
I love that family guy thing. When i first saw it a good while back I was seriously cracking up for ages.

PM5K
12-17-2008, 02:07 PM
Authentic New Orleans food is a little hard to stomach for me, but I'll eat it from anywhere else...

lefty
12-17-2008, 02:16 PM
Michael Finley said he thinks the Hornets' playoff inexperience got to them in Game 7.

“I think they were more or less trying to play a perfect game instead of the freelance-type program they're accustomed to,” Finley said. “The teams that do well in the playoffs are the teams that continue to do what they do well and don't let other teams dictate the way they want to play.”

:tu

SpurSupremacist
12-17-2008, 02:18 PM
I like how Bonner is becoming a star. You know you are a star when people care about what you eat.

ashbeeigh
12-17-2008, 02:19 PM
I love that family guy thing. When i first saw it a good while back I was seriously cracking up for ages.

I think that's one of the funniest family guy scene's ever.

And as for matt, I don't know how he survives in San Antonio. Has he eaten Mexican food here??

SenorSpur
12-17-2008, 02:32 PM
I think that's one of the funniest family guy scene's ever.

And as for matt, I don't know how he survives in San Antonio. Has he eaten Mexican food here??

I'm not even a big family guy fan, having not watched it very much. But after watching that, I just might start.

K-State Spur
12-17-2008, 02:37 PM
The Spurs held off a fourth-quarter Hornets charge to win Game 7 of last season's Western Conference semifinals. It is the only Game 7 road victory in club history.

My calculations show that victory to be impossible - Hollinger.

T Park
12-17-2008, 02:55 PM
I can see how he doesn't like spiceyness.

Hes one that probobly feels the mild packet at Taco Bell is a walk on the wild side.

z0sa
12-17-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm not even a big family guy fan, having not watched it very much. But after watching that, I just might start.

I absolutely love Family Guy. Every season is damn funny up to this point.

NIH
12-17-2008, 02:57 PM
FWIW, Tony Parker is a fan of Chandler's nutsack.
:lmao

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2393/2473246627_31b241bc84_o.jpg

T Park
12-17-2008, 03:03 PM
FWIW your team is still a bitch and can't win close playoff games.

Goodbye.

NIH
12-17-2008, 03:05 PM
We'll see tonight. :)

T Park
12-17-2008, 03:07 PM
We'll see tonight. :)

Tonight isn't a playoff game Mensa.

SpurSupremacist
12-17-2008, 03:09 PM
And as for matt, I don't know how he survives in San Antonio.

When you're rich, you eat what you like.

NIH
12-17-2008, 03:09 PM
I like their chances in the playoffs this year, they have one tough series under their belt with SA plus they added some experienced players like Posey and Daniels who have rings. I see it coming down between us and L.A in the West.

slowchild25
12-17-2008, 03:12 PM
“Might be the best sandwich city in the country,” Bonner gushed recently. “They've got everything: Subway, Quizno's, Potbelly's, Jimmy John's, Cozy, Panera. You name it, it's there.”

If he's being sarcastic that's the funniest thing I've read today, if not... :wow

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-17-2008, 03:13 PM
He's from what, New Hampshire? I guess it's understandable, but seriously, how can you not love a big steaming plate of jambalaya chock full of cayenne? It's great for clearing out yours sinuses during cold and flu season.

King
12-17-2008, 03:14 PM
I was wondering what kind of food Matt Bonner liked. I'm glad that they finally dedicated an article to it.

Spur-Addict
12-17-2008, 03:31 PM
I was wondering what kind of food Matt Bonner liked. I'm glad that they finally dedicated an article to it.

Really?? :wow

:lol

SenorSpur
12-17-2008, 03:33 PM
He's probably a fan of chicken pot pie.

1Parker1
12-17-2008, 04:00 PM
This is like the 3rd article I've read about Bonners love for sandwiches. :lol

I think they were more or less trying to play a perfect game instead of the freelance-type program they're accustomed to,” Finley said. “The teams that do well in the playoffs are the teams that continue to do what they do well and don't let other teams dictate the way they want to play.”

Hmm, wish they'd remembered that against LA last season! :depressed

King
12-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Really?? :wow

:lol

No, absolutely not. That was my point.

Manufan909
12-17-2008, 04:30 PM
aRn5-LQCg2s

Stewie reminds me of when I was little, and dreaded vomiting to no end. But now I'm 19 and I was eating pizza while watching that and feel great. :toast to tpark, good find. Did you see that on the show, or just happen upon it on youtube?

MoSpur
12-17-2008, 05:03 PM
Some sweet potato french fries sounds good right about now.

Bill Brasky
12-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Don't talk bad about our food!!!! :mad2: :alex:.

Duncanoypi
12-18-2008, 01:04 PM
I love family guy!

Stewie Griffin FTW!