PDA

View Full Version : What the Celtics are getting away with is a travesty to basketball

DrHouse
12-17-2008, 08:43 PM
I'm sorry from the moving screens, pushing, shoving, hacking, BS touch fouls on opposing teams.....it's no surprise that their record is this good. They don't need to be spotted 5-6 BS calls a game by the refs.

ClingingMars
12-17-2008, 08:45 PM
completely agreed.

-Mars

RsxPiimp
12-17-2008, 08:48 PM
yeah. i was going to make a similar thread.

kg gets a whole lot for his moving screens its really disgusting. another thing is how paul pierce gets a lot of leeway in grabbing and the drama queen flops a whole lot when he drives to the basket.

these champs sure do act like a bunch of pussies

Many PackYao
12-17-2008, 08:48 PM
I agree. It's fucking 8 on 5 out there.Any team vs the Celtics is already at a disadvantage.The Celts plus the 3 refs=automatic win.:p:

lil_penny
12-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Refs the celtics 6th man haha..

dirk4mvp
12-17-2008, 09:06 PM
You should try to watch a Laker game without homer glasses on. It's like watching the Celtics in gay colors.

RsxPiimp
12-17-2008, 09:07 PM
this is worst than the wade/heat officiating

lil_penny
12-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Flip murray says in your face refs.

Armando
12-17-2008, 09:11 PM
this is worst than the Suns/Spurs 2007 playoffs
officiating

Fixed

crc21209
12-17-2008, 09:12 PM
As much as I liked the Celtics in the East in previous yrs and especially last yr against the Lakers this is ridiculous. They are gettin away with alot of shit out there. Its fuckin crazy. God how I hope for a Celtics-Spurs Final, show the Celtics what a REAL West team is about. Sorry Lakers, ya'll just folded last yr.

Reck
12-17-2008, 09:12 PM
Fixed

Dude shut the fuck up. Accept defeat already. Its been like a year already.

Armando
12-17-2008, 09:16 PM

My point is every team has its moments when they get hosed by the refs.

crc21209
12-17-2008, 09:16 PM

Agreed. Not our fault ur team has choked to ours in the past oh lets see 4 playoff exits.

lefty
12-17-2008, 09:18 PM
You should try to watch a Laker game without homer glasses on. It's like watching the Celtics in gay colors.

:lmao

Armando
12-17-2008, 09:18 PM
Agreed. Not our fault ur team has choked to ours in the past oh lets see 4 playoff exits.

What can I say the Suns for some reason have a mental block when it comes to the Spurs.

scanry
12-17-2008, 09:23 PM
Fixed

Let's see you're blaming the refs for Amare being a bone head. BTW Amare is by far the dumbest NBA player, and we're seeing the true Amare this year.

It ain't so pretty without D'antoni is it Amare?

Armando
12-17-2008, 09:31 PM
Let's see you're blaming the refs for Amare being a bone head. BTW Amare is by far the dumbest NBA player, and we're seeing the true Amare this year.

It ain't so pretty without D'antoni is it Amare?

The irony being that Amare had a hand in running Mike out of town and now is missing his offense.

DrHouse
12-17-2008, 09:33 PM
LOL you really think the Lakers get anywhere near this respect? Hell Kobe doesn't even get the calls that Pierce does every night.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-17-2008, 09:43 PM
LOL you really think the Lakers get anywhere near this respect? Hell Kobe doesn't even get the calls that Pierce does every night.

I will agree with the fact that Kobe isn't getting nearly the superstar calls he used to.

dirk4mvp
12-17-2008, 09:44 PM

You're crazy. Stern has such a boner for a Finals rematch, the media can taste the pre-cum already.

Armando
12-17-2008, 09:47 PM
You're crazy. Stern has such a boner for a Finals rematch, the media can taste the pre-cum already.

:lol

Armando
12-17-2008, 09:49 PM

Except the Cavs may crash the party and the Lakers are far from invincible.

dirk4mvp
12-17-2008, 09:51 PM
Except the Cavs may crash the party and the Lakers are far from invincible.

I'd love to see LeBron own Kobe.

RsxPiimp
12-17-2008, 10:03 PM
I'd love to see LeBron own Kobe.

riot in LA part deux

Bob Lanier
12-17-2008, 10:15 PM
The Celtics are a travesty to basketball
Fixed that for you.

I like the way they play and wish more teams were allowed to play like that; I hate their asshole players and asshole fans.

JoeTait75
12-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Guess someone's going to have to beat them, huh?

JamStone
12-18-2008, 04:01 AM
Suns aren't as good offensively and Amare isn't getting as many touches in this system and with Shaq from day 1 and isn't happy about it, but he's still putting up comparable numbers to his previous seasons. 22 ppg, 9 rpg, 56% FG. With the slower tempo, coaching change, and the team trying to integrate Shaq more, I'd say Amare has actually played pretty well all things considered. He does still stat pad against scrubs in blowout games either way, but as dumb as he is for many things, he's still bringing a decent game to the problem filled team.

bostonguy
12-18-2008, 04:17 AM
I'm sorry from the moving screens, pushing, shoving, hacking, BS touch fouls on opposing teams.....it's no surprise that their record is this good. They don't need to be spotted 5-6 BS calls a game by the refs.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Classic. Love it. Im picturing you saying this Dr House with the same way you say your medical logic.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

God damn my stomach is hurting from laughing so hard. :lmao:lmao

fotan2
12-18-2008, 08:11 AM
those shitty calls wouldnt have helped if the Hawks could hit 2-3more free throws .

hate to see the opponents having a huge winning streak .

monosylab1k
12-18-2008, 09:32 AM

:lmao post of the millenium!

ploto
12-18-2008, 09:37 AM
Pacers played them well. Maybe teams should watch those games.

Thunder Dan
12-18-2008, 10:37 AM
not to mention they bitch about EVERYTHING. They think they are god's gift to the NBA- but nobody gives a shit about Ray Allen, Paul Pierce or even Kevin Garnett. When they were playing in small markets nobody gave a shit about them, they are just semi-stars that need eachother to win, without eachother they play on teams with lottery picks every year......which is a fact because it's already been proven.

Lebron and Kobe make shitty teams look good- these 3 fools all suck on shitty teams

AnotherArgie
12-18-2008, 11:20 AM
They are gettin away with alot of shit out there. Its fuckin crazy. God how I hope for a Celtics-Spurs Final, show the Celtics what a REAL West team is about. Sorry Lakers, ya'll just folded last yr.

+1

Spur-Addict
12-18-2008, 11:24 AM

:lmao

I. Hustle
12-18-2008, 11:31 AM
http://newmedia.funnyjunk.com/pictures/stupid-cat-in-chicken-costume.jpg

Dex
12-18-2008, 11:35 AM
I liked when the refs missed a BLATANT double dribble by KG where he posted up, almost got forced out of bounds and picked up to pass, then re-posted and started his dribble again. Then the Hawks bench got a T for complaining about it.

Seems real fair to me. :rolleyes

Reggie Miller
12-18-2008, 11:47 AM
Pacers played them well. Maybe teams should watch those games.

Historically, these teams hate each other. The Pacers tend to play them very physically, which forces the refs to allow some contact. This doesn't work quite as well with the two current squads because the 2008-2009 Pacers don't play defense as physically as they have in the past, and the 2008-2009 Celtics are a bunch of nancy-boys.

Reggie Miller
12-18-2008, 11:48 AM
not to mention they bitch about EVERYTHING. They think they are god's gift to the NBA- but nobody gives a shit about Ray Allen, Paul Pierce or even Kevin Garnett. When they were playing in small markets nobody gave a shit about them, they are just semi-stars that need eachother to win, without eachother they play on teams with lottery picks every year......which is a fact because it's already been proven.

Lebron and Kobe make shitty teams look good- these 3 fools all suck on shitty teams

I don't know if I'd go quite that far, but your basic point is 100% correct.

DrHouse
12-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Do you ever wonder WHY the Celtics seem to be so good at closing games out???

The Atlanta game is a perfect example. KG BLATANTLY double dribbles in front of the ref....fuck everybody in the building and everyone watching the game could have made that fucking call. ATL bench gets a fucking T for complaining about it.

That's a game changer right there. Take away that T and it's a tied game.

It's shit like this that consistently happens every single 4th quarter where the Celtics are close to a team. The refs give them everything.

Spur-Addict
12-18-2008, 01:19 PM

The Atlanta game is a perfect example. KG BLATANTLY double dribbles in front of the ref....fuck everybody in the building and everyone watching the game could have made that fucking call. ATL bench gets a fucking T for complaining about it.

It's shit like this that consistently happens every single 4th quarter where the Celtics are close to a team. The refs give them everything.

In your opinion, did this happen in the finals last year?

sook
12-18-2008, 01:40 PM

same shit happened vs the rockets earlier this season, i actually heard KG picking on Alston, wasn't real close but i heard him trying to start something and Rafer got the T. The rockets lost that game by 4 but who knows :ihit

bostonguy
12-18-2008, 01:59 PM

No shit. Kobe/Lebron are major superstars. The closest thing the Celts have is Pierce but he isnt a superstar on their level. Thanks for saying something that was said all of last year. As to nobody giving a shit about the current Boston three party, last time I checked they are the on the team labeled as the defending champions. Part of your post is on facts but the rest is on jealousy and hatred. Keep it going. :lmao:lmao:lmao

bostonguy
12-18-2008, 02:00 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao

RsxPiimp
12-18-2008, 02:20 PM
that last shot by joe johnson which was supposedly a clean block by perkins was an obvious let down too...

i swear everyone that plays that team will have a monkey on their back.

DrHouse
12-18-2008, 03:21 PM

Karma is a bitch and it's coming for your Celtics.

18-1.

DarkReign
12-18-2008, 07:02 PM
Ahh, one of the reasons the NBA isnt really on my radar anymore.

1) Pistons are an unlikeable team, through and through

2) Officiating is deplorable at best, bias at worst.

LnGrrrR
12-18-2008, 08:17 PM
I liked when the refs missed a BLATANT double dribble by KG where he posted up, almost got forced out of bounds and picked up to pass, then re-posted and started his dribble again. Then the Hawks bench got a T for complaining about it.

Seems real fair to me. :rolleyes

LMAO, I didnt' see that, but I'm pretty sure I saw him blatantly travel. And even as a Celtics homer, I was like, "Uhm... I can't believe they didn't call that."

Ginobilirules
12-18-2008, 10:08 PM
I sooooooooooooo agree with all you guys about the nba's wetdream celts, anybody regardless of which team you support, and love except the celtics, smart fans that's only a few of us who know real b-ball can see it's pathetically obvious that the nba is rigged in favor of these these over rated celtics. if the nba's fair, my Spurs if healthy will shutdown this Boston team no doubt, 4-2 in the finals book it"" we have way too much exp with this current nucleus and boston has no answers for our better"" big three, and co. also Manu" will eat Pierce up" at every opportunity given since MANU"" is a so much better player than Pierce hands down. and the spurs will be even more physical than the celtics, trust me but with class, and we can get an even stronger killer instinct"" than these pussy"" overrated nba's wetdream celtics. the nba officials like stern, and stu jackson, and co, are probably connected to organized crime but are very sligh, and cunning about it rigging these games and playoff games too".

Ginobilirules
12-18-2008, 10:21 PM
Hey bostonguy"" you're an IDIOT"" with zero knowledge'" this has nothing to do with jealousy DIRTBAG"" you're just like a typical uneducated boston fan. this has to do with pure OPEN YOUR EYES"" TRUTH RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR UGLY MUG"" MR BAWSTON'"GUY, WAKEUP LOWLIFE""SCUM"" we all see the BS"' the league has turned into now. it's in the toilet, until the league lets the players decide the game fairly not on biased fuckedup calls"' favoring your overrated team. get real". also Manu will Pierce up"" both on offense, and defensively'' especially since Manu is a made superstar and has proven himself at each level of competition countless times over. PIERCE HAS A BIG MOUTH'" AND TALKS ALL KINDS OF FALSE BASELESS, BULLSHIT"' Manu and co, let their game and skills, talk of who's really better and true b-ball fans like me know this too. pierce is good but yet very overrated. and Manu is great" already proven countless times and [great] is a whole different level than just good, or very good.

DrHouse
12-18-2008, 11:49 PM
I could care less what bandwagon BOS fans think. They didn't even know the Celtics existed until last year. These are the same classless fucks who were chanting "MVP" for Kobe in '06 when their team was garbage.

For all this talk about a storied franchise they sure spent the better part of two decades wallowing in mediocrity.

Reggie Miller
12-19-2008, 12:39 AM
Ahh, one of the reasons the NBA isnt really on my radar anymore.

1) Pistons are an unlikeable team, through and through

2) Officiating is deplorable at best, bias at worst.

I will second that. As a Pacers' fan, I can't even hate the Pistons anymore. They are a shell of the team I loved to hate.

Also, the Pacers have about three likeable players. More importantly, they suck.

By and large, I have always tried to convince myself that poor officiating tends to cancel itself out over the long run. In the last two years, the officiating has gotten to the point that I don't know whether to call them cretins or crooks.

Sour grapes? Very possible. I have seen my favorite team implode in a few short years. That said, I am an old dude, and I have seen my fair share of crappy Indiana teams in the past.

More and more, I am getting disgusted with the entire structure of the NBA. As in, there's not enough "real" pro talent to have more than about 24 teams. The NBA season should start a few weeks earlier and eliminate back-to-backs. Etc., etc. Just for the record, I prefer pro basketball to college.

bostonguy
12-19-2008, 12:49 AM
Hey bostonguy"" you're an IDIOT"" with zero knowledge'" this has nothing to do with jealousy DIRTBAG"" you're just like a typical uneducated boston fan. this has to do with pure OPEN YOUR EYES"" TRUTH RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR UGLY MUG"" MR BAWSTON'"GUY, WAKEUP LOWLIFE""SCUM"" we all see the BS"' the league has turned into now. it's in the toilet, until the league lets the players decide the game fairly not on biased fuckedup calls"' favoring your overrated team. get real". also Manu will Pierce up"" both on offense, and defensively'' especially since Manu is a made superstar and has proven himself at each level of competition countless times over. PIERCE HAS A BIG MOUTH'" AND TALKS ALL KINDS OF FALSE BASELESS, BULLSHIT"' Manu and co, let their game and skills, talk of who's really better and true b-ball fans like me know this too. pierce is good but yet very overrated. and Manu is great" already proven countless times and [great] is a whole different level than just good, or very good.

Huh? porkchop sandwiches!!:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

bostonguy
12-19-2008, 12:56 AM
Karma is a bitch and it's coming for your Celtics.

18-1.

Celtics are running up the score in a blowout?
Doc Rivers is a sore loser?
Celtics care more about 70 wins than a repeat?

You claim they hack and get away with everything yet you have praised their D as well. :lmao

bostonguy
12-19-2008, 12:59 AM
I hate Boston yet I respect the hell out of them but I will flip flop back and forth on them being a great team because of my hate for them. I now have to resort to stereotyping fans considering the fact that the fan base I root for also has a shitload of frontrunners.

:lmao:lmao fixed that for you Doc.

DrHouse
12-19-2008, 04:36 AM
I see I've riled up bostonguy quite a bit here. Typical insecure BOS fan.

bostonguy
12-19-2008, 09:07 AM
I see I've riled up bostonguy quite a bit here. Typical insecure BOS fan.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao Still have med student interns coming in?

stretch
12-19-2008, 09:10 AM
Lebron makes shitty teams look good. Kobe makes good teams look shitty in the finals.

fixed

TheMadHatter
12-19-2008, 12:11 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao Still have med student interns coming in?

Comedy isn't for you.

Gator Chomp!
12-19-2008, 12:34 PM
boston sucks they are fags.

hater
12-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Boston >>>>>>>>>>>> LA

kingmalaki
12-19-2008, 06:19 PM
That's hilarious....a Laker fan crying because there is a team out there that possibly get's away with more BS than their team.

Allanon
12-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Boston was >>>>>>>>>>>> LA

Fixed. :toast