PDA

View Full Version : Tasty roadkill animal candies!

Useruser666
02-25-2005, 01:52 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/US/02/25/roadkill.candy.ap/story.road.candy.ap.jpg

I think it's funny. These animal rights people need to chill out.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/02/25/roadkill.candy.ap/index.html

Road kill candy angers animal rights activists
Kraft: 'We didn't mean to offend anyone'

Friday, February 25, 2005 Posted: 9:41 AM EST (1441 GMT)

story.road.candy.ap.jpg
A piece of snake road kill candy
Image:

TRENTON, New Jersey (AP) -- Animal rights activists are disgusted by a new candy from Kraft Foods Inc. that's shaped like critters run over by cars -- complete with tire treads.

The fruity-flavored Trolli Road Kill Gummi Candy -- in shapes of partly flattened snakes, chickens and squirrels -- fosters cruelty toward animals, according to the New Jersey Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

"It sends the wrong message to children, that it's OK to harm animals. And that's the wrong message, especially from a so-called wholesome corporation like Kraft," said society spokesman Matthew Stanton.

The society is considering petition drives, boycotts and letter-writing campaigns to get the candy pulled from the market, Stanton said.

After receiving a complaint from the NJSPCA Wednesday, Kraft officials pulled an animated advertisement from Trolli's Web site that featured car headlights and animals.

No other decisions on changes have been made, said Kraft spokesman Larry Baumann.

"If you look across the Gummi category we certainly have many products that are offbeat, and that's what we were doing in this case," Baumann said. "We didn't mean to offend anyone."

travis2
02-25-2005, 01:59 PM
Gummi Road Kill Squirrel! Yummmm! :)

BTW...isn't that true whether or not you make a candy out of it?

SpursWoman
02-25-2005, 02:05 PM
Kraft officials pulled an animated advertisement from Trolli's Web site that featured car headlights and animals.

:lol :rollin

And yet they've never raised a stink about the broken-off heads & appendages that you inevitably get in a box of animal crackers?

travis2
02-25-2005, 02:17 PM
:lol :rollin

And yet they've never raised a stink about the broken-off heads & appendages that you inevitably get in a box of animal crackers?

No, because the animal rights activists don't have a problem with packaging predators and prey in the same box.

SpursWoman
02-25-2005, 02:21 PM
:rollin :lol

Shelly
02-25-2005, 02:45 PM
:lol

I have NO problem biting the head off of a tiger cookie in a box of animal crackers.

Wait....that didn't sound right, did it??? :oops

Useruser666
02-25-2005, 02:49 PM

I have NO problem biting the head off of a tiger cookie in a box of animal crackers.

Heeeelllloooooo TIGER!!!

They have heads? I never looked that closely before.

Slo spurs fan
02-25-2005, 03:05 PM

What does New Orleans Hornets have with this?

desflood
02-25-2005, 11:50 PM
I can sense PETA closing in for the kill.

Guru of Nothing
02-26-2005, 01:24 AM
Gummi candy offends me far more than the thought of roadkill.

desflood
02-26-2005, 10:15 AM
Well, they've caved. Kraft is pulling it off the market.

Bluto Blutarsky
02-26-2005, 11:15 AM
Kraft you bunch of pansies!

Why not put fake fur and scales on them too so it will really be offensive and gross.
Go for the kill!