12-18-2008, 12:43 AM
Nice pass from TP

sa_butta
12-18-2008, 12:45 AM
Nice pass from TP
*assisted by Tony Parker

timvp
12-18-2008, 12:45 AM
I never even heard of this supposed record until the other day. I LOLed when the Hornets crowd acted like Paul broke Cal Ripken, Jr.'s streak or something.

Congrats on setting a record that didn't even exist a couple days ago :tu

dbreiden83080
12-18-2008, 12:47 AM
I never even heard of this supposed record until the other day. I LOLed when the Hornets crowd acted like Paul broke Cal Ripken, Jr.'s streak or something.

I laughed when Paul told ESPN, that it would mean the world to him before the game.. I mean give me a break..

Spurminator
12-18-2008, 12:50 AM
You have to admire Paul's humility upon breaking a record no one but him thinks has any significance whatsoever.

T Park
12-18-2008, 12:51 AM
:lol

Another chance to bash Tony Parker I see.

cp3 4 mvp
12-18-2008, 01:08 AM
Man ya'll really hate players that are better than any of your players ever were or will be. Just accept the fact that paul is the third best player in the league.

T Park
12-18-2008, 01:09 AM
I'm 15 and just learned how to get online.YAY!

cp3 4 mvp
12-18-2008, 01:11 AM
O damn dude you caught me. :wow

Please name one thing that is wrong with that statement?

Dex
12-18-2008, 01:24 AM
O damn dude you caught me. :wow

Please name one thing that is wrong with that statement?

Well, if you want to get get technical.

Man, you all really hate players that are better than any of your players ever were, or will be. Just accept the fact that Paul is the third-best player in the league.

Oh, and the fact that Paul hasn't won anything yet, aside from some record that only New Orleans fans will care about.

bdictjames
12-18-2008, 01:25 AM
On a lame pass as well. There was no way Parker could've gotten that pass through.

duncan228
12-18-2008, 01:41 AM
Man ya'll really hate players that are better than any of your players ever were or will be.

Do your homework and then talk to me in 10 years. There's no way Paul will have the All NBA and All NBA Defensive teams that Duncan has had every year he's been in the league. Never mind the 2 MVP's, the 3 Finals MVPs and the 4 rings.

Chris Paul is a great player, I think he's got a great game. But he's not in Duncan's catagory.

dbreiden83080
12-18-2008, 01:55 AM
Man ya'll really hate players that are better than any of your players ever were or will be. Just accept the fact that paul is the third best player in the league.

LOL, are you saying Paul is better than Duncan ever was? He is not better than Tim is now, forget the past. If he sniffs 1/4 of TD's legacy, at the end of his career he'll be lucky as all hell...

BRHornet45
12-18-2008, 02:34 AM
Do your homework and then talk to me in 10 years. There's no way Paul will have the All NBA and All NBA Defensive teams that Duncan has had every year he's been in the league. Never mind the 2 MVP's, the 3 Finals MVPs and the 4 rings.

Chris Paul is a great player, I think he's got a great game. But he's not in Duncan's catagory.

Duncan is also a foot taller than him dumbass

cherylsteele
12-18-2008, 02:53 AM
Duncan is also a foot taller than him dumbass

According to the poster, height has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

When CP3 wins an NBA Finals MVP, then we'll talk.

BRHornet45
12-18-2008, 03:03 AM
According to the poster, height has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

When CP3 wins an NBA Finals MVP, then we'll talk.

LOL you dip shits simply can't accept the fact that Paul is one of the key future players in the league and that your Spurs are steadily getting worse. We should have blew yall out by 15-20 points tonight, but up until the last 4 minutes we played piss poor.

crc21209
12-18-2008, 03:36 AM
LOL you dip shits simply can't accept the fact that Paul is one of the key future players in the league and that your Spurs are steadily getting worse. We should have blew yall out by 15-20 points tonight, but up until the last 4 minutes we played piss poor.

Riiight, keep telling yourself that. Your lucky the Spurs didnt blow the Hornets out by 20+ with all the bricks they were throwing up. The Spurs clamped down on the Hornets good enough to get the "W," until David fucking West of all people hit 2 threes Geez thats when u know your going to lose. And also going 0-9 from 3 in the fourth doesnt help at all, the Spurs just let this one slip, shit happens, you should know right? Hornets losing to the Spurs in Game 7 last year. Oh and by the way, cherylsteele is right, when CP3 wins a NBA Finals MVP, then come talk shit, dont be bitching that Tim is a foot taller than him and comparing those two, because TP also has a Finals MVP "Son." :lobt2: :ihit

kace
12-18-2008, 03:45 AM
:lol

Another chance to bash Tony Parker I see.

just amazing :lol :lol

mrspurs
12-18-2008, 09:14 AM
CP3 is just gonna get better.

T Park
12-18-2008, 09:16 AM
CP3 is just gonna get better.

Any other earth shattering statements you wanna make?

Like, the earth is round and the sky is blue?

cjjr72984
12-18-2008, 09:56 AM

A record that's stood for 22 years.

Some of you guys are acting like the record he broke was easy. Having at least 1 steal in 106 straight games is phenomenal IMO.

People just need to stop hating cause Paul plays for the other team and give props.

kace
12-18-2008, 10:17 AM
A record that's stood for 22 years.

Some of you guys are acting like the record he broke was easy. Having at least 1 steal in 106 straight games is phenomenal IMO.

People just need to stop hating cause Paul plays for the other team and give props.

CP3 is a great player. i think a lot of members of this forum know and admit it.

this record doesn't mean so much anyway. I mean, firstly, it's more important how many steals you average than if you've got at least one in a streak of game. it's rather useless this kind of stuff. secondly, steals can be a very deceptive stat. I'm not sure Pop would like his players to attempt more steals because it also quickly leads to bad defensive coverage of your opponent. there could a lot of gambling in steals even if it can also show your aggressiveness in defense.

and the way CP3 reacted to this record tells something about the player too. Ask Manu about such a record if he had it and everyone here knows he would basically say he doesn't give a shit like he did with 6MOY award and 3rd NBA team. Titles with your team is all that matters. i can understand a player being happy with some individual recognitions (MVP, defensive player, finals MVP) but moderatly and above all not with some meaningless record like this.

anyway, you're right if you think that if a spur player had broken this record, a lot of ST members would celebrate. fans are fans.

BRHornet45
12-18-2008, 10:26 AM
CP3 is a great player. i think a lot of members of this forum know and admit it.

this record doesn't mean so much anyway. I mean, firstly, it's more important how many steals you average than if you've got at least one in a streak of game. it's rather useless this kind of stuff. secondly, steals can be a very deceptive stat. I'm not sure Pop would like his players to attempt more steals because it also quickly leads to bad defensive coverage of your opponent. there could a lot of gambling in steals even if it can also show your aggressiveness in defense.

and the way CP3 reacted to this record tells something about the player too. Ask Manu about such a record if he had it and everyone here knows he would basically say he doesn't give a shit like he did with 6MOY award and 3rd NBA team. Titles with your team is all that matters. i can understand a player being happy with some individual recognitions (MVP, defensive player, finals MVP) but moderatly and above all not with some meaningless record like this.

anyway, you're right if you think that if a spur player had broken this record, a lot of ST members would celebrate. fans are fans.

WTF? so it was wrong for Paul to acknowledge the crowd going ape shit for him for 10 seconds? why all of the hate? .... Its not an MVP award of course, but it is a great achievement and a record that stood for 22 years. Also, learn your facts before you speak ignorance. Paul has stated numerous times in interviews that the record is a nice achievement, but doesn't mean anything unless the team wins.

tp2021
12-18-2008, 10:29 AM
Oden:tlong::Piss Paul:BSHornet

Sorry tlong.

hater
12-18-2008, 10:33 AM
congratulations to Paul. Now he needs to work on his getting hissy fits about being accidentally bumped by a player. :lol

kace
12-18-2008, 10:35 AM
WTF? so it was wrong for Paul to acknowledge the crowd going ape shit for him for 10 seconds? why all of the hate? .... Its not an MVP award of course, but it is a great achievement and a record that stood for 22 years. Also, learn your facts before you speak ignorance. Paul has stated numerous times in interviews that the record is a nice achievement, but doesn't mean anything unless the team wins.

"It's an unbelievable achievement. Hopefully nobody else will come break it,'' said Paul, who often preaches the importance of getting turnovers in order to ignite the transition offense he leads so creatively. "I figure since I set the record, why not smash it? Let's see how long it can go.''

and the way he hurried up like a kid to secure the ball on his first steal whereas a teamate already had it in his hands shows that he wanted it badly.

he is who he is. which means sometimes a big ego who believes all that the hype is saying about him and acts like a diva on the court. not a big deal.

BRHornet45
12-18-2008, 10:39 AM
and the way he hurried up like a kid to secure the ball on his first steal whereas a teamate already had it in his hands shows that he wanted it badly.

he is who he is. which means sometimes a big ego who believes all that the hype is saying about him and acts like a diva on the court. not a big deal.

oh please ...yea its wrong for him to hurry up and grab the loose ball that he stole that was still bouncing loose on the ground. you are fucking pathetic. I guarantee if it was Parker who set the record then you would be kissing his ass right now. Also its funny how you look past all of the whining that your players do on the court too ... Parker, Duncan, etc.

nkdlunch
12-18-2008, 10:43 AM
congratulations to Paul. Now he needs to work on his getting hissy fits about being accidentally bumped by a player. :lol

hahaha yeah saw that when Bonner bumped him. He had a lil bitch fit so much so that the great Tim Duncan had to tell him "shut up you lil cunt!"

1usamotorsports.com
12-18-2008, 11:13 AM
Riiight, keep telling yourself that. Your lucky the Spurs didnt blow the Hornets out by 20+ with all the bricks they were throwing up. The Spurs clamped down on the Hornets good enough to get the "W," until David fucking West of all people hit 2 threes Geez thats when u know your going to lose. And also going 0-9 from 3 in the fourth doesnt help at all, the Spurs just let this one slip, shit happens, you should know right? Hornets losing to the Spurs in Game 7 last year. Oh and by the way, cherylsteele is right, when CP3 wins a NBA Finals MVP, then come talk shit, dont be bitching that Tim is a foot taller than him and comparing those two, because TP also has a Finals MVP "Son." :lobt2: :ihit

Dont forget we whoop there asses in there nest at there Home . :ihit:lol

Phenomanul
12-18-2008, 12:05 PM
oh please ...yea its wrong for him to hurry up and grab the loose ball that he stole that was still bouncing loose on the ground. you are fucking pathetic. I guarantee if it was Parker who set the record then you would be kissing his ass right now. Also its funny how you look past all of the whining that your players do on the court too ... Parker, Duncan, etc.

He yelled at Butler who practically had it in his hands.... "I got it...it's mine!!!"

Check the replays...

BRHornet45
12-18-2008, 12:21 PM
He yelled at Butler who practically had it in his hands.... "I got it...it's mine!!!"

Check the replays...

yep son and he was also seen pushing down handicap children last night too.

polandprzem
12-18-2008, 12:31 PM

Well most fans knew about that record way earlier.

And record did not exsisted couple days ago simply because Paul had not enough games played with 1+ steals :rolleyes timvp

kace
12-18-2008, 12:31 PM
yep son and he was also seen pushing down handicap children last night too.

and he was probably still flopping and bitching to have the call...

cjjr72984
12-18-2008, 12:49 PM

The record does matter cause it's a sign of consistency. As a Hornet player and fan, you know he's gonna give you at least 2-4 extra possessions per game b'c of his steals. That can be the difference between winning by 2 or losing by 2. I'll take that any day. I see your point with attempting steals can lead to poor defensive coverage but I don't remember people saying that about Stockton and the Jazz. CP studies film and anticipates when and where teams pass the ball. Besides, the Hornets have been one of the top defensive teams in the league while CP has been there so I don't think team defense is a concern for Byron Scott.

And as for his recognition.....Paul is always a guy who wants his teammates to get the shine instead of him. He steadily talked down the MVP talk and said he wants a championship more than anything. In this particular case, the announcers and crowd cheered him on and all he did was quickly wave. Don't really see what's wrong with that.

cherylsteele
12-18-2008, 12:50 PM
If the Spurs made half of the open shots that they have been making usually the Hornets would have been blown out just like crc2019 said, or did you not see the game? The ESPN commentators said the same thing and they always seem to be biased against the Spurs.

cp3 4 mvp
12-18-2008, 01:46 PM
If the Spurs made half of the open shots that they have been making usually the Hornets would have been blown out just like crc2019 said, or did you not see the game? The ESPN commentators said the same thing and they always seem to be biased against the Spurs.

And you all are so bad that you cant even hit open shots. Haha. The spurs are old and slow.

I love how you all say that paul all kinds of calls but you ass bitch asses like manu ginobli and tim duncan that exaggerate a little bitty nudge with a finger. Manu ginobli is probably the biggest bitch in the league followed by duncan and nowitzki.

SenorSpur
12-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Riiight, keep telling yourself that. Your lucky the Spurs didnt blow the Hornets out by 20+ with all the bricks they were throwing up.

Exactly. Had the Spurs hit half those open shots, it would've been lights out.

Yuixafun
12-18-2008, 02:54 PM
This reminded me of some years ago..

When Michael Strahan formerly of the New York football Giants was going for the All time Sacks in a season record..

Which he set against the Packers... his good friend Brett Favre called an audible at the line..

Which I guess was too roll away from the protection, a naked bootleg, right into the waiting arms of Strahan...

Not saying that Chris Paul needed help, but that pass from TP was pretty.. inane.. and then the next play, TP strips Chris Paul at half court.. seems a little coincidental. Tic for tac - wink wink- between friends.

cjjr72984
12-18-2008, 05:28 PM
This reminded me of some years ago..

When Michael Strahan formerly of the New York football Giants was going for the All time Sacks in a season record..

Which he set against the Packers... his good friend Brett Favre called an audible at the line..

Which I guess was too roll away from the protection, a naked bootleg, right into the waiting arms of Strahan...

Not saying that Chris Paul needed help, but that pass from TP was pretty.. inane.. and then the next play, TP strips Chris Paul at half court.. seems a little coincidental. Tic for tac - wink wink- between friends.

Uh no...you're reaching on that one. Besides, CP had 3 more steals for the game so it didn't matter.

Phenomanul
12-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Uh no...you're reaching on that one. Besides, CP had 3 more steals for the game so it didn't matter.

I think he was addressing the "oh no" drama of the thread starter bashing Parker for the play.

Paul would have had a steal somewhere in the game regardless of who had the ball.