PDA

View Full Version : Tenet Plays the Jew Card

Nbadan
12-17-2008, 10:58 PM
When Neo-Conservatism goes bad....

The Atlantic's Jeffrey Goldberg offers an interesting excerpt from "A World Of Trouble," a forthcoming book by Patrick Tyler on the White House and the Middle East. In this scene, CIA director George Tenet, drunk on scotch at Saudi Prince Bandar's pool, rants about Bush administration "Jews" who are "setting me up" to take the fall for the false WMD claims:

A servant appeared with a bottle. Tenet knocked back some of the scotch. Then some more. They watched with concern. He drained half the bottle in a few minutes.

"They're setting me up. The bastards are setting me up," Tenet said, but "I am not going to take the hit."

"According to one witness, he mocked the neoconservatives in the Bush administration and their alignment with the right wing of Israel's political establishment, referring to them with exasperation as, "the Jews."

Huff (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/12/17/george-tenet-screamed-abo_n_151690.html)

Can't wait for that tell all book....Oh wait, yes I can...

Oh, Gee!!
12-18-2008, 12:38 AM
politics makes strange bedfellows. Hagee is the biggest Zionist around these days, but he's probably an anti-semite. lolz

BradLohaus
12-18-2008, 12:57 AM
And 2 days later he was drunk in a hot tub with Bibi and Sharon bitching about the crazy Arabs... Middle East dilplomacy 101. :lol

Winehole23
12-18-2008, 01:04 AM
They set him up all right... for the Medal of Freedom!

Oh, Gee!!
12-18-2008, 01:06 AM
And 2 days later he was drunk in a hot tub with Bibi and Sharon bitching about the crazy Arabs

is that true? :wow

BradLohaus
12-18-2008, 01:23 AM
is that true? :wow

I was just kidding...but would you bet the house against it? Me neither.

TDMVPDPOY
12-18-2008, 04:51 AM
ppl dont usually take notice whatever a drunk says, but in most cases a drunk will spill the beans...which can sometimes either be fact or bs....take ur pick. But its the obvious here with this issue.

Oh, Gee!!
12-18-2008, 08:40 AM
I was just kidding.

so was I dipshit :rolleyes

Wild Cobra
12-18-2008, 11:37 AM
I don't understand...

Propaganda Dan likes to slam president Bush, yet Tenet is a Clinton appointee that president Bush fired after finding out Tenet supplied him with poor CIA intelligence, and the Plame scandal.

Just how does this make Tenet a neocon?

Someone enlighten me please.

Winehole23
12-18-2008, 12:11 PM
I don't understand...

Propaganda Dan likes to slam president Bush, yet Tenet is a Clinton appointee that president Bush fired after finding out Tenet supplied him with poor CIA intelligence, and the Plame scandal.

Just how does this make Tenet a neocon?

Someone enlighten me please.Try re-reading the thread. What you're looking for isn't there. nbadan didn't call Tenet a neocon and neither does he article.

Wild Cobra
12-18-2008, 12:16 PM
Try re-reading the thread. What you're looking for isn't there. nbadan didn't call Tenet a neocon and neither does he article.
OK, You're right. I don't now what I did to misread it.

I wonder if that really happened?

I tend to think that's a bit out there even though I have no respect for Tenet.

Winehole23
12-18-2008, 12:27 PM
I wonder if that really happened?

I tend to think that's a bit out there even though I have no respect for Tenet.Did it happen? According to the Mr. Smarty Pants (http://www.austinchronicle.com/mrpants/) veracity test, yes it did --

Mr. Smarty Pants gets his information from books, magazines, newspapers,the internet, radio, and television. He also includes facts he has overheard at parties.

clambake
12-18-2008, 12:49 PM
how much value can one place on wild cobra's respect?

BradLohaus
12-19-2008, 02:27 AM
so was I dipshit :rolleyes

I was sure that you were, but then the "shocked" icon at the end confused me.