PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Complain

Ghost Writer
02-25-2005, 02:21 PM
Shocking, huh?

The Spurs have the best player in the game (Duncan), a bonafide second star (Ginobili), a solid third above average player (Parker), a three-point bomber who plays with heart (Barry), an athletic young swingman (D. Brown), a veteran champion (Horry), a capable backup PG (Udrih).

They got rid of Rose's dumb contract and got someone who s an improvement over Rasho by doing an actual smart and effectual trade.

I have no doubt in my mind that this team is winning it all.

Good Times.

ShoogarBear
02-25-2005, 02:24 PM
We're doomed.

PM5K
02-25-2005, 02:24 PM
Lmao....

TwoHandJam
02-25-2005, 02:27 PM
We're doomed.
You read my mind. :lol

Ghost Writer
02-25-2005, 02:30 PM
:lol

What's worse?

I traded for Duncan in my fantasy league yesterday.

The countdown until Duncan goes down with a season-ending injury begins.

P.S.

I'm going to see Rose's first game against the Spurs in NYC on March 21. Should be bittersweet.

spurster
02-25-2005, 02:47 PM
Ghost can't complain? Somebody mark this day down as a first!

whottt
02-25-2005, 02:47 PM
I'm going to see Rose's first game against the Spurs in NYC on March 21. Should be bittersweet.

Why? Will you miss Mohammed that much?

RobinsontoDuncan
02-25-2005, 02:51 PM
i seem to remember a lot of hostility towards malik from you ghost so why bittersweet?

GrandeDavid
02-25-2005, 02:57 PM
^Ghost don't talk that junk, man! You better trade Duncan quickly!

Solid D
02-25-2005, 03:09 PM
Look, most of us loved Malik as a wonderful soul, community jewel, blue-collar, do anything for you friend. His goodbye on WOAI TV last night exemplified what San Antonio and it's people mean to him (not past tense but present and future tense).

Most everyone knew he was marked as the primary trade-able player. "Nobody wants that contract" was stated over and over the past year or so by every NBA analyst....that's right, every one of them.

He needed to be moved for a bigger pivot player. The Spurs have needed a bigger 4/5 all year. They got one. I think they did something to improve the team's chances to win another championship, regardless of the matchup, now.

Spurminator
02-25-2005, 03:11 PM
Was there any doubt? After Marcus came out against the trade, Ghost's position was a forgone conclusion.

Ghost Writer
03-01-2005, 06:24 PM
The Spurs have answered most all of the things that have nagged at me over the years.

I approve of basically everything they've done this season.

My bitterness in the past was rooted in frustration.

I don't see any reason to be negative about the current team or the immediate future.

Getting to this point required patience I did not have and squandering some opportunities to add to the team's two trophies, but what's done is done.

I thought Rose was overrated and overpaid, but he was Duncan's friend and had a huge veteran presence that will require others to step up and replace.

That said, the Spurs were right in trading him, getting rid of his salary, getting a younger center in Nazr who could make Rasho even more expendable.

It was a tough business decision, but one that had to be made.

smeagol
03-01-2005, 06:27 PM
I don't see any reason to be negative about the current team or the immediate future.
If only other posters had a similar POV.